Half a Chance HP Alternate Universe Crossover

For submitting and talking about story ideas, individual scenes that need doctoring, outlines, or other detail work that isn't quite ready for the C&C thread.

Idea submissions must be at least five paragraphs long, and include plot points, summaries of which characters are involved, and, for fanfiction, how it differs from canon. Both original and fanfiction ideas welcome. Though original works should have more development. Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Half a Chance HP Alternate Universe Crossover

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:55 am

Half a Chance. A Harry Potter Ranma 1/2 crossover idea.

Before the fateful night where the Potters get attacked by Voldemort and Harry becomes the most Famous infant who lived. The Ministry of Magic is getting concerned over reports on Muggle News over events in Japan and China that are becoming noticed. Stories of shape changers, that are clearly not Lycanthropes since they happen all the time, sometimes multiple times in the same hour. Fights that destroy sections of buildings with single hits. And most recently a mountain collapsed.(Mt Horai, Kettle incident) While England has been having their own War it is getting to a point where they feel a need to send someone to investigate.

The people sent are the Potters and the Longbottoms. Two couples who are probably the best the Ministry have and both are all but sidelined in the War by the wives Maternity leave. All 4 go on the mission seeing how neither child is due until the middle of next July at the earliest.(Its currently February) They start their investigation at the recently flattened Mountain. While they find a slight trace of Magic lingering most of what they find is Life Energy. Enough that the only explanation they can think of at the time is that there were at least a million people who died here, or there is something they don't understand, beyond magic, going on.

They next go to Nerima where most of the Reports originate and entering the area sense the same energies. They decide to get as many of the facts as they can without getting involved and learn of both Jusenkyo and its victims. There is no magical ability inherent to the shape changers and most would be considered Muggles if it wasn't for the curses. But considering how much power these "victims" exhibit in their fights they know keeping out of it was a good idea.

They approach Cologne who is said to be a native of a village near this Jusenkyo and there get a slightly biased but near complete picture of the actual situation. They are all Muggles but also Martial Artists. Some of the best in their respective generations. Capable of channeling their life energies in ways rarely seen in the last 400 years. Alice Longbottom gets caught up in the drama of Shampoo's life, thinking it would make great Soap Opera material, She asks to become Pen palls with Cologne so she can keep updated on the story.

Just before the investigators were getting ready to leave a Flying Boat shows up over head while people in the neighborhood are complaining about an Elephant with a Giant Ki Manifestation that had been plowing through the other side of Town to the Tendo Dojo. Most just with amused looks on their faces as if all are thinking `Here we go again.'

Not wanting to risk being seen trying to chase the Sky Boat they try to tag it with a tracer charm. Unfortunately its magics are so strong and different the simple spell dissipates before attaching and they are left with the choice of waiting for the Nerima Wrecking Crew to come back or just filing their reports and going home.

They end up at least discretely interviewing all the remaining main players of events in Nerima. Learning the Aquatransexual Saotome Ranma is often caught up in the middle of all these events. It was his Fiancée Akane of the Tendo family that was kidnapped by the Boat, since she was holding something the Elephant's owner dropped. Not the first time she was kidnapped and most likely targeted due to the Chaos around Ranma. They even find that the destruction of Mt Horai was mostly between Ranma and one other Aquatransexual who fought there over a magical item with the ability to effect their curses. Both had gotten trapped in Female form and the kettle there unlocked it so they could again be in their birth forms. Why Cologne decided not to mention that to them when they were talking to her strikes them as odd. (She had figured since they were Magical Investigators they might try to confiscate the Kettle.)

In the end they go home before the Nekonron adventure ends. Nerima being a bit too unpredictable to chance their growing children. Sure back home has a War but at least the enemy is an evil they know how to survive.

October 31st, Voldemort's Attack should have been impossible. But considering places like Nerima that word has so little it can actually apply to anymore. James Potter is hit with the Killing curse before he manages to shake off the magical backlash of the wards being forced to instantly stop. He finds himself forced out of his body and chases after his murderer with no idea of what he can do but hoping to be able to do Something to save his wife and child. He ends up witnessing something never before seen. When Lilly was hit with the curse her soul was already leaving her body and wrapping around their child like a cocoon. The final Spell barely cracked it bouncing back and destroying Voldemort's body. The shreds of its shade quickly flowing away, Probably to his closest Horocrux. James remembering Ranma, living half his life female, takes a chance and dives at Lilly's body. Amazingly it accepts him and Harry ends up not being the only one to live this night.

This is a setup for a crossover where Harry doesn't become an Orphan. Technically he still has both his Parents. How however is a bit complicated. You see James is now in Lilly's body. So her body lives. Her body's life is powering her Soul which is Protecting Harry. James and Lilly can still communicate with each other and later on might even be able to find a way back to a more normal life together.

"Lilly" James is going to end up going to Jusenkyo before Ranma has his fight with Saffron. Living as a Woman after growing up a man isn't easy. At least Harry is no longer Breast feeding. Well not exactly to Jusenkyo, they have the Guide meet them with the water they need at the Joketsuzoku village. After getting the Drowned Man curse the Potters find they can consciously swap control. So Lilly gets to live again. Its not perfect but its better than a lingering death fighting Voldemort's Soul Shard still stuck in Harry.

Major changes, Harry never goes to live with the Dursleys, The attack on the Longbottoms goes differently because the Death Eaters are divided, still after Lilly Potter and need to end both Children to make their Master Safe from the Prophecy. The Potters and the Long Bottoms seek out Cologne to get training in Martial Arts but end up redirected to the Tendo Dojo since there is a treaty between the Joketsuzoku and the International Confederation of Wizards preventing her helping that way. (A non-interference pact going back to before Dumblrdore was born.)

Anyone know someone who could write this. As you might have noticed I didn't do any scenes or direct interaction. I have repetedly tried and failed at that but would love to see someone try to write this story.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Re: Half a Chance HP Alternate Universe Crossover

Postby Spica75 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:31 am

The Potters and the Long Bottoms seek out Cologne to get training in Martial Arts

Reason for this?

This is a setup for a crossover where Harry doesn't become an Orphan. Technically he still has both his Parents. How however is a bit complicated. You see James is now in Lilly's body. So her body lives. Her body's life is powering her Soul which is Protecting Harry. James and Lilly can still communicate with each other and later on might even be able to find a way back to a more normal life together.

"Lilly" James is going to end up going to Jusenkyo before Ranma has his fight with Saffron. Living as a Woman after growing up a man isn't easy. At least Harry is no longer Breast feeding. Well not exactly to Jusenkyo, they have the Guide meet them with the water they need at the Joketsuzoku village. After getting the Drowned Man curse the Potters find they can consciously swap control. So Lilly gets to live again. Its not perfect but its better than a lingering death fighting Voldemort's Soul Shard still stuck in Harry.

Interesting use of the settings. Would definitely be interesting to see where it would go.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:26 pm

The Potters and the Longbottoms are skilled in their own arts and I can see them wanting to continue to learn more if they have a way to do so. After all arts that can, if studied diligently enough, let two people have a mountain as collateral damage are things that they might feel a need to better understand. Its easier to understand something if you take the effort to learn it.

I know I didn't give much motivation for it but that's my clumsy way to get them into the Ranma scene as more than just observers.

Thanks for looking at this. I'd love to see it go somewhere too. Unfortunately I get so bogged down in situation ideas I never manage to pull off actual scenes of direct interaction.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:34 pm

Thanks for looking at this. I'd love to see it go somewhere too. Unfortunately I get so bogged down in situation ideas I never manage to pull off actual scenes of direct interaction.

It´s definitely not the easiest kind of story to write. I don´t know how i would try to even start.

I know I didn't give much motivation for it but that's my clumsy way to get them into the Ranma scene as more than just observers.

Do they need to be part of the Ranmaverse, ie, looking at the basic idea, i would probably put the focus on the HP-verse, as even if they have no interaction beyond "fixing" that misplaced gender, there´s more than enough to throw the HP story completely askew and you might run into problems with overpowered characters...

Another way to ask it might be if the characters would want it, while Lily would likely be somewhat open to the idea that something can be more useful than magic, would the others? And there´s also the issue with how much time and effort becoming a ki-adept entails.

Would they spend the next decade training like maniacs, for the uncertain chance of gaining the power shown by the extreme top list of martial artists?
I don´t think it´s impossible, but also not the most likely. The whole "train until you drop, every day for years and year" is going to be a severe turn off for magicals who tend to prefer leaning towards "lazy".

Just the effect of having the combination mom/dad raising HP could be enough for a whole story just by itself. Wanna bet HP ends up getting "drowned girl" water? Either by accident or because he wants to mimic his cool parents. And then gets annoyed when he remains a single person with two bodies. :mrgreen:

Arrival at Hogwarts, he´s going to take a splash in the lake, obviously... So, the big saviour of the wizards, gets his first "public" appearance as a she, much to the confusion of all but a few(because of course he gets to be very blatant girl in girl shape).
Does he end up in boys or girls dorm? :twisted:

And then, what effect does "just Lily" surviving, have on the wizard world at large? How many will find out even a little of what happened and who "she" is?

Heck, will they figure out how to get HP siblings? :P

With HP doubtlessly getting himself some springwater loving, what´s the odds that Neville gets into the "fun"? And it´s quite possible that because of Lily/James they might consider it FUN, literally. Simply not having enough interaction with the rest of the world for common norms to ever have a chance to become ingrained and make gender shifting feel strange or troublesome (especially without Ranma´s "man" troubles ).

What are the odds they make sure some horribly devious pranksters get their hands on "instant" springwater powder and come up with a way to have much/most of the school switch occasionally? Especially when others react a lot more to the "horror". :D

Ack, there´s just so many angles...
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:51 pm

I was thinking of most of those possibilities but I also wanted the Potters and the Longbottoms to become friends that Ranma and any NWC that can get beyond the engagements could turn to after the situation gets to its obvious conclusion of being impossible. Ranma doesn't have any Fiancée or Rival who can really continue their relationship or say they have a good one with him as the book was when it got through Saffron. This might change that but its not likely.

The bigger reason though is that it provides some known situations to work off of while trying to find the legs for this story to make the path through the decade between Voldemorts attack and Harry going to school. There isn't really any wizarding world history that covers that time outside of the celebrations over the Dark Lord's death.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:38 pm

The ideas on this came from reading many of the Fanfictions where Harry gets raised either by Ranma, Ryouga, or others outside of his main story. And mostly from https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1300157/1/ ... Assignment by Joe Fenton.

The world there didn't make any sense. It doesn't have to, its a one shot, just for fun, that goes nowhere, but the setup just felt too convenient. Two house heads sniping at each other so people from both their houses go? What about the other two houses? Why in the world would any of the Children go into a place where there is a situation, that one Ministry of Magic can't handle in house, is happening?

Also what is big enough in the Ranma scenario to catch international attention? After all most of the fights in Nerima don't even make the local news since Nerima just happens to be that kind of Crazy. That alone takes many of the events and keeps them from being noteworthy. But then again there are times they leave Nerima or join in competitions that are on camera(in theory) After all why bother with such visually spectacular obstacles if you aren't going to film people trying to get past them? And then you get some places where the insanity of the NWC will be documented and the question becomes why would someone outside the situation care?

Locally they wouldn't because they checked it out when the problems were just local in Nerima and know its not really their jurisdiction. They might have filed some complaints back to the Amazons but really they are trying to keep their focus on the ones who passed into their sphere of influence. So even then things that became noteworthy are there just won't exactly get local magicals out wands blazing.

So that leaves things that are unignorable like flying boats, islands, the collapse of mountains and other similarly large things to look at. Unfortunately Nihao My Concubine and Toma's Island from it can't really be used because even though its high profile its isolated and keeps private from the rest of the world. That leaves Nekonron and the two collapsed mountains to be sufficient for international attention.

The timing for Nekonron could happen earlier The movie came out in November 1991 I'm not able to find when the chapters were first published but the collections weren't too far along in the story at that time. It was also near the end of the original Anime presentation, but manga collection wise its between the scribble panda and Pantyhose Taro's first appearance.. At least based on the dates of the collections. So yeah when to place it is confusing. So I jumped it to after the first time a Mountain is destroyed so that can really grab international attention and get a situation initiated.

But back to the idea of Students being sent at all. It didn't sit right. That left me wondering which adults from the Magical world could get sent at all. And more importantly which would lead to Harry being involved with the NWC some day.

This idea is the end result of my thinking way too much. Still where for it to go, Who to write it, and how to keep it from just being left a dead idea. Not really sure. Hoping someone volunteers
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:30 pm

The ideas on this came from reading many of the Fanfictions where Harry gets raised either by Ranma, Ryouga, or others outside of his main story.

Have you found many of those?

Because i´ve only read a rare few. With:
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9268160/1/ ... er-s-Stone
probably being by far the best.

The bigger reason though is that it provides some known situations to work off of while trying to find the legs for this story to make the path through the decade between Voldemorts attack and Harry going to school. There isn't really any wizarding world history that covers that time outside of the celebrations over the Dark Lord's death.

Perfectly true, but there may not need to be all that much history in that "in between time". For example, the above story spends a few chapters on it establishing some extra connections(some a bit more unlikely/lucky than others), but there´s no desperate need for more than something like that.
And like i said, it´s a matter of where the story is to be focused, Ranmaverse or HP-story, with Rv being so focused on a long string of "oh my" events, personally i think it´s probably easier and/or better to focus on the HP side of things, but a mix should be doable as well as long as you don´t get too hung up on pouring out chapters in the Ranmaverse(which is a distinct risk based on common crossovers).

This idea is the end result of my thinking way too much. Still where for it to go, Who to write it, and how to keep it from just being left a dead idea. Not really sure. Hoping someone volunteers

It does have some potential for sure.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:52 pm

Spokavriel wrote:Also what is big enough in the Ranma scenario to catch international attention? After all most of the fights in Nerima don't even make the local news since Nerima just happens to be that kind of Crazy. That alone takes many of the events and keeps them from being noteworthy. But then again there are times they leave Nerima or join in competitions that are on camera(in theory) After all why bother with such visually spectacular obstacles if you aren't going to film people trying to get past them? And then you get some places where the insanity of the NWC will be documented and the question becomes why would someone outside the situation care?

The British Ministry of Magic is clueless. Why can't the Japanese Ministry be equally clueless? In which case they might not even know Nerima was that kind of crazy. In that case, a wizard of the clueless sort, ignorant of both Nerima and martial arts, walking down a Nerima street, could see things there as very very strange.

On the other hand, they probably know all about Azabu-Juuban. Which might cause them to say, upon learning of Nerima, "Oh, kami, another one! We'd better get on top of this!" not realizing this was a situation where non-Jusenkyo magic was inapplicable. And upon discovering that, they well might panic and call for outside help.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Spokavriel » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:01 pm

The Ranma Time Line may be "Oh My" events but at least it can be fun to change it by having others not fully involved. It is also an idea to hide the fact that James is in Lilly's Body. Snape isn't her only friend after all and until Jusenkyo's Magic I was thinking that it would be uncertain to James that Lilly actually survived her Soul Magic spell.

Basically the sex change curse would give James a form to identify with instead of just survive in. That change along with learning more about Ki and spirit energies in general are what I was thinking would lead to discovering the ways to communicate and even give back control to Lilly. But only after learning things not known in the English Wizarding World.

I can't imagine a Japanese Wizarding World ignorant of Nerima. Consider just how many places you can find working magical items there. Its more likely that Nerima was once like Diagon Ally but Martial Artists broke the warding on accident and to avoid it happening again they just tried their best to live with both being not invisible to eachother.

Places that want to avoid the Ki users and Muggles might have done individual warding again similar to Leaky Cauldron's Notice Me Not but there is just too much there that goes into the realm of magical it would break my plausible deniability.

I didn't really decide if Jubaan would be Lunarian or not... It is more on the south side of Tokyo unlike the fanfics that put it next door.

Another thing on Snape. This completely changes his situation from the one in the main stories. The reason he went double agent is because Voldemort killed Lilly. Well now he appears to not have. So Snape is likely to be a total Death Eater trying to get Lilly for his wife. That seems a pretty good reason to me to get James and Harry away from England.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby ckosacranoid » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:24 am

If we are tossing in jubun to the mix, what about those aliens in tonkei I think? The cast of lum....being all weird and such and still in the same time frame. Much less the effects the agents of MIB will do also with this mess.
http://otakuracing.blogspot.com/
my blog for busniess and other things i do.
ckosacranoid
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:37 pm

The scenario (minus Harry's parents) is thoroughly covered in Darth Drafter's The Girl Who Loved and Violence Inherent In The System. It's obviously not the same, but it demonstrates what can happen when a Jusenkyo-cursed Harry Potter is blended in with Nerima and Juuban.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:14 am

I have read both Darth Drafters stories. I like them allot. But what I am going for is not a cursed Harry. At least at the outset I am having the cursing take place away from the springs to avoid Harry getting a curse too early. Its James in Lilly's Body getting cursed and that isn't really the same thing.
ckosacranoid wrote:If we are tossing in jubun to the mix, what about those aliens in tonkei I think? The cast of lum....being all weird and such and still in the same time frame. Much less the effects the agents of MIB will do also with this mess.
Fairly certain you mean Tomobiki, I'm not opposed to someone having Cameos but if you get too many other series in then how many people will know them all and be able to take up the plot idea?

While taking into consideration this forum Ranma and Sailor Moon are a given. At least they use to be, Harry Potter is relatively shorter and less detailed if someone say only knows it from the movies. Or from others crossover stories. So tossing out LUM and MIB makes it into someone special needed to even handle it and I'd rather not ask for that kind of confusion before even figuring out an if and why for story arcs that will happen as Harry is growing Pre-Hogwarts in this changed situation.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:50 pm

I keep thinking of this. I feel it might be better to start with James having dreams of Lilly and believing it is just survivors guilt. And at first it would be. But not after they get to a place where the environment is clearly safer.

I'm also curious how different Neville would turn out growing up with NWC influences. Both families do need to escape the death eaters and Nerima seems like it would be a good place to hide if you are thinking of it as a place that doesn't hide its magic from muggles. But in my mind if it has the hidden world aspect it becomes no safer than crossing the channel to France.

I really do want to see the time between that Halloween and hogwarts timeframe explored because without working out the character development its hard to do more than drop a character in name only into Hogwarts and not really know how to run the show. Certain things from the first year are likely to still be similar but how involved everyone will be or if the attitudes about Voldy will even be similar enough for it to follow that are all in doubt. After all he failed to kill 2 victims not just one.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Return to Ideas, Outlines and Scenes