Homo Superior 4 - Ranma/Xmen [Rough Draft]

This is for posting Fiction and C&C replies ONLY. Note this does not have to be a "fukufic" or even fanfiction. All completed /ready-for0review longform creative writing allowed. No posting of individual scenes; that is what the Outlines and Scenes section is for.Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Homo Superior 4 - Ranma/Xmen [Rough Draft]

Postby Vahn » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:02 pm

So like usual this is the first cut, those that see the finish product and the first cut can tell that I have tweaked several things around in the final draft. So everything here is changeable. Things that I wanted to addressed here mainly is the build up to the final chapter of the Orientation Arc which is just one more chapter.

So without further adieu, first cut of Orientation.

Homo Superior

Orientation: Part Three

**** Next Day, Xavier Institute for Higher Learning ****

It was a brand new day at the Xaiver Co-Ed Dormitory as the student body were hurriedly getting ready for school. The bathrooms were filled to capacity, the showers were all in use, there were lines for both boys and girls in queue. For the lucky ones that got all of their morning hygienic care out of the way, there remained only one task.

Breakfast.

From the top of the floor three people could be seen walking down the steps talking animatedly with one another. Several student appeared to gave them a wide berth while the rest where just rushing pass them uncaring of who they were.

“You would have had a chance Myst if you didn't let me buy up all four of your railroads,” Beak consoled the mist -like girl walking on the other side of his roommate.

“Mistakes,” Myst acknowledge before looking over at the person between them. “Gloating.”

“Yeah yeah, ya kick my ass,” Ranma grumbled as he shoved his hand deeper into his pocket. “Happy?”

“So-Sorry, Ranma,” Beak sheepishly looked away from the pig tailed boy who was dressed in some sort of kung fu outfit. It was a different look from the jeans and t-shirt he wore yesterday. “But I think with time you could improve!”

“Impossible,” Myst chimed up with a shake of her lead looking at Ranma. “Bad.”

Ranma stiffen as if struck, Myst words cutting straight to the point. Apparently he was not only bad at gambling but board games as well and it had to do with finances to boot! He bet Nabiki could have destroyed Beak and Myst.

Beak saw Ranma dejected expression and pat him on the back. It was then he saw some of the student looking oddly at him. Upon further glances they seem to be focused on Ranma. Straining his ears he could pick up a few titbits of conversation.

“What the, isn't that the mutant hater? Why is Beak..”

“Weird, shouldn't Beak and Myst be kind of freaking him out?”

“Nah man, Myst ate lunch with him yesterday, but then she's always been odd.”

“You sure he's racist? Cause he doesn't look very hate mongering right now.”

Looking around, Beak noticed that it was only a few students that said that and those that did appeared to duck away from his gaze when he spot them. Look at his roommate again, he could not imagine the person that he played Monopoly last night with could ever be label a human supremacist. He wondered how that rumor could have been started.

“Morning guys,” Evan Daniels Munroe greeted the trio with a yawn as he made his way to the boys bathroom on the ground level.

“Sup man!” Ranma grinned in greeting while next to him Myst simply fluctuated for a bit and waved.

“H-hi?!” Beak replied not sure if he could or should chimed in or not, he wasn't a friend of Spyke but then again, he wasn't a friend of anyone. Unfortunately by the time he replied the boy was long gone.

Walking, or in Myst case, floating, the trio made their way out of the Co-Ed dormitory and toward the Cafeteria.

Ranma noticed that Beak was struggling to keep up with the pace he had set and ease back slowly. “Figure those chicken legs of yours would be faster.”

Beak looked up sharply at Ranma comment. He heard those words before, only they were use to cruelly make fun of him both by non-mutants and the good looking mutants around here. Yet unlike those that made fun of him to bully him, the grin plaster on his friend face let him know that it was anything but malicious.

“Beak?” Ranma query again only to see the bird like boy seem to be in deep thoughts. Shrugging his shoulders he turned around to see Myst floating close to him. Looking ahead, he could see the cafeteria was already half full. He caught the few odd glance here and there whispered into their hands while looking at him but he didn't care. His new policy right now was that they can all kiss his ass. Teacher and present company excluded.

“Ranma!”

The background noise that had been permeating outside of the cafeteria suddenly start as the older students recognized that voice. It was Sybil. True enough the pretty blonde furred cat girl rushed over to the boy that had discriminated against her. Shocking many.

“Oh hey, sup Sybil or do you want me to call you Feral?” Ranma asked Feral stopped in front of them.

“You can call me either or,” Sybil said happily as she noticed Ranma two companion and gave a wider smile. “Good morning Myst, Beak.”

Beak had to squawked a bit at being greeted. Sybil was one of the more popular girls in school, both because she was pretty and because she was friendly. That a girl like that greeted him with such a beatific smile made him feel as if he was on cloud nine. He returned her smile, best as he could, with a goofy one of his own.

“Feral.” Myst greeted back amicably.

“Hmmm Sybil is good then?” Ranma asked as he saw the girl stood in front of him looking pretty cute in yellow dress with ruffle straps exposing her furred shoulders. He did a double take a minute later when he realized he thought a cat was cute.

“That's fine!” Sybil smiled even brighter before turning to the cafeteria. “Let's get breakfast shall we and if I finished early enough I can give you a tour of the school before class starts.”

“Sure,” Ranma said as he walked inside the cafeteria with his two friend in tow.

“Hey, what the hell? Is that Sybil with the normie?!”

“Wait wait, I thought Sybil was chased away by this guy for being a mutant?!”

“Chase? I heard he went after her with a knife and try to stab her!”

“What? No way!”

“Way, why else you think she was missing yesterday? She had to get treatment for her cut!”

“Does that look like someone that has a problem with mutants to you?”

“Look at them chatting it up as if nothing happened.”

“Fuck... don't tell me it was a misunderstanding.”

“....” Ranma had fallen silent and pretty much tuned Sybil out as she was telling him the history of the school. He picked up those little snippet of conversation and had to viciously smirked at the dumb asses.

“I'm sorry,” Sybil said suddenly as her cat hearing had also picked up the snippets. Was it because of her that Ranma reputation in the gutter?

Sensing what she was sorry about, Ranma shrugged his shoulder at the cat girl. “Don't matter to me, lets eat!”

“Ignorance.” Myst stated as she calmly got in line behind Ranma, followed by Sybil then Beak.

Ranma saw Sybil turned to make small chat to a blushing red Beak and hid a smile. Looks like his roommate has as crush. Although, she's a cat, and he's a bird... does that meant she viewed him as food?!! He thought in alarm before he spotted Akane eating with her sponsor.

Akane as if sensing eyes on her turned around to look at Ranma shaking her head in a disappointed manner at him. A second later she spotted the cat girl behind him and eyes widen in alarm and pointed frantically at the girl to him.

Grinning at his new found freedom he deliberately turned around to Sybil, well aware that Akane was starting to turn as white a sheet. Why he could evens noticed that she was starting to go into panic mode. Reaching out slowly he tapped Sybil on her shoulders as her back was turned to him.

Akane let out a loud whimper as Ranma saw the cat girl and then patted her on her shoulder. To her confusion he simply wave to the perplexed Cat-Girl!

“Are ya alright Kane?” Rogue asked in alarmed at the girl under her care. Turning around she saw Sybil who looked happy again as usual and that new boy, Ran- something. “Oh hey, that's Sybil with friend ain't it?”

“What?!”

Ranma heard Akane loud shout and saw the people in her surrounding area turned to look at her making her turn red in embarrassment. He saw his fiancee head darting back and forth between him and his guide rapidly, the expression on her face one of pure disbelief.

“Yes Ranma?” Sybil asked waiting for the reason why Ranma called her, the pig tailed boy simply waved at her. Naturally she waved back in confusion even as he turned back around.

Ranma was feeling immensely smug at having shown up Akane as the girl appeared to be rapidly talking with her guide and gesturing in his direction. Looking around he did not see Ryoga anyway. With any luck, the pile of rocks had gotten himself lost and never to be found again!

After having gotten his breakfast, Ranma friends and guide was sitting at a table. Surprisingly enough, unlike yesterday several of the students at that table did not move at all.

“Wow, Ranma, can you really eat all of that?” Beak asked in awe at his friend appetite which dwarf his own by a considerable margin.

Feral also had a larger then normal portion but mainly due to her mutation and nature. She needed meat and lots of it.

“No sweat, Wolverine told me not to hold back,” Ranma replied as he eye his pile of food which was twice of what he ate yesterday. Since Wolverine gave him the okay pass to eat as much as he'd like, he was going to take full advantage of that generosity. He was glad that some of the bigger students appeared to grab even more food then him making him look relatively normal by comparison.

“See, I told you he was color blind.”

The moment Ranma heard that voice he knew it was that girl again. The other blonde in the triplet. Turning around he saw the three girls sauntering their way up to his table catching a lot of the boys attention before stopping in front of him.

Beak was in heaven, it was the top beauties of the school, the Stepford Cuckoos! He gazed at them with a dreamy expression.

“What's with the kung fu clothes?” the one blonde in the middle asked.

“Celeste,” Ranma made eye contact with her to let her know in no uncertain terms that he would tolerate any mind probing. How Ranma knew it was Celeste? It was because of the mini bandage that was still on her forehead. Turning to the girl on the left he had to correct her again. “And I am not color blind!”

“It's okay,” Phoebe cooed in a sympathetic tone before taking a seat next to the pig tailed boy. Next to her, her two sister also took seats drawing attentions to themselves. “Like I said, it's nothing to be ashamed of!”

“Arggghhh!” Ranma choked out before a giggle from Sybil grabbed his attention.

Celeste, who was now defacto leader of the group looked over to Feral and tilted her head. “I see you no longer have a problem with him?”

“The name is Ranma,” Ranma interjected flatly but the middle blonde simply turned away from him.

“It was all a major misunderstanding on my part!” Sybil said apologetically while looking over at Ranma. She guessed she was just overly sensitive to that type of reaction.

“What is going on here?”

Turning around Ranma saw it was that guy Flooze or something with his gator pals looking between him and Feral in disbelief.

“Why are you sitting with the fla-I mean normine?”the boy asked Sybil completely disregarding Ranma.

“Why not? I'm his guide,” Sybil replied in a friendly manner.

“But- I, didn't he, like do bad stuff to you or something? Called you names and stuff?” the boy and his two strong friend were now looking extremely confused.

Sybil appeared shocked wondering just how badly Ranma reputation was tarnish by the rumor milled. “No he didn't! Ranma never said an unkind word to me!” She defended her charge. As far as she was so concerned base on what she was told, he never did say an unkind word to her, it was just a natural reaction to fear.

“Wh- wha? Really?” the boy asked Sybil insistently again.

Sybil in turn could only nodded sincerely.

The boy expression looked confused, lost, then looked back to Ranma, a guilty expression on his face. Swallowing hard he opened his mouth. “He-hey, umm, normie-- look, about, yesterday... umm..”

Ranma blinked a few time at what he was seeing here. There was actual guilt in the boy eyes and his two lackeys. Was he admitting he was wrong for yesterday? Someone, admitting they were wrong when they attacked him? Preposterous! Yet here it was.

“I.. umm, I'm sorry ya know. I didn't know....”

Shaking his head he look at the boy and sighed. “Look no harm no foul alright?” Ranma compromised.

“H-Hey thanks man, you're pretty cool about it,” the boy said before leaving from the table chatting with his two friend about what they did yesterday.

“What was that about?” Sybil asked curiously.

“Oh that? They tried picking a fight with me yesterday,” Ranma began and saw the look of horror on Sybil face before grinning cockily. “But they failed.”

“Yeah, you were pretty strong, I don't believe you are a normal human at all,” Phoebe said reasonably before taking a sip of milk from her straw. “I mean, you took out Croc with one punch, that's pretty muntant-y to me.”

“Yah.” Irma nodded in agreement from the Celeste other side.

Sybil then looked over to Ranma in surprised and started to scanned the boy with her eyes. They told her he was a normal human. “You took out Croc with one punch?”

“Meh,” Ranma shrugged as he began to polish of the rest of his food. “Wasn't that hard. His defense was wide opened and his punch was sloppy to begin with.”

“D-doesn't he have tough skins?” Beak finally was able to gain the confidence to talk amoung all these pretty girls.

“Hmm, I guess,” Ranma said speculatively before chugging his drink. “But it wasn't anything special, I've hit tougher.”

“I swear you eat like a pig,” Celeste observed the pig tailed boy. “I mean how do you even eat all of that? You have a normal body type.”

To everyone surprise Ranma demeanor seem to take a hint as he hunched onto himself and grumbled something about wishing his body was normal. The girls all had to agreed, as far as body goes, Ranma was not half bad.

“So why is someone Japanese wearing a Chinese outfit?” Irma asked the now gloomy looking boy.

“Eh, Picked it up in China. Liked it,” Ranma explain after renewing his confidence. The way the three girls eyed him critically seem to be worse then the way Nabiki usually eye him for profit.

“Well you look like one of those geeky cos-player with that one,” Celeste pointed out, her two sister naturally agreed with her.

“Co-cosplayer?” Ranma eyebrow twitched at the commentary but let it slide.

Any further conversation was cut off when a soft commotion began at the entrance to the cafeteria entrance.

“Oh wow, it's the elites!”

“Look at Julian, he's so dreamy!”

“One of these days, I am gonna ask Wallflower out.”

“Laurie's holding down the fort I see.”

“Wonder how many mission they have been on so far.”

Ranma turned around just in time to see a group of teens in yellow and pink uniform enter the building. Among them he could spot a guy with red wings, some guy that looked like he was made out of gold, followed a tall black guy with yellow shades on. Behind him was a pretty blonde girl with an easy smile chatting it up with a blue hair Japanese girl. Further back was a pony tailed brunette with a confident look about her talking with a normal looking brown haired boy that seem to keep to himself and finally a handsome boy with slight long hair walking with confidant arrogance. The last person in the group seem to scanned the crowd and basked in the admiration of his peers.

There was a collective sigh at Ranma table making him glance at his table mates and saw the same dreamy eye expression on most of the girls. The Cuckoos were clearly attracted to the last guy, the way Myst was starting at him, her complexion turning redder spoke volume, and even Feral seem to be giving out a low purr that would normally scare him.

“Yum,” Phoebe stated bluntly as she eye the last guy physique from head to toe. It didn't hurt that he was wearing a skin tight suit.

As if sensing the stares from Ranma's table, the handsome boy in question turned around and gave a charming smile in their direction, eliciting another sighed. It was then the boy eyes fell onto Ranma and there appeared to be a curious lit to it.

“So who are they suppose to be?” Ranma asked curiously, seeing that the group carried themselves proudly. There were signs that they were training of some kind but nothing too intensive.

“They're X-men in training, the elite students at this school,” Sybil answered, finally tearing her gaze away from the last boy and focus back on Ranma. “They get access to the Danger Room, and sent on real missions, with a supervisor of course.”

“That's a big deal?” Ranma inquired as he looked at the uniform students who clearly commanded the respect of most of the room by now.

“Yeah! Of course!” Phoebe chimed in after having visually feasted to her heart content. “We are in such a team ourselves you know.”

Now that did surprised Ranma as he turned to look at the three sisters. “Really? You three?”

“Yeah, Our adviser is Ms. Frost, the most powerful telepath at this school,” Irma declared proudly.

“I thought it was Jean or the Professor?” Ranma rebutted. That seem to take some of the winds from the triplet sails.

“Well....I mean, it's debatable,” Celeste grudgingly conceded. “When Ms. Frost use to be their enemy she got the jump on Jean and the Professor several times.”

“Except, she always ended up losing too,” Sybil gently reminded the triplet and smirked a bit. “The X-men always defeated Ms. Frost.”

“But not initially!” Phoebe countered quickly. “It usually takes something going wrong for Ms. Frost to lose.”

“Anyway!” Irma injected quickly before they turn into who's the most powerful telepath debate. She turned to Ranma and smiled. “We received special training and get to use the Danger Room too, along with Cerebro!”

From the looks on Sybil, Myst and Beak faces, that was indeed something special.

“So you three goes on missions too?” Ranma inquire looking at the girls and had to add a few notches of respect mentally for the girls.

“Yep, but we can't talk about it, very hush hush,” Celeste replied smugly. She was a bit irked that other then nodding, Ranma did not seem that impressed. Doesn't he realize how huge of a deal it was to go on missions?

Anything else they wanted to say was interrupted when the clock bell chime letting them know it was only a few minutes until class time.

+++ First Period+++

To Ranma surprise, the blond hair professor that was there yesterday was not seen. Instead in his place was a female that look similar to the male.

“Okay then, my name is Paige Guthrie, and yes before anyone asked, I am Sam's sister,” The pretty blonde informed the class. “Now let's see what Sam have you guys working on yesterday...”

As the teacher began her lesson, which, to his amusement was about how to file paperwork correctly he noticed that the class mood seem to be less oppressive then yesterday. In fact, unlike the dirty looks from yesterday, most of those same student was giving him questioning looks or sneaking another peak at him from the corner of their eye.

“Right, now you might look down on how to file these damn paper work but I tell you, the best way to doctor paper works is if you know what form look like what, that can be the difference between a real live invitation from S.H.I.E.L.D.S and an ambushed by Hydra. Now some of you might...”

Ranma furiously try to take notes but suddenly felt an incoming projectile heading his way. Tilting his head made the paper missed by along mile and fell harmlessly to the ground.

“Now sometime, we might seem like we are getting in trouble with the law, but that's not always the case, Brotherhood and other members have been known to doctor their paper works to make law enforcement help them. However, this is how you can tell that they are all fake, first you must...”

Not ten minutes pass by since the first attack that a second projectile was headed for him. Titling his head a bit, a folded triangle shape paper sailed by him and smacked once more onto the floor.

“A.I.M like to use cops for their purposes, they usually go with local law enforcement, that's A.I.M as in Advance...”

“Psst.”

Ranma stopped his note writing and looked to his side where a red hair boy was trying to get this attention discretely. 'What?' Ranma mouthed silently.

The boy in question look at the teacher before slipping a little yellow note to Ranma.

Curious, Ranma unfolded the paper and saw a question was written on it.

'I thought you had a problem with Sybil?!'

Realization dawned on Ranma of the implication of this letter. When they thought he was anti-mutant, they were hostile and he couldn't blame em. He's of the same principle that only fools turn the other cheeks. Unless they are your fiancee. Now, having obviously been seen in her company at breakfast and she had escorted him personally to home room, he realize their hatred have been replaced by blatant curiosity.

'I never did. That was a misunderstanding.'

Having scribble it to the best of his ability, Ranma hand whipped out incredibly quickly and placed the paper back on the red hair boy desk.

“Now, Hydra, or rather, Madam Hydra likes paper work too and often time gives her lackey orders on paper work with hydra seal. That is what we call a dumb ass move because...”

Ranma sensed the incoming motion first and saw the red hair boy hand stretched from the floor to his desk before retracting to it's normal length leaving a note on his desk again. Opening it again, Ranma read it's content.

'Oh Em Gee! Are you serious?!'

It took Ranma a moment to decipher the idiom used by the note writer by replied with a simple yes before handing the letter back. No sooner had he handed the letter then another one arrive a few minutes later.

'Damn it, I feel like an asshole, sorry!'

Ranma grinned at the note and replied.

'Don't worry about it, misunderstanding happen all the damn time with me. It's nothing new.'

By the time he sent the last note off the bell had rung and he stood up and headed out from class only to be greeted by Sybil.

“Hey Ranma, I heard you missed out on Chem yesterday because no one would take you there,” Sybil said in apologetic tone.

“Yeah, it's not a big deal,” Ranma console the girl. “You can take me there now?”

“Great!” Sybil replied happily as she lead Ranma to the his next class.

“Ranma!”

Said boy in question stopped immediately in his track upon hearing the voice of the girl who uttered it.

“Akane?”

Turning around Ranma saw Akane was with two of her friends, one of them was the Japanese girl from before and another was an Arabic girl with a cowl or shaw over her head. Slowly he saw her walking up to him look between Sybil and himself. Mentally he groan at the fact that she would be the type to mistake something was going on between them. To his surprise, she didn't look all that angry.

“Ranma...is this... the girl?”

Ranma could tell that Akane was having a hard time grasping the concept of him standing next to a cat girl without freaking out. Nodding, he gesture to a curious Sybil.

“This is the girl I had the... misunderstanding with...”

Akane looked struck before trying to find the words. “How is this even possible? I mean aren't you af-... you know...”

A glare from Ranma let him know that she shouldn't just reveal his secret out of the blue. Surprising enough she actually did conceded to his wish.

“I got... help from the Professor for it,” Ranma said tapping at his head to hint to Akane who helped him.

Any hostility that Akane had harbor for Ranma dissipated immediately. “Ah! I... right... that's great. Umm... I, have to go to class now, do you think...”

Anything else she might have said was cut off as the bell rung signaling that class was about to began.

“Oh no! Ranma, we have to hurry!” Sybil urged as she grabbed Ranma by his wrist and yanked him away.

Ranma groaned as Akane saw that gesture and jealousy flared up in her eyes. He really felt he did not need such a headache right now and happily matched his pace to a surprised Feral.

“Oh, you're a pretty decent runner,” Sybil commented as she let go of his arms and she sped to his next classroom.

Soon enough, Ranma was pushed inside a new class and came face with face with Dr. Hank McCoy, the blue beast from the other day.

“Ah, Mr. Saotome, so glad of you to join us!” Beast smiled politely before asking Ranma to take a seat. To his surprise or detriment. The only available seat was last one he'd ever want to take.

“Ranma,” Ryoga hissed silently under his breath glaring at the pig tailed boy.

“Pig-Brea, oh wait, you can't turn into a pig anymore can you rocky?” Ranma taunted softly underneath his breath at seeing the formerly pig-boy bristle.

“I dunno what kind of trick you are using on that poor gir-”

“Ahem! Mr. Saotome, Mr. Hibiki, please, this is class time, pay attention,” Beast singled out the now two embarrassed boys much to the amusement of the class. Before he turned around he lightly tapped his ear to let the two know about his advance hearing.

Ironically enough class passed by relatively calmly in despite the hostility between the two boys.

“Well, looks like we are out of time, off you go to your next class then,” Beast said just as the bell rung.

“This isn't over Ranma,” Ryoga threaten underneath his breath.

“Bring it rubble,” Ranma taunted but was surprise when a pink portal opened up in front of him and out came that pink skinned girl.

“Hey Ryoga, ready for your next class?” Blink asked with a friendly smile.

Ryoga suddenly blushed and nodded docilely.

Blink gave Ryoga a winning smile again before tossing a pink ball that expanded into a portal to another class room. “In you go!”

Ryoga obediently obeyed and was followed by Blink, moments after they entered the portal collapsed upon itself.

“Figures,” Ranma scoffed at Ryoga latest crush, although he had to admit, if there was one person that could keep up with Ryoga, it would be a girl that can find him no matter where he's was; walking out he saw Feral rebounded off the wall and landed in front of him gracefully.

“Whew, made it in time!”

Ranma had to smile at the girl attitude. “Come on, I think I know where the next class is too, let's see if I can remember it.”

“Nope, no time for memory, let's go,” Feral responded before tugging at Ranma shoulders for him to follow her.

Third Period to Ranma was much like the other day before, however to his surprise Celeste didn't seem to make a big of a fuss like yesterday. Although, Ranma was beginning to noticed the start of a pattern.

“And that is why he is the biggest asshole Mutankind has ever known.”

No sooner had Caliban finished his speech did the bell rung much to the relief of the student.

“Man, Apocalypse, this, Apocalypse that, I wish he teach something else! Anything else!”

“Could be worse, he could be like Wolverine and go on and on about Magneto.”

“Ugh!”

“Wanna head to P.E together since we share the same one?” Celeste asked Ranma out of the blue much to the pig tailed boy surprised.

“Huh what?”

“P.E, wanna got together?” Celeste offered before sighing. “Forget it.”

“Who wha?” Ranma asked stunned. He couldn't be sure but that sounded like a friendly offer. There also didn't seem to be any hidden motive behind it. It left him conflicted even as Sybil arrived to bring him to his next class.

“Let's see, I believe you guys have indoors P.E today,” Sybil said looking a sheet of paper and handed it to Ranma. “Here your new schedule, it's like your old one except for your mentoring. I believe you will be joining me for Wolverine class today.”

“Oh? What's the difference?” Ranma asked, yesterday obstacle course was pretty fun not anywhere near life threatening but fun. What would the indoor version offer he wondered.

+++P.E +++

Ranma eye twitched at the activity that as going on in front of him.

“Yo Ranma! Come on and play some B-ball with us,” Evan waved as he dribble pass a couple of defender and did a quick lay up.

It was normal. There was no stinging robots, no paint turret, spike pit, nothing. It was just kids playing basketball, some girls on the bleachers gossiping, there was a volley ball game a little bit away. It was too normal.

“I'll... uh... pass,” Ranma said amicably as he noticed that Myst was playing volley ball to great effect. She just floated smoothly form one direction to another. It was all so surreal.

“Come on man, not scared are you nor- Ranma?” The guy who made fun of Ranma yesterday taunted.

To Ranma surprised there was no real heat in it, just friendly banter. Judging by the way he was holding himself he seem to be feeling a bit awkward and this was his way of apologizing. Well, the great Ranma Saotome could be magnanimous.

“Sure thing,” Ranma replied and walked down toward the bleachers to the court.

“Alright then, the name is Jona,” the Suave guy from the day before introduced himself. “And the rules is simple, no powers, strictly normal today.”

“Really?” Ranma asked with a raise eye brow as he got onto the court and accepted the olive branch the guys extended to him. “You're funeral man.”

“Ohh!” Evan chuckled as he put a fist to his mouth to rag on Jona. “You just got called out!”

“You talk big for a normie,” Jona grinned. Standing at six feet two, even without his concussive shot power, he still was athletic. Dribbling the ball slowly in front of Ranma he smirked. “You can be on Evans team since you two like to trash talk so much, you ready?”

Ranma rotated his shoulders a bit before smirking back. “Just waiting on you.”

Seeing the nod, Jona toss the ball to Ranma so that he could start the game as his team mate ran back onto the court holding in a defensive formation. “Talk's cheap, let's see what ya got.”

“My pleasure,” Ranma said as he passed the ball to Evan to began the game who than in turned passed it to another person and immediately try for an outside shot that missed.

“Got it!” Another tall guy form Jona team shouted as he went up for the rebound only to feel a presence right near him. Before his hand could touch the ball for the rebound, another hand shot out first and hit the ball, making it bounce against the goal post and into the basket for a score.

“Whoa!” Evan said wide eyed at what Ranma just done. “Dude!”

“Hey!” Jona protested in shock. “No powers remember?”

Ranma who had scored his first point in that game cockily in replied. “That ain't power, just skill.”

“Damn, sick burn!” Evan guffawed at the stunned expression on the other boys face. Oh yeah. Victory was assure today.

+++ Lunch +++

“And just like that, from outside of the Ranma scored another three point!” Evans told the story to Myst. The Cuckoos that had decided to sit at their table much to Evans secret delight.

“Skillful.” Myst praised the pig tail boy with a smile.

“Very impressive,” Phoebe complimented before she daintily ate some more.

“Well, what can I say? I'm the best ya know” Ranma preened after he finished swallowing. While they didn't served Japanese fanfare here, he didn't mind the rich western style meals.

“Not bad but athletics can only get you so far,” Celeste reminded the pig tailed boy. “Still, you boys seem to have made amends.”

Ranma and Evan exchanged a look at one another before looking back at Celeste all smiles even as she rolled her eyes in reply just in time for Sybil to sit down with her own lunch tray next to Myst on the other side of the table.

“I hear Ranma was pretty impressive in gym class today,” Sybil started after a quick greeting.

“Well, not bad for you know a non-mutant,” Spyke replied before his eyes widen and looked at Ranma hoping he didn't give offense but Ranma did not appear to take it offensively. “We did have to hold back our powers but, it was very cool what he did.”

“Why ya holding back on your powers anyway, thought you were suppose to learn how to use it,” Ranma question as he slowly peeled a few oranges above his tray.

“Well, it's a form of control exercise,” Sybil explained to Ranma. She was the guide after all. “Most of our powers are out of control, it takes great concentration to rein it in, and to play an adrenaline pumping game like basketball, the amount of control needed to not let your power slip is quite significant.”

“Ah,” Ranma nodded in understanding. To him it seem like this was just another form of training. Gingerly he offered some of the peeled oranges to Myst who happily nodded her thanks before offering it to everyone else at the table.

“Thank you,” Celeste said as she took a few for herself along with her sisters.

Sybil still on her meal declined for now but Evans had no qualm about picking out a lot.

“Too bad me and Beak don't share the same lunch period,” Ranma lamented as his palate was finally refreshed.

“Well, there is no helping it,” Evan said amicably. He never met Beak but have seen him around. Turning back to Ranma he suddenly looked over to Sybil. “Oh hey, did you hear about what happen with Ranma and Veronica yesterday?”

Sybil looked up from her food even as Ranma groaned in embarrassment. “Oh? What happened?”

“He, heh, heh, he mistook Veronica for you!” Evan laughed through chortled.

“You have to forgive him of course, he's color blind,” Phoebe explained before a thought occurred to her. “Oh and for your information, Sybil fur color is blonde, like our hair.”

“For the last time, I'm not color blind!” Ranma whirled on Phoebe with his hand outward as if wanting to strangle her. Finally he adjusted his spasming hands and pointed two fingers at the blonde girl. “And it was a mistake!”

“One has black fur, the other is bright gold, that's some mistake,” Celeste pointed out noticing that it was causing the boy some distress which was a plus for her. She was still wearing the tiny bandage on her forehead!

“It wasn't like that!” Ranma protested as he saw even Myst was giving him a pitying look.

It was Sybil he had covered her mouth with a napkin and started to shake in one spot.

“Sybil?” Evan asked worried that he might have said something to offend her. A moment later he realize he had nothing to worry about as the cat girl started to laugh pounding her fist on the table. “You alright there?”

“It's actually quite understandable now,” Sybil continued to giggle in words. “Let's just say I understand why Ranma would have made that mistake.”

“Really?” Evan asked interested. He had asked Ranma yesterday but did not get any reply other then a shrug.

“Before anyone asked it's a secret!” Sybil said before turning the Cuckoo sister. “And don't pry it from my head either or else I will tell Ms. Grey about the invasion of privacy.”

“Hey! We weren't!” Irma defensively replied.

“Yeah, the sweating and rapid heart beat tell me all I need to know,” Sybil dryly respond and saw Irma had the decency to blush.

Ranma flashed Sybil a grateful smile at keeping his secret before he finished his meal. All in all not a bad day so far. Which was of course when a loud siren sounded with flashing lights. Immediately around him the thick metal steel trap slide down inside the windows slamming violently before locking into place.

'Students, this is the Headmaster of the School, Professor Xavier, remain calm and where you are, do not panic. A teacher or a senior elite will be along to guide everyone safely into the safety tunnels.'

Ranma blinked cause that was not something announced over the P.A, it was broadcast right inside his head. Looking around he saw Evan look concern, Sybil already up trying to calm the younger students and Myst floating closer to him. Turning to the Cuckoos he saw where once were pretty blue eyes were now replaced by glowing white eyes.

“Oh dear,” Celeste said as her pupil reappeared. “This is not good!”

It was then a hatch opening right in the middle of the cafeteria grounds with a stair way leading down.

“Alright, kids first!” The Cafeteria lady shouted as the students quickly made way for the younger children before the rest started to stream in.

“What's happening out there?” Sybil asked Celeste who had a worried look on her face.

“You guys over there, quickly!” The lunch lady shouted looking at Ranma group. Myst and Evans were the first one down and just as they were being followed by Sybil the cafeteria wall blew open inward.

“Surprise Charlie! The Juggernaut’s back!”

Standing impressively in the entry way of the cafeteria side was Cain Marko, aka, the Juggernaut. The large being looked around in disappointment at not seeing his familiar foes the, X-men. Well, there was always plenty more buildings. Turning around he made a bee line for the adjacent building and bellow the same greeting.

Celeste, who had been stunned by the impact, eyes fluttered open to see Ranma above her, his arms on either side of her. Now normally she would push the boy off thinking he was trying to take advantage but the giant slab of stone on his back pretty much made the situation clear for her. However before she could even asked him what was going on, the boy dropped down a bit so that he was even closer to her their bodies separated by mere centimeters before he push upped and flipped the stone slab off of him.

'Celeste are you okay?' Irma voice ranged out in Celeste mind.

'I'm fine, where are you guys?' Celeste thought back.

'On the other side of the escape way, the area is lock down,' Phoebe explained to her. 'Is Ranma with you? He's not here with us.'

'Yes, he is, we'll try to find another escape route,' Celeste thought back before found herself grabbed by Ranma and held bridal style. “Hey what do you think you're doing?!”

“Oh good, you're back, you had that white glowy eye thing going on and wasn't responding,” Ranma said looking down at the slight blushing blonde. “You strong enough to stand? You weight next to nothing so it's not a big deal for me to carry you if you are hurt.”

“You calling me fat?” Celeste shouted before calming down. “And you can let me down, I am not injured anywhere.”

“Cool,” Ranma nodded before he set her on her feet. Another large explosion sound in the distance making him look outside.

“Well, we should try to make it to another safe area, no one is safe not with the Juggernaut around, although I haven't hear anything about hurting kids like us for a while now,” Celeste explained to Ranma.

“The Juggernaut? Who's that?” Ranma asked confused.

“The Juggernaut is Professor X half brother who gained his power by magic,” Celeste explained quickly as Ranma and her made their way outside to look for a safer place. “Somehow he magically gain the power to become super powerful and stuff.”

“Yeah, that's real descriptive,” Ranma snorted at the blonde who left out a ton of information. “Can't the professor just shut him down easily?”

Now it was Celeste turn to snort. “Oh yeah along with having super strong powers and stuff, his helmet also blocked telepathic attacks so that's a no go on that idea.”

“Really?” Ranma asked looking interested at such an object.

“Yeah, bummer I know!” Celeste said hugging her arms to herself. “Even Magneto has a hel- hey what are you doing put me down!”

Instead of putting the girl down like she requested, Ranma covered his hand over her mouth and jump high up so that he was on top of the cafeteria building. It was then he sensed a presence in his mind.

'Put me DOWN!'

Wincing at the volume and the slight attack he toss the blonde girl onto her bottom just as the Juggernaut explode through the adjacent building and passed by the Cafeteria. Silently looking over the edge he look down and the giant being looking around.

“Charles! Where are you hiding coward! If you don't show yourself I will wreck your little school!”

Celeste, who had regained her composure, eyes widen when she heard the voice. Gingerly she climb to the edge of the building and also looked down. Closing her eyes she try to do her strongest mental attack on the villain only for the Juggernaut to act like nothing happened.

“Charlie!”

Ranma narrowed his eyes at the being, judging by size alone, this Juggernaut was as large as Taro bull form. It was then the being turned his eyes upward and spotted Celeste and him.

“Ah hah! What do we have here, little mice scurrying on top of a sinking ship?” The Juggernaut laughed before destroying a support from the building making the cafeteria structure start to buckle. “Charlie, charlie, charlie, you don't care for your precious student Charlie?”

Celeste lost her balance from the impact and grabbed hold of the roof material but to her surprise Ranma still stood on his feet as if unaffected. It was then something occurred to her. “I don't remember getting us up here.”

“It was-”

Anything Ranma wanted to say was cut off as a guttural growl was heard below them. Looking down, Ranma saw Wolverine with his claw cutting at this Juggernaut over and over again with his metal claws but to no avail. It was then another being enter the fray made entirely of metal and threw a powerful right hand hook at the larger being and made him stagger back.

Anything this Juggernaut wanted to do was stop when a powerful red beam was fire into him tipping him further off balance making him drop flat on his back. The moment he did saw, the clear sky being gloomy and overcast causing Ranma to look up and saw the black whitehaired woman gathering the storm cloud to her. Seconds later she unleashed a power stream of lighting bolt at this Juggernaut.

“Hah! That tickles!”

As if shrugging off most of their attacks, the being got back onto his feet and with a back hand swipe struck the incoming Wolverine sending him slamming into the wall.

“Try this one for size!”

Suddenly the being started to run toward Cyclops at incredible speed despite Storm continuous lighting strikes in conjunction Cyclops eyebeam. However just as the behemoth was almost upon the one eye x-man, there was a large surge of something that tugged the direction of the Juggernaut causing him to miss his mark by a wide margin.

“What just happened?” Ranma eyes analyzed the fight. There was nothing sloppy that was going on at all, this was pure team work, where one fall another would cover the gap to maintain a strong front against this monster of a foe.

“I think that last one was a telekinetic attack by Ms. Grey or Ms Frost,” Celeste replied her eyes also glue to the fight. Hey eyes turned white a second later linking into the hive mind with her sister to share what she was watching. “While a mind attack won't work, the ability to move him around if your will power is strong enough will.”

Suddenly, from another building, Shadowcat showed up just as the Juggernaut was turning around and phase half of the being body into the ground causing Ranma eyes to widen. A moment later, Psylocke had appeared with some type of power shape like a pointed knife in her hand and stabbed Juggernaut in the mouth with it.

“Arrghghhh!” the Juggernaut shouted in pain before his hand imprisoned hand exploded outward knocking both Shadowcat and Psylocke away.

However, no sooner had he gotten free then Wolverine was on him again, followed by Cyclops and Storm lighting attack.

“You are all GNATS!” the Juggernaut started to scream in frustration.

“You picked the wrong damn time to try and attack us bub!” Wolverine threaten as he repeatedly cut into the Juggernaut fast healing flesh.

“And you almost brought harm to our students!” Pitor, Codename: Colossus shouted as he unleashed powerful punches at their enemy.

It was then the Juggernaut felt himself suddenly suspended into the air. From the other building, Emma Frost, dressed in a sexy white pants suit and Jean Grey, in casual t-shirt and jeans, came out. A look of concentration on their face letting everyone know that it was they who was suspending the Juggernaut in mid air.

“Wolverine, Psylocke, anytime now!” Jean shouted even as she willed herself to hold this powerful brute in check.

“Right jeannie,” Wolverine growled as he jumped onto The Juggernaut back and cut at the other edge of the helmet and propped it open. “Just like a tuna can.”

No sooner has Wolverine opened up the Juggernaut helmet then Psylocke climbed up on top of new worried man. “I hope this hurts a lot.” The pretty purple hair woman said as she stabbed her psychic knife directly into Cain Marko head making him scream in pain for a few seconds before falling limp.

To their surprise, moments later a ruby like gem emerged from the Juggernaut chest and fell harmlessly onto the ground. To their surprise it appeared cracked and fractured as if damage from overuse.

None too gently, Emma Frost and Jean Grey release their gripped on the behemoth and let him fall unceremoniously to the ground. No one said anything as everyone took some time to bask in the glow of victory.

It was then Emma Frost turned her heard and sensed her protege nearby with the new human boy. Jean sensed the same thing as she located Ranma and Celeste on the roof even as Professor X gave the entire student body the update on what happened.

+++ After Lunch +++

After Storm came and got him and Celeste off the roof, the school student amazingly enough went on with their classes as if everything was normal. Moments later, the McCoy repair bots came out and started repairs on the school itself even while class was withheld. Ranma for once was in awe at how the causally the student body had taken this, upon questioning Phoebe in sixth period. He found out that the school get attacked every now and then by high power beings.

Ranma couldn't help but grinned that he was no longer the center of crazy and the sole propriety of Crazy Inc! The X-men had that in spades! If he was lucky maybe some of that craziness that usually went his way would go to the Xavier institute instead!

When the bell rung, he saw Phoebe gave him a quick smile before heading out to her class. Right by the door way was Sybil waiting for him to come to his first mentoring class. The one hosted by Wolverine.

“Hi, Ranma you ready?” Sybil smiled inquisitively at Ranma. She had been concern that seeing the attack on the school might have scared him off but was glad he did not seem fazed by it.

“Sure, let's go,” Ranma nodded packing up his book bags.

Following Sybil he noticed that a few more savage looking type of student also ended up walking with him. Glancing form the corner of his eyes he saw a boy that look like he was Tarzan sniffing at the air before gazing at him. Seeing Ranma look the boy let out a low growl at Ranma before hunching and walking ahead of him.

“Ah, don't worry about that, Savage is always weary of new comers,” Sybil explained in an apologetic tone.

“Sybil,” a black furred cat girl greeted the golden furred cat girl pleasantly but upon seeing Ranma she went on the defensive. Her attitude suggest that she was none to happy with seeing Ranma there.

“Ronnie!” Sybil greeted happily before she remembered what happened between Ranma and her friend. Pulling her friend to a side she whispered softly taking care not to reveal Ranma fear of cats.

“Oh,” Veronica said softly before looking at Ranma. “I guess if it was an honest mistake...”

Anything else she wanted to say however was cut off as they entered a glass room with at least fifteen other students was sitting at a desk looking at a grumpy looking hairy man glaring at all of them.

“Ah, kid, ya got me first eh?” Wolverine greeted Ranma as soon as he walked in. “Just to let you know, you should have picked the other option, I ain't changing my method for nobody.”

“Fine by me,” Ranma agreed with a cocky smile. He saw Wolverine looked at him strangely before revealing a toothy smile.

“That's the attitude kid!” Wolverine smirked before counting all thirty of his student present. “Right then, let's get to today lesson.”

Ranma took a seat in the back to observe the lesson and noted that Sybil took a desk right next to him. While half paying attention to Wolverine lecture, Ranma noticed that most of the student seem wild. There was no way else to describe them, there were some with bird feathers on them but no wings, some with fur like Sybil, others with claw like hands. If he had to guessed he would assume that they were be given advance animal traits seeing as how the boy form earlier, Savage, sniffed at the air. He idly wonder if it included seeing in the dark too, the ears were a dead give away on the sensitive hearing.

“Our greatest advantage is our instinct but it could also work against us, since our instinct always tells us to attack!”

As if to emphasis the point, Wolverine smack the black board with his hand startling the students. He then began to draw one X's follow by a bunch of O's in different spots.

“Now tell me what should be your first instinct if a Ninja master confront you head on?”

Right in front of the X was a newly drawn O.

“Get him before he can throw his damn ninja stars!” a pointy ear scruffy looking boy asked without raising his hand.

“Wrong! Anyone else wanna take a guess?” Wolverine shot down and did not care about the boy deflating.

“You lay an ambush!” Another boy that Ranma recognize as Croc answered hopefully.

“You'll end up dead,” Wolverine told the boy before looking for more volunteers.

“Hide and wait for him to pass?” Sybil asked after having raised her hand politely.

“Wrong again, this is when your instinct can become a liability, now think about the situation you are in for a moment,” Wolverine pointed out while he looked at the student expectantly.

The other student knew that Sybil was the smartest out of all of them so when she guessed wrong, the rest look uncertain.

“You run,” Ranma spoke up surprising the class. He noticed that Wolverine had an unreadable expression on his face.

“Now why would you do that Saotome?” Wolverine asked in a neutral tone.

Ranma looked around and noticed that all of the class were looking at him, some of the bigger animal like boys even snigger at him. “Well, I mean isn't it obvious? It's because you're already in their trap.”

“Explain your reasoning,” Wolverine spoke up but there was a hint of satisfaction in his tone causing the rest of the class to look over to their teacher.

“You mean he got it right? We run away?” Croc asked incredulously.

“Let him explain,” Wolverine answered while looking at Ranma.

“Well,” Ranma began looking at the class, he couldn't believe they didn't know this. “I mean it's obvious ain’t it? Ninjas are trained to be sneaky so if a ninja master show themselves it's would only be as bait for a sure kill trap.”

The class was stunned into silence and even Sybil was look at Ranma in a different light.

“That's right!” Wolverine crowed happily. “If you see a Ninja master, RUN, if you hunt a ninja master then you better make sure all of his lackeys are defeated first. Good job Saotome!”

“It's no biggie,” Ranma shrugged feeling that this class was going to be easy for him.

+++Blackbird Hanger +++

The private stealth plane of the Xavier institute was warming up as a group of people could be seen gathering at the base of it's loading step.

“You got Marko strapped in tight?” Cyclops asked his friend Hank.

“Maximum grade bond use by Ryker's, they'll last for a bit,” Hank McCoy answered as he finished putting the last clamp across the Juggernaut broad chest.

“Any idea why that gem fell out of him yet?” Jean asked her friend.

“What did the analysis came back as Jean?” Cyclops asked his wife who merely gave him a curt nod. He felt his heart tighten at the gesture but could only bear it. They had finally talked shortly before finding Saffron, about him and Emma's ambiguous relationship, about their marriage, about what they were looking for and who they were now.

“Hmm, just an ordinary ruby,” Jean pursed her lips. Contrary to Scott current emotional state, she never felt more freed. The constant jealously on her part, having to spy on her husband, trying to rekindle their love, all of it was now over. It had surprised her when she found that she couldn't feel the same type of love she felt for him so long ago anymore. That they had simply grew apart through the years and merely clung onto one another as a safety net. So now, Jean found herself feeling oddly liberated. Though it's not like she was going to forgive Emma for butting any anytime soon but it was needed.

“Yeah, pull the other one,” Kitty spoke up trying to break up the awkward atmosphere that always seem to be present now when Jean and Scott talk with one another. “There's something fishy about that gem.”

“Well, S.H.I.E.L.D.S agents will be here shortly to pick it up. Me, Emma, Hank, Pitor, the Professor, Storm and Kitty will escort Marko here to Ryker's,” Cyclops spoke up knowing that Jean would want to stay behind for that baby mutant they found.

“Let's get a move on then,” The Professor who had remained silent up until now spoke up. “If we are lucky we can finish filling out the form before dinner.”

Jean and the girls smiled at their mentor comment. “Well, you better, I do believe Paige and Betty is making some British dish.”

The Professor paled upon hearing that and turned to his first pupil. “Maybe we can order take out Scott.”

“My thoughts exactly,” Cyclops responded in a grave tone. Everyone knew that Psylocke cooking left a lot to be desired.

Grinning at his student, the group loaded the defeated Juggernaut onto the Blackbird and was gone within minutes.

Jean watched as the Blackbird turned into speck in the sky before she turned to see Psylocke walking in with a container in hand.

“They gone?” Psylocke asked her friend before tossing the container to her friend.

Catching it lightly Jean was about to reply when she felt a familiar presence closing in her. Moments later a haggard Kiima flew into the hanger bay carrying a bubbly baby phoenix being. Upon spotting her the baby cooed happily in her direction. Jean couldn't help but smile at the baby antics and easily took the baby into her arms while having Kiima hold the canister.

“Abooboobooboo!” Jean babbled for the amusement of the baby in her arms. She had to wonder if maybe the reason why she was doing so well from her separation with Scott was due to this baby filling up the gap in her heart.

The baby in reply appeared to gurgle happy in response before his eyes darted pass her shoulder. Turning around, Jean spotted S.H.I.E.L.D.S transport crafts stealthily entered the hanger. A few second later a hatch opened and out came Maria Hill, Nick Fury right hand “man”.

“Hill,” Jean greeted cordially. The woman before her had military cut hair with a no-nonsense attitude in her deamnor.

“Grey,” Maria Hill responded coolly before looking at the container the winged woman arm. A moment later she held the container in her hand and looked at the cracked gem. “Has it been decontaminated?”

“By S.H.I.E.L.D's standard on Hank orders,” Jean replied and watched as the woman took out a device and popped opened container. “What are you doing?”

“Trying too see if this is just a worthless crack ruby or something more,” Maria Hill stated as she put the energy reading device, created by Reed Richard, on the gem. To her surprise, no sooner had she popped the lid that the gem shot out from the canister and into the direction of Jean Grey. Whipping her pistol out smoothly she aimed it Jean's direction only to be horrified when she saw the gem was stuck on the chest of a winged mutant infant.

Jean was horrified, one moment Saffron was cooing happily at her, the next he was screaming in pain as the gem cracked gem had somehow embedded itself into his chest. Ignoring the gun pointed in her direction Jean automatically try to telekinetically pry the gem from Saffron's chest only to feel something akin to a spark being lit.

++++ School Grounds+++

Many of the students across the school was enjoying their their time when a massive explosion rocked their school grounds.

“What was that?” Beak asked as he looked out the windows to see what was going on. He was in a class filled with student had undefined powers. Their teacher was Forge, who was good at analyzing skill set and abilities.

“I don't know,” Forge replied in a worry tone and hit his wrist communicator. “Forge to labs, anyone know that what that was?”

To the student growing concern, there was no reply for their teacher inquiry.

“Ok, we should go to the safe shelter just in case,” Forge prompted immediately knowing that something was wrong. A moment later he was right as a massive pillar of fire at least 10 meters in diameter erupted from the hanger area.

“Cool~” Beak muttered in an amazed tone.

TBC...

So yes, if there is a comment about grammars or missing words or what not, that in all likelihood would be fix in editing so I don't need that. Once more I am checking for if the following came across well.

1. Resolution to Sybil misunderstanding
2. Not all teenagers are saints, they can be good or petty depending on the circumstances as seen by the Olive Branch Basketball game and Apology.
3. The X-men working as a team to bring down people with great efficiency showcasing for Ranma that for once it's not his problem and secondly, they are powerful in their own right.
4. Pulling back a bit more of the cover on this marvel universe with the introduction to Shields Maria Hill and reference to Ryker Prison.
5. Gem Plot device that might probably part of the over arcing plotline.
6. A sense of people actually going to school
7. Hints at other big name mutants that is in the Xavier school without overwhelming people. It's a seed scene pretty much.

Also for those that are curious, Wolverine lesson about the Ninja master is a real thing. Was shown in the comics and all. So next up.

Lay it on me.
Vahn
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Re: Homo Superior 4 - Ranma/Xmen [Rough Draft]

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:17 pm

"One of these days, I am gonna ask Wallflower out."

Bwahahaha...
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Blackcat101 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:56 pm

*Yellow and pink*

It should be yellow and black.

*A glare from Ranma let him know*

A glare from Ranma let her know

I mentioned those two because they are the kind of errors you can't pick with a spell-checker.

Also, a lot of people get their mistakes pointed out in this forum, so don't take it personal.

A Juggernaut/Saffron Hybrid would be quite a heavy hitter.
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Vahn » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:57 pm

Bwahahaha...

Not sure if funny because it hit the right note? Hit the wrong note? Lame? Or if you take issue with it?

AS for the Yellow and Pink, I used this version.

Vahn
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:19 pm

Vahn wrote:Not sure if funny because it hit the right note? Hit the wrong note? Lame? Or if you take issue with it?

The idea of a mutant with that ode name, being asked out by another mutant.

Vahn wrote:AS for the Yellow and Pink, I used this version.

As for that I had no clue whom any of those people were.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Vahn » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:28 pm

Ah I see. AS for that picture, that was more for Black Cat, those mutants are not that mainstream yet but they are Ranma's Peers and pretty much elites students. X-men in training and that's all you need to know for the moment :D
Vahn
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby ijp92 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:25 pm

A magical gem just implanted itself in Saffron causing an explosion.

I'm guessing were about to get a less one-sided version of the adult Saffron scene from Big Human on Campus.
ijp92
Senshi Cadet

Postby digitalzombie » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:27 pm

It's ok. I think you're doing too much so nothing significant stands out but if that gets everything out of the way so you can do fun stuff so be it.

I dunno if it's useful or not but every time I come across a new mutant that you introduce I have to google it. It's very hard and there's some description of them and very little known about their powers and such. But I'm guessing I'm just jumping ahead of the fic and you're probably slowly let the readers learn more about the characters in later chapters.

As aways, another very enjoyable Ranma fic.
digitalzombie
Senshi Candidate

Postby Vahn » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:20 pm

ijp92 wrote:A magical gem just implanted itself in Saffron causing an explosion.

I'm guessing were about to get a less one-sided version of the adult Saffron scene from Big Human on Campus.

I actually forgot about Big Human on Campus. I had planned a serious fight but now that i been reminded of that fic i think i should go for something similar as homage and for the lulz. Thanks man!

@digital

You could if you want but i always try to seed the mutants you will see early on. It is what it is.
Vahn
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby digitalzombie » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:34 pm

> You could if you want but i always try to seed the mutants you will see early on. It is what it is.

Hey Vahn, no clue what seed means? >___<. But it help me discover and learn more about these new mutants from X-men world that would be awesome.
digitalzombie
Senshi Candidate

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:51 pm

@Vahn...

Why not edit each chapter that introduces mutants so at the end there is a brief description of each mutant introduced and which continuity they are from... include things like age, looks, ability, continuity/timeline originate from, etc...

Kind of like pokedex entries in pokemon and pokegirl stories.

With all the various continuities and timelines and varients of XMen out there, it would clear up all this...

So if you do this it was be a slight alteration to chapters 2,3 and 4... and at the end of each chapter afterward.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Vahn » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:06 pm

digitalzombie wrote:> You could if you want but i always try to seed the mutants you will see early on. It is what it is.

Hey Vahn, no clue what seed means? >___<. But it help me discover and learn more about these new mutants from X-men world that would be awesome.

Seed means just that, seed. Imagine my fic as a garden and the characters I introduce as seed. Some seed I cultivate right away, which you get to see them grow and develop while other plant type though seeded and label have yet to have any of my attention on it. Later on down the line I might decide to cultivate a seed I planted earlier on in the story or a character I might have introduced in passing. They are really only suppose to stay in the background to add to the hustle and bustle of every day life and to introduce Xavier school as a real life.

I'll use them as needed but if you are interested you can wiki them just to see what they can do.

@ PC

I thought about doing that but then I scrapped it. To me poke dex entry annoys me to no end. Some people might enjoy that, I don't, there is a real life poke dex the readers could use upon research but those that are important to me well, no need for me to do a bio but instead flesh out their characters and powers as the story progress.

As for the various continuity, I believe I stated in the first chapter that this is pretty much a mish mash of x men version but more base on the comics version then the T.V.
Vahn
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:32 pm

As for the various continuity, I believe I stated in the first chapter that this is pretty much a mish mash of x men version but more base on the comics version then the T.V.

Indeed you did, and I did catch that. But since it is a mish mash, not all readers have read all continuities and thus will not know all characters.

So... while some may recognize the ones from the movies or the various animes over the years (TAS, Evolution, Wolverine and XMen, etc...), other may recognize the ones from the comics (the various incarnations and reboots), but not all readers have seen all continuities...

Doing something like a pokedex entry at end would solve all that. As it not only would list the characters, but list *which* character it is.

But if you do not want to do that, then don't.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby digitalzombie » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:10 pm

Yah, if you don't like podex no worries.

I rather have more story than tedious podex which I can wiki and search. >___<
digitalzombie
Senshi Candidate

Postby Blackcat101 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:37 pm

You still could the characters names and if they belong to certain group, but is up to you.
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Return to Stories and C&C