Defeating the dragon Ranma 1/2 & Street Fighter cross

For submitting and talking about story ideas, individual scenes that need doctoring, outlines, or other detail work that isn't quite ready for the C&C thread.

Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Defeating the dragon Ranma 1/2 & Street Fighter cross

Postby Blackcat101 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:32 pm

Defeating the dragon Ranma 1/2 & Street Fighter crossover

After the failed weeding, Ranma meets Ryu, challenges him to a fight and loses. After that Ranma disappears, one year later, Ranma lives as a street fighter in USA, while both the Tendos and Cologne want him to go back to Nerima.

You do remember how much of a sore loser Ranma is? How he was trained to be the best? How he seems to care more about winning than even about the curse? So yes, I do think Ranma would just leave everything behind to get strong and become the best. Let's face it, martial arts is the only good thing he is good at, his father made sure of that.

Yes, almost cannon Ranma, no extra powers. Well maybe he has improved some of his techniques over a year, but while Ranma never used ki attacks much, after facing Ryu you would want a bad-ass ki attack, right?

I think he would cut off his pigtail, and dye his hair black so even if he turns into a girl he would be less noticeable. After all an asian with short black hair, be it male or female, is less noticeable than a pigtailed redhead asian. There is the blue eyes, but is not like blue eyes are that rare in America, and using glasses or contact during a fight is a bad idea, unless they are sport glasses, but even then, they are a risk. He would also the clothes he usually wears.

And where most of the action would be? Well, I don't know if telling some of Ranma world tour first, or start the fanfic when Ranma arrives to Metro City for an Underground Street Fighter Tournament. I picked Metro City because Street Fighter has recycled some characters from the Final Fight series, so Metro City exists in Street Fighter canon. I will also ignore the events of Final Fight 3 because the city was destroyed.
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Re: Defeating the dragon Ranma 1/2 & Street Fighter cross

Postby LawOhki » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:16 pm

Blackcat101 wrote:Let's face it, martial arts is the only good thing he is good at, his father made sure of that.

Libel.

LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby Blackcat101 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:44 pm

Mmm, actually, I could start with a Final Fight cross, about Ranma arriving to Metro city and ended fighting a gang cause well... he is Ranma. Final Fight barely has any crossovers...
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Vahn » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:48 am

Which ryu version are you using? Because I feel that canon Ranma can take on most version of ryu except the marvel vs capcom one. Why? Ryu Hadoken super moves is simply ridiculously powerful in that version. Over version of ryu had him as skill. ut not crazily powerful and thus more manageable.
Vahn
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Return to Ideas, Outlines and Scenes