Your Destiny is Annulled, ZE ENDO

This is for posting Fiction and C&C replies ONLY. Note this does not have to be a "fukufic" or even fanfiction. All completed /ready-for0review longform creative writing allowed. No posting of individual scenes; that is what the Outlines and Scenes section is for.Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Your Destiny is Annulled, ZE ENDO

Postby Cheb » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:51 pm

Heya! :D I bought myself a bamboo keyboard just to finish this story with style! 8)

So you now get the whole value pack: a downer ending, a gainax ending and a bittersweet ending :mrgreen:

The readers on FFnet won't be so lucky, suffering through these three chapters one a week.

http://ranmafics.ru/fanfics/your_destin ... a39e.shtml Old link expired August, 16
http://ranmafics.ru/fanfics/your_destin ... a40e.shtml Old link expired August, 19
http://ranmafics.ru/fanfics/your_destin ... a41e.shtml Old link expired August, 19

[dives under his table in anticipation of rotten tomatoes provided by the grateful readers]
Last edited by Cheb on Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Proud owner of 1.5 kilograms of Germanium transistors
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Re: Your Destiny is Annulled, ZE ENDO

Postby Spica75 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:55 pm

Heya! :D I bought myself a bamboo keyboard just to finish this story with style! 8)

Lol... Very pretty keyboard.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:08 pm

Are you sure its Bamboo? The grain doesn't look tight enough for that to me... It looks more evergreen/soft wood on the ring patterning to me. Possibly even Balsa or Pine.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Cheb » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:46 pm

Maybe not, but it's wooden and nice. Keys are plastic, though.

P.S. ARGH :evil: , the next day after I bought it they got a keyboard with *wooden* keys in stock! :cry:
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:54 pm

It happens. Still is a great one to have on hand.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:28 pm

I don't much like any of them. Feels rushed and too much like a deus ex machina just to get it over with.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby Cheb » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:59 am

Feels rushed and too much like a deus ex machina just to get it over with.

:cry:
And yet, they were all planned out before the story had even started. :(
Mind you, the ending is designed to be unfair and unsatisfying, as Ranma tangles with a sort of RL in this story.

and too much like a deus ex machina

And even with that, it was Setsuna who really saved the day.
Ranma and Co's efforts weren't in vain, either.
They really saved their world from a fate worse than death.
They just got punished for their good deed.

Feels rushed

That is true. I didn't want it to bog down bloating into ten more chapters, so I was cutting some edges.

and too much like a deus ex machina

Mostly because it was a mindless rewrite of the old version from back in 2006.
-- He talks to them right after the first confrontation, but then it's "Oh crap, an angel is drilling into the Geofront, we have two minutes!" and then pop! and he vanishes. I thought it would be much better to keep them in the dark until the end, groping blindly among unfamiliar rules.
-- The world of no return was a featureless gray plain with ants. It were ants with their lightning trick that got Akane. I thought that was not epic enough, so I changed the setting to a super-forest, made the ants miss (a hello of sorts to my old-time readers) and made Akane do herself in. the Ranma's Heroic BSOD was just reworked.
-- I don't know why I spent my time on the "Senshi in Siberia" subplot. IT was planned in the old version's times, but I ditched it then. I should have ditched it now, as it is meaningless. As the fic ends with a continuity reset, that adventure of theirs is a shaggy dog story anyway.

Does the ending fulfill its role as a sequel hook? :?

I promise, the sequel will be much, much better! :D
Is anyone up to guessing what franchise is it going to be? I scattered a lot of hints around. :roll:
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby Vocaloid » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:25 pm

Boart...now I need to go and read the whole thing from start to finish again because I lost track of where I was at in the story
Know Music, Know Life
No Music, No Life
Vocaloid
Asteroid Senshi

Postby OSMQEP » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:37 pm

Cheb wrote:I don't warm them

warm or warn?

As for 40 and 41, I confess that I may well have missed many details.

Some of this may be pacing and organization.

Mostly, my meager analytical abilities were choking on the big picture.

Essentially, this can be distilled into three areas.

Does the story satisfy? For me, part seems to hinge on whether Ahs is so horrible a place that merely escaping it counts as pay off for the length and difficulty.

The model the writer was using for the reader's expectations.

Thirdly, adding a political charge can be a good way of getting a reaction to a story.

To expand on these:

When I mentally strip out bits, I can view the end as an 'escape' caused by Setsuna's sacrifice and Ranma et al.'s efforts, and be satisfied as a reader. Provisionally, assuming certain things happen in the sequel. If such happens, I would consider this and the sequel two halves of a single story.

There are various theories as to what purpose writing a story has. One is that one writes to be read. People often do not like reading a bunch of things that are nothing but depressing. One way to avoid this is to include a moral victory if one has a physical defeat, (id est Alamo, Birkenhead, Cameron et cetera) another is to know one's audience. One who knows some of the canon for Sailor Moon or Ranma might expect the Sailors to eventually defeat the new supernatural menace, or for Ranma to eventually develop a counter for and defeat the new opponent and their new system of fighting.

I'm kinda seeing this as a physical defeat, the Sailors can't take Ahs-Ahch at this point, but perhaps a moral victory if they've escaped with a will to continue battle.

This was written in Russian, one assumes for an audience that learned their history mostly from Russian language sources. It seems fair to assume that the English language translation will have an audience with many people heavily informed by English language sources.

I am not entirely sure what purpose is served by the political content.

I've long thought that using Nazis as comic book super-villains risks hiding the truth of what they did. Yes, they are an easy way to get people from certain cultures to dislike the antagonists. Given how poorly history was covered in my school, it seems possible that as time goes on, there is an increased danger of people who only know the Nazis from Red Skull or Inglorious Bastards. Hence, devoid of important context, like Dachau, or the failure to defeat the Soviet Union. :) (I think the existence of the USSR was the major root cause of the Third Reich. I also think that a less crazy expansionist German empire might've been able to end the USSR; the Nazis were apparently welcomed as liberators at first.)

At first I thought your A-Asch was modeled off of the version from Legend of Koizumi. I'm in general able to find pro-Axis revisionist history in Anime and Manga. I'm not terribly impressed by the Koizumi version. Your version does not feel rigorously historical to me. I've been calling him V. A. Hitlenin, and can explain a coherent syncraticism.

Among other things, Hitler seems to fit the pathology of a spree killer. Spree killers are generally acting out a murderous dream. If someone doesn't manage it first, a lot of the time they suicide when reality diverges too much from the dream; when people get together and stop them. As such, I have doubts that he'd be at all useful to anyone after that particular break.

Likewise, I don't find J-Asch's characterization particularly compelling. The whole section of Ahs-Ahsh, A-Asch, J-Asch, and Setsuna talking didn't feel particularly distinct or interesting. Maybe I'm confused or wasn't paying close enough attention.

I do not see a point beyond adding emphasis to the argument that these are bad people, and should be destroyed.

Bringing in Beria in response to a high official abusing power to kidnap and rape young girls seems like bringing in JFK to run a troop of Girl Scouts after the previous leader had been found interfering with them.

Leaving aside the historic personalities, and the monologue on metaphysics, I have a desire to see Ahs destroyed.

When I got ready to read the final chapters, I had two desires; seeing the Man of Steel(who I thought might be Ahs-Ahsh) and his minion destroyed, and having an opportunity to make some V.A. Hitlenin jokes. I consider both disappointed.

Even without the implication that Ahs could be destroyed without destroying the contents of Ahs, I think it ought to be done on general principles.

Cheb wrote:Is anyone up to guessing what franchise is it going to be? I scattered a lot of hints around.

Mahouka. Tatsuya Yotsuba's Material Burst is just what The Doctor ordered to deal with the Ahs. /powerwankery

Can't be Lensmen. No Arisia, no Lens, no Lensmen.

EDIT: Made one of the needed grammar fixes, and changed some text sizes I'd forgotten when I'd first posted.
-Real Life has eaten my brain, but I shall return.
OSMQEP
Senshi Cadet

Postby Cheb » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:09 am

P.P.P.S. If would be grateful if someone pointed me If I failed to convey specific things (see below) :roll: There is still time to patch bugs in these chapters.

>I don't warm them
warm or warn?

Ugh :(
harm. Corrected.

that merely escaping it counts as pay off for the length and difficulty.

First and foremost, they saved their world by disconnecting it. After that, their own escape is only a cherry on top (though it may feel more important story-wise).

I will add more emphasis on them having saved their world. If this vital point is that easy to miss, it won't do. I will insert ham-handed references into all three chapters.

Thirdly, adding a political charge can be a good way of getting a reaction to a story.

It is purely in reply to all that "Nazi Crystal Tokyo" crap. It enrages me.

Provisionally, assuming certain things happen in the sequel.

Oh, they will! That universe is going to play to Ranma's strength, and will have lots of glorious ass kicking!

>Is anyone up to guessing what franchise is it going to be? I scattered a lot of hints around.
Mahouka. Tatsuya Yotsuba's Material Burst is just what The Doctor ordered to deal with the Ahs. /powerwankery
Can't be Lensmen. No Arisia, no Lens, no Lensmen.

A miss :)
There's a hint: it won't be any anime, nor manga, but a franchise born in the USA.

I'll be frank. This fic, as it is, was an experiment: can I write a story without any antagonist, a pure PVE (protagonist versus environment)? I deviated from that principle a bit by adding minor antagonists here and there. But then, these could be considered mobs, a part of the environment.
I must admit I am deadly tired of writing such a story. The answer is : yes, I can. But it is not too fun to write, and not as much fun to read.
I am going to cut loose in the sequel. Don't expect anything sooner than at least October, though. I am currently reviving the Cheb's Game Engine project and won't progress in writing unless I get that out of my system.

Mostly, my meager analytical abilities were choking on the big picture.

Overloading the reader's brain was my intent for Ch.40. It is the best and closest I can get to a Gainax ending. Every detail there is important, especially in explaining the sequel's universe, but there is too much -- by design -- to take in one go.

(I think the existence of the USSR was the major root cause of the Third Reich. I also think that a less crazy expansionist German empire might've been able to end the USSR; the Nazis were apparently welcomed as liberators at first.)

Bull. Shit. (forgive me my French) The German nation let their butthurt over the result of WW1 guide them (with a help from H.-man, whose Bard's Fire feat and CHA over 25 were totally misused). They were seeing Russia as nothing more than fertilizer for their empire, USSR or not.

At first I thought your A-Asch was modeled off of the version from Legend of Koizumi.

No, roughly his historical self, assuming
A) his portrayal in any media is deliberately inaccurate
B) he got a serious epiphany in the end when everything he strived for was crashing down around him.
In short, he had changed.

Just that you know, I read his "Mein Kampf" as part of my research for this chapter. I had to drop it after the first third, though, as it began subverting me. A sweet poison, indeed.

Among other things, Hitler seems to fit the pathology of a spree killer. Spree killers are generally acting out a murderous dream.

Not a spree killer. Just someone who used to put blame for his (and his Homeland's) failures on a certain social group. After his defeat, this develops into a sort of pathology. Isn't that in the line with Ranma characters?

I do not see a point beyond adding emphasis to the argument that these are bad people, and should be destroyed.

The point of this chapters is to hit the reader with a Lovecraftian-level revelation that they weren't villains in any meaningful sense. I loathe to state that outright, though, as such ham-handedness would be against the examples of Russian literature I follow in spirit.

They both were striving to make the world a better place. One by ridding it of the corrupting rot of Jews and communists. The other by ridding it of the corrupting rot of capitalism.
This fits the RL facts very well and fits the anime storytelling principles very well. There are no villains, only misguided good guys. Narutoverse would be a shining example.
Sure, there are inherently evil people. But they never make it to the top.
The fanon Setsuna, being a definite good guy, was manipulating time to protect Hitler. That's just a cherry on top.

, I have a desire to see Ahs destroyed.

That's my intent: you cannot destroy the system of evil without sacrificing a lot of innocent lives (unless the Almighty himself performs a copy-paste operation of its entire content sans metaphysics). That's a cornerstone of some of the best Soviet Sci-fi.
I will add ham-handed references stressing this point.

seeing the Man of Steel(who I thought might be Ahs-Ahsh) and his minion destroyed,

Well, excuse me my positive view on S.-man, but for the last years I was mostly reading novels of the "protagonist is time-displaced, lost in the past" sort. Getting into the 1941 / 1942 / years before thee War with a laptop full of historical and engineering data / a whole air-defense division / only tourist gear / a nuclear attack submarine, they then get to talk to Stalin warning Him of the future mistakes and traps. It always ends with USSR Kiiiicking Majoooor Aaaaass! Oh, and not collapsing ever.

I read dozens of these over the years, mostly the best ones. There are hundreds more, but these are mostly trash. The genre is crazy popular, though. I'd say a good fourth of the modern literature.

P.S. One of my favourite ones is when the wholw modern Russia is relocated from 2012 into 1941, just before the Nazi attack. Such an, ahem, large ISOT. Epic ass-kicking commences. It has a counterpart where USSR from 1941 is relocated in opposite direction, into 2012. It's then the pre-war USSR with its pathetic technology level against the modern, aggressive and hateful, Western world. Stalin wins anyway, because he is just that badass.

I don't find J-Asch's characterization particularly compelling.

Well, I admit my characterization of Him may be affected by these novels I read a lot. (a brutal, WH40K-level of brutal, good guy)

, and having an opportunity to make some V.A. Hitlenin jokes.

His first and foremost purpose (besides the secondary objective of playing a red herring to the mid-tier chapters) was his talk with Setsuna and them comparing notes.
Which is my manifesto in retort to all these stupid "Usagi is a Nazi, she brainwashes everyone".
She is the good guy. But then, so was Hitler. This is to show how easy it is to slip while walking the road to better future. It is pawed with good intentions, after all.
In short, Usagi has to walk the same road as they all were, without stepping into any of the traps.
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:33 pm

Stalin wins anyway, because he is just that badass.

:mrgreen:

I read dozens of these over the years, mostly the best ones. There are hundreds more, but these are mostly trash. The genre is crazy popular, though. I'd say a good fourth of the modern literature.

Any of the good ones available in English?

And have you read "The Foresight War"? It uses a British and German throwback only so USSR(and Japan) gets rather mauled, but it´s a decent enough book(written by Tony "Autogun" Williams(writes books on automatic weapons)).
Also, if you ever find a subtitled version of Konpeki no Kantai, do give me a shout. It has Yamamoto thrown back to 1904 instead of dying...

And i just happen to be writing a crossover between those 2... :twisted:
(probably my most problematic story by far, insanely much to be kept track of)
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Cheb » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:44 pm

Any of the good ones available in English?

Not that I know of, sorry :( I don't think this stuff gets translated much.

P.S. One more hint: the world of the sequel was a carbon copy of our own until 1945 when it merged with Ahs. It was freed in 2049. During that time period, the technical progress stagnated, distorting horribly and making that world very unlike our own or whatever we could expect in 2049 bar WW3.

Here. The promised ham-handed remarks:

“No,” Ahs-Ahsch replied this time. “Any attempt to copy anyone in any direction now requires my intervention, which would cause the plan to fail. Condemning your world to ethernity in this hell of ours... Don't even ask.” He looked at Usagi stricken with grief, then he suggested tentatively: “Well, we could disintegrate her to end her suffering, as her copy will remain somewhere anyway...”

“I believe in them,” Usagi said quietly but with conviction. “They made it. Our world is saved.” She sighed with immense relief, deflating. Akane had do support her.

Setsuna doesn't have a reply to that, so Ahs-Ahch continues: “I realize, of course, I'm not suitable to be the highest judge. But refusing the role is technically impossible. Just don't ask me how I managed to blunder into the title, that's an embarrassingly stupid story... But I can't transfer this burden to another without destroying Ahs in the process. Nor can I simply go freeing worlds at whim. The system is too hard-stabilized, with too many homeostatic feedback chains. I'm simply not skilled enough to defeat it on my own. But there's no one beside me able to even think about that. Besides, even without that handicap, I'm isolated. I can't even socialize with anyone, the allure of absolute power is too strong. Even the most firm ones buckle in the end asking me for something! I wouldn't mind, but if I let myself agree, this process will continue trending up! While there is only one of me, I cant clone myself. I had to create a totalitarian hierarchical system to have at

“Well...” Ahs-Asch drawled. “I would be glad, of course, if you stayed with me. There are too few good, trustworthy operators. But being a realist, I'm sure you will choose the chance to leave the confines of Ahs. After all, getting stuck here as areward for saving your world from a fate, I dare say, worse than death, is hardly fair. I'll get my new operators somehow. After all, Stalin and Hitler alone are worth a dozen.”

“Yours?” Ahs-Asch said with a start, waking from his reverie. “For you, there's a loophole leading out of Ahs. The method itself is quite insane, so the transfer would be risky. The probability of simply dying instead of getting out is quite high. But I'm sure that you will prefer that daring escape to staying in our grim panopticon of post-apocalyptic worlds...” He lowered his voice. “If you get out, her,” he pointed at the softly crying Usagi, “reality warping powers would work again. I admit I know no other ways to deal with depression except one's favorite labor.”

“Yeah!” Ranma proposed merrily. “Let's take a vacation. We deserve it after saving our world and stuff. That gruelling race may have been fun, but it took a lot out of me. So! We are going to play on this beach until we get sick of it.” Her eyes lit with a mischievous glint. “We can teach the uncute tomboy to swim while we are at it.”

Still, there was one big, warm consolation. Their loved ones haven't lost {i}them{/i}. Their home world they lost forever was {i}safe{/i}. Somewhere infinitely far away, another Ranma and Akane were fighting against their fathers' machinations. Another Ami was busying herself with cram schools and extra study, barely seeing her mother. Another Usagi was being hugged by her Mamoru.
Last edited by Cheb on Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby Cheb » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:11 pm

"The Foresight War"?

Thank you , I'll look if I can get it

of Konpeki no Kantai

That's a second one after Zipang. Zipan was disappointing, though. Wusses. :(

if you ever find a subtitled version, do give me a shout.

I will.
I found the subtitle-less version in our file sharing network instantly :(

And i just happen to be writing a crossover between those 2...

Hard work. Gleb Doynikov with his "Varyag the Victorious" was supported by a whole forum of alt-history fanatics, on par with Spacebattles I'd say.
On the other hand, his book came out as hopelessly mired in technical detail. His battles are to the level of almost every shell, how it was being fired, what did it hit, whom it killed and how, and the damage it did, in meticulous description. The characters kind of get lost behind all that. :?
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:46 pm

Gleb Doynikov with his "Varyag the Victorious" was supported by a whole forum of alt-history fanatics, on par with Spacebattles I'd say.
On the other hand, his book came out as hopelessly mired in technical detail. His battles are to the level of almost every shell, how it was being fired, what did it hit, whom it killed and how, and the damage it did, in meticulous description. The characters kind of get lost behind all that. :?

Ouch. Well that´s definitely NOT how i´m writing it!

Hard work.

Hah, "hard" doesn´t even begin to describe it. :mrgreen:
Still, i have a friend on the forum owned by the author of TFW, and people there have done quite a lot of discussing about the book as is, the book as the writer may do a new version of it, and a bunch of "what if´s" in regards to other countries, so, hoardes of information available.
And i have a friend which like myself is a history nutcase.

Still, i´m just starting to get into the "big" decisions in how and where to go with the events.

SPOILER - Show Spoiler
TFW has a Brit and German throwback arrive from 2004 to 1934 while Konpeki no Kantai has Yamamoto(and another, "less important") thrown back to 1904, to get around some troublesome issues (like the way the Japanese political climate settled after years of literally cutthroat and backstabbing competition) i changed that to 1894, and added a modern throwback from 2014 to "level out" with the TFW ones...

To make things not become totally crazy, i´m using a combination of "rubberband history" and "butterfly theory", essentially picking and choosing, keeping the new timeline just close enough to OTL that the TFW throwbacks does not initially realise that they´re not the first.

1st major change is that Japan preempts the Spanish-american war just enough to be the nation taking over the Philippines and Guam instead of USA. This allows a massive boost to the new empire(and becomes a training ground for how to not be arrogant bastards when interacting with "outsiders", effectively bringing in the internationalist bent of the 1920s much earlier and having it stay).
2nd major change, after WWI, Japan settles on being "neutral" in regards to the Russian civil war, preventing USA from invading in the far east (historically, Japan and USA cooperated and pushed across Sibiria while UK invaded European Russia), letting the Russian civil war become a much shorter affair and setting itself up for friendly access to Sibiria as well as good diplomatic terms...

Intended consequence, USSR can be nudged into being less extreme and stronger.
Unintended consequence, German trade and interaction with USSR also boosts Germany between WWI and WWII, with the German throwback added in 1934... Not quite what they meant to happen.

In TFW, the UK with foreknowledge decide not to give guarantees to Poland, to avoid risking BEF in France, instead preparing to intervene in Norway as the initial fight. In TFW, they succeed there, but that is something i simply must change, because otherwise i´m almost certain that Sweden would have aligned itself with UK, or at least more against Germany early, which in 1940 or 1941 would have been a small disaster for German industry.
So in my version, there will be quite a fight there, but the Germans having a much easier supplyroute will win.

Shortly before that however, will come nasty surprise for UK, as Japan has done some buffing up of Italy and gets them to declare war on UK, on their own, for the sole purpose of getting total strategic surprise in taking Gibraltar and Malta(and less importantly, starting a serious drive against the Suez).

The Japanese throwbacks also semicovertly got the French to improve a few things, with the aim of having Germany stopped or at least greatly slowed down compared to historically. Now however with the German throwback that they don´t find out about until late -30s, and a Germany in overall better shape, the campaign against France is only somewhat slowed down although a good deal more bloody.

Because of Japan being a major economic node, prepared for the "great depression", it isn´t quite so great, leaving the world overall slightly less affected, and as another unintended consequence USA with more cash to spend on military toys. At the same time, Japan has spent a fair amount of time on messing with US politics, among other things, to try to delay useful tech going into common use.
So by 1940, USA has a fair amount larger fleet and airforce, but is maybe a year behind historically in what hardware it uses.

Japanese throwbacks endgame is to try to stabilise a decently modernised world where they hold a "nice little friendly empire" in the north/west/central Pacific, while USA is effectively locked to the American continent, while the British and French colonies are liberated(preferably added to the empire but not forced to such(ie. they´re very much trying to push a VERY nice kind of imperial style, along with a dogma that is more into "be the best you can be" instead of the "ubermensch" crap)).

USSR is quite a bit stronger, but part of the reason for that is because it has maintained a more balanced military stance, so while its military is of higher quality, especially in hardware, the German army has been buffed way too much for them to handle soon.
And with Italy safely fortressed behind the Gibraltar defenses, and after taking the French colonies in West Africa, seriously messing with UKs ability to send merchant traffic around Africa at all, there´s suddenly quite a powerful axis position.

Which for the Japanese throwbacks is a big problem as they draw a fair amount of raw materials from Sibirian investments, so USA will have to be dealt with sooner than planned(especially to avoid risking a situation where USSR needs UK/US help while Japan is at war with USA).
So, mid-late 1940, starts the invasion of Hawaii, after having deliberately made sure that diplomatic affairs goes in the crapper (historically, USA was effectively trying to force Japan to do a number of things, some realistic and good, others essentially just trying to keep Japan from interfering with US colonial interests and empirebuilding in the Pacific, so with a much more blatantly imperial Japan and a militarily stronger USA, there will be no lack of issues to be valid cause for war).

Phew, now i´m too tired to write more! :mrgreen:

If you have any comments, go ahead.

I will.
I found the subtitle-less version in our file sharing network instantly

Yeah, i´ve also found it and d/l it a couple of years ago, but my Japanese just sooo totally isn´t up to getting more than a few words here and there from something like that.

That's a second one after Zipang. Zipan was disappointing, though. Wusses.

:mrgreen:

Well, modern Japan does have a very serious amount of pacifism ingrained, so... And don´t forget, the crew knows fairly well that the Japanese facist government at the time is really nasty, which makes it a far from easy choice exactly what to do.

Still, i would really have liked to see a sequel. The series really feels like it´s HALF the story.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:09 pm

Cheb wrote:Does the ending fulfill its role as a sequel hook? :?

To me no, it seems like a weak conclusion that didn't really tie the various storylines together or justify all the effort put in to get to that point. Three different versions of the same thing didn't help either. Is this a pick your own adventure of a single narrative? :wink:

Felt like another chapter with higher stakes to it rather than a conclusion/launching off point for a completely separate series. :(
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Next

Return to Stories and C&C