Homo Superior 12 - Ranma/Xmen [Rough Draft]

This is for posting Fiction and C&C replies ONLY. Note this does not have to be a "fukufic" or even fanfiction. All completed /ready-for0review longform creative writing allowed. No posting of individual scenes; that is what the Outlines and Scenes section is for.Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Homo Superior 12 - Ranma/Xmen [Rough Draft]

Postby Vahn » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:20 pm

Once again, rough draft, grammars would be taken care of once I hammer down the final version.

Homo Superior

Broken Future: Part Three

*** Sentinel Central Hub 001, 2121***

Myst floated with great purpose over the heart of the Sentinel facility. The once monolithic base now lies in complete and utter ruin. Smothering embers of light could still be seen in the distance here, while mini explosion still detonated in the distance.

The Battle was over, the Free People have won. She reminded herself to name this the Battle of Endor later on in the archive. However, the joy she felt was so indescribable that she did not even bother condensing herself into a humanoid form. She let herself go, spread her essence across a mile radius, no doubt surprising many of the soldiers still in the facility.

Here and here, she could see from multiple angles, the Gifted and Humans working together to cart out destroy or broken sentinels, throwing them into a pile. The stronger Gifted would carry those piles to a pit where multiple fire types would melt it down in a pre-dugged hole.

Of course that was not to say they didn't suffer losses. The lines of body of their dead, both Gifted and Humans were still being laid out. She could see some still crying over lost love ones while others were simply in a catatonic state. For a moment she felt bad but then harden her resolve. That was the reality they have lived with for decades now, if she let it affect her, she wouldn't have been able to continue.

She could only imagine how the High General felt, since he no doubt would hold himself directly responsible for their losses. But it was still a good trade off, they have won. Their world was theirs again.

Moving silky across the battle torn landscape, Myst entered the central hub where the massive form of the Supreme Sentinel, the Master of all Sentinels, could be seen. It's massive form, was unmoving, it's head was titled downward and it's body was slump as if it was a marionette with all of it's strings cut. Of course it could have also have something to do with the massive hole in it's chest along with various other damage spots all along it's body. Best of all the tech Gifted had completely erased the mind of the Sentinels AI in Cyberspace, never could it come back to haunt them again.

Standing in front of the husk of the Supreme Sentinel was a woman dressed in black militarist armor. The woman hair was long and straight, her posture room rod straight and proud. Her figure, even from behind, showed womanly curves that once would have been referred to as supermodel-ish. Her attention seem to be riveted on a view screen that surrounded the room, a computerize outline of the moon could be seen.

Myst moved close to the woman, condensing into a humanoid form to communicate, already she could see the woman titled her head to a side as if she already noticed the cloud mutant presence.

“General Myst,” the woman greeted in a strong tone, her eyes still revived to the display screen.

“Director Howlett,” Myst returned the greeting a second after fully solidifying and stood next to the mutant in charge of the X-Force, the High General own special black ops team. “Where's the High General?”

“Up there,” Director Laura Kinney-Howlett motion with her chin looking at the display.

“The moon?” Myst asked surprise. “That's not possible, the radiations in the sky alone...”

“Apparently not,” Laura turned to faced the cloudy mutant, already sensing her shock. “The Sentinels built a specialized unit that could travel through the clouds.”

Myst was taken aback, why would the Sentinel waste resource in trying to go out of space? Apparently the expression showed as her long time friend elaborated.

“According to our tech-heads, a year ago, the Sentinels detected a massive spike of power on the moon,” Laura began looking to her friend. “Imagine their surprise when they detected a mutant presence on the moon, Omega-class.”

“An Omega mutant on the moon?” Myst asked in amazement. The moon was where the Watcher Uatu once reside. During the early stages of the war, he had packed up his facility and left to never return. Abigail once said that she was sure the Watcher was still watching from somewhere just no one on Earth was welcome into his facility.

“I know, I thought it was absurd myself but R- the High General appear to believe it,” Laura corrected herself immediately. There was still soldiers already and decorum must be maintained. “He had our Techs modified one of the battle suit for zero-gravity and reprogrammed the Space Sentinel for our uses.”

“Is there any way to get in contact with him?” Myst asked, ignoring the discovery for now.

Laura turned to look at her friend fully, there was something in her tone that sounded urgent. “His last communique an hour ago said that he was leaving the moon with a special package. Is something wrong General?”

“We lost Fyro,” Myst admitted after a moment of silence. She could see Laura visibly paled, surprisingly since the woman never really spent any time with the winged girl. “But she is not dead.”

“What do you mean she's not dead? How did you lose her then?” Laura demanded. She knew that the High General really doted on the girl despite being extremely tough on the girl. Ever since Saffron was force into his rebirth cycle eight years ago, he had raise her exclusively.

“Well... there's no way to really say this, but...,” Myst began trying to find the correct words. “The Sentinel sent a unit back in time to kill Ranma, Fyro went after it.”

“... They had a fucking time machine?!” Laura shouted half in rage and glared at everyone in the room. Who was trying their best to be discreet. “How the hell did we not get wind of this?”

“No idea, but that's not the worse of it,” Myst continued on. “The machine was really only good for one try, I'm not sure if we could even fix it.”

“Rarrrgh!” Laura growled as she put her two adamantium claws out and slashed the panel near her. “So this could all be for nothing then?”

“Well...maybe... I mean remember Rachel, Bishop and Cable?” Myst ventured as she saw the woman retracted her claws calming down a bit.

“.... We still lost Fyro,” Laura said finally. “What are we going to tell him?”

“The High General is re-entering orbit now!” One of the tech in the base shouted to let the two fame commanding officer know.

The two women looked at each other before Laura step forward. “Signal our aerial defense and let them known, they might mistake him for a Sentinel. Where is he expected to land?” she ordered.

“Right outside of the citadel Sir, aerial defense has also confirmed order and have stand by,” the Tech replied quickly.

Myst disperse her form and moved from the base easily to the outside. Laura was already running out. The two made it outside just in time to catch a red streak punching through the thick irradiated clouds. Taking on a solid form again Myst watched as the red steak hammered down right outside into the facility.

“Come on,” Laura urged as she made her got on a motor vehicle. “We best tell him.”

Myst was kind of dreading the conversation that was about to take place. Keeping pace with Laura easily, they both made good time outside to see a figure in power armor extracting something from the Sentinels back. It appeared to be some gray cocoon of a sort, with a red ember on the inside. Not unlike a spiders sack or caterpillars.

The armored figured turned sensing the two presence as he began to take off the bindings on the cocoon.

“Myst, Laura,” the voice came out from the suit machine-like. It was then the armored being looked around the two before realizing what was missing.

“Where's Fyro?”

*** Present Day, New York***

Driving in a nice little Ford F-150 was three identical blonde girls, a winged girl with a winged boy on her lap, a pig tailed male and a grinning red head.

The three girls were busy chatting among themselves in the back seat. The two winged mutant was busy peering at the scenery from the windows, also in the back seat. The male was resting on his palm also looking out of his window at the passing scenery from the passenger side while the grinning redhead was at the wheel flipping off road ragers. After pissing off the last speeding douche bags she turned to her passenger even as they closed in on their destination.

“Aww come on, don't worry about getting kidnapped again Ranma,” Jean comforted looking at the pig-tailed boy who might have looked relaxed but a soft brush against his head told her he was tensed. “We're going shopping in the mutant district today, anyone that's human would stick out like a sore thumb.”

“I ain't afraid,” Ranma answered quickly, he was no coward. However he was worry about getting attacked again. They caught him off guard once, they will not again.

“Don't worry Ranma, we'll protect you,” Phoebe teased with a grinned as her two sister giggled. Ranma expression told her he didn't think it was too funny.

Before Ranma could retort, a loud gasp from Fyro caught his attention, her face was pressed up against the window peering out at something.

“Fyro?” Celeste asked sensing the girl shock and... reverent awe? Following the girl line of sight she saw what the future girl was looking at.

“The holy golden arches,” Fyro looking at the building outside of where her grandmother was parking. “The place where meals of happiness are made and an idol given for the faithful.”

Ranma looked outside to see what caught Fyro attention before his face took on a deadpan look. Thankfully the three Cuckoo sisters chimed in first before he could.

“A McDonalds?” Celeste asked in incredulity. The future girl feeling of awe was real.

It was then another gasp emitted from Fyro mouth and her eyes found another establishment. Only this time her tone were hostile and her wings began to unfurled taking up more space in the truck much to the triplet aggravation.

“It is just like General Myst described! The temple of the red freckled demon! She who lead others astray with her vile food!”

Jean was about to turned around, being a red head and having some freckles herself, took issue with Fyro remark. Following Fyro line of sight she saw the girl glaring at a Wendy's located not to far from the McDonalds.

Ranma however began to find Fyro knowledge of the past a bit funny and chuckled. “What next? Burger King is the Sovereign Bovine or something?”

Fyro turned to Ranma and smiled. “Oh do you know where his place of residence is? You said the Sovereign fled during the war.”

This time the women in the car turn to look at Ranma who began to feel nervous. “W-wha! I...”

It was Jean who turned to her granddaughter and smiled. “Fyro, I believe your 'grandfather' and General Myst might not have been as truthful about the past as I would have liked for them to be...”

Fyro blinked at her grandmother statement but gave one last withering glare to the temple of the red freckled demon before exiting the vehicle. The first thing she was assaulted by was the noise and the crowd of all the Gifted in the area.

“Let's go Fyro,” Jean prompted the girl by patting her on her shoulders. The girl was taking in the sight no doubt distracted by everything.

“There are so many.... Why are they out in the open without protection?” Fyro asked curiously. To her having so much Gifted in a hub was dangerous, and the humanoid ones weren't even wearing armor! Did they want to die?

“Fyro, things are different in our time,” Jean explained softly. She felt that she could readily accept Fyro more than Rachel was because she came from Saffron and not herself. That and there was no woman or child name Alaska in any of the searches in their databases. “We have thus far prevented any war, things are relatively peaceful.”

Fyro was still looking around the area with great interest half paying attention to her grandmother as she did so. Her father had felt at ease with her enough that he had slipped his hands into her own. She never could imagine her father was so cute as a child, a far cry from the stern soldier he was in the future who rarely display affection. Her grandfather on the other hand was the complete opposite of his future self. He appeared a lot more reserved toward her, something that made her heart stung a bit. On the battlefield he was stern but his words have always been soft when there was no battle.

Celeste and the other girls weren't stupid. They saw the way Fyro keep glancing at Ranma and how the pig tailed boy was purposefully avoiding the girl look. On one hand, they felt bad for the girl, on the other, it was Ranma who was afraid of anything that resembled affection.

“So Fyro, I bet you never been shopping before,” Irma perkily decided to break the ice.

“Of course I have! I have you know that my squad was able to acquire a bunch of energy crystals after our shopping trip to Grid 27,” Fyro proudly proclaimed.

“You guys have a market in the future?” Celeste look amazed by that fact. Grid 27 she could deduce was a name of a place that currently does not exist.

“Of course, how else will we ever get energy cells, replacement parts for our weapons if we don't go shopping?” Fyro nodded.

The Cuckoos felt that even though they appeared to be talking the same subject, it might have different meanings.

“Fyro, I think what you call shopping in the future is known as stealing in this day and age,” Jean explained after reading Fyro mind to actually get her definition of shopping.

“I know what stealing means! Stealing is when I take something that doesn't belong to me,” Fyro declared proudly.

“And your raids on the Sentinels bases doesn't count as stealing supplies?” Jean countered, a bit amused by the girl.

“Grandpa say it doesn't count as stealing if they are your enemies, it's shopping. General Myst agrees,” Fyro nodded as she continued to hold onto her father hand who was content with just looking around the new sights and sound. Truthfully she wanted to do it herself but she was a soldier, she would not be overwhelm.

Jean and the triplet turned to the pigtailed boy who had pretended he was not listening in on their conversation. However the insistent stare did not relent before he gave up.

“Well, I mean, if they are your enemies...” Ranma chuckled nervously but could only see Jean sighed in disappointment while the Cuckoo seem to be considering his words. Ms. Frost sort of taught them the same thing.

“Well, I am going to show you what proper shopping is all about,” Jean affirmed before she took them into a clothing department store.

The sale lady was a zebra stripe mutant with scaled skin.

“Greeting customers!” the Zebra stripe sales lady greeted her potential costumer warmly.

“You have anything for winged flyers?” Jean asked pointing to Fyro and Saffron.

“Of course, right this way,” the Sales lady agreed and move them over to another section of the store.

“Oh and something for shape shifters too,” Jean grinned looking at Ranma.

“Oh no! Nononono!” Ranma turned to run but found himself picked up off the ground by some B.S telekinesis ability.

“It's time,” Jean grinned and Ranma knew only hell.

+++ New York City University+++

Unit 7 walked over the dead bodies of the humans security officer that barred it's way and stood down in front of a computer. Transforming it's hand into a little usb socket it linked up with the school server and began it's plan of attack.

UPDLOADING CASCADE VIRUS...

+++ Four Hours Later +++

Ranma in her girl form was sitting on a bench outside, her arms was stretched out and her legs splay open in a very unladylike fashion.

“Ranma! Have you no modesty?” Jean asked seeing the way the pig tail girl was sitting. The new clothes that she got was a red shirt cut off at the arms with horizontal striped, black cargo pants and half boots. As if in reply, Ranma adjusted her belt slightly before continuing to take a breather.

Unlike Ranma however, Fyro had taken to shopping like a duck to water. However her outfit of choice was incredibly risque. In fact the one she had one now was just a one piece sundress that was opened in the back for her wings. The length of the skirt was only half way up her thighs. It covered enough of her to be modest but her figure and the way she moved made it almost indecent.

The Cuckoo for some reason had chosen to choose an outfit that many men would consider their ultimate fantasy. Black short vest half vest that only covers the stomach area, over a white almost see through white blouse, with lose zebra ties around their necks, completed by the skirt that only covered mid way up their thighs, Finally finished by black ankle high socks. The very definition of naughty catholic high school girls.

Jean herself chose something conservative that help highlighted her figure, a yellow and black stripe shirt, and form fitting white silk pants.

Luckily for Jean she parked the truck close by and was about to easily load the clothes inside. She couldn't help feel that Ranma reluctance in shopping was the fact that he felt he didn't have money. While that was true, he did have a scholarship and there was the reward money S.H.I.E.L.D sent to his parents because he wasn't a legal adult for the destruction of the Sentinel factory. They should have sent him something by now.

Of course what he did in his time at the institute alone warrant a nice reward and she was pretty well off all things considering. All in all, Ranma was too modest even Akane did not put up this much of a fight when she was taken shopping. Smirking, she could tell Ranma was getting surlier by the minute, well there was a nice little trick to diffuse that.

“So, how about we get some lunch?”

Ranma eyes shot opened and stood up and found that her reaction was mirror by her supposed granddaughter from the future.

“Can we go to a buffet?” Ranma asked looking around for any such establishment. It really was a shame that Myst would not be here but she could only hold her form in a limit range and spending so much time out and shopping might taxed her ability to keep a cohesive form.

“Don't worry, we can order as much as you need, we're in M-Town, trust me, they know the appetite of some mutant are beyond that of ordinary people,” Jean explained and saw the relieved look in Ranma face. The boy turn girl might have been rough around the edges but he have been trying to be polite.

Ranma gratefully nodded to the fellow redhead before looking around for a bath room. “Be right back.”

“Fyro!”

Ranma turned around to see her winged granddaughter from the future following. “Errr... where do you think you're going?”

“With you of course? How else will I protect you?” Fyro asked as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

“But I am going to the boys bathroom,” Ranma pointed to the sign that clearly said boy.

“So?” Fyro asked looking unwavering in her resolved. “I need to come with you to ensure you'd live.”

“.... Did you just do a reverse terminator line?” Ranma looked at the pretty girl who looked a bit embarrassed.

“... maybe...”

“Fyro, stay here, I can keep tabs on your grandfather in here,” Jean reassured the girl by tapping on the side of her temple. “If he feels the slightest bit in danger, We'll go in after him.”

“Right...,” Ranma looked at Jean weirdly before walking into the boys bathroom. There appeared to be two mutants inside, one a guy who had three eyes with a mohawk hairdo.

“Hey babe, I think you got lost or something because-” the mohawked mutant began before seeing the hot redhead splash herself with water and grew into a very obviously male mutant. “Ugh! God damn traps!”

Ranma smirked at the boys disappointed tone and looked at his knew clothes, who had stretch out to accommodate him. Amazingly enough the fabric didn't even seem to be straining and felt snugged though it did hug his body a bit to closely, it works. The pants itself went from snugged to lose as it extended with his growth. Ingenious. Stomping his feet he noticed the half boots felt nice and light like his kung fu sandals.

“Not bad,” Ranma had to admit as he walked out to the join the rest the girls.

“Wow!” Fyro grinned seeing her grandfather exited and look like a new man. Quickly she jumped over to him and intertwine her arms with his and ignored his uncomfortable look.

The triplets seem to be giving the boy an appraising glance at the way the shirt hugged his body. They knew he was built and he certainly wasn't rip in the way Cyclops or Wolverine was but there was something about the way he moved, his aura of confidence that they found pretty attractive.

Jean smirked at the girls. “See something you like girls?”

“What?” Celeste reacted first blinking her eyes to refocus. “No!”

“Oh? It looks bad on me?” Ranma asked honestly looking down at his new outfit. He thought it was decent.

“Huh?” Celeste wondered before she realized what she might have inadvertently implied. “What, no, you look fine.”

“Oh he looks fine huh?” Jean teased gleefully knowing that Ranma would not even get the by play.

“I mean it looks fine on him!” Celeste tried to elaborate to an even more confused Ranma. “Not that he looks fine.”

“So Ranma is not good looking?” Jean asked seriously but her eyes was lit up with suppressed laughter.

“No! I mean he is, I- mff!” Celeste was trying to explain but both of her sister had reached up and covered her mouth to spare her any further humiliation.

“What Celeste meant to say is that you look really nice in that outfit Ranma,” Phoebe concisely commented.

“Well thanks!” Ranma cheerfully replied. He didn't want to be called ugly. He had his pride. He then look at the three girls. “Those clothes suit you really well, might have to watch out for the boys when you get back.”

Ignoring the three girls stunned look, not because they were told they look hot. That was a given. It's because Ranma actually said it that was surprising. The boy usually avoid giving out such compliments.

Ranma then turned to Fyro, who grip on him had gotten tighter when he complimented the Cuckoo's and nod to his 'granddaughter'. “And you look cute in that dress too of course.”

Jean by this point had to turn away to keep from laughing as Fyro snuggled against Ranma chest and noted the look of jealousy across Celeste face. Ah teen drama, how fondly she remembered it. It made fools of everyone. Too bad as it stand Ranma really is incapable of thinking anything more than friendship right now. Akane conditioning was simply too deeply ingrained in his psyche.

“So, about that food?” Ranma asked, his priority shifting to the forefront.

“Let's go there, You ever had a New York Pizza before?” Jean smirked as she brought them to M-Town most famous Pizza shop.

“What's the difference?” Ranma asked. Pizza was pizza as far as he was concern.

Jean raised an eyebrow as she enter the shop, the shop guy was a regular heavy set Italian looking man. “Oh, I will have to show you then, Bernado, we got a first timer here who thinks a pizza is just a pizza.”

“Oh no that will not do Ms. Grey!” Bernado said in shock before a gleamed appeared in his eyes. “I will have to show him New York finest won't I?”

“You do that, also, I need to order fifty more New Yorker specials for the school along with anything we might order here,” Jean replied making the man extremely happy.

“What's a Pizza?” Fyro asked looking at the weird food curiously.

“Egah!” Bernado exclaimed in shock even more than half the patron looked shocked at the pretty winged girl declaration. “You never had a Pizza before?!”

Fyro shook her head cutely. “Is it any good?”

“Is- Is, is it any good?!” The fat man asked in shocked.

“She's... from out of town,” Jean diplomatically told the shocked Chef.

“Missy, We will give her the finest pizza New York have ever served!” the fat Chef promised as he personally went to make Fyro pizza.

“Wow, Looks like you are getting the royal treatment,” Jean smiled at the winged mutant who were sniffing at the pizza on display. After paying for the food, all of it. They took their seat near a window and watch the passerby.

“They look so peaceful,” Fyro commented as she continued to look as people walk up and down the street. “And they are all gifted?”

“Mostly,” Jean confirmed. “There are some that are just regular folks that grew up in this neighborhood and haven't moved. An example that mutants and humans could live in peace.”

“Hmm, I don't think we have that problem in the future,” Fyro commented before she realized what she just said and blush. “I mean... you know after everything.”

“Must be weird to you huh?” Ranma asked having realize what the girl was trying to say.

“Yes...” Fyro admitted answer her grandfather. She made sure to sit next to him and took the window seat so he wouldn't be an easy target. “Where I come from, even though I know the history somewhat about us being enemies, every humans have treated the Gifted with respect. There is none of these hatred that I heard about.”

“I'm just sorry it took near extermination for them to realize it,” Jean spoke softly. A somber yet hopeful thought about Fyro future. She wish Fyro had more information on what went wrong but the girl did not know. If they do not find the cause for the war then their timeline won't become divergent, luckily Hank and Forge were working on possible scenarios by extrapolating the knowledge that Fyro gave them.

“It's all thanks to Grandpa here,” Fyro declared proudly before wrapping her arms around Ranma and snuggled up to him. There was quiet conversation before Bernado came with a large metal tray in his hand.

“And here we are, New York Finest pizza made with only the best ingredients,” The chef proudly declared as he place the large metal plate on the table. The smell wafting upward was tantalizing as the item in question was chock full of pepperonis of all kinds, mushrooms, tomatoes, olives, gratuitous amount of cheese, onions and that was just what was visible.

Everyone at the table looked at Fyro expectantly as the girl picked up a large slice, sniffed it before chewing down on it. The chef look on confidently as the girl slowly chew the first small piece before her eyes widen and let out a moan that did not belong in a pizza join.

“We did it!” Bernado shouted as his helpers and most of the restaurant patrons cheered as the girl began to devour the slice in her hand.

“Thank you,” Jean thanked the chef before looking over at the girl who continued to eat. “Slow down Fyro, there is more where that came from.”

Ranma who had picked up a slice ate it with as much gusto as Fyro enjoying the exquisite taste of the food. “This is good!” he exclaimed after destroying three slices.

The Cuckoo's took a modest slice each even as Jean did the same. They watched between the two and couldn't help but be jealous that Fyro figure was still in top shape despite the many slice she had consumed.

Eventually the group finished their meal and Jean easily lifted the fifty Pizza boxes out the door via telekinesis. Something click in Ranma head, sure he might not have enjoyed the shopping but Jean never really pressure him into anything regarding his choices. Deciding to be helpful he turned to the red head. “You know, I can hold all those pizza for you or whatever... no big deal.”

“Are you offering to help Ranma?” Jean asked with a raised eyebrow. It looks like her pseudo-lesson was working. Ranma needs lots of positive reinforcement to undo the negative ones.

“Uh... yeah,” Ranma agreed shuffling his feet nervously. “I mean, if you want...”

“Why of course, It is always nice to receive help,” Jean positively reaffirmed with a smile before handing Ranma half of the pizza box. They weighed nothing to her but Ranma didn't need to know that.

“Sure thing! Anytime you need something just let me know,” Ranma confidently agreed.

“Us too?” Celeste smirked chiming in already seeing how Ms. Grey was playing Ranma.

Ranma turned to look at the Stepford triplets and set his jaw before nodding. “...Sure. You girls aren't bad really.”

The triplets had to blink at that, Ranma never really offer help and have to be coerce into everything unless it benefited him. They had accepted that little quirk. So to hear him agree to help on a whim was surprising. Turning to Ms. Grey they saw the woman gave them a knowing wink.

After loading everything into the truck, with the Pizza going in the bed behind. Everyone was settle in.

“Alright then, time to go home, no doubt the boys are hungry,” Jean commented playfully as Wolverine and Hank would no doubt be fighting over the pizza. Putting the key in the ignition, she turned it and heard a loud boom accompanying the roaring of the engine.

For a moment, Jean thought the truck had been rigged by explosive but the running on the street let her know differently. Rolling down the window, she looked outside and heard several more explosion close to M-Town.

“What's going on?” Jean asked trying to find any coherent thought as the city of New York look as if they were under attack. Taking out her iPhone she tried to get in contact with anyone but received found that the service was unavailable.

Turning on her satellite radio, she heard only a low humming sound no matter which station she tune in to. To her horror, in the distance, several buildings collapsed. Switching to regular, AM, she was finally able to hear the emergency broadcast.

“...some kind of virus that is wrecking havoc with all the city electronics. Oh my god! The Helicarrier is falling even as we- wait, I see some of the Avengers there, Thor and others flying heroes trying to stop it. I tell you folks I have never seen anything like it and... this just in, there are reports of random attacks all over the city by some type of flying robots.”

Fyro looked up in alarm through the window and exited the vehicle. She flew straight up into the sky and returned a few moments later with a harden look on her face.

“Fyro?” Jean asked looking at the girl who appeared angry.

“It's a common tactics the Sentinel in our time used. Viral bomb and attack when communication are down. Our firewall always manages to recover but not before they dealt a significant blow against our forces...”

“You think it's that thing again?” Ranma asked not really understanding all these networking talk but knew she was talking about the war in her time.

“I am sure of it, but that is what worries me,” Fyro continued looking around. “They should be attacking us in force. But they are not, which tells me they didn't know Grandpa was here.”

“The Institute!” Jean cried out in alarm. Closing her eyes to focus, she reached out to the professor.

'Professor!'

'Jean?!' Professor Xavier responded in surprised before he thought forcefully to her. 'Do not bring Mr. Saotome back to the Institute! Take some someplace else, the Omega Sentinel overwhelm our defense with Prime Sentinels.'

'Prime Sentinels?! How? Are the others okay? What's going on?'

'We have some injuries but we have requested aide from S.H.I.E.L.D.S and the Avengers, sit tight! Do not come back here!'

The connection was abruptly cut off making Jean all the more fearful for her headmaster.

“What's going on Jean?” Ranma asked seeing Jean face paled.

“The Institute is under attack by Prime Sentinels, the Omega is looking for you,” Jean whispered softly and heard the Cuckoo gasped in surprised. The most dangerous thing about a Prime Sentinel was that if they get close enough to you, they can temporarily suppress your mutation power.

“Myst, Evan!” Ranma realized in alarm.

Jean heard the tone in Ranma voice and glance at him from the corner of his eyes. “You can't go, you have to stay here, I'll go,” Jean declared in an authoritative voice. It was then she realized that the professor was waiting for help that was never coming from S.H.I.E.L.D.S nor the Avengers with New York seemingly under attack.

“Yeah good luck with that,” Ranma scoffed looking at his mentor. “I ain't staying here while someone else fight for me.”

It was then Jean emerald green eyes met Ranma dark ocean blue ones and they realized that any other words spoken to reason with the other would amount to nothing. Ranma hand shot out even as Jean telepathically tunnel into Ranma mind to shut him down. Unfortunately for Jean, Ranma had been learning how to create mental defenses from Jean and while it was flimsy, the time it took for her to tear through it was all the time Ranma needed to hit Jean pressure point on her neck, knocking her out.

“Ranma!” Celeste shouted at the clear assault on a professor of the Institute. “What the hell did you do that for?!”

Ranma was nursing his head from Jean violent attack but cleared it up. There was so many things he need to prioritize in his training it wasn't even funny.

“Celeste, talk lower, seriously.”

“Why did you attack Ms. Grey?” Phoebe demanded looking at the pig-tailed boy.

“She was going to stop me from getting to the school, They're after me remember,” Ranma reminded the Cuckoo's who eyes widen in realization.

“Y-You can't go, if you go that mean giving the Sentinel what it wants,” Irma reasoned and saw Ranma nodded agreeing with her.

“I don't have a choice, Myst and Evan is still at the School, and everyone else is fighting on my behalf, I am NOT going to just sit here and hide like a coward,” Ranma gritted his teeth as he open the truck and looked at the Cuckoo's. “Stay here with Jean until she wakes up.”

Fyro exited the car with Ranma and looked at him. “You know I could stop you from going right?”

“But you won't,” Ranma said looking at Fryo. “If you were taught by me in the future, than you would know that I am not the type to run away from this, no matter how much I change, even if I am some big shot leader, I won't let others fight my battles for me.”

Ocean blue eyes met jade green eyes as the two family member stared at each other, gauging the other resolved. It was Fyro who smiled first. “And this is why I love you, your stubborn nobility.”

Ranma narrowed his eyes making sure it wasn't another trick from his 'granddaughter' to catch him off guard. “You're going to let me go do what I need to do then? Not gonna try to stop me?”

“Absolutely, I'll even go with you,” Fyro declared with a smile before frowning. “Really wish I had brought the two staff back with me.”

“Alright then, let's go!” Ranma announced as he jumped to a roof top before jumping back down moments later. Turning to the Cuckoo's he look at the triplets who still seem to eye him worriedly. “You wouldn't happen to know the general direction of the Institute would you?”

Despite the gravity of the situation, the Stepford Cuckoo's facepalmed.

+++Xavier School for Higher Learning+++

“Eradicate Mutants!”

“Yeah, yeah, Eradicate Sentinels is more like it!” Evan shouted as he fired a few of his sharp bones at the sentinels. To his ire, the attack merely graze the body of the damn thing.

“Left.” Myst head formed before turning into cloud and floating quickly away.

Turning left Evan avoid yet another narrow beam and saw Gambit and Bishop fighting off a few Prime Sentinels.

“Mr. Bishop! Mr. LeBeau!” Evan shouted in relief. The two adult turned around and saw the Prime sentinel pursuing their student.

“I got dis mon ami, take care of tincan here!” Gambit shouted as he charged several cards and toss it at the Sentinels pursuing the students.

“Thanks you sir!” Evan praised as he saw the Prime Sentinel was slightly damage.

“Get out of here Evan!” Bishop shouted before he absorb yet another blast from the Sentinels and returned fire.

“I can't sir! There no place to run!” Evan argued as he began to shoot spire while Myst still stay as a small cloud unable to do anything. “None of the emergency elevators are working and I can't contact anyone underneath the labs.”

Bishop and Gambit look at each other grimly. Bishop had an idea of what happen. Their network has been compromised.

“Stay close to us then Evan, Myst,” Bishop ordered as he began firing at the encircling Prime Sentinels.

Just then a power beam of energy struck the Prime's as wind lashed out against them pushing them further away.

“Hellion, Wind Dancer!” Evan shouted in relief seeing some of the Elites up and about. A feral roar later saw X-23 jumped on top of a machine and ripped it to shred. The previously outnumbered mutant now had much better odds.

“Where's the other Elites?” Bishop asked the leaders of their group. Aiming the gun he fired a blast that took down another Sentinels but there was still so many more. He thought S.H.I.E.L.D.S had rounded them all up. Evidently he was wrong.

“Working with the other students to try and protect them,” Hellion explain as he fired more of his powerful Telekinetic shots at the Sentinels. “Ms. Moonstar is learning them.”

Bishop nodded, with Dani Moonstar leading, they stand a much better chance. “They seem to be swarming all over.”

“Yeah most of the buildings are being turned into Swiss cheese,” Sofia, Aka Wind Dancer shouted as she fired thin wind attacks, at the Sentinels. It damage the sentinels some but it wasn't as powerful as the one Ranma could make. Which she have seen cut through thick concrete steel. She been trying to create attacks like his. Although she did find it amusing that he envied her ability to fly.

Hellion nodded as he fired yet another telekinetic attack at a Prime Sentinel that sent it fly away. “Well, we have to -ARRGHH!”

“Hellion!” Sofia cried out, she noticed that more Prime Sentinels had began to swarm and fired at the group via long range. Hellion took several direct hits to his body knocking him unconscious. Extending her hand, she wrapped her some bands of winds and carried him to cover with the group.

“Come on you tin can shits! Bring it!” Laura Kinney shouted as she leap on top one on Sentinel after another. Each time she landed on one, she stabbed it in the neck area and rip upward.

Some of the smaller Sentinels that look female flew directly into Laura and pinned her to the ground. Their chest emitted a frequency that took Laura by surprised but she manage to cut of it's head too.

“What the hell was that,” Laura growled as she ran to the group after retracting her claws.

“Laura! Your hand!” Evan shouted as he pointed to the Elite hand. The girl look down at her hand and saw that blood pouring fourth from four holes in her hands where her claws retracted from.

“My healing factor...” Laura whispered in a stunned tone of voice. Her wounds wasn't closing and she was still feeling the pain from it.

“Bandage.” Myst uttered in a helpless tone of voice looking at Evan.

Evan seeing the look nodded as he took of his shirt and tore it in two. “Want me to help you put it on?”

Laura looked at her wounds before nodding. She might have to fight like this, her flesh wasn't closing in on itself. She'll was starting to feel the blood lost more keenly than before.

Evan tied the shirt around the girl's hand but kept great care to steer away from the wounds just in case the claws does pop out and cut him.

“Dis be bad mon ami,” Gambit growled as more Sentinels seem to be flying in range of them. Opening his second deck of cards he charged it up and continuously toss it at the enemy. “You take da kids and go,I'll stay behind.”

“Not on your life LeBeau,” Bishop growled as he fired more shot as the Sentinels. It was then two flyers came and hammer it into the attackers. It was Cannonball and Sunspot.

“Go! We'll cover you,” Sunspot hovered for a bit before exchanging fire with the Primes. The clouds began to darken over head with forks of lighting hammering at things in the distance. “That's Storm. Go on, you got more wounded and kids.”

“Thank you,” Bishop saluted before taking the kids deeper into the forest. He looked over at X-23 and saw her closing her eyes, her face have gotten paler. “The effect of their weapon usually only last a few hours. It neutralized our X-Gene ability.”

“G-great,” Laura gritted her teeth. “Now you tell me.”

“I can cauterize your wound if you like,” Bishop offered holding up his glowing hand.

“Do it,” Laura agreed and took off the bandage. She picked up a broken branch off the ground she put it in her mouth and held out her hand.

“Careful, Mon Ami, da pain might force her claws out,” Gambit warned being somewhat familiar with Wolverine.

That pulled Bishop and Laura up short.

“Forget it,” Laura dismissed leaning against a tree trunk. “I can't guarantee my claws won't pop out if I am in too much pain.”

Bishop wanted to try and take the risk but did not want to lose his hands over it.

Evan took the remaining clean part of his shirt and bandage the still bleeding girl hand. Looking over to Hellion he saw three burnt holes in the Elite chest but he appeared to still be breathing.

Suddenly their clearing gave away as both Sunspot and Cannonball fell with a thud to the ground. Their ragged breathing the only signs that they were still alive. Looking up above they noticed a silver looking Sentinels standing out from the rest.

“Bishop: Energy Absorption Mutation. Threat Assessment: 2.3 Percent.” the Omega Sentinel announced looking at the mutants before him. “Remy LeBeau: Kinetic Charge Mutation. Threat Assessment: 1.9 percent.”

“Ey, I got more were dis came from!” Gambit shouted as he charged up his card looking at the Silver Sentinel.

“Sofia Mantega: Air Manipulation. Threat Assessment: 0.9 Percent, Julian Keller: Telekinetic. Threat Assessment: 7.2 percent, Evan Daniels: Bone Growth Mutation. Threat Assessment: None. Misty Varro: Molecular Manipulation of H20. Threat Assessment: 74.9 Percent- addendum, Current Status: None.”

Everyone looked over to Myst who seem a bit shocked at her own assessment as the Omega Sentinel looked them over.

“Laura Kinney Howlett: Healing Factor, Threat Assessment: None.”

Laura growled at being dismissed like she did until she realize the Sentinel used a name she does not recall ever using. “Howlett?”

“Proceeding with Inquiry: Where is Ranma Saotome?” the Omega Sentinel demanded as it level it impressive guns at the group.

The group remained silent glaring at the machine above them.

“Offering Incentive: Give the location of Ranma Saotome and you will be unharmed.”The Omega Sentinel negotiated.

Many of the group did not really know who Ranma Saotome was, not personally but still they wouldn't give out one of their own. They were X-Men after all.

“I think I speak for all of us when I say you can go FUCK YOURSELF!” Laura spat out, standing tall to face her executioner.

“Negotiation Failed: Proceeding with Elimination.” The Silver metal Sentinel announced as it's canon whirled from a charge up.

“Not on my watch BUB!” Wolverine shouted as he smashed into the Omega Sentinel and start to slashed as it with his claws. To his frustration, his sharpen blade did little against the Sentinel adamantium body.

“The Goddess will fell you this day vile creature!” Storm shouted as she she called down lighting to strike at the Sentinel.

“Excess External Energy Siphon: Charging up Pulse Canon, Returning Fire,” the Omega Sentinel declared as it level it's gun and fired at Storm striking her full on and smashing her into one of their ruin building.

“Oro!” Wolverine growled as Emma Frost and Cyclops enter the clearing.

Cyclops upon seeing the students and Laura barked out orders. “Get them out of here Remy!”

“Aye capitane!” Gambit shouted as he picked up Laura in a bridal carry and made to flee only to find more Prime Sentinels covering their escape route. “We in deep dodo!”

Cyclops immediately set to work firing his optic blast at the Sentinels while Emma turned into her diamond form and hammer away, along with Wolverine and Bishop, at the Sentinels.

Unfortunately, numbers were not on the mutant said as several well place shot hammer into the leader of the X-Men took Emma Frost attention away.

“Neutralizing Mutant Healing Factor,” one of the Prime Sentinel spoke up as it got close to Wolverine and suppressed the X-Man abilities. A blast from his hands later and the claw mutant found himself knocked out on the ground with open bleeding wounds.

“Nooo!” Laura shouted at seeing Wolverine state, struggling free from Gambit arm, she made her way to her progenitor.

The prime Sentinel looking down at the mutant raised their arms as one. “Acquiring new Tar-”

Whatever else the Sentinels wanted to say, they were unable to as several fireball detonated into the Primes knock some away while damaging others. The rest of the Primes however was cut in half by something invisible as red fluid burst out and rained down on the mutants.

The Omega Sentinel sensor picked up the other time interloper. “Fyro Grey-Saotome: Fire Mutation Threat Assessment: 35.5 Percent.”

No sooner has the assessment left it's mouth then another figure smashed both of his feet into the Sentinel face and sent it flying away a bit.

“Target: Ranma Saotome, Found. Eliminating.”

“Yeah yeah,” Ranma shouted as he jumped into the fray against the Omega Sentinel and hammer it with his fist and much to his irritation found that he couldn't make a dent in it. The Sentinels undaunted by the attack lifted the rifles in it's left land and pulse canon in it's right, and began firing.

Fyro spared only a glance for the other mutants to make sure they were still alive before she dive bomb
into the Omega. “Bakusai Tenketsu!”

Hearing the attack, Ranma immediately closed in on the Sentinel and hammer away at it as his 'granddaughter' from the futures used the Volcanic Injection technique on it. True to form, he saw hair line fractures showed up on the robot body. Quickly using his Amiguriken, he continuously strike at that area before the lava cooled. Smiling at the victory he engage the robot again catching it off guard. To his surprise, the robot strength was very powerful. Every single blow he block was tough on him.

Fyro continue to fight the Omega Sentinel with her Grandfather. The plan they came up with was simple. She would have to keep on doing the Bakusai Tenketsu and he would continue to widen the cracks with the force of his punches. It would be slow going but something made of adamantium could only be destroyed by extreme heat.

Unit 7 was calculating it's chances with the combination of Fyro and it's target fighting it. It was not concern about the punches by the weaker version of it's nemesis. What was a problem would be the mutant girl ability to use the Breaking Point technique on it. It was not on the same level as the High General but given enough time, they might be able to break through the first layer of it's armor.

It needed to neutralized Fyro.

Sending out the signal, it ordered the Prime Sentinel to attack the winged mutant near it. The Prime Sentinel only flaw in this time line was it's base code still had the failsafe to not attack humans. They would not attack it's own target. No matter, it would deal with Ranma Saotome itself.

“Neutralizing Mutant.” Several Prime Sentinel rocket into Fyro and held her against the ground.

Fyro shoved the Sentinel off of her and blinked. She didn't feel any different and flapping her wings she found she could still fly. Charging back into the fight she unleashed another Bakusai Tenketsu.

Ranma was ready to hammer the next spot of the crack only to see that there was none. The surprise look on Fyro face mirror his own was the Omega Sentinel fired both of it's weapons at the two sending them smashing through several dozen walls.

Fyro was about to get up we indescribable pain tore at her back.

Unit 7 had chosen to pursue the winged one first and upon reaching the still recovering mutant, grabbed both of her wings and snapped it forward. Then to add future it twisted it a bit more at the joint elicited another cry of pain from her. Cocking it metal fist back it punched repeatedly at her back and saw that it had broken several of the girl back ribs.

“Get off of her!”

A powerful kit blast made of red rage fired into the Sentinel bit it remain unfazed by the attack. What did happen however was that it turned it's head to it's attacker and unceremoniously release it's grip.

Fyro eyes was clouded by tears of pain, in all her life she had never felt anything so painful, not even when battling her Grandfather. The gift she received from her father had always ensure quick regeneration yet, here she lay broken and battered. She tried to feel for the hot ki in her system but found that there was none. Only an unfamiliar energy remain, energy she did not know how to utilized.

“H-How?” She muttered softly feeling completely useless. Where had how power gone.

Ranma dodge a few strikes from the machine and retaliated in kind, yet no matter how hard he punch, how many stone breaking punched he landed. It did nothing to the Omega Unit who kept coming at him relentlessly. Firing another powerful Moko Takabisha again into the machine he found that it did little against the adamantium skin.

Ducking yet under another blow, Ranma tried to aim his punch at a connecting joint on it's body. But the punch like many other exposed no weakness. Suddenly the machine sped up and formed the cannon from it's hand into a fist. It then punched at Ranma with over 25 ton of force behind it. Ranma eye widen as it punches became harder then that of Ryoga. Everywhere he looked he saw flying Sentinels all around. He could run, he knew he should run but if he did, then the Sentinels would decent on Fyro again.

The machine silently stalk toward him it's metal hand now retracted and formed into a single solid stabbing weapon. Deceptively fast it stabbed forward with Ranma narrowly avoiding it. Not deterred it continued again, it's hand almost blurring as it did so.

Ranma found himself dancing away from the strike much like he did against Kuno strikes the first time. The tough part of this was the machine did not move naturally, it move in the most improbable efficient means. Back flipping away he level his hand and fired a Hiryu Shoten Ha Horizontal Blast at it. To his chagrin it continue to move through the wind funnel undeterred.

Unit 7 won't say it felt frustrated, that was his creator emotion. It was however quite annoyed that at it's top speed, it could not land a killing blow on the younger Ranma Saotome. The younger one self preservation instinct was strong. It needed a way to around that, calculating the information, it turned back to the winged mutant. If it could smile, it would.

Ranma was surprise when the machine pull up suddenly to an abrupt stop. Then if he didn't know better, the machine appeared to turn it's head deliberately toward Fyro. Without warning it rushed in at it's top speed toward his 'granddaughter' from the future. It's stabbing weapon raised high. He knew it was a trick to get to him, it was blatant and obvious yet his body had already moved to intercept before he knew it.

'I guess granddaughter or not, I'm just a fool for family.' Ranma thought ruefully as just before the machine could stab Fyro he was able to use his charging momentum to knock it off course and into the forest.

“G-gr-grandpa?” Fyro who had seen the robot moved toward her tried to crawl away and stop being a liability for her grandfather on the battlefield. She was happy that he came to her rescue having knocked it away but saw that her grandfather suddenly clutch at his side. Her eyes immediately move to the area and saw that blood was leaking profusely from his side.

Ranma dropped to his knees in front of his 'granddaughter', tears were being shed from her pretty jade color eyes. He knew he shouldn't have done it yet, he found he didn't mind giving his life for a girl who might have been Saffron's daughter in another lifetime. Taking his fingers he brushed her tears to try and soothe her. “Shh... don't cry.”

“G-grandpa!” Fyro body convulsed as she sobs. “Y-your hurt...bad...”

The Omega Sentinel, to Ranma surprise, deliberately walked out slowly from the forest. In it's right hand was the stabbing weapon it had intended for Fyro. In it's left however was a large sickle blade dripping with fresh red blood.

The moment he had crashed into the machine to knock it off course from Fyro was the moment the machine plunged that scythe like weapon into his body and ripped through his internal organs. He found himself finding it a bit hard to breath if he was honest.

Unable to move and unwilling to leave Fyro alone, Ranma knelt there glaring at the machine who was looking at him. If he didn't know better it appeared to be gloating.

“Target: Ranma Saotome. Eliminating,” The Omega Sentinel declared as it raised it hand even as Ranma charged a final ki attack and fired at it. Much to his surprise this time it send the machine flying far away. Further than he would have thought possible in his current state.

“RANMA!” a Trio of voice shouted

Turning his head around he did not see anyone but then his ki sense told him to look up and there was Ms. Grey hovering down with the Cuckoo's sisters.

'Ah, so it must have been her telekinetic attack too,' Ranma thought ruefully to himself. Even as he was bleeding out, that thought irked him.

“Ranma!” Jean immediately rushed to Ranma side while looking at horrified at the gash in his side.

“Oh my god!” Celeste exclaimed even as next to her Phoebe cupped her hand to her mouth in shock. There was so much blood on the grass!

“Ch-check on F-Fyro,” Ranma uttered out shivering a bit. He than looked down at his legs and saw that his blood had completely soaked his pants. “So-sorry about dirtying your new pants.”

“Don't you dare talk like that,” Jean glared at the boy. She wanted to cry, she really did, but she forced herself not to. Her doctor training kicked in and she tried to assets the pigtailed boy wounds. Gingerly she removed the boy hand form his side and saw even more blood flowing with a massive gash running up his side.

Unfortunately the Cuckoo's could not stop themselves from the tears that sprung up to their eyes.

“W-watch out!” Ranma shouted as with strength he dint know he still had he shoved his mentor away just in time for a Prime Sentinel attack to land where she was.

Jean turned her her eyes to the sentinels in the sky, with a spark of fire in her eyes, she tore all the Sentinels in the sky to pieces. Her eyes turning back to it's green color immediately as she tried to suppress the phoenix power inside of her.

Unfortunately the Omega sentinel refuse to give her any time as an adamantium bullet caught her on her right shoulder and sent her to the ground. Several more ionic pulse blast smashed into the Cuckoo's who turned into diamonds just in time to prevent any injuries.

Turning her eyes back to the Sentinel from the future, Jean tried to use her telekinesis to hit it again but it counter the force and kept walking toward the group. For a split second she felt like she should unleashed her full Phoenix power but knew that would spell out doom for everyone and the entire planet in her current emotional state.

“Target: Jean Grey: Threat Assessment: Omega-class, priority elimination.” The Omega Sentinel announced loudly as it leveled it guns at her.

Ranma forced himself to his feet and jumped into the first shot meant for his mentor and was hammer into a building. His eyes glazed before he lost consciousness.

Jean eyes lit up with fire once more ready to unleash the Phoenix Force, consequences be damn, when a bright burst of light emitted accompanied by a large booming noise. The fire in her eyes quickly died out as she felt the light washed over her. It tingled at her skin and reminded her of Illyana magic in a way.

Suddenly the school became foggy and there were sound of explosion rattling through the school like firecrackers. Just like that the fog slowly appeared to be sucked into a single area, at the center was two person. The first was a female who wore some black battle armor of some sort that hugged her form in a flattering way. Her face was covered by a helmet of a sort but it was the male next to her however that riveted Jean attention.

He wore casual skin tight uniform that was black with a large X symbol across his chest. Unlike the female, he had his face uncovered. His deep blue eyes shone with softness as he locked eyes with her.

“Nice to see you again, Jean,” The man voice declared fondly.

Jean was shocked. Her eyes was processing what she saw but she was unable to believe her eyes. “R-Ranma?”

TBC...

1. So... Van or Truck? One friend say Truck another say van! Argh! I can't decide!

2. How the flow? Works? Interactions.

3. I added the slice of life before shit hit the fan

4. Prime Sentinels are a thing that was uniquely created and was never mass produced in the future. It was also discontinued. Nimrod himself did not hunt down humans and eventually decided that wide spread destruction did not need to happen, he just needed to hunt down mutants enemy of the state. Most Sentinels felt the same way and was one of the reason why they lost during Bishop and Rachel timeline. They one that is fought in the future War have clearly stated that humans are an enemy. I believe in the comics it is explain that because they are organic they can neutralized mutants abilities for a short amount of time. S.H.I.E.L.D.S had round them all up and destroyed them.

5. Anything else that stands out lemme know.
Vahn
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Re: Homo Superior 12 - Ranma/Xmen [Rough Draft]

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:21 pm

Hmmm...

I see no reason not to classify Wendy's that way... they are overpriced anyway.

Ranma would stick out shopping no matter where he went shopping at.

A Ford F150 that can hold six I do not consider small. it likely would need at least be a club cab.

Ranma is absolutely correct, and see no issue with considering it shopping when stealing from enemies in a war front. in one fell stroke yu take away from them and enrich yourself.

He should never go shopping with them again. He should ask them how they would feel if he forced them to wear only wheat he wanted and see what their reaction would be.

That outfit they forced female Ranma into sounds hideous.

SHIELD sent his parents money? He'll never see it.

"If he feels the slightest bit in danger, We'll go in after him."

This is important, danger by *his* standards, or *hers*?

"You know, I can hold all those pizza for you or whatever... no big deal."

Poor guy, I assumed from the start it was their intention to make him hold them.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby ijp92 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:31 pm

Yeah. I can totally see Ranma making up complete bs about the past. Very Genma. Too bad Fyro is so trusting.

The fact that Must becomes such a troll once she is capable of expressing herself is great.

Also I was surprised that future Ranma wasn't a shriveled mummy like Cologne. Magic Mushrooms?
ijp92
Senshi Cadet

Postby DCG » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:55 pm

Reads just fine, Good flow, I have no idea what the base idea is.. but the conversations are interesting.

But wow the plotting it painful. You lost me when learning of the attack. Ranma and Jean promptly turn on each other.

If your plotting needs a heavy use of the Idiot ball to pull things off your doing it wrong.

The fight scene's itself where a bit meh. Ever one dropping like flys, lots of yelling and bad lines being said. They could have been standing in a blank room talking to a mike for what it covered. After rereading it, you could just page down past all of it and not miss anything important.

After ever one falls on there face in a very blatant setup for Ranma to save the day. He promptly fails to do anything.. of course this is for FUTURE Ranma to save the day.

It's high on cheese, not much on good fighting or something that will keep your readers focused on the scene. The super tech machine from the future doing a slow strut with a sickle of all things is kinda the topper.

Unless cheese was your goal? Then the only thing missing is ranma looking down at his hands and going "My fists! They do nothing!"
Fukufics Mod, Plot Hammer, And Muse poker.
DCG
Fukufics Staffer

Postby Vahn » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:49 pm

@DCG Thanks for your CC. I am going to break down what I had in mind to address your points of concern. Afterward, if it still doesn't make sense, please feel free to suggest better methods.

For the Jean and Ranma scene. I approached it from two prescriptive. Jean is the adult, the X-Men she dealt with lots of super power kids. Machine from the future want to kill one of her students. She, as the teacher, the adult, would want to keep the kid safe.

Perspective 2: Ranma is the guy who buck the trend and does not GAFF what an adult tells him to do. He go where he wants and do what he wants especially if there is a fight and he's the target. He not gonna hide behind anyone skirt. That would be offensive.

So here you have these two warring views and being as how they have bonded enough, with both of them being fighters in their own right, knew the other wouldn't agree. Jean's not gonna let Ranma come but knew he was going to try and force the issue anyway. Ranma knows Jeans going to feel like he's helpless and weak and take offensive to that. So it comes to a head where Ranma take the easy way out by just knocking her out, while Jean have been known to shut people down mentally who gets in the way.

Not sure if that is an 'idiot ball' scene but in each other shows, that's how I see it going down. The Adult-protector vs the Young Warrior

So rather then have a long drag out scene. In that moment, with everything going on. It's easier and faster to shoot first answer later. At least it feels more natural to me.

After ever one falls on there face in a very blatant setup for Ranma to save the day. He promptly fails to do anything...

That was done on purpose, so far, he have been two for two on victory. First against showing up to save the day in Orientation against Saffron, then again in Supremacy by taking out a Sentinel Facility. Naturally machine from the future, come back, this is Ranma story, we expect him to pull yet another victory out of his ass. He doesn't this time and he get owns and dealt a fatal blow. He is no longer invincible Ranma or infallible. He's mortal like everyone else now.

The super tech machine from the future doing a slow strut with a sickle of all things is kinda the topper.

Actually there's a reason for that, if it is machine it's suppose to do everything efficiently right? It's acting in a very odd un-machine like way. Details on it would be explain in the final part.
Vahn
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:19 pm

That was done on purpose, so far, he have been two for two on victory. First against showing up to save the day in Orientation against Saffron, then again in Supremacy by taking out a Sentinel Facility. Naturally machine from the future, come back, this is Ranma story, we expect him to pull yet another victory out of his ass. He doesn't this time and he get owns and dealt a fatal blow. He is no longer invincible Ranma or infallible. He's mortal like everyone else now.

Blinks... that was what you were attempting? Ummm... ok, but I cannot say that even once occurred to me as your goal.

To be honest these 'losses' do not actually register as such to me, and I had no clue until you mentioned it that you designed these losses as a deliberate attempt to downplay Ranma's ability.

I'd argue the point that these losses does not remotely count. The simple fact is to get Ranma to that point there was a *lot* of stacking the deck against him.. It took a machine made of adamantium *and* with an additional 100 years of knowledge of Ranma's abilities, *and* a built in supercomputer to analyze abilities *and* a lot of backup *and* underhanded tricks to beat current Ranma those times.

Consider despite everyone being so insistent he is a "non-mutant non-superhero non-alien flatscan (that is also sadly color blind)" he still managed to pretty much single handedly destroy entire mutant holding facilities and support sentinals, and on multiple occasions omega class mutants that took entire teams to even consider going against even on their own home turf. Plus, he did better against this latest threat than anyone else despite the dang thing not even taking them seriously.

I would expect him to shrug this off, and ask his granddaughter for either training, or hints on abilities of his future self for ideas to train himself up.

Of course, that assessment needs to change slightly due to the fact that future self in the flesh has arrived.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Wharpt » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:31 pm

After reading this, for some reason the words Omega Sentinel and Kuno come to mind. :?

The fire in her eyes quickly died out as she felt the light washed over her.
I believe it should just be 'wash', not 'washed'.
Last edited by Wharpt on Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wharpt
Senshi Candidate

Postby PCHeintz72 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:34 pm

Wharpt wrote:After reading this, for some reason the words Omega Sentinel and Kuno come to mind. :?

I could picture the Kuno family being one of the backers of the Sentinal Program in japan.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Vahn » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:35 pm

@PC

Well those were the point that I was going for but nothing that is suppose to be in your face, not really. It's just suppose to be there and then when you re-read it years later down the line it would be like "Oh." Since this is a the CC discussion forum, I'll break down the plot point like that.

It's what I am going for when the picture is complete but pretty much yeah, it was done on purpose. Some would get it right away other won't. It all depends, of course this is the rough copy before editorial so some of the points might not come across well and there have been zero tweaks.

:D

That said. Next chapter will clear up a lot of things for good or ill. :D
Vahn
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Blackcat101 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:23 am

I had a big post. but the stupid Cell phone ate it. To sum it up this fic is not fun anymore because you are using Super Ranma and time travel.
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Vahn » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:44 pm

Blackcat101 wrote:I had a big post. but the stupid Cell phone ate it. To sum it up this fic is not fun anymore because you are using Super Ranma and time travel.

Lol, yeah I hate it when that happen. Well different strokes for different folks. Maybe this type of fic just doesn't do well with the readers at the Temple. You hate time travel. I get it. I, however, love time travel. Wait until I do dimensional travels in the upcoming arc! :D
Vahn
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby ijp92 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:23 pm

Vahn wrote:Lol, yeah I hate it when that happen. Well different strokes for different folks. Maybe this type of fic just doesn't do well with the readers at the Temple. You hate time travel. I get it. I, however, love time travel. Wait until I do dimensional travels in the upcoming arc! :D

At first I was like "he's trolling". Then I was like, "Wait... this is a Marvel cross".
ijp92
Senshi Cadet

Postby Vahn » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:27 pm

At first I was like "he's trolling". Then I was like, "Wait... this is a Marvel cross".

Yep! Though it is nothing heavy. It's like a vacation from the three straight battle arcs. Now it's just reprieve and chillaxation for the home stretch for the readers.
Vahn
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Return to Stories and C&C