Annuled Destiny II: Wild Wasteland, Ch.01

This is for posting Fiction and C&C replies ONLY. Note this does not have to be a "fukufic" or even fanfiction. All completed /ready-for0review longform creative writing allowed. No posting of individual scenes; that is what the Outlines and Scenes section is for.Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Annuled Destiny II: Wild Wasteland, Ch.01

Postby Cheb » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:06 pm

Here we go :roll:

http://ranmafics.ru/fanfics/your_destin ... _01e.shtml

P.S. Booo, no one is commenting. I will *really* switch to coding my game engine. I mean it! Image
Last edited by Cheb on Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud owner of 1.5 kilograms of Germanium transistors
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Re: The sequel to YDiA (aka part 5), Ch.01

Postby Cheb » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:39 pm

I corrected and expanded the last 25% of this chapter, mostly correcting the characters' motivation for investigating mutants and the final encounter with the Player Character.

I also reworked SM's new outfit and photoshopped an image (included in the chapter).

The name of the story will be:

Annuled Destiny II: Wild Wasteland

The teaser on FFnet will be:

Saotome Ranma, Tendou Akane, Mizuno Ami, Tsukino Usagi. Accidental copies of themselves with no reason to return home, they were promised a world where they could start their lives anew, without old burdens... Welcome to the Wasteland, meet Chosen One.

Will draw a title image for the "book cover" featuring all 6 main characters before I release the fic at FFnet.
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Re: Annuled Destiny II: Wild Wasteland, Ch.01

Postby talonhunter » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:25 pm

Very interesting idea so far, and only a few spelling errors...(most likely from translation)...examples being an explosion goes Boom not Bom. I'll reread it again tonight and find the other misspellings I glanced past
Who needs the light when the shadows are so much more...Playful

Senshi of Dione (Saturn IV)

=^*^=
Come see some of the crew here
talonhunter
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Fellow Sufferer » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:46 pm

I'm not sure if I can believe Ranma's fit of self-consciousness at the end of the chapter there. Being nude never really bothered him that much - remember how he actually gave an interview at the end of the Martial Arts Takeout Race, sitting naked in a pond? I would argue that he would feel more embarrassed being unclothed in the presence of people he actually cares (such as Akane) about. And if he's totally okay with her (and his fellow Senshi) seeing him now, I don't think he'd raise any fuss about two total strangers.

And really, that tired old 'oh! naked person realizing they're naked' gag is old and tired.
'The question is,' said Alice, 'whether you can make words mean different things.'
'The question is,' said Humpty Dumpty, 'which is to be master - that's all.'

Fellow Sufferer
Senshi Cadet

Postby Cheb » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:38 pm

, sitting naked in a pond?

Eh? [re-checks manga]
A). It was audio-only interview.
B). She wasn't naked but wearing boxers
C). It was back in the happy no feminine modesty times.
D). She could hide her assets under the water surface if she wished to.

I'm not sure if I can believe Ranma's fit of self-consciousness

What's *not* to believe here?
- she was being appreciated by two manly men.
- there is no escaping the girl form now
In short, being locked (possibly forever) scares and disturbs Ranma greatly. She is holding on on sheer "when life gives you lemons, make lemonade".

is old and tired.

How could you say that about fanservice?
Heresy! :evil:

P.S.
an explosion goes Boom not Bom.

Corrected.
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby Fellow Sufferer » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:50 am

Cheb wrote:A). It was audio-only interview.
B). She wasn't naked but wearing boxers
C). It was back in the happy no feminine modesty times.
D). She could hide her assets under the water surface if she wished to.

So there were sad 'yes feminine modesty' times? Please, elaborate. When did they start?
What's *not* to believe here?
- she was being appreciated by two manly men.
- there is no escaping the girl form now
In short, being locked (possibly forever) scares and disturbs Ranma greatly. She is holding on on sheer "when life gives you lemons, make lemonade".

And when life gives you a female body, behave like a stereotypical girl? I can agree that being 'appreciated' by 'manly men' can engender a violent reaction, but not a bout of modesty. Ranma would more likely threaten them to cease and desist their ogling than be embarrassed about being seen naked.
How could you say that about fanservice?
Heresy! :evil:.

Guess I'm just jaded :| .
'The question is,' said Alice, 'whether you can make words mean different things.'
'The question is,' said Humpty Dumpty, 'which is to be master - that's all.'

Fellow Sufferer
Senshi Cadet

Postby Cheb » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:28 am

Well... I mean...

I postulate that Ranma was so jaded in the past because he used a defensive mechanism of thinking of his female form as a mask to be worn and discarded. A play pretend, if you like. That began changing when *she* became a Sailor Senshi. Unable to even imagine being separated from this power, Ranma came to perceive both bodies as his. A male and a lesbian female. But still male at heart.

But now, she is locked. That's a very bad thing. She knows than unless a miracle happens -- or she makes it happen -- she is nothing more than a 100%, real girl, her yuri orientation aside. While the male identity is slowly slipping away, more a code of conduct now than anything. She already had several bouts of disturbing nightmares off-screen in the prequel.

I see. I should elaborate on this further, ASAP.

, but not a bout of modesty.

Who said about *modesty*? She was mainly embarrassed at acting so stupid to forget, and thinking what image she was projecting. It was "Oh crap, I'm looking like an idiot! Flashing too!"
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:41 am

Cheb wrote:P.S. Booo, no one is commenting. I will *really* switch to coding my game engine. I mean it! Image

Sorry, you lost me after the ending to the first one, and this new crossover universe jars even less with SM and Ranma.

Cheb wrote:Well... I mean...

I postulate that Ranma was so jaded in the past because he used a defensive mechanism of thinking of his female form as a mask to be work and discarded. A play pretend, if you like. That began changing when *she* became a Sailor Senshi. Unable to even imagine being separated from this power, Ranma came to perceive both bodies as his. A male and a lesbian female. But still male at heart.

Lesbians aren't male at heart.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby Cheb » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:07 am

Lesbians aren't male at heart.

Argh... How should I phrase it properly...

He was seeing his girl side as an *extension* of his male core?
or
In reality they are of course not, but in Ranma's defensive mechanisms, his girl side, pretty much is.

Something like that.

Ranma is a quite skewed creature.

, and this new crossover universe jars even less with SM and Ranma.

But... but... but...

I was going to focus on the bloody hilarious aspects of the Falloutverse anyway.
:idea: Even nerfed, Ranma and Co are quite OP for this world.

P.S. After *finally* introducing the long planned multithreading/background loading subsystem, my engine isn't over the prose stage yet. I mean, it can write complex and beautifully composed crash reports, that's all that it can currently do. :oops:

P.P.S.
October 08.
After adding the tenth specimen to my panopticon of coding horrors man wasn't meant to know (all created by my own hand, sadly) and correcting it, I finally got the whole thing to run smoothly and perform as designed. Schedules resource management, can stretch creating a Frame Buffer Object across several frames, split to atomic steps. Displays loading screen automatically until all scheduled assets are dealt with. I'll get back to the fic when I get this out of my system, heh. :oops:

October 09.
Finally! I'm going to add the file manager (working in a background thread!), so my engine would be able to use .pk3 files. A child's task in comparioson, only needs some amount of boring manual conversion of a standard library. The innards of paszlib are too aged, but I want it to use my own brand of streams and my own error processing. I'll have to postpone the fanfic a bit longer.

October 10.
Argh. Caught fly, is eating brain. Head leaden. Can't anything. On a sick leave, but work accumulates at work :x
Last edited by Cheb on Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:33 am

P.S. After *finally* introducing the long planned multithreading/background loading subsystem, my engine isn't over the prose stage yet. I mean, it can write complex and beautifully composed crash reports, that's all that it can currently do.

Wonderful! It can take large game companies with dozens of coders YEARS to reach that level of achievement... :twisted:

:mrgreen:
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Return to Stories and C&C