Not a Leg to Stand On

This is for posting Fiction and C&C replies ONLY. Note this does not have to be a "fukufic" or even fanfiction. All completed /ready-for0review longform creative writing allowed. No posting of individual scenes; that is what the Outlines and Scenes section is for.Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Re: Not a Leg to Stand On

Postby Dumbledork » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:20 am

I'd prefer if not everyone was turned into monster girls.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Blackcat101 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:45 am

Dumbledork wrote:I'd prefer if not everyone was turned into monster girls.

Ryoga is a magical pet, so he is not a monster girl.

Due to the way this fic went, they had no reason to go to the Amazons village, or at leasr Ranma didn't. So I wonder how the author will introduce Shampoo to the story?
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:35 am

Blackcat101 wrote:What if... Mousse felt into a pool that turns him into a monster girl, while Shampoo feel into a pool of drowned devil fox (Aka a Kitsune or the Chinese variant). Also, the kitsune form is like eight in human years, so she is hyper and cute. They both had to leave the tribe in shame, since with they curses they look like Musk.

Duno what monster girl curse Mousse could get...

Wasn't a fanfic long ago that had all jusenko pools being monster girl curses? Ah yes, it was a Ranma/pokegirls fics, the fic that made pokegirls popular in fact.

I was thinking that the amazons might just be super friendly with naga overall so Ranma *wins* this time with them. No reason for them always to be this negative kill everything culture. Don't even need to have any of them show up in Nerima. Also, Shampoo and Mousse only went to Jusenkyo after Shampoo's first round in Nerima, minus that why would they even go?

Perhaps they're the ones that point Ranma towards others of her new kind.

Dumbledork wrote:I'd prefer if not everyone was turned into monster girls.

Same, there will be a few other monster people around school, but not every named character is going to be some fantasy creature. Ryoga ended up being different because Ranma never chased Genma around the pools, so she never knocked him off a cliff. (Pfft, as if she would chase someone down like that)

Blackcat101 wrote:Ryoga is a magical pet, so he is not a monster girl.

Due to the way this fic went, they had no reason to go to the Amazons village, or at leasr Ranma didn't. So I wonder how the author will introduce Shampoo to the story?

I think that was more in response to you suggesting I turn both Mousse and Shampoo into some kind of fantastical creature.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby Blackcat101 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:20 am

LawOhki wrote:I was thinking that the amazons might just be super friendly with naga overall so Ranma *wins* this time with them. No reason for them always to be this negative kill everything culture. Don't even need to have any of them show up in Nerima. Also, Shampoo and Mousse only went to Jusenkyo after Shampoo's first round in Nerima, minus that why would they even go?

Perhaps they're the ones that point Ranma towards others of her new kind.

The problem with that, is the fact that even if Ranma did not eat the price food, Genma probably did. or even if there was no contest that day, Genma would steal something, and get the two in trouble anyway. So the best choice for Ranma to get a good start with the amazons are:

A) He never meet them in China, so Genma or Ranma didn't mess up.

B) Ranma saved an amazon's life, maybe from kidnapings from a Musk warrior? I mean, If Mint and Lime are like that, just imagine what the rest of the Musk are like. This is my favorite option.

C) Genma wasn't around for some reason when Ranma meet the amazons.

D) Ranma caught Genma and made him stay and work his debt with the amazons.

E) Lamias are sacred for the amazons.

LawOhki wrote:Same, there will be a few other monster people around school, but not every named character is going to be some fantasy creature. Ryoga ended up being different because Ranma never chased Genma around the pools, so she never knocked him off a cliff. (Pfft, as if she would chase someone down like that)

Point, snakes are not much for chasing prey. They are more for ambushes.

LawOhki wrote:I think that was more in response to you suggesting I turn both Mousse and Shampoo into some kind of fantastical creature.

Well, my idea is that the Amazons don't like Jusenko, since A) Is used as a punishment, B) The Musk and the Phoenix tribes use it a lot and are enemies of the Amazons. C) They might not only have a female supremacy complex going, but they might also dislike non humans.

Maybe Mousse turned into kind of chapechanger, but since he thinks in Shampoo a lot, his cursed form defaults to look like Shampoo?
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:09 pm

Akane sat cross legged on the porch watching through narrowed eyes as the two Saotomes sparred around the koi pond. ‘I guess they are pretty good.’ She admitted mentally, tapping the frying pan that Kasumi had given her yesterday into the palm of her hand. Ukyo had been gone when she had been woken up by the sounds of fighting outside and she didn’t fail to notice the almost smug look of satisfaction on the younger Saotome’s face.

‘I bet he ate Ukyo.’ Her eyes narrowed even further. ‘Waited for everyone else to go to sleep then gobbled him-- her up.’

“Breakfast!” Kasumi announced sweetly.

“Breakfast?” Genma questioned excitedly a second before Ranma used the opening to kick his father into the pond.

“You’re such a glutton, Pop.” Ranma teased his father who was now rising from the koi pond as a giant panda.

#Be grateful! It’s the only thing that saved you!# Genma pulled out a wooden sign to taunt Ranma with.

“As if I need saving from you.” The boy laughed haughtily up until he realized that she had slid in behind him and turned his head enough to look. “Oh, hey Akane.”

“Ranma, what happened to Ukyo?” Akane questioned slowly, hefting the heavy frying pan repeatedly.

“She left a couple hours ago. We had a nice little chat and I think we were able to work everything out.”

“How convenient!” She snapped and shoved her makeshift weapon in his face. “You ate her, didn’t you?! Confess!” She accused.

“You really are a strange and angry girl, aren’t you?” Ranma remarked casually as though he was talking about the weather and cocked his head to one side.

“You’re not even denying it!”

“Akane, would you quit shouting?” Nabiki grumbled irritably as she made her way into the dining room. “It’s too early in the morning to listen you carrying on about something ridiculous.”

“Good morning, Nabiki.” Kasumi greeted as she was setting the table.

“Well I’m not really that hungry so I’ll just go get cleaned up.” Ranma ignored her to excuse himself from breakfast.

“Because you ate Ukyo!” She cried but none of her family were paying attention. Her hand tightened on the handle of the pan, the metal warping under the pressure. ‘Fine then! I’ll get proof and then they’ll have to listen to me.’

zx

Kuno Tatewaki fought back a wince as he awoke in the school nurses office. His love, his very reason for existence had not been kind during their morning spar this day. ‘So spirited.’ He gushed and painfully rose up into a sitting position. The nurse had learned long ago that he only needed a brief rest to recover so she did not hover over him. He became aware of something most amazing as he found that the love of his life, Akane was waiting nearby for him to wake.

“My love! You have awaited for me to awake from my slumber?” He joyously launched himself towards her only to be met with a fist deep into his stomach.

Akane reluctantly pulled back from her punch as he fell back onto the bed struggling to catch his breath. “Upperclassman, I need your help.”

“Of course I will go on a date with you.” He wheezed, struggling once again to stand until Akane held up her hand.

“Not that, I need help with a demon that is taking over my home.”

“As a noble samurai it is my duty to vanquish such creatures whenever they threaten the lovely innocence of a fair maiden such as yourself!” He boasted, rising to his feet to pose heroically.

“Yes-- well, she hides in the form of a young man named Saotome Ranma who’s attending school with us.”

“Tell me, my love. What manner of beast is she?”

“A snake monster and she’s very dangerous. Cold water will reveal her true form.”

“Foul magics.” He deduced.

“She may have even eaten one of my classmates.”

Kuno gasped loudly. “I shall not rest until this evil is cleansed then! And when I have saved these sacred halls of learning, I shall allow you to date with me!”

“Okay-- maybe, but first you have to get rid of her.”

“Of course! The justice of heaven is slow but sure! I Kuno Tatewaki shall not rest until I have accomplished this task!” He declared, grabbing his boken, and storming from the office.

zx

“Hey Saotome! You’re up!”

“Alright, alright.” Ranma answered his classmate and lazily stood up from the long bench to walk around the fence onto the baseball field. Grabbing a bat and helmet on the way, he stepped into the batter’s box, and took a half hearted stance waiting for the pitcher.

“Hey new kid, try to hit this!” The pitcher poorly hid a smirk behind his glove before throwing the baseball with as much force as he could.

Watching casually as the ball passed him by without attempting to swing, he heard several snickers, and jokes from the boys playing in the field.

“You’re supposed to swing!” The pitcher joked, earning a few more laughs.

“Oh! I didn’t know that, I’ll try to hit it this time.” Ranma called out amiably. When the next pitch came he hit the ball in a hard line drive that streaked past the pitcher’s head close enough to ruffle his hair, and flew deep into the outfield to bounce off the fence.

“Was that alright?” He joked to the frozen teen while starting to jog around the bases, keeping an eye on the boy playing centerfield scrambling for the ball. ‘These games are so tiring.’ He lamented, wishing he hadn’t taken the bait, and had simply struck out. At the very least his slow speed and the small field made it only a base hit. Team events were always so boring, nobody was ever near his level, so he was always left waiting impatiently on others.

“Great hit, Saotome. If you work on your hustle around the bases you could play for my baseball club.”

“Sorry, Sensei. But I’m interested in another club.” He lied, hoping that he wouldn’t be hounded by yet another overzealous school club advisor.

“Saotome Ranma!”
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby kazenoryu » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:05 am

So I hadn't known about Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou back when I began reading this thread, but then I went and read the manga, and the anime started this season.

Now I'm wondering what would happen if this story happened in the Monster Musume setting. It would be interesting, though Akane would probably be arrested immediately if she tried to hit Ranma... Come to think of it a lot of fights won't happen if Ranma turned into his cursed form because of the laws. Then again, is it legal for mythical creatures to fight each other?
kazenoryu
Senshi Candidate

Postby Dumbledork » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:25 am

I think I've posted two interesting Ranma/Monster Musume ideas here many months ago. Maybe I'll write them one day.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Blackcat101 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:47 pm

A Ranma/Monster Musume cross would only work for an harem setting due to the no fighting rule. A variant or an AU of it would work better I think.

How about this?

Monsters exist and lately a truce was signed with the Monster emperor. In exchange of being given the same legal rights that humans, monsters have to obey human laws and monsters can live in human cities.

A monster is legally considered a human, so those monsters whose habits or customs break human law avoid living on cities. However if a monster is caught breaking human law due to instinct, it will get deported instead of being judged by the human legal system. if a monster kills a human, it will be judged by human law, but can chose o serve its sentence back in the land of monsters.

For some reason, the male monster population been declining for centuries, so female monsters have taken more attractive appearances in order to breed with male humans.

However do not be fooled by a monster appearance, even if it looks almost or completely human, it still thinks like a monster and has monster instincts.

Due to most humans refusing to house monsters, a special system was created were human families can house monsters in their homes and the monsters empire will pay them three times the normal fee, part of that feed is pay back by the housed monster by agreeing to have at least two kids in five years time and by getting money discounted from their jobs.

Monster too violent, too dumb or with special dietary habits that cannot be fulfilled while living in a human city need a special permission to do so, and an assurance that their special needs will be covered.

Monsters with powers that greatly affect or manipulate humans are not normally permitted to live in human cities, and even if they get a special permission they can only live with other monsters.

Due to monsters violent Nature, monster fighting tournaments exist as a way of monsters to fulfill the need for violence. However killing and or permanent dead is only allowed in tournaments host in the monsters Empire.

A human girl that lives in constant constant with monsters might become one, thats why female humans are legally forbidden to be in regular contact with monsters. Going to the same school is acceptable, living in the same house is a no. Thankfully once a human woman is over thirty, the chances f it becoming a monster are low enough for the separation to no longer be enforced.

Sometimes, about 1/10 of the time, a monster will give birth to what it looks like a human. If the apparently human grows and does not become a monster, its latent powers are sealed away due to only monsters being able to control them.

There is rumors of a government organization existing that is formed by humans born of monsters whose powers have not be sealed, but the official stance is that is nonsense.
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Previous

Return to Stories and C&C