Not a Leg to Stand On

This is for posting Fiction and C&C replies ONLY. Note this does not have to be a "fukufic" or even fanfiction. All completed /ready-for0review longform creative writing allowed. No posting of individual scenes; that is what the Outlines and Scenes section is for.Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Re: Not a Leg to Stand On

Postby LawOhki » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:39 pm

Akane stared at her unfinished homework and tapped her pencil incessantly on her desk. Sighing, she leaned back on her rolling chair to swivel side to side while staring up at the ceiling. She was finding it impossible to concentrate because her mind refused to let her forget the mean things she had said to Ranma. The cursed boy had been so upset by what she had said that he had even declined to have anything for dinner.

“I should apologize.” She vocalized and stood up, resolving to do the right thing.

Purposely striding from her room in search of Ranma, she began her search in the guest room. Finding that empty, Akane continued on downstairs, and finally came across Ranma in the living room watching television. Her unwanted houseguest was still in his cursed form and was curled up into a big ball. Her human body was propped up on her snake half, using it like a giant pillow. If Akane didn’t know better, Ranma could have passed as just another human laying on an odd snake themed piece of furniture.

Her father and Genma sitting next to the open exterior door facing the koi pond playing a very animated game of shogi. From the look of smug superiority, her father was currently winning.

She didn’t usually have a problem with snakes but when Ranma’s blue eyes slid over her she struggled momentarily with hesitation. There wasn’t anything inherently threatening in the redhead’s gaze, but something about it put her on edge. Taking a deep breath, she opened her mouth to blurt out an apology but a heavy thunk on the wooden floor interrupted her.

“Saotome Genma!” Ukyo bellowed as she stood in the yard with her feet planted apart and hand poised over her battle spatula.

“Ukyo-kun, what are you doing?” Akane asked in confusion, her reason for coming to the living room immediately forgotten.

“If you’re here for a challenge, you’re supposed to use the side door.” Soun instructed, paying more attention to his shogi move than the angry young man yelling at Genma.

“I think you’re looking for my son, Ranma.” Genma ignored Ukyo as well to keep a close eye on the shogi board.

“He’ll get his too.” Ukyo snarled.

“Hey, why’d you attack me earlier? You some kind of psycho chick?” Ranma butted in irritably, remaining in her position resting on herself.

“I’ve never seen you before in my life.” Ukyo stuttered. “And don’t call me a chick! I’m a dude!”

“Ranma, Ukyo-kun is a boy.” Akane added, even if her classmate was a little too girlishly cute for his own good.

The snake girl turned on her side to prop her head up with one arm, looking annoyed that she was being questioned. She pushed the tip of her tongue out through her teeth briefly before saying. “Nope, she’s a girl.”

“Just-- just shut up! Keep laying on that weird bean bag, I don’t have time to put up with some stupid gaijin who doesn’t know a boy from a girl!” Ukyo pulled her spatula from her back. “Genma, prepare to face the wrath of the child you left behind!”

“I’ve had a crush on a girl!” Akane screeched in horror, causing Ukyo to stumble forward and barely keep from falling. “Pervert!” She yelled and grabbed the edge of the shogi board in both hands.

“Oh no, not the game!” Genma bemoaned in false horror as the pieces were spilled.

“I was winning!” Soun cried.

Akane ignored the two fathers and hurled the heavy board at Ukyo. The crossdresser hurriedly brought up her battle spatula to intercept the missile but misjudged its weight, and the shogi board barreled through her defense to bounce off her head. Ukyo dropped to the ground like a puppet whose strings had been cut while the shogi board landed with enough force to bury itself in the grass.

“But Akane-- my game-- I was winning.” Her father whimpered until Akane turned to glare at him.

“Sheesh Akane, are you trying to kill her?” Ranma asked curiously, still lounging from her original place on the floor.

“It was a nice throw.” Genma complimented and crossed his arms. “Good strength too. We went through four boards before we had one made from steel reinforced concrete. Anything Goes Shogi is not for the feint of heart.”

‘I never knew that stupid heavy thing was part of a martial art.’ Akane fumed.

“So-- Pop.” Ranma slowly purred as she uncoiled herself to approach her parent. “Who’s this girl claiming to be Ukyo?”

“I have no clue what you’re talking about, boy.” Genma nervously replied, quickly getting surrounded by his cursed son’s coils.

“He-- she said child you left behind.” Akane pointed out, glaring at the man as she quickly tried to piece things together. Her eyes widened as a sudden realization hit her. “Is she your illegitimate daughter?!”

#I’m just an innocent panda!# Genma signed, having somehow found cold water. Which was apparently the wrong thing to do as Ranma tightened around him to immobilize her father. #I’m endangered!#

“Just fess up already, old man.” Ranma rolled her eyes and squeezed Genma even tighter. “Not like you need air to write on a sign.”

#I’ll tell you!# The panda frantically scribbled.

-------

I'm going to edit the class scene to have Akane be more interested in Ukyo.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby gsteemso » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:23 am

Um. It’s faint of heart. Not “feint.” I’m not sure what “feint of heart” would even mean, though I can’t shake the feeling that it’s oddly apt for canon-Ranma’s romantic circumstances.
The world’s only gsteemso
gsteemso
Senshi Cadet

Postby gsteemso » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:40 am

If we assume there is any accuracy to be had from Wikipedia, Ranma’s cursed form seems far more like an East Indian naga than like a Greek lamia, and I specify East Indian because the naga in traditions farther east are just fancy cobras. Dunno if this is any use to Lawra, but it’s here anyway.
The world’s only gsteemso
gsteemso
Senshi Cadet

Postby Spica75 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:37 am

I’m not sure what “feint of heart” would even mean, though I can’t shake the feeling that it’s oddly apt for canon-Ranma’s romantic circumstances.

Definitely. :mrgreen:
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:42 am

gsteemso wrote:Um. It’s faint of heart. Not “feint.” I’m not sure what “feint of heart” would even mean, though I can’t shake the feeling that it’s oddly apt for canon-Ranma’s romantic circumstances.

Fixed. And you're right it does work as oddly apt. Clearly why I originally used it. :lol:

gsteemso wrote:If we assume there is any accuracy to be had from Wikipedia, Ranma’s cursed form seems far more like an East Indian naga than like a Greek lamia, and I specify East Indian because the naga in traditions farther east are just fancy cobras. Dunno if this is any use to Lawra, but it’s here anyway.

Not really using any established mythology. But I am scheming to borrow elements from the Incryptid book series for various things.

Like Ryoga's magical girl being part of a family who tries to keep magical creatures from running amok. Or there being a cousin species to Ranma's that is a venomous variety with a legit stone stare and snakes for hair. (With them not really getting along, could possibly be Yuka) Possibly some ultra religious talking mice that could begin to worship Kasumi.

One thing for certain is that Ranma is going to try to play matchmaker, claiming to be the serpent of love.

"Hmm.. I feel someone is intruding upon my territory."
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:12 am

Since Ranma's form is based on Mia from Monster Musume (as evidenced by the animated picture on the first page) his species IS lamia, since that is what Mia is classified as in the manga.

And apparently there are plans for a Monster Musume anime. Can't wait.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:59 am

Dumbledork wrote:Since Ranma's form is based on Mia from Monster Musume (as evidenced by the animated picture on the first page) his species IS lamia, since that is what Mia is classified as in the manga.

And apparently there are plans for a Monster Musume anime. Can't wait.

If by based on you mean a similar red color then yes. Otherwise no, they have very little in common biologically. I just thought that animation was fun.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:21 pm

Having used some hot water, Ranma knelt next to the unconscious form of a girl claiming to be his childhood friend. She had been moved inside and was now laying on the floor with an icepack on her forehead where a significant bruise was forming.

Akane was kneeling across from him looking embarrassed with her sister Kasumi next to her looking pleased with her application of first aid. Soun was futily trying to place all the shogi pieces back on the board where they had been but Genma had been able to sneak away the moment he was released. It was a trick that Ranma had yet to figure out.

“So Ukyo’s father made a deal with your dad for an engagement.” Akane summarized to break the silence.

“I guess it’d make sense if Ukyo was a girl but I’m not into guys.” Ranma added and crossed his arms.

“But she knows your father.” Kasumi pointed out.

“Someone picking a fight with my old man really isn’t that out of the ordinary. Still doesn’t change that the Ukyo I know isn’t a girl.” He explained with a shrug.

“You change into a snake girl with cold water.” Akane sarcastically remarked and rolled her eyes.

“Yea-- why couldn’t it be hot water?” He sighed wistfully, being cruelly forced to miss out on long soaks in a deliciously warm bath.

Akane just stared at him in confusion before looking down at Ukyo and muttering. “Weirdo.”

“I think what Akane means to ask, is could it be magic?” Kasumi asked diplomatically.

“Maybe-- still not the Ukyo I know.” He partially conceded. The Ukyo unconscious before him didn’t carry any lingering male scent like he did when he changed forms. “Say, Akane. What were you trying to say to me earlier?”

“Huh-- oh-- it was nothing.” Akane answered nervously.

‘I thought she was going to apologize.’ Ranma didn’t feel like pressing for an apology, far more interested in getting back at Akane in a more creative way. “I’m going to go practice a bit.” He announced and smoothly rose to his feet.

“But what about Ukyo? She could wake up at anytime.” The youngest Tendo sister asked worriedly.

“If she acts up again, brain her with some bricks. Worked pretty well last time.” He answered with a negligent shrug.

“This should be heavy enough.” Kasumi somehow produced a heavy frying pan to give to her younger sister.

“Th-- thanks.” Akane slowly took the makeshift weapon with a strained smile.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby ckosacranoid » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:41 am

Having kas hand akane a heavy frying pan is just so wrong.....
The comment of if she gets out of hand brain her again.....thats funny.
http://otakuracing.blogspot.com/
my blog for busniess and other things i do.
ckosacranoid
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:04 am

No, it isn't. Didn't she hand Akane a dumbbell the first time Ryoga attacked Ranma at the dojo?
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:54 am

Dumbledork wrote:
No, it isn't. Didn't she hand Akane a dumbbell the first time Ryoga attacked Ranma at the dojo?

Correct, I also believe there's a later time where she does a similar thing when Ranma/Akane are going to be home alone.

Edit, yup volume 11 with the compulsion mushrooms, Kasumi hands Akane a mallet.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:27 am

Ukyo’s head was pounding when she finally came to and struggling to sit up caused a light blanket to slide off of her. ‘How long was I out?’ She wondered and blinked her eyes trying to see into the dark room. A large beam of moonlight was spilling into the room from the open doorway illuminating a third of the floor.

Seeing that her weapons were laying against the wall, she immediately slid her feet out of the blanket, and was across the room without making a sound. She paused, realizing that Akane was sitting against the wall asleep with a heavy frying pan laid across her lap. ‘What a mess.’ She groaned and grabbed her tools.

‘Obviously head on doesn’t work, I’ll have to get Genma alone. If he can even be honorable enough to show up for a duel’ She reasoned before a loud hissing made her glance back into the darkened room just as the very large reptilian tail vanished out of sight into the dark.

“Planning on leaving?” The foreign girl from earlier asked, the hissing only momentarily abating before resuming with even more intensity. For a brief instant, Ukyo saw a pair of eyes shine red, and the vague outline of a large form.

“Not planning to, I am.” She answered and backed away warily, considering waking up Akane to get her away from whatever was hiding in the corner.

“You’re going to answer my questions before you’re going anywhere.” The girl continued in a very threatening tone, her voice coming from the darkness directly to Ukyo’s left. She barely started turning before a form exploded out from the darkness.

zx

Elsewhere

Sayuri tiredly slid open the door to her room, took one deliberate step into an established spot, and flicked her light on. Instantly a loud chorus of tiny voices erupted in rapturous cheers from the floor. Smiling wearily she knelt down to address the congregation of mice, some dressed in little makeshift clothes, and carrying tiny weapons.

“Hail.” She greeted as enthusiastically as she could at this hour to the several dozen furry occupants to her room.

“Hail!” The rodents returned as one, many bouncing up and down in jubilation. “Hail the return of the Late-Night Studious Priestess!”

“And if you’ve been good for Mr. Bun-san then I have brought the feast of quiet returns.” She asked sweetly and turned to the plush dog bed that Mr. Bun-san was lounging on. He was her magical advisor of sorts and publicly her pet. His bed was situated on top of one of her dressers.

In response to her question, the moderately sized floppy eared bunny with light gray fur shuffled his snow owl wings, and sat up. “Are they going to keep cheering if I say yes?” The bunny asked in a rough teenage male voice full of annoyance.

“Awww Mr. Bun-san, that’s not how things work here. Remember, this was their home before yours.” She playfully teased.

“Hail! The great dressing down of the tenth occasion in that many occasions to be dressed down!” The mice cheered briefly before quickly quieting in thought. After a pregnant pause one brave mouse spoke up. “And the twentieth successful observance of ‘Don’t Let The Bunny Get Lost’!”

Sayuri giggled at the sour look that her rabbit gave the mice before pulling out a hand size chunk of cheese, causing the room to become deathly still. “Since you’ve been so good, here you go.” She knelt down but still dropped the cheese into the waiting mass of rodents, who exploded in muted cheering as they rushed off back to their home to start the feast of quiet returns. Well, as quiet as hyper religious intelligent mice who celebrated everything with the same amount of enthusiasm could be.

“It’s a good thing you finished your school homework earlier with how long that took.” Her rabbit advisor noted in disapproval before hopping heavily from the dresser down to her bed.

“Tanuki always want to talk and talk and talk.” She groaned and dropped heavily onto her bed. “And the pictures of their kids-- if you don’t see every last one of them and listen to every story they take it as an insult.”

“You’re still in one piece, so success.” The bunny nodded to himself.

“Success will be getting up tomorrow morning for school.” She whined.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:19 am

Lol at Sayuri. :mrgreen:
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:33 pm

Spica75 wrote:Lol at Sayuri. :mrgreen:

Her and Yuka have been getting a lot of setup/screentime lately compared to other 'minor' characters. In this story they're even supposed to be major ones.

Hmm, wonder if magical girl mediator and fantastical creature scholar Sayuri should have cards to give out.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby Blackcat101 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:20 am

What if... Mousse felt into a pool that turns him into a monster girl, while Shampoo feel into a pool of drowned devil fox (Aka a Kitsune or the Chinese variant). Also, the kitsune form is like eight in human years, so she is hyper and cute. They both had to leave the tribe in shame, since with they curses they look like Musk.

Duno what monster girl curse Mousse could get...

Wasn't a fanfic long ago that had all jusenko pools being monster girl curses? Ah yes, it was a Ranma/pokegirls fics, the fic that made pokegirls popular in fact.
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

PreviousNext

Return to Stories and C&C