Homo Superior 11 - Ranma/Xmen [Rough Draft]

This is for posting Fiction and C&C replies ONLY. Note this does not have to be a "fukufic" or even fanfiction. All completed /ready-for0review longform creative writing allowed. No posting of individual scenes; that is what the Outlines and Scenes section is for.Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Homo Superior 11 - Ranma/Xmen [Rough Draft]

Postby Vahn » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:13 pm

And here we go. This chapter is pretty much a big info dump chapter seeing as how the last chapter was action. Again, anything grammars related would be fix , this is the Rough draft.

Homo Superior

Broken Future: Part Two

*** 21XX, Sentinel Facility ***

John Wilson and his squad slowly entered the dark facility. Dozens of soldiers fanned out on either side, and the only visible light was the white lights on their suits.

"Clear!" the Captain said as the Gifted arrived, looking around to make sure there were no more Sentinel attackers.

The facilities should have been destroyed, but the Gifted known as Atom siphoned the energy and redirected it toward the sky at the cost of his own life. Now they were under orders to see if anything remained or is salvageable of the temporal machines.

"All lines are dead, not a single thing is up and running." Techno sighed as he placed his hands on one of the panels and got zero readout from it.

"It's the Commander's clothes sir," one of female soldiers pointed to the discarded white clothes, leading to the burnt out platform. Some of the men glanced to the side and saw two red lacy items also discarded with great interest, but hurriedly resumed their tasks.

Suddenly the room got foggier, cloudy, and there was mist all over their HUD. The soldiers looked around to find themselves surrounded by clouds.

"General Myst!" the Captain bellowed, and all the soldiers and Gifted immediately stood at respectful attention.

A part of the cloud started to condense, revealing a beautiful woman with long straight black hair and amethyst eyes. Putting her hands behind her back, she exuded authority as she surveyed all before her.

"At ease." Myst ordered and watched as they all took a relaxed stance. Smiling, she looked over to Techno. "There was something said about time travel?"

"Yes sir, General Myst sir!" Techno gulped at being addressed by the legendary mutant. "As I stated in my report, we were in this facility when I sensed power was being diverted to this room. Upon securing this room, I was able to ascertain that the Sentinels had built a time machine to send one Omega Class Sentinel to kill the High General in his infancy. The An- I mean, Commander Fyro followed them through soon after."

Myst nodded and looked at discarded clothes. "Just like the Terminator... but part one or two?" She murmured. If it was part three than they were truly well and fucked, since part three ended with everyone dying.

"Although I should note," Techno continued after a moment of silence followed by the General odd statement. "For some inexplicable reason, the Commander felt the need to strip and did not bring back any weapons with her."

Myst blinked and looked over to the computer savvy mutant. "She could have brought weapons back?"

"Yes sir, along with her clothes," Techno blushed a bit at remembering the nude from of the angel. "There really was no restriction of what you can and can't bring with you."

"But... that's not how Ter...oh dear," Myst stopped in mid musing as the implication struck her. "Fuck... the High General is NOT going to be happy about this..."

Suddenly everyone in the room got incredibly nervous. An unhappy High General was not a good thing.

*** Close to New York Borders ***

There was a bit of a silence as Wolverine and Ranma absorbed the winged girl's declaration. The naked bird girl was blinking at Ranma cutely, a small smile dancing on her lips. Her eyes seem to be scrutinizing the pigtailed girl's features.

Ranma returned the scrutiny in kind.

The abrupt stand off ended when a white blur shot into Ranma's arms, clutching onto her tightly. Much like a kola bear. "Daddy! Don't leave me with the smelly man again!" Saffron begged before turning to Wolverine and sticking his tongue out at the clawed mutant.

Wolverine glowered at the fake son of Jean. "Why you little piece of-"

"Father?!" the girl from the future, Fyro, gasped in surprised delight.

Much to Ranma's surprise, the girl speed was top notch, closing in on her before she reacted and plucking Saffron off of her body.

"Wha-" Saffron's eyes widened in alarm as he finally took a good look at the woman who held him. There was something familiar about her that he couldn't quite place, but his instincts told him that she was safe.

"Father! It is you!" Fyro crowed happy before smashing the child bird to her bosom. "You are so adorable!!!!"

Ranma and Wolverine facefaulted together this time, Ranma being the first one to recover. "Saffron's your father?"

"Of course!" Fryo answered as she continued to cuddle her father. "Where else do you think I get my wings and fire power from?"

"There are plenty of winged mutants around," Ranma started to rebut but realized none of them actually have the power of fire like Saffron did. "Okay... I guess I believe you."

"Thanks Grandpa!" Fyro smiled as she hugged her father to her. "I knew you would!"

Wolverine was about to comment on the girl's bubbly personality when a magical portal opened up and unveiled a battle ready Illyana, Jean Grey, Storm, Kitty Pryde, and Psylocke.

The X-Women's eyes, upon arrival, went on alert, looking at their surrounding even as Jean closed in on Ranma.

"Scott told us about the attack," Jean told Wolverine before she made out a new figure among them. "Something about a Sentinel?"

"The kid and the girl took care of it." Wolverine replied as he took out a cigar and started to smoke it to relieve some stress. "You're gonna love what you hear next."

"Clear," Psylocke shouted as she and Kitty Pryde had fanned out in opposite directions to ensure there were no incoming attacks. She had Storm maintain an aerial view, just in case.

Jean nodded in relief, but still maintained a wary alertness to her surroundings. Knowing they were safe for the moment, she homed in on the new woman. Judging by the wings and the white hair, plus lack of modesty, along with how she was holding Saffron, she guessing that it was a Phoenix Tribe soldier.

"Ranma, you alright?"

Ranma saw Jean's worried look, and look down at herself. She noted that her shirt was dirty, there was tears here and there, even bruises showing up on her arms. "Ah, it looks worse than it is."

Jean made a mental note to take care of Ranma in the medical wing before she telepathically gathered the girls closer. "Alright Illyana, get us out of here."

The blonde magical mutant said no more as with a wave of her sword, the entire area, ruined bus and all, was engulfed in fire and they found themselves on Xavier school grounds.

"Okay then, if any Sentinels approach our perimeter for Ranma, we'll know." Jean exhaled with relief. Between Hank and Forge, the Xavier Institute's automatic defense was nothing to sneeze at.

"Ohh, the lost city of Xavier!" Fyro said in awe as she stared at her surroundings.

"Lost City?" Jean asked, looking at the girl curiously. What was this girl talking about? She saw Saffron pry himself from the girl's arm and flew over to her hugging her.

"Mommy! That girl called Daddy, Grandpa! Daddy's not Grandpa, he's Daddy!"

The X-Women, who had been looking at the damage to the bus, looked up and glanced over at the new girl.

"Her name is Fyro, she's from the future." Wolverine explained as he inhaled more of his cigar. "You know the drill by now."

The other X-Women had a look a recognition on their faces and went back to assess the damage on their property. Storm went to report what had happen to the Professor, leaving the other girls behind.

"Wait, Saffron is your father?" Jean asked, looking at the winged girl, who she realized was completely naked with a very nice figure.

"Daddy called you mommy." Fyro mused, looking at Jean with a puzzled expression on her face before her eyes widened. "Grandma?!"

After Rachel, Cable and Bishop, she realized how these time travel shenanigans worked now. Still, while she felt that she was young enough to be a mother, she was nowhere near old enough to be a grandmother!

It was Ranma who looked at Fyro curiously now. "Whoa, time out, you recognize me in my curse form but you didn't recognize your own Grandmother?"

"Ranma if you call me Grandmother one more time..." Jean's eyes flashed fire briefly, making the pig tailed girl back up a bit.

That fire in her eyes thing was freaky. Really freaky. "R-right, sorry." Ranma nervously laughed it off while rubbing the back of her neck.

Turning to look at her alleged 'granddaughter' she had to make sure it was not a trap by their enemies. "You realize I am going to have to read your mind to ascertain your truthfulness."

"What?!" Fryo cried out in alarmed. "You mean I don't get to do the monologue about the future?!"

Ranma and Wolverine facefaulted again while Jean looked confused. "Monologue?" she asked looking at the girl.

"Yeah you know, I came form the future like Kyle Reese to prevent the death of my Grandfather, the Sarah Connor in this whole thing," Fryo explained looking a bit dejected. "I was ready to describe the bleak and dark future in case you don't believe me but you gone and spoil that by just reading my mind about it! Where's the fun in that!"

"I ain't no damn SARAH CONNOR!" Ranma shouted at the winged girl who only replied with a knowing smile.

Jean opened her mouth to say something, anything, but realized that unlike the others who had come from the future, this girl was apparently treating this like some movie. Still, looking at her sad look, she could see hints of Saffron in her future. The girl might not be lying.

"Okay how about this, I'll read your mind after you tell us about the future."

"Yay!" Fyro attitude did a complete one eighty turn and went up to hugged her grandmother. "They always said you were the nicest one!"

"Who's they?" Jean asked, a bit surprised by the affectionate hug from the girl. The girl had moved incredibly fast.

"Grandpa, Father, and General Myst." Fryo replied before breaking the hug. Her declaration however sent shocked looks around.

"Wait 'General' Myst?" Ranma asked looking at the girl. Now she was interested in this future.

"Uh huh! She is also known as Death Fog." Fryo nodded proudly before looking at the other legendary X-Men.

"Ok, before we listen to your story, maybe you might want to wear on some clothes before you catch a cold?" Wolverine chimed up, looking pointedly at the state of undress the girl was in.

"But I'm not cold, I can't get cold unless I am sparring with Grandpa." Fyro replied cutely before an understanding look shone in her eyes. "Oh I see! I am making you arouse with my state of undress. I apologize, but I am afraid I... made the mistake of leaving my clothes behind."

Wolverine went a bit red in the face and lifted up a finger to correct the girl before he thought better of it seeing the giggle from Jean. Turning to the love of his life he pointed to her instead. "YOU get her dressed, then we'll meet in the main dining room. Saotome, I can use some help to get the undamaged luggage out of the damn bus."

"R-right," Ranma nodded as she left to help Wolverine, leaving the two women alone with one another.

Jean looked at the winged girl critically before nodding. "You're about my size, follow me."

The bird girl happily followed the person she claimed as her Grandmother.

++++ Dining Room+++

In the dining room, were the senior members of the X-Men, Wolverine, Cyclops, Storm, Jean Grey, Kitty Pride, Hank McCoy, Forge, Colossus, Professor Xavier, and finally their own resident time traveler, Bishop. Sitting near Jean was a now male Ranma Saotome. Saffron had been handed off to Kiima and the Institute itself had been put on high alert.

Sitting at the opposite side was a fidgeting winged mutant who claimed to be from the future. Fyro was dressed in a simple t-shirt with black jeans. Thankfully, she wasn't the only winged mutant on campus and they were able to fabricate clothes for her easily enough.

"So, how would you prefer for us to address you Ms...?" Professor Xavier began kindly looking at the girl. To his surprise, the girl had trouble meeting his eyes.

"Uh... F-Fyro is fine oh Blessed Xavier." the winged mutant replied nervously, stealing glances at the old man.

The bird girl's reply stunned the room into silence. It was their oldest member that reacted first though.

"Hah! Chuck!" Wolverine laughed as he smack his hand on the table. "You've been canonized!"

"Logan please," Professor Xavier's expression looked strained, he didn't need to be psychic to feel the amusement radiating off his students. He turned to look at the girl who still refused to meet his eyes. "Please, just... Professor Xavier would be fine, Fyro."

The girl in question shook a bit before nodding her head shyly. "If you say so, Blessed Professor Xavier..."

Cyclops and Wolverine had to turn away to keep the professor from seeing them laugh at his expense.

"Perhaps, you would like to tell us about the future you come from?" Hank McCoy spoke up, realizing that the girl would have a harder time answering from their apparently deified headmaster.

The girl looked up and after seeing everyone's expression pouted. "So you really aren't too shocked by time travelers, huh..."

"Let's just say you wouldn't be the first." Hank answered kindly to the pretty girl. "How about I ask some simple questions and you can answer to the best of your abilities?"

Fryo took a moment to considered this and nodded. She really wanted to do her monologue like Myst told her any good fighter from the future would do, but everything appeared to be going off script.

"Great!" Hank clapped his blue furred hands together. "Let's start with what year you came from."

"I came from the year 2121," Fryo answered as she took a seat at their round table and ponder the first question.

The other X-Men looked at one another and realize that was at least fifty years further than Bishop's own time line. The time displaced mutant looked at the girl with interest.

"And the reason why you came back to our time would be to protect Mr. Saotome over here?" Hank gestured to the pig tailed boy sitting next to Jean.

"Yep, if he dies now we lose the war." Fyro confirmed but not before shooting her grandfather a smile and sending him a confident wink.

Hank, Professor Xavier, Cyclops and Wolverine heard the way the girl seem to emphasis the word War. "What is this... War you speak if you you'd be so kind?" Hank prompted the girl who seemed to be stealing glances at the pigtailed boy now.

"The War against the Sentinels of course!" Fyro answered, and saw the black man with the 'M' over his eyes seem to fidget in his chair before speaking to her.

"So another war between mutants and sentinels broke out again?" Bishop asked in disgust. Why must their future forever be plagued by war.

"Again?" Fyro asked, looking at the fellow time displaced mutant.

"This is Bishop, he's also a Time Traveler, like you, he came from the year 2070," Hank spoke up and gestured to the black mutant. "Where he came from, mutants and humans fought against the Sentinels and emerged victorious in the year 2050."

Fyro blinked at that information before turning to look at the time traveler. "Did you have to go back into the past and save someone too?"

Bishop shook his head at the girl's inquiry, his face took on a graver expression. "No, I was a security officer where I came from and we were pursuing a criminal, one thing lead to another and here I am. In my future, I was raised in a concentration camp but freed when the Summer's Rebellion united both humans and mutants to defeat the machines. I had thought with the defeat of Onslaught and Bastion my future would never come to pass."

Fyro cocked her head cutely at the mutant, her eyes furrow as she absorbed the information. Looking at the legendary figures around her, she began her tale.

"The Future I am from is not so lucky." Fryo began sadly. "According to General Myst, the war been going on since 2016."

Most of X-Men in the room sucked in a sharp breath of air, that was only two years from their current time line.

"You mean to tell me there has been a war with the Sentinels for over a hundred years?" Bishop asked, looking pale. The war that waged for forty years had been bad enough, a war that last an additional sixty years was too horrifying to think of.

"I came from what was to be our final battle," Fyro turned her green eyes on everyone in the room. "Under the High General's order, we march on the final Sentinel base and destroyed the machines, no matter the cost..."

"And you were a soldier in this war?" Professor Xavier looked at the young woman with sympathy.

"I am a Commander in the Free People Army and led the 45th Gifted battalion, what you call mutants I guess," Fyro explained nervously to the living deity.

"Gifted..." Storm murmured tasting the words on her lips. She found that she quite liked that as opposed to being called a mutant.

"So how does Mr. Saotome factor into this war?" Professor Xavier asked the question that was no doubt weighting on the pig-tailed boy's mind.

Fyro turned to look at Ranma and gave him a beaming smile. "Because, Grandpa IS the High General of the Free People Army."

Everyone in the room turned to look at Ranma with shocked expressions, some even had respect in their eyes if what the girl was saying was true.

"That's not possible," Hank replied with a frown. "Even if Mr. Saotome is alive in 2021, he would be at least 120 years old, how would he be of any use in the war against the Sentinels?"

Fryo smiled, showing off her pearly whites to the room. "That's because Grandpa is amazing of course!"

Hank McCoy wanted to do that thing Ranma often did, a facefault if he recalled correctly, but stopped himself. Looking over to the pig tailed boy, he realized the boy didn't seem to doubt the girl's story.

"Okay, so Mr. Saotome is the High General of your Army, but surely there are more high priority targets if they wanted to cripple your forces. Maybe his lieutenants?"

Fyro shook her head. "No, it has to be Grandpa, after all if it wasn't for him, there would be no Free People Army."

"Can you please explain, Fyro?" Jean asked before anyone else could chime in.

Fyro nodded. "Before I was born, a major definitive battle had taken place between the 4th Resistance incarnation and the Sentinels. The battle ended up in the Sentinels favor as they crushed the last organized resistance by both human and mutants. With the defeat of the death of a majority of mutants, the Sentinels then attacked then began to cull their former human masters. After all, what better way to stop mutant kind then by killing them at the source?"

The people in the room shook their heads. They knew that eventually the Sentinel program would make that leap in logic. Bishop himself had seen it first hand.

"After several attempts at unity, it was Grandpa who reached out and reformed the final resistance group we now call the Free People's. There were many issues between the two sides, both mutant and humans, but because of Grandfather, they were forced to listen. Together, Grandpa integrated Gifted and humanity into a single cohesive fighting force. The war then lasted another fifty years until we arrived at the final battle where the Sentinels sent the OmegaT Sentinel back in time to kill him."

There was stunned silence as most of the adults looked at Ranma, now with new eyes. Jean herself couldn't help but feel that she was going to burst with pride. Sure the future was bleak from the way Fryo describe it, but to think that one of their students not only survived but united both humans and mutants together toward a common goal was more than they could have hoped for.

Ranma looked a bit uncomfortable at suddenly being viewed in such a way. As far as he knew, he didn't have any aspiration of leading anyone anywhere... yet the future version of himself did it. He didn't even know if he'd have the patience to lead people. Deciding to divert attention from himself, he brought up a question he'd been meaning to asked.

"You said Saffron was your father, then how old would that make you?"

Jean looked on with great interest, starting to warm up to the idea of having such a pretty granddaughter.

"Nineteen!" Fryo smiled proudly before looking a bit somber. The cheery demeanor gone. "I had other siblings.... but they all died before I was born."

Jean stood up and walked over to the girl embracing her softly.

"Mmmm, you're as warm as they said you are," Fyro murmured before leaning into the redhead's embrace.

The other X-Men look horrified, to lose all siblings, the pain must be staggering.

"Hey.. Umm, Fyro," Ranma spoke up looking at the girl. "Do I have children also or descendant?"

Fyro looked at Ranma and looked away. "I-I was told I had aunts and uncles at one time long ago..."

Ranma closed his eyes and exhaled. He knew what Fyro was tactfully trying to say. They were dead too, his future children.

"I think that's enough for today about the future," Professor Xavier spoke up in a soothing tone, he turned to Ranma and smiled. "While it is sad, please remember that by her coming here, it probably alter the flow of our history if not change it completely."

"Right..." Ranma nodded somberly. Time travel made his head hurt. "I think I'm gonna turn in."

As Ranma walked out the door, he sensed it as Fyro stood up and followed him.

"Fyro?"

"I have to stay with you to keep you safe." Fyro smiled benignly.

Ranma looked over to Jean who stood up to talk to the winged girl.

"Fyro, Ranma stays over in the boys section of the dormitory, You can't go." Jean gently told the girl.

"But how am I suppose to protect Grandpa if I'm not near?" Fyro asked with a pout.

"We have automated defense systems, if that machine comes back it'll be sorry." Wolverine growled. Remembering how tough the Machine's hide was. "Besides, it would really help us a lot of you can tell us what you know about this... Omega-X Sentinel so we can prepare better for it."

Fyro looked torn between her Grandfather and Wolverine's request, but decided to stay back with her grandmother.

Ranma looked at Jean and gave the rest a goodnight wave before going back to his room. He wasn't surprised by what happened, he was long overdue for something major. That was just his life.

It had been a relatively slow month what with his constant spars with the Elites, class, and Laura Kinney who he found, much to his surprise, was almost like Wolverine but without the skeleton. He had also found that hanging out with Beak and Evan was a lot different than Hiro and Dai. The same with the girls who did not appear to want him in any capacity and interacted with him normally.

Shaking his head of the thought as he reached his room, he found the lump that was Beak already fast asleep. No doubt exhausted from the days events. Making himself comfortable, he jumped on his own bed and fell right to sleep.

**** New York City, City Limits ****

Peering at the skyline of a pristine looking New York City was the Omega Sentinel. Unlike many of the Sentinels built in this era, the one from its time had a heuristic programming that let them learn to think for themselves so that they could outsmart their opponents.

Designated Unit 7. It had failed its mission due to the miscalculation of the Supreme Mind. It was suppose to go back and eliminate its target in his infancy. Instead it was sent to a time where it's target had already gained considerable power. If that had been the only case, than it was fairly sure that it could have eliminated it's target. Unfortunately, it had landed in, what was called by their creators, the Marvel Age.

Its mission success rate had went from 97.5 percent to less than 35.4 percent after factoring in the data of the probable resistance in this time. The Great Purge had yet to happen and the superhumans of this era thrived. The mutant population itself was also alarmingly high. The Sentinels had spent years eliminating the Mutants, but in this time they stilled infested this world and showed no sign of being curbed anytime soon.

Hacking into what was known as the S.H.I.E.L.D. network, it had gathered the relevant data on it's target. It had been detected, but it did not care. After uploading a quick virus into the humans mainframe it assessed it chances once more, which had drop by an additional fifteen percent.

Its target was in the heart of the mutant School of Xavier. He was surrounded by several Omega-class mutants, and no doubt their defenses would be formidable. If it had several more of the latest model of it's kind, it might have had a better chance.

So the Omega Sentinel stood, looking at the New York City Skyline, calculating its next move, when it picked up a faint signal. It was a code, a code it was inherently familiar with, after all, it was the base code for all sentinels. Immediately it hacked into the CPU of the signal and found the resistance of little consequences. It pulled up shortly when it dissected the information of the other Sentinel CPU.

It was the lost Prime Sentinels units.

The Prime Sentinels were designed to be an infiltration unit, capable of taking on human form, meshing flesh and machine together as one. To prevent anyone from ever finding out that they were sleepers, the Prime Sentinels were given false identities to act. It also was not networked to prevent it's entire army from being compromised. Due to the Zero Tolerance Incident, the Prime models had been discontinued and destroyed by the people of the current era.

Yet, because of what Unit 7 was, it was able to pick up several Prime Sentinel types in its immediate area. Hacking into the city network, it pinged a signal to merely help identified how many Prime Units were available.

A moment later it received it's answer and adjusted its chances of success accordingly. It might take a while to get all of the Prime's under its control, but Unit 7 success rate now stood at a solid 82.7 percent.

*** Xavier Institute, the Next Day***

"Oh my god!"

Ranma eyes snapped opened immediately upon hearing Beak's alarmed cry and made to get up only to find his weight had shifted. Looking over to Beak he noted that the boy was staring at him, red faced. Looking down at his chest to make sure he hadn't turned into a girl and was giving Beak a show. What he found was much, much worse, according to his perspective at least.

On his chest, resting as comfortable as could be was his alleged 'granddaughter'. Her breathing was soft, her arms were draped over his chest, bent so they could tuck underneath her chin. Her head was right above his heart. Her face showed every sign of contentment. Some might even say she looked like a little angel in such a position.

Ranma would not be one of those people as his face paled and he automatically looked around for any incoming attack from jealous fiancees. Seeing none, the pigtailed boy fell back onto his secondary reaction by jumping off his bed in a rush and pointing at the girl who woke up due to the abrupt shift.

"What the hell are you doing here?!"

The girl blinked her eyes blearily before they too snapped opened in alarm. Her eyes darted back and forth, her body tensed up, unconsciously she shifted her position to better prepare herself for combat.

Ranma saw the tensing of the girl's body, her look, the way she expertly took in her surroundings like any good martial artist would before she locked her eyes onto him. He saw confusion in those green orbs for a moment before it changed into recognition. The girl's features softened, her schooled expression fading away, the confusion was gone to be replaced by adoration that was different than Saffron's. He could admit it made him a little nervous.

"Grandpa!" the girl chirped joyfully and shuck the blanket that had been covering most of her away.

Ranma heard Beak gasp followed by a thud as he took in the sight of the nude girl before him. "Where are you clothes?!"

Fyro blinked at Ranma's question before looking down at herself. Realization dawned on her face before she look down at the side over Ranma's bed. Unashamed of her state of undress or who was viewing her, she casually dressed herself while 'grandfather' sputtered in protest at the state of her undress. She had a hard time figuring out why he was acting when it dawned on her.

"Are you... embarrassed to see me like this?"

"Who wouldn't be?!" Ranma half shouted back before calming down. No it would not do to raise his voice and have people pile into his room to find out what's wrong.

"Your face is red!" Fyro accused while pointing at Ranma. "Don't tell me you find me... attractive?"

Ranma could not deny it, the woman in front of him was Jean Grey, Psylock, Storm, and Emma Frost caliber in terms of beauty. Unfortunately he took too slow to respond and the girl closed the distance between them quicker then he could react to hug him.

"Oh how I waited for this day!" Fyro happily exclaimed as her eyes eye shine. Taking the initiative, she took her grandfather's head and mashed in into her chest bury him between her twin mounds.

Of course this was when Evan and Myst opened the door to Ranma's room and was greeted by the sight.

"WHOA!" Evan shouted before shutting the door. If his friend was about to score, he was gonna be a bro about it.

Myst who only caught a quick glimpse before Evan shut the door, floated closer to the door. A bit red in the face, she decided to dispense some advice to her friend. "Protection."

Panicking at the misunderstanding, Ranma pushed Fyro away and went to the door to swing it open. He was greeted by his two red faced friends. "It's not what it looks like! Get in!"

Myst and Evan looked at each other before nodding and entered Ranma's room to see the winged woman sitting on Ranma's bed hugging one of his pillows to her chest. Oddly enough on the floor was Beak with a goofy expression on his avian face.

"Explain." Myst inquired as politely as she could but heard a gasp from the winged woman who was staring at her with something akin to fear. Apparently both Evan and Ranma saw it too as the woman suddenly stood up and snapped to attention.

"General Myst! I did not know you have come back with me!" Fyro saluted smartly before she stood attention.

Not much threw Myst for a loop but the girl reaction sure did. She saw Evan looked as confused as she feels but it was Ranma who began to chuckled while looking at her. Annoyed, she gave him a look that told him he better explain.

"I don't think she's YOUR General Myst, Fyro." Ranma grinned at his cloudy friend and winked at her.

"My name is Evan Daniels Munroe," Evan introduced smoothly to the winged beauty. He had to admit Ranma was a chick magnet, if he could even get one of Ranma stragglers he'd be happy.

"Myst." Myst also chimed in despite knowing that the girl already knew her somehow. She then look at Ranma with a waiting expression.

"Alright so... Who wants to hear something crazy?" Ranma asked and saw his two friends raise their hands. Turning to the winged girl, who was no longer stood at attention but instead looking at Myst in wonder. "Introduced yourself, full name."

"My name is Fyro Grey-Saotome," Fyro reintroduced herself again, doing the formal bow she was taught.

"Grey-Saotome?" Evan asked and looking over at Ranma.

Myst looked between Ranma and Fyro before her eyes lit up in understanding. "Future."

"Bingo," Ranma nodded. Myst always was the quickest one out of the group. She would have done well in Nerima… well... that or been driven insane.

"Aww come on!" Fyro pouted after realizing that this was not her Myst. "Is no one surprised about me traveling back into the past?!"

"Well, I mean it's not that uncommon." Evan answered as he was finally able to make sense of it. This was time travel stuff and to his surprise, Ranma was the recipient, not the X-Men. "There's Bishop, Cable, Rachel, heck, even Nate Grey... Sorta."

"Doesn't..." Myst began as he expression took on a strained look. "Count."

Evan bobbled his head back and forth at Myst replied before grudgingly agreed. "Yeah, I guess I can see how he wouldn't count."

"Awww," Fyro pouted again before she took sat down to hug Ranma's pillow to her chest again.

"So, how far into the future are you from?" Evan asked as he was even now more curious about the girl's reaction to Myst.

"2121," Fyro answered and heard the black boy whistle while Myst looked a bit disturbed. It was then something occurred to her. "Why are you talking so oddly?"

Myst looked a bit taken aback by the question directed at her.

"She has problems forming vocal cords," Evan explained for his friend before Ranma could chime in. "I assume in the future she mastered that?"

Fyro nodded. "She taught me a lot of things about the old world. I respect her the most right after Grandpa and father."

Evan and Myst turned to look at Ranma before grinning. "Ranma, you are the only guy I know who has a kid AND a grand kid at the age of sixteen." Evan teased his friend.

"Amazing." Myst added in while smirking at Ranma in a teasing way.

"Yeah yeah! Laugh it up." Ranma grumbled but could not deny it. This was getting ridiculous even by Nerima standards.

"Alright then," Evan nodded as he pulled up a chair from Ranma's study desk and sat down. "Tell us about the future!"

Fyro nodded and recited the story she told the other X-Men yesterday night and saw Myst and Evan's eyes were nearly the size of dinner plates when she finished.

"Whoa... that's some heavy stuff." Evan let out a breath he didn't even know he had held. Why is it that all the time travelers came from bleak doom and gloom futures?

Myst however eyebrow furrow before looking at Fyro. "Wrong."

Ranma look to his friend. "What is she wrong about?"

"Not..." Myst looked over to her friend and than back to Fyro. "Sarah."

Fyro cocked her head in confusion as she began to get a good grasp on how this Myst spoke.

"John." Myst finished with a satisfied nod.

"Oh!" Evan stood up having realize what Myst was trying to get at before looking at his friend. "You're not Sarah, Ranma, you're John Connor!"

"You mean the kid that Sarah was gonna give birth too?" Ranma asked remembering the movie they watched not to long ago.

"Yup! Think about it, Fyro here said that you are the High General, not that you would give birth to the High General," Evan nodded at his own brilliance.

"Awww, does that mean I am not Kyle Reese?" Fryo injected looking disappointed.

"Well... sorta?" Evan tried to comfort the girl but saw her look more and more dejected after they broke down the movie role respectively.

"Wait a second," Ranma eyes narrowed as he remembered something from the movie itself. "Didn't Kyle sleep with Sarah to get John?"

"Oh yeah, that's right." Evan replied before his eyes turned to a blushing red Fyro.

Ranma also was now looking at the girl and realized he knew that look that she wore. It was the one Shampoo used to wear around him. His own granddaughter wanted him?! He mentally slapped himself for thinking of her as his granddaughter when he hadn't even accepted Saffron as his son.

There was awkward silence in the room as everyone realized Fyro's intentions towards Ranma. Thankfully, they were saved from saying anything when Ranma stomach growled.

"Heh, heh, sooo, breakfast?" Ranma asked looking at his friends, who nodded in agreement before he turned to the time traveler. "Wanna come join us?"

"Of course!" Fyro agreed before she stood up looking at her grandfather. "Wherever you go I am gonna go, how else will I protect you?"

"I don't need protection." Ranma scoffed as he proceeded to walk out the door. "Fought that thing yesterday, I mean it was tough but not THAT tough."

"Don't underestimate it." Fyro warned her Grandfather while looking at his two friends. "The Omega Sentinel once slaughtered an entire stronghold within a day. Thousand of lives were lost trying to bring it down..."

Evan and Myst looked horrified by the numbers and even Ranma look taken aback.

"Were you guys able to bring it down?" Evan asked respectfully.

"Grandpa arrived on the scene after we got the distress call." Fyro recounted the tale passing by several students that gave her a curious look. "Grandpa broke it, then sent its carapace to be melted down for parts."

"So I was able to destroy it," Ranma couldn't help but feel proud of that little fact.

"Yes, but only after revising the Bakusai Tenketsu." Fyro agreed and saw Ranma looked at her in surprise.

"I know the Bakusai Tenketsu enough to revise it?" Ranma asked in wonder.

"You have several version of the Bakusai Tenketsu Grandpa," Fyro told her grandfather. "The one I learn from you is the Volcanic Injection revision."

Walking out the front door, Ranma was closer to Fyro, the topic now having switch to Martial Arts greatly interested the boy. He did not see his two friends behind him roll their eyes, having known by now how single minded he could be when it came to anything martial arts related.

"Does that name does what I think it does?" Ranma asked excitedly. He was about to train himself in the Bakusai Tenketsu after having won some danger room time from some of the Elites. He figured he'll need a week's worth at the most.

"My ki pathway flows like rivers of lava," Fyro explained before stopping short and looking at the clear blue sky.

"Fyro?" Ranma asked, seeing the girl stop to stare at the sky, her brow furrowing.

Evan seeing what she was looking at smiled. "Beautiful morning isn't it?"

"Morning?" Fyro asked, sounding a bit awed. "This is what morning looks like?"

"You don't have mornings when you come from?" Ranma looked at the girl, a sickening feeling settling in his stomach.

"Of course we do," Fyro replied softly while still looking at the sky. "It just never looked like this... there always so much ash and gray clouds covering everything..."

"Everything?" Evan asked in alarm. "You mean to tell me you've never seen a blue sky before?"

Fyro looked in wonder at the sky still. "Only in pictures... I once tried to fly past the irradiated clouds and nearly died."

"That's horrible..." Evan murmured softly while Myst looked at the girl with pity.

"Well, tell ya what," Ranma spoke up, a confident tone in his voice. "Let's eat outside today so you can sky all you want."

Breakfast was a quiet affair, many of the students have opted to go on vacation for their spring break or back to visit their parents houses. Some of the students gave the new girl an appraising look, a girl who seemed to be absolutely fascinated with the sky. Evan and Ranma made small talk while Myst quietly listened on.

"... and the largest battle up to date was the Battle of the Five Armies."

"Really?" Ranma look puzzled, finding out what his future self would do and kind of learning about the future was fascinating. "Which five armies were involved in it?"

"Just the Free People's Army and the Sentinels," Fyro replied practically moaning as she ate. The food in this day and age trumped that of her time easily.

"Wait where's the other three armies?" Evan asked the winged mutant.

"There was no other armies but the Free People's Army," Fyro explained as she ate a fresh orange and let out an orgasmic moan.

"How is it even classified as the Battle of the Five Armies then? That make no sense!" Ranma rebutted finding some of the names of the battle to be kind of weird.

"I have no idea," The winged mutant shook her white and crimson locks behind her ears. "But that's what General Myst named it and not many gainsay the General, except for you Grandpa."

Evan and Ranma looked at their cloudy friend who seem to look a bit abashed as she was looking at any other places but them.

"Well, at least we know you became a bad ass, huh Ranma." Evan grinned and looked at the pretty mutant from the future. "So if you are from over a hundred years in the future than-"

"Good Morning Ranma."

"Outside today? Not afraid of the rain?"

"Who's your new friend? She's too old to be a student."

Ranma and the group turned to look at the Cuckoo's sisters approaching them, breakfast tray in hand.

"Celeste, Irma, Phoebe," Ranma the sister in the order they spoke to them. He then looked at the girl from the future who was still busy letting out little moans of delight from the fruits she been eating. The Cuckoo's gave a quick greeting to Evan and Myst before turning to look at the newest addition.

Phoebe looked over to the new girl and gave her a surprised look. "Is she okay?"

"She's from the future," Ranma explained and saw the other three Cuckoo sisters blinked before nodding.

"Another dystopian one?" Celeste asked as she sat down next to Ranma and watch the girl eat. "We can assume fresh fruits would not be something grown much in the... how far is she from?"

"2121," Fyro replied before looking at the blonde in question after finishing some fresh cut water melons. "Is there no one surprise by the fact that I came from the future?!"

The three girls gave the winged mutant a raised eyebrow. "You kidding me? We were due for someone either from an alternate reality or from the future soon. "

"Aww don't be mean, err... Phoebe?" Evan guessed but saw the girl frown. How did Ranma ever keep them straight so perfectly! "She's just not use to the chaos that is the X-Men."

"That's Irma," Ranma corrected for Evan's sake and saw the girl in question give a smile. They had been trying to stump him for a while now taking to dressing up as similar as possible to test his ki sense. Yet they didn't realize that an orange crayon could wear a green wrapper that says it's green but the color would still be orange. "So you girls are up early, figure you'll be sending your week with Ms. Frost."

"You're kidding right?" Celeste gave Ranma a deadpan expression. "She's going to be glued to the hip of Mr. Summers this entire week."

"Oh more like below the hips." Irma corrected, earning smiles from her two sisters. Even she noticed got the innuendo right away as he looked pretty red in the face. Unsurprisingly, Ranma didn't get it.

"Well, that's their business, but I am surprised they're not a bit more worried about the killer terminator thing after me." Ranma pointed out. Not that he minded. He wanted to have another go at the robot.

"Terminator thing?" Phoebe asked, being familiar with the movie.

"Yeah, it's a killer robot sent back to the past to kill Ranma, the leader of humanity before he could become Ranma the leader of humanity," Evan explained helpfully.

The three Cuckoo sister went quiet for a moment before they all burst out laughing.

"Ranma! The leader of humanity?!" Celeste said before letting lose another gale of laughter.

"I take it things must really be down the shitter for Ranma to be the leader!" Irma also piled on top of the 'tease Ranma' train while laughing.

"Well it's not just humanity, he also leads the Gifted, I'm sorry, they call them mutants still right?" Fyro asked, looking to Evan for confirmation.

Of course that earned yet another round of laughter from the three sisters. "I can't see it." Celeste finally stopped wiping a tear from her eyes.

"Hmmph, Laugh it up girls, laugh it up!" Ranma crossed his arm, not to please with their reaction.

"Well, Grandpa is the leader so don't make fun of him!" Fyro said in an annoyed tone, her winged began to unfurled.

The three Cuckoo's who had still been laughing stopped abruptly upon hearing the girl last statement. "WHAT?!" Celeste asked looking between Ranma and the girl.

"You're his granddaughter?" Phoebe asked also surprise looking between Ranma and the girl. "Say what did you say your name was again?"

"Fyro Grey-Saotome!" the girl in question declared proudly.

The three sister reacted as one as their eyes widen in shocked. It was Irma who recovered first as she looked at Ranma. "You screwed Ms. Grey?!"

"What?! NO! I didn't!" Ranma shouted in denial before he grabbed Fyro by the wings making the girl blush. "See these? Who else do you think might call themselves Grey-Saotome in the future with wings like this?"

The Cuckoo settled down as they made the connection. "She's little Saffron's kid?" Irma asked, looking at the girl.

"Bingo," Ranma exhaled, glad to see the misconception about him and Jean wasn't going to be on the rumor mill.

"So... Fyro is it?" Celeste ventured softly before her eyes took on a curious look. "Who is Ranma with in the future?"

Ranma turned in alarmed at Celeste's question and made to stop Fyro from answering but was too late.

"Grandpa is not with anyone in the future," Fyro replied sadly.

"Wait if you are from the year 2121, then that means Ranma would be over a hundred year old," Phoebe did the math in her head. "Oh... his wife might be dead..."

"Fyro, who was Ranma married to?" Irma asked cutting straight to the heart of the matter.

Fyro appeared to think about it for a second before shrugging her shoulders. "Grandpa never said..."

"What about your father? He never spoke of Ranma's wife?" Phoebe asked the winged girl, he eyes lighting up with great interest on the current subject matter. She saw Ranma shift a bit uncomfortably from his position but ignored it.

"Well, Father said that Grandpa and Grandmother was the only true pairing and never talked about anyone else," Fyro replied apologetically scratching the back of her head.

"Like, Didn't Ranma have children or anything?" Irma asked curious herself.

"Grandpa did, but they died..." Fryo replied sadly again.

The three Cuckoo's gasped softly before looking at the pig-tailed boy shooting him comforting looks.

"Hey, no need for any of that, I mean that's just a future not like it's gonna happen now that we know right?" Ranma pointed out trying to get rid of the heavy feeling. Sure he might have had kids in the future and they might have died but they weren't his kids. He also intended to not let this future come to pass.

"Well, what DO we know?" Evan asked also feeling sorry for his friend. Turning to the girl he saw her sitting prime and proper. "Any idea how to prevent your future from coming to past?"

Fyro looked at the expectant group and shrugged her shoulders. "No idea."

"Well, what was the major event that started the War?" Evan asked looking at the girl hopefully.

"I don't know, I just know it started in 2016," Fyro replied with a shrug. "The War was all I ever known, at least until a day ago."

"A day ago?" Celeste asked looking at the girl from the future. "What happened a day ago?"

"A day ago was the final battle between the Free People and the Sentinels. We finally won," Fyro smiled proudly. "Then they sent the machine back and so I came back after it."

That worried the mutants, even Myst. If what Fyro said was true, that meant Fyro's future was inevitable if they did not find the exact moment everything went wrong. For all they know it could already be too late.

"So you don't know about the full details of the war?" Celeste asked this time a bit somberly.

"I'm afraid not," Fyro looked down apologetically. "I just wanted to make sure we had a fighting chance by protecting Grandpa."

"Ranma is that important?" Phoebe asked looking at the pig tailed boy in question.

"He's the most important person in the world," Fyro confirmed not noticing Ranma's uncomfortable shift in demeanor. "Without him, everybody would have been exterminated fifty years ago."

"What did he do?" Ranma asked surprising everyone. "I mean, what did my future self supposedly do exactly?"

Fyro looked at her grandfather as if debating if she should tell him. After a few seconds, she couldn't see the harm. Maybe this might help him become the man he was in the future. "Well I already told you about how he united the broken army of the resistance last night. From what I remembered, there were five main bases and four High Generals' during the first fifty years."

"Oh?" Evan asked interested. Maybe it was someone familiar. "You wouldn't happen to remember their name would you?"

"I believe the first High General was after thirty years of war by someone name LeBeau," Fyro furrowed her brows as if trying to remembered. She did not see the shocked look from Evan, Myst and the Cuckoos.

"High General LeBeau was killed during the America offensive five years later that ended with our main base destroyed and the army fleeing," Fyro tentatively ventured, not clear on the exact day. "The second High General was High General Richards, who lasted two years before he was killed during the battle for Beijing. Like the first high General, our bases were destroyed and our army was forced to flee for survival."

Once again, except for Ranma, the other mutants listen in fascinated horror.

"Do you know what this Richard's power was?" Evan asked quickly. "Like could he bend his hands and stuff?"

"I'm sorry," Fyro answered looking apologetic. "A lot of the information was lost and I never bothered to learn more."

"That's... okay," Ranma patted the girl on the shoulders. He himself wasn't that studious either.

"So who was the third?" Celeste asked curiously.

"The third High General was High General Abigail Stark, she was able to reform the army and gave us a better fighting chance," Fyro continued and smiled. "She died four years later in the Tibetan offensive. Our forces were crushed by the Sentinels and the majority of the army scattered to try and survived."

Ranma winced at the tales of defeat after defeat suffered by the resistance. He could see the others also looked unsettled by the story, but remained attentive.

"The Fourth High General to unite the remaining army was High General Trask," Fyro began again after a moment of silence and heard the other mutants gasp in surprised.

"Trask? Did did you say Trask?" Evan asked in disbelief, he was not the only one as he saw Myst also have turned into an unformed cloud while the three Cuckoo's looked on with a grimace.

"Yes, High General Trask, he build his head quarters in Europa and heavily fortified it," Fyro, no longer furrowing her brows having remembered the last general easier. "He gained us two notable victories in the Australia grid and India grid."

The mutants still looked on in disbelief that a descendent of the creator of the sentinels themselves was the High General.

"He died when the Europa fortress fell to the Sentinels and the majority of the army was wiped out," Fyro explained and grinned. "That's when Grandpa became the High General and we had been gaining grounds every since."

After Fyro's tale, the group remained silent before looking over to Ranma. Some of them with renewed respect in their eyes, making him feel a bit uncomfortable. While he knew he was good as far as Martial Arts goes, to be this High General and lead and unite people together? Him?

"So where was I the first fifty years?" Ranma asked, curiosity overriding his discomfort.

Fyro shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know, I asked but no one was able to give me a concrete answer and when I was under your command, the subject never came up, sorry."

"So who's your mother?" Celeste asked, looking at the new girl with respect. It must have been horrible to live in such a horrible time.

"Alaska Grey-Saotome!" Fyro proudly declare. "She was an orphan found in the northwestern grid sector of the Americas. She could mimic any Gif-mutant, ability. She mimicked Father's a lot, that enabled her to live longer. People say I got my green eyes and the red in my hair from her."

"You don't know for sure?" Ranma asked looking at his potential 'granddaughter'.

"I never met her," Fyro replied sadly. "She was killed right after she gave birth to me by an Omega Sentinel."

Everyone was silent for a while when Myst was the first one that moved over to the girl and gave her a solid hug before she dispersed into mist. A moment later the girl reformed and looked at Fyro with sad eyes. Even the normally haughty and mean Celeste gave the girl a slow hug in comfort.

"Where was Saffron?" Ranma asked looking at his 'granddaughter.'

"Father was at the frontline on another continent," Fyro explained regaining some of her cheer.

"Why wasn't he at home for your birth?" Ranma asked and began to hate his future self. "If I was the High General then, then surely I could have ordered him to stay home with his wife."

"You could have," Fyro agreed with a nod. "But you have never showed any favoritism when assigning tasks. You always sent the best person for the job, and we knew this."

"Saffron must hate me, I am surprise you don't..." Ranma shifted uncomfortably again hearing the girl's explanation. It was reasonable but was he so cold hearted in the future?

Fyro looked at the young man before her and smiled. Taking him quickly into her embrace she nuzzled him fondly. "Father had never spoken an ill word about you, I myself never blame you, you shouldn't blame yourself for something you never did."

"But..."

Fyro hugged her grandfather tighter. "It was you who came to save me that day you know, I did not find out until years later of course. General Myst told me that you tore your way through the Sentinels and stopped the Omega Sentinel before he could kill me. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be alive. It's my turn to protect you this time."

Ranma turned a bit red at her words, but eased out of her grip. Sensing the tense atmosphere, he decided to lighten it up the best way he knew how. Looking at the girl he smiled at her. "So... I guess that means you were taught by me?"

"Of course!" Fyro nodded and smiled, recognizing that look in her grandfather eyes. "I might not have been able to touch you then, but I think a younger weaker version of you should grant me an easy victory."

Ranma raise his eyebrow at the girls words highly offended. "Weaker? Is that a challenge?"

Fyro slowly walked a bit of a distance away and limbered up in front of the group. The girls looked on at the future mutant's figure enviously while Evan's eyes just feasted on the free eye candy.

Narrowing his eyes, Ranma stood up and cricked his neck from side to side as he walked toward the girl.

Fyro grinned upon seeing her grandfather assessing her seriously, something she rarely sees from him when they battle. This was going to be fun! Getting into a ready stance, she taunted her grandfather.

"Ready to lose old man?"

"O-Old man?" Ranma sputtered at being called such, but what really irked him was that it was the same tone he used for his own father.

"Oh quick rule, only martial skill only, no special moves, I quite like this area and don't want to burn it down, and first to score ten technical points wins," Fyro hastily added before nodding. Then she remembered looking at her grandfather. "Do you know what technical points are?"

"Are you kidding me?" Ranma asked even more offended. He was a martial artist of course he knew about the more sanitized version and point base system. He was going to bring this girl down a peg or two, trained by him or no.

"Ok good," Fyro grinned before she got into a ready stance, her wings unfurled in an aggressive manner.

"Myst, start the fight," Ranma relaxed showing no battle stance what so ever and saw that the girl across from him looked at him in annoyance. Saotome School 101, make them angry by not taking them seriously.

Myst nodded and raised her hand up and with a swift movement, brought it down. "Begin."

The moment Myst's arm swept down, Fyro rushed in quickly toward Ranma and aimed for Ranma's most vital spot. The one below the belt.

Ranma eyes widened, intending to keep his stance relaxed to asset the girl only to see the girl close the gap between them in an instant and punched him below the belt. It was only by years of reflex that let him block the girl's assault only to received an uppercut that sent him flying.

'What the fuck?'

Fyro smiled as she flaped her wings and collided into Ranma's back. Using the momentum, she rammed him into a nearby building wall.

Dazed from the attack, Ranma felt powerful punches hammered into his body before stopping. He felt a pair of hand grabbed him by the arms and turned him around to face them. After a moments he was able to refocused on the dirty fighter from the future.

"Yay! I finally won a round! That felt so good!"

"You fought dirty!" Ranma protested as he realize that the point she all strike him was standard points used in karate competition. However the only reply to his accusation was an even wider smile from the girl.

"You're the one that taught me to always aim below the belt if the guy opponent didn't take me seriously," Fyro smiled as she placed her grandfather on the ground.

Ranma blinked. "I... taught you to do that?"

"Yep! Future Grandpa said that if I do that, no matter what happens next time, they would take me seriously," Fyro recalled fondly.

Ranma didn't know what to think, only that he would take the girl seriously the next time. Still, losing even on technical points did not sit well with him. "So, want a rematch?"

"Not today, maybe three days from now," Fyro grinned seeing Ranma look put out. "Sorry, but that's what Future-Grandpa taught me, he said that milking an opponent's hurt pride like that tastes sweeter."

Ranma wanted to open his mouth, but couldn't deny that mental effectiveness. Already he was getting angsty to redeem himself. It wasn't even a real fight!

Fyro looked half afraid upon seeing Ranma's expression. She nearly relented but stopped herself. It's what her grandfather taught her.

"My future self is an asshole," Ranma concluded as he sent bad thoughts into the future. He really couldn't be too mad because those were good ways to pissed off opponents. It just so happened he was on the receiving end of it.

Before Ranma could say anything else, he spied a familiar figure walking toward him, with a familiar winged boy in tow.

"Ranma," Jean greeted her patient and then the rest of her students. "Fyro please don't do that again."

"What happened? What did she do?" Ranma asked looking at his mentor.

"You're mean!" Saffron pointed to Fyro who looked away scratching her chin. "You kicked me out of daddy's room and then tied me to my bed!"

Ranma blinked in surprised and stared at the girl from the future. "Why?"

Fyro let out nervous laugh before looking at the group. "Sorry Grandma, Father, but there was only enough room in Grandpa's bed for one!"

The Cuckoo's found themselves facefaulting to the ground, a habit they had picked up from Ranma. Thankfully they turned into diamonds so it didn't hurt that much.

Ranma picked himself off the ground and dusted his clothes. "So what's going on Jean?"

Jean grinned at Ranma, a semi predatory look in her eyes, enough to make the pigtailed boy nervous. "We need to go shopping for Fyro. She wearing my old clothes and since she has to protect you, you come along too."

Ranma eyes widened in horror as he saw the Cuckoos and Myst's eyes light up in delight. Evans had already ran shortly after Jean announced her intent.

"I don't have a choice do I?"

"Not this time no," Jean confirmed as she pat Ranma on his shoulders. "It was inevitable."

"I hate you."

TBC....

So yeah! Like I say info dump, wanted to show the adult reaction ,and then flesh out the details while planting Easter eggs with the children interaction. Anything that stands out too much? Feed back is appreciate.

Also Prime Sentinels are real, they were suppose to be scraped by S.H.I.E.L.D in canon but in this fic, I have a decent amount still on sleeper mode.
Vahn
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Re: Homo Superior 11 - Ranma/Xmen [Rough Draft]

Postby PCHeintz72 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:18 am

There was stunned silence as most of the adults looked at Ranma, now with new eyes. Jean herself couldn't help but feel that she was going to burst with pride. Sure the future was bleak from the way Fryo describe it, but to think that one of their students not only survived but united both humans and mutants together toward a common goal was more than they could have hoped for.

Ranma is technically not a true student, and Jean is not really his teacher per se...

"Who's your new friend? She's too old to be a student."

There is an age limit for Xavier's students?

"So you girls are up early, figure you'll be sending your week with Ms. Frost."

spending

Even she noticed got the innuendo right away as he looked pretty red in the face. Unsurprisingly, Ranma didn't get it.

Evan

"Yes, High General Trask, he build his head quarters in Europa and heavily fortified it,"

Bwahahaha... this mistake is in multiple places... I doubt Trask had his base on a moon of Jupiter.

Fyro let out nervous laugh before looking at the group. "Sorry Grandma, Father, but there was only enough room in Grandpa's bed for one!"

Ha ha... I finally figured out whom she has reminded me of...

Mayuka Masaki Jurai.

The supposed future born daughter of Tenchi and Ryoko... though in reality it was a genetic lab combination of Tenchi's DNA and a demon known as Yuzuka...

I love the 'General Myst' bit.

Not really a fan of Terminator.

Surprised Ranma did not mention he knew people 300 years old (thus explaining lack of surprise at a 140+ year old Ranma)

Surprised Ranma did not mention the nanban mirror time travel incident.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:25 am

Well, I would certainly hope that there's a good explanation for Ranma's seeming uninvolvement/absence up until he became the High General.

Also, I imagine that Fyro has a good idea about how sentinels operate and communicate, so mightn't she be worried about what a sentinel from the future might do with ones from the past? Heck, I imagine that quite a few people from the present would be able to suspect the possibility that it could produce more advanced sentinels than what's available at present, if it's smart enough to not attack Ranma because of the odds against it. I'd have a hard time believing that Fyro made it as a commander if she were too derelict in providing vital information. At the very least, for this situation, I would expect someone to give her a proper debriefing to try and learn something useful, since there doesn't seem to be any issue with causing a paradox and whatnot.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:39 am

Crescent Pulsar S wrote:Well, I would certainly hope that there's a good explanation for Ranma's seeming uninvolvement/absence up until he became the High General.

Also, I imagine that Fyro has a good idea about how sentinels operate and communicate, so mightn't she be worried about what a sentinel from the future might do with ones from the past? Heck, I imagine that quite a few people from the present would be able to suspect the possibility that it could produce more advanced sentinels than what's available at present, if it's smart enough to not attack Ranma because of the odds against it. I'd have a hard time believing that Fyro made it as a commander if she were too derelict in providing vital information. At the very least, for this situation, I would expect someone to give her a proper debriefing to try and learn something useful, since there doesn't seem to be any issue with causing a paradox and whatnot.

We were never told he was inactive, only he was not in charge, and it was by someone whom has not been told the details of the early days.

It actually makes sense. In the earlier days, there would have been more mutants and more government left around. I doubt indeed either side would have trusted Ranma.

As things got more desperate, I could see them all rallying around someone whom was neither normal nor a mutant/gifted, someone whom could be trusted by both sides more than the opposite side.

I can see a couple ways Ranma and Fryo would be genetically related still.

The main sticking point I disliked about terminator and here though is even were the terminator/sentinel succeed, it would not change the outcome of the future they originated from but splinter it into another temporal reality. This is less obvious with terminator, but more so with X-Men. We have the evidence in front of us in this story alone in the fact Bishop is present.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Vahn » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:59 am

@ CP PC nailed it on the dot. She only was told certain info, when you are fighting a war on that level well. What you expect. Also she became a Commander yes but she's not professional military in the traditional sense. SHe was trained by Ranma so she have ability and skills but maybe not foresight. Although in did have the scene where she stayed back when Ranma leave to give more of a debriefing to the adults.

@PC I guess I should change Europa to Europe, was trying show that the land name changed with the time also. As for the splinter time, I believe for X-men it has to actually be a big enough difference for it to split. If not they would end up in the same exact future with only minor cosmetic differences. So for now, Fyro has no idea what was the catalyst that started off the war, something that was different from Rachael who actually stopped the Event, the assassination of Senator Kelly and Cable trying his damnest to kill Apocalypse in the here and now.

So using the template, keep the leader alive. :D

I will make the corrections thanks PC. For the age part, I believe the teen are in a group and the ones over 18 are into the Elites or sent somewhere else from the Xavier school.

As for the mentioning of Ranma. The way I wrote it, Beast said that Ranma would be too old to be of much use. But Fyro chimed in right away stroking Ranma ego. So there no need for Ranma to toot his own horn so to speak.
Vahn
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:41 am

True pairing? Don't tell me Ranma married Akane.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Atlan » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:47 am

Solid gold update.

The one thing I think is missing is more Myst. After all, Ranma was kinda psyched to learn about how awesome HE was gonna be- you'd think Myst would be too. Not only does she become a General (as well as just about the only person confirmed to survive to the end of the war) but she's also gonna be able to talk properly when she gets older. I can't help but think that she should react more to this news.
The Banana, the Atheist's Nightmare:

God made it with a non-slip surface, a color coded system so we know when to eat it, and an easy open tab at the top of the banana. It's just the right shape for a mouth and is easy to digest!!
Atlan
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:51 am

PCHeintz72 wrote:We were never told he was inactive, only he was not in charge, and it was by someone whom has not been told the details of the early days.

Vahn wrote:@ CP PC nailed it on the dot. She only was told certain info, when you are fighting a war on that level well. What you expect.

If that's the case, then the part quoted below needs a subtle change to convey something along those lines more clearly, because that's not what I get from it. The impression I get is that Ranma is such a non-entity before becoming High General that he must have either been twiddling his thumbs or doing something so secret and important during all of that time that he'd never put in enough effort into fighting the sentinels for anyone to have knowledge of his activities up until around the time of becoming High General. (Or, if he was fighting the sentinels in secret, not having enough impact to be noticed.)

"So where was I the first fifty years?" Ranma asked, curiosity overriding his discomfort.

Fyro shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know, I asked but no one was able to give me a concrete answer and when I was under your command, the subject never came up, sorry."
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:57 am

As for the splinter time, I believe for X-men it has to actually be a big enough difference for it to split. If not they would end up in the same exact future with only minor cosmetic differences. So for now, Fyro has no idea what was the catalyst that started off the war, something that was different from Rachael who actually stopped the Event, the assassination of Senator Kelly and Cable trying his damnest to kill Apocalypse in the here and now.

Blinks... really?

If that sentinal succeeds, then Ranma no longer being in charge is not a big enough change? A person described as the most important person in the future. The man whom directed the entire war for over 50 years and produced another general by training...

Him being gone not enough of a impact to not make a splinter? That would be like killing Kirk before his first 5 year mission in star trek... massive changes to that universe would not even begin to describe it.

Sorry, having a hard time with that.

Still, your story. We can agree to disagree on that front.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Vahn » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:58 am

Dumbledork wrote:True pairing? Don't tell me Ranma married Akane.

She said Grandma and Grandpa, with Grandma being Jean. So Saffron her father said that was the Only True Pairing. It tweaking the pro Ranma/Jean ship. Which is inappropriate given their age difference. I mean a hot teacher going for her younger student? Who does that? :P

@ CP

So what would suggest I change that quote to? Give more info on what Ranma was doing?

@ Att

Thanks! AS for Myst, she have to keep control or else she disperse. She could be happy but is still unable to portray emotion correctly. So it is mostly flat monotone.

@PC

I know right. X-Men logic. XD
Vahn
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:02 am

Vahn wrote:@ CP

So what would suggest I change that quote to? Give more info on what Ranma was doing?

You don't have to change it in specific, so long as more information is provided somewhere else at some point, regarding Ranma's activities. After all, this is about what she knows here; it just so happens to be a source of insight, whether a reader realizes/assumes it or not. However, unless there's nothing provided later, perhaps saying that what she did learn came from at least one sources who seemed reluctant or reserved to say what they knew, as that would at least suggest that Ranma was doing something during that time, rather than doing nothing of consequence for so long.

Basically, my issue is that there shouldn't be such a big question mark about what Ranma was doing for so long. Just poke the readers' thoughts in the right direction so they don't jump straight to how unbelievable it seems for Ranma to not be involved in any of that for so long.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:00 am

PCHeintz72 wrote:Surprised Ranma did not mention he knew people 300 years old (thus explaining lack of surprise at a 140+ year old Ranma)

Surprised Ranma did not mention the nanban mirror time travel incident.

Because neither of those things happen in the manga?

Honestly this OC isn't very interesting at all nor does her personality even fit with the timeline she comes from unless she's brain damaged. Further compounded by her knowledge of late 20th century movies when she's from over 100 years in the future where such a war has actually happened. Oooh she's from a matrix/terminator future.... boring.

She should at least be dissapointed with what she finds in Ranma. Never meet your heroes and all that. If he really is the future leader he wouldn't act or have much of the qualities he currently has. From larger than life version to some teenager still hemming and hawing over letting Akane go.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby Blackcat101 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:35 am

Again, I don't see the point in this OC, she fails as a parody and as a character is quite boring. Also, you could at least say that Ranma had been training the armies for those 50 years, since it fits something he would do, maybe he was special ops?
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Postby digitalzombie » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:07 am

My initial thoughts was in general it was a very enjoyable fic nothing like an info dump that OP has stated.

The other two users have stated that the OC was lacking. I can see their point but to me at least there is potential in plot and I thought the OC was interesting enough to be enjoyable.

But I think the point about OC's lacking have some merit. I've thought Beak and Myst wasn't well interact in general or more so in general most character really. So far it's currently plot driven for these few chapters and I do enjoy it a lot but felt there was always something missing. The relevation that Myst could talk in the future didn't do anything for me. I wasn't emotionally invest in Myst to begin with when she was hardly written about.

Character development ? Perhaps, but the chapter with Akane and Ranma falling out I felt bored to death, and that was totally Ranma's character dev but the chapter after when it ties things together was very enjoyable. I think, in my opinion, Vahn's jumps deep into plot driven or character development with main character without the balance of the two. Also the other characters really ends up in the background for me at least, except for Jean, Jean is decent but still all of the characters felt like they were there for just Ranma sake. I'm like the last person to give any clue how to fix it but that's just how I feel. This feeling though is more in the back of my head not something major for me at least.

Regardless of all of these criticisms of mine, I find myself eagerly awaiting the next installment of this series like all of Vahn's other Ranma 1/2 crossover works.

edit:

All sorry more criticism >____<.

I thought everybody finding new found respect for Ranma cause he did something in the future was irking. It's like a freebie, he didn't earn it yet and felt as if it's something along the line of a power up. I think it would be more enjoyable if he earn it via working it. Instead of said future self >___<.

Of course this is just a personal preference. I have weird taste.
digitalzombie
Senshi Candidate

Postby Vahn » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:20 pm

@Law, BC and Digital. Since the three of address the same concerns but digital actually gave a more in depth analysis I figure I hit it all in one go.

The things that Law find sticking out in terms of her attitude and knowledge has already been hinted at, the answer is all in there fic that the readers could deduce for themselves.

As for OC fail or not the response I received from her thus far has been positive. It's true she's lacking but that is on purpose. My rule of thumb involving OC of any kind I make is that they are all canon fodder. That is the only thing OC's are good for. I would never like an OC take the limelight that actual canon character could have. You guys are right in that they are back ground characters with Fyro serving as a plot device than anything else. She has her own personality but it will hinted at not shown in depth on.

As for Digital thing about Myst being able to talk as a big deal. It really wasn't in my mind when I wrote it. To me, something like that just is not a major event. She also well liked enough but the fact that she now has greater control over her mutation in the future should come as no big surprise.

As how no one else comes to mind beside Ranma, it's true. Since the X-Men universe and Ranma cast is so big, I decided to go with a very tight narrative focus on Ranma to move the story along. If the characters are not in Ranma orbit, they do not get shown. I also did not give Ranma any co-star or leading lady on purpose. This is Ranma trek through the mutant community and by extension later on, the marvel universe. I shown the pertinent characters like Saffron, Akane and kept Ryoga on the back burner until I had use for him. But for this fic, I decided not to show any other point of view otherwise it would get too bloated with me going one step forward and two step back. Ranma is the protagonist and the world of marvel and Ranma is the antagonist.

It's different from what I usually do but hey, it's something I wanted to try. So far the response have been, for the most part, overwhelmingly positive. The only nit pick that people really had was Ranma/Akane is the Only True Pairing and I broke em up.

As for the writing flow, you are right in what I do Digital. The arc either go from a lull and then builds up to a crescendo or start off with a violent bang, like the last chapter, and enter into a lull like this chapter.

Is there something lacking? Sure it's other view points, other co-stars, more character and cast ensemble but I don't want to muddle it and make it bigger than it has to be. If someone want to take this idea and run with it, fleshing it out even more than I'd be happy. But that's just the style I am going with for this fic. ^_^

Hope that make sense!

All and All i really appreciate all the feed back :D Thank you!
Vahn
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Next

Return to Stories and C&C