Crimson Hunter - Ch 2

This is for posting Fiction and C&C replies ONLY. Note this does not have to be a "fukufic" or even fanfiction. All completed /ready-for0review longform creative writing allowed. No posting of individual scenes; that is what the Outlines and Scenes section is for.Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Crimson Hunter - Ch 2

Postby Konsaki » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:40 pm

Link to the working document on Google Docs: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ALg ... aDCHb80XCU

o0O0o

Crimson Hunter
A Ranma 1/2 and One Piece FanFiction
Written by: Konsaki

Makino furiously massaged her temples, trying futilely to relieve some of her accumulated stress as she walked down the main street of the town. “I swear, I never dropped you on your head as a baby. So, how did it get into your fool head that jumping from the roof was a good idea?!”

Ranma winced slightly at the tone her mother’s words held; equip parts worry and anger but straining to be ‘conversational’. “It was for fall training.”

Scrunching her brow together at her daughter’s answer, Makino could just feel the start of a stress induced headache starting. “‘Fall training?’ Why the… Why would you jump off the roof for ‘fall training’?!” She repeated, her tone unamused with the response.

“Because I was done with the trees.” The redheaded twelve year old easily replied, as if her reasoning should be completely obvious.

The black haired woman continued rubbing at her temples to no effect. Worry, anger, fear and incredulity warred within the woman before she fell back on a simple response. “You’re grounded.”

“What?! But, Mama!” The growing girl cried out in shock, rushing forward to stand before her mother.

“Don’t ‘but, Mama’ me, young lady!” Makino cut in, interrupting her daughter’s complaint harshly. “You think this is some sort of game? You could have been seriously hurt! Did you even think about that?!” Coming to a complete stop, shook her head as she pinched the bridge of her nose. “I can’t believe we’re having this conversation right now, I really can’t.”

“But Mama, I only broke my arm.” Ranma stated, lifting her slinged arm before immediately wincing and letting it back down.

Continuing to pinch the bridge of her nose, Makino felt her stomach flip slightly at the memory of the event only a couple hours ago. Her walking out the back door to call her daughter to lunch only to have a red and black blur fall nearby, a sickening crack of a bone breaking filling the air. That in itself was gut turning to the woman, but the sight of her daughter only grunting as she reset the damn thing with another resounding crunch… A shiver crawled up her spine.

“You’re damn lucky you didn’t break your neck!” Her voice raised loudly enough to garner the attention of a few other pedestrians. Once they realised the participants, they calmly went back around their business. “That’s it! No more martial arts!”

Deep blue eyes flashed wide at that proclamation, a desperate cry coming from the girl, “Nooo! You can’t!”

“I can’t?” Makino parroted incredulously before she put her foot down, pointedly ignoring the tears forming in her daughter’s eyes.. “I can and I will, if it keeps you from trying to kill yourself!” Grabbing her daughter’s uninjured arm, the displeased mother dragged her pre-teen daughter into their family owned ‘Party’s Bar’. “Really; jumping off the roof!? Where did you get the idea to do such a foolish, crazy thing?!”

The girl just rubbed her casted arm, staring at the wooden floor and muttering something just low enough the mother couldn’t make it out.

“Well? Speak up, daughter.” Makino directed, crossing her arms beneath her chest while tapping a foot.

“From boy me.”

What with her redheaded daughter still talking to the floor, Makino barely understood the low answer. “‘Boy you?’” She repeated in confusion before a frown took her lips. “What did I tell you about making up stories, young lady! Think carefully before you lie to me again.”

Whatever she had expected, it wasn’t seeing her daughter jerk her head up in anger and hurt. “I’m not lying!” The girl yelled out, vehemently. “I knew you wouldn’t believe me but it’s true! Granny Weatherwax believed me! She said I’m an ‘old soul’ and you don’t know anything!”

So shocked by her daughter’s startling outburst, Makino failed to react as Ranma bolted from the room, ran upstairs and slammed the door to her bedroom.

Once the woman gathered herself, a look of consternation held her face as she decided what she should do… or rather, who she should go have a talk with.

o0O0o

A/N - The next section will be skipping the Makino/Weatherwax conversation, as I don't want Granny to be an actual screen time character. After this, she probably wont be mentioned again.
The next scene will consist of another conversation between Makino and Ranma during the same day.
Konsaki
Asteroid Senshi

Re: Crimson Hunter - Ch 2

Postby ijp92 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:14 pm

I cannot overstate how excited I am to see you continuing this story.
ijp92
Senshi Cadet

Postby Konsaki » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:10 am

Stepping back into her tavern, Makino felt even more drained than when she had left an hour ago. Sliding down into a nearby seat, the woman removed the checkered kerchief from her head and ran a hand through her long raven hair.

“That woman really doesn’t hold anything back.” She mused lightly to herself, propping her head up from the table with her hands and elbows.

When she had originally left Party’s Bar to confront the old woman about her daughter’s words, Makino hadn’t expected the browbeating she had received from Granny. The common saying around town that Granny ‘didn’t tell you what you wanted to hear but what you needed to hear’ seemed to be true… to a point.

The major point of contention Makino still had was the idea that her daughter was seeing into a past life or something of that sort. It just seemed too fantastical to the down to earth woman.

‘But what if it was true?’

That question kept finding its way back to the forefront of her thoughts, as she tried to piece together all the signs Granny had pointed out to the young mother. Some of her daughter’s quirks and drives could be linked to those of a past life… or they could be just the wild imagination of a growing girl trying to find her own place in the world.

Either way, one thing was certain to the woman, as she stood up from the table and made her way upstairs; that little redheaded girl was still her beloved daughter and she’d move the world for her if she could.

Standing before the door to Ranma’s room, Makino took a deep breath to fully calm herself. Hearing nothing coming from inside the bedroom, Makino slowly turned the knob and pushed the door inward. “Ranma?”

Hearing her mother’s tentative call, the redhead looked up from her bed where she was reading a book on boxing. The glare she gave her mother had Makino wince, following up the silent glare with rolling over to lay with her back to the door. Letting out a soft sigh, Makino pushed her way fully into the room, lightly sitting on the edge of her daughter’s bed.

“Ranma… Honey, I just want you to know that I still love you and nothing will ever change that.” She stated, softly stroking her daughter’s lengthy loose hair. While she didn’t get a response, her daughter didn’t flinch away, which gave her strength to go on. “I just… You don’t know how scared I was when I saw you fall. When I heard that ‘snap’, I thought… I thought I had lost you!” As she said that, Makino could feel her eyes tearing up at remembering how she felt.

Hearing the emotion in her mother’s voice, Ranma partly rolled back with a curious look on her face. “You were scared?”

Lips quirking upward at the small victory of engaging her daughter, Makino nodded as she continued to stroke her daughter’s crimson mane. “Yes, Honey. I was very scared.” Seeing the scrunching of her daughter’s eyebrows, she continued. “Remember how scared you were when I said ‘No more martial arts’?” Seeing her daughter’s nod, Makino touched a finger to her daughter’s nose. “I was a thousand times more scared than that.”

Ranma looked up in awe for a moment before the girl’s face took a defiant tilt. “I’m not giving up! I’m still going to be the best martial artist in the world! You can’t stop me!”

Letting out a long sigh, Makino closed her eyes and wiped at them. “I’m not going to make you stop training, Ranma.” Seeing her daughter calm down a little, she stated, “I do want to you be more careful, though!” Gripping the girl’s hand within her’s, she gave it a squeeze. “I don’t know what I’d do if I ever lost you! You mean the world to me, Ranma!”

“Really?”

“Really.” Makino assured with a smile, wiping at her eyes.

“So, I’m not grounded?” Ranma asked hopefully, an upward tilt to her voice.

“Oh, no. You’re still grounded, young lady.” Makino shut down that line of thought, though a smile still graced her lips at the sheer cheek her daughter showed. “Unless you’re running an errand for me, you’re not to leave the house for the rest of the week, understood?”

“But, why?” The girl lightly whined, clearly not pleased.

“Because you still need to be punished for doing something so dangerous.” The black haired mother said in a tone of finality before she lightened up immediately afterwards. “Now, come on; lets go down and make dinner, okay?” Her lips quirked into a small grin, “Besides, young martial artists need to learn how to do things with just one hand, right?”

o0O0o

A/N - for those of you who tried out the link, I fixed the permissions so you should be able to view and comment as default.
Konsaki
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:32 am

Yes! Finally an update.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Konsaki » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:56 am

It was a couple months later, the sun shining down in all its glory outside on the bright May day… all to spite Ranma’s poor fate of being stuck inside Party’s Bar while her mother was having tea at a friend’s house.

Sighing once more, in so many minutes, the redheaded girl put yet another clean beer mug into a draining rack.

Hearing the swinging doors push open, Ranma didn’t even look up as she let out an emotionless greeting. “Welcome to Party’s Bar. I’ll be with you in a second.”

“Ranma! Happy Birthday!”

Blinking at the unexpected response, Ranma jerked her head up to look over the bar. There standing just inside the entrance was a familiar, if older, boy wearing an iconic straw hat; face sporting the widest grin it could hold.

“Luffy?” She asked in wonder, stepping out from behind the bar. “Luffy! Where have you been, you little runt?!” She cried out happily as she ran over and picking him up in a crushing hug, easily spinning around with the slightly smaller child before putting him back on his feet.

“Shishishishi! Grandpa took me up into the mountains to live with Ace and Dadan!” The black haired boy cheerfully replied with a laugh. A sudden realisation hit him a moment later as he broke out of the hug and gestured towards someone behind him. “Oh, yeah! Ace, this is my sister, Ranma! Ranma, this is my brother, Ace!”

Ranma blinked once more in surprise caused by her prodigal brother. Looking past Luffy, she took in another black haired boy who looked to be her age. He had freckles and a rather large forehead which his shaggy black mane mostly covered.

Ace also held a frown on his face and something in his eyes as he sized her up as well.

Ranma decided right then and there that she didn’t like the punk.

Reaching out with an offered hand, she stiffly stated, “Nice to meet you, Ace.”

“Yeah, you too.” The boy replied with a similarly stiff smile as he gripped her hand tightly.

“I didn’t know Luffy had a brother.” The redheaded girl commented, tightening her grip in return.

Ace’s grin quirked slightly, as he pressed back. “We’re blood brothers. The both of us and Sabo drank to it.”

“And we’re one big family now!” Luffy broke in, breaking the silent war of endurance by gathering the two older siblings into a big hug.

Giving Ace one last look, Ranma flashed a genuine smile to her little brother. “It’s great to see you again, runt! Are you here to stay?”

“No, we’ve got to go back to the mountains before dark.” Ace answered as he broke free of Luffy. “We’re only here because Luffy wanted to see you and Dadan made me bring him.”

“Well, wasn’t that nice of you.” Ranma bluntly replied, hands on her hips.

“Yeah, Ace is great!” Luffy exclaimed, not picking up on the sarcasm at all. Then he hit a fist into the palm of his hand before rummaging around into the bag thrown over his shoulder. “Oh, yeah! I almost forgot to give you this! Happy Birthday, Ranma!”

The redheaded girl suddenly found a badly giftwrapped book pushed into her hands by the younger aspiring ‘Pirate King’. Running her fingers over the present, Ranma felt her eyes misting up. “You remembered…”

“Shishishi!” Luffy laughed in minor embarrassment, scratching the back of his head with a face splitting grin. “I’m a couple days late, sorry.”

Ranma could only let out a quick laugh at her little brother’s antics. “I forgive you, Luffy.” She assured him as she wiped her eyes.

“So, open it! Open it!” Luffy bubbled excitedly, hopping up and down with energy. Ace just rolled his eyes at the antics.

Smiling, the now teenaged girl did just that, peeling away the ratty paper to reveal the book underneath. “Dread Robert’s guide to Swashbuckling” She read out loud before flipping open the book to a random page. Quickly scanning the text and diagrams detailing sword fighting on a rolling ship, Ranma flipped to a few more pages before closing the aging book with a wide smile. “It’s great! Thanks, Luffy!” She exclaimed before wrapping him up in another quick hug.

“Yeah! I have to let Sabo know how much you liked it!” Luffy happily stated. “I told him about Shanks giving you those swords and he suggested this as a present.”

“Well, you both did a good job.” She complimented before letting out an embarrassed squawk. “Ahh! I missed your birthday, too!”

“Shishishi! It’s alright! You didn’t know we’d be coming.” Luffy waved off the concern with a laugh and a grin.

Ranma still felt a little bad, getting a gift from her brother and not having anything to give in return. Then it dawned on her. “I know, how about I make you guys a big meal!”

“Yeah! Food!” Luffy cheered, throwing his fists into the air, his arms stretching slightly before snapping back into place.

“I won’t turn it down.” Ace commented but glanced out into the afternoon light outside. “After that, we’ve got to head back or else we can’t train with Sabo.”

As the two boys took seats at the bar, Ranma stepped around behind it and fired up a skillet. After dropping some oil and fish filets in to fry, she set up a round of three shot glasses full of sake. Grabbing a glass, the crimson haired girl raised it and stated, “To Luffy’s birthday!”

“To Ranma’s birthday!” Luffy counter cheered.

Seeing both of their gazes on him after a moment of silence, Ace sighed. “Fine, to both your birthdays.”

With that, they shot the clear alcohol, each letting out a loud breath soon afterwards.

“That was pretty good.” Ace stated, looking at the empty shot glass.

“Yeah, but it’s not the best we have. Mom would kill me if she found out I’d used that.” Ranma admitted, taking the empty glasses and cleaning up the evidence. Checking the fish, she asked the elder boy, “So, what are you guys training for?”

“To be the Pirate King!” Luffy blurted out at the top of his lungs.

Wincing at the proximity and rubbing his ear, Ace nodded. “Yeah, need to know how to fight to be a good pirate. We’re going to start our own crew once we save up enough for a ship.”

“I know! You should come back and train with us, Ranma!” Luffy suggested happily.

Ace looked at the girl who was flipping their fish sceptically. “You sure, Luffy? She doesn’t look all that tough.”

“She almost took down Grandpa in one hit!” Luffy solemnly stated, for once not in his loud voice.

The change in tone and the statement almost caused Ace’s eyes to bug out of their sockets in surprise while Ranma preened, flipping some errant red hair over her shoulder. “Are you serious?! You almost took down Garp in one hit?!”

“When his grandfather tried to take him away from Mom and me, I challenged him to a duel. He gave me one free shot to floor him and win.”

“She almost did it, too!” Luffy chimed in. “Grandpa walked funny for the next couple of hours!”

“Huh.” Ace mused, rubbing his chin as he looked at the girl in a new light. “Maybe you would be a challenge to fight.”

“Damn right, I would be!” Ranma stated, flipping the fish onto some slices of bread and adding some toppings. Sliding the fish sandwiches onto the bar, she said, “Here you go, Luffy. Ace.”

While Luffy tore into his belated birthday meal, Ranma stood across from Ace over the bar. “So, where exactly are you guys staying in the mountains? I’ll see if I can’t come up there and hand you your ass sometime.”

Ace smirked as he bit into sandwich, raising his eyebrow slightly at the good taste. Swallowing the bite, he started to give the girl the directions. “Well, first, you go up Old Man’s Bluff till you get to…”

o0O0o

A/N - Ages: Ace - 14, Ranma -13, Luffy 11
Konsaki
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Konsaki » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:36 pm

Taking a moment’s rest on a fallen tree trunk, Ranma took a sip from her canteen. Glancing around, she couldn’t help but grin like a loon at the vastness of nature surrounding her. Craggy walls of rock to climb, trees towering high enough to match the tallest windmill in Foosha village and a crashing waterfall filling a small basin.

“I’m definitely coming back here.” Ranma stated to herself, as she made a mental note of how she got to this location.

It wasn’t even noon yet, which was good as she had a little ways to go, but it felt great to be out on another training trip. Of course, Ranma had to cajole her mother into realising she was almost a grown woman now and could look after herself. Really, she was thirteen and was practically an adult!

Deciding she had had enough of a break, she checked her gear to make sure she didn’t forget anything. Crimson hair tied up in a long braid, deep forest green t-shirt and a pair of light-blue jean shorts. The sword her father gave her, Blazing Thunder, strapped to her left hip on a self-made sword belt.

Nodding to herself, the teenager picked up her pack and started back up her trek to the hideout Ace had given her directions to a couple weeks ago.

She could have been to her destination already but the explorer in her had the girl taking the most challenging routes when possible. Like now, where she made her way to a craggy bluff, spit on her hands and then started climbing. She knew there was a perfectly good path up not a few hundred meters away but this was training, damnit!

It was another few hours when a sore and dirty but pleased redhead found herself before a gigantic log longhouse in a large clearing.

Glancing around, Ranma saw the usual trappings of a place being lived in; clothes drying on a line, axe still stuck in a stump from the last wood cutting session and the smells of lunch drifting out of a few open windows. Not seeing anything really out of the ordinary, other than the huge size of the building, she crossed the opening and gave some solid knocks on the door.

After a few moments of silence in response, she pounded harder on the door with a fist, accompanying that with a yell. “Hello?! Luffy!? Ace!”

“What the hell is all this racket?” A voice boomed from inside before the door opened a moment later.

Ranma stepped back slightly, surprised by the mountain of a woman who opened the door, a displeased scowl holding her lips as she took a drag from her cigarette. The woman was late middle aged with long curly orange hair running down her shoulders. To call her beautiful though… would be like calling a Marine frigate a toy boat; you couldn't be more wrong.

Looking down over her manly chin with her beady eyes, the woman let loose a breath of smoke as she asked, “Who are you, girl, and what are you doing here?”

Steeling herself, Ranma squared her shoulders and stated, “I’m Ohmoto Ranma, Luffy’s sister, and I’m here to kick Ace’s ass.”

The large woman snorted at that. “You kicking Ace’s ass is something I could get behind; he needs someone to knock him down a peg or two.” She then took a long look at the young teen with a calculating eye. “Now that you mention it, though, Luffy’s been going off about some sister since Garp brought him up here. Don’t see the family resemblance though.”

“I adopted him before his grandfather took him away.” Ranma explained, putting her hands on her hips.

“Well, it’s no business of mine. Anyways, everyone’s out and about doing their own things right now. The boys should be back any time now for lunch, if you want to hang around.” With that offer, the woman moved back into the cabin, leaving the door open for the girl to follow.

“Thanks, Miss…” Ranma trailed off, closing the door behind her.

The woman let out another snorting laugh. “Hah! Been a while since anyone’s called me ‘Miss’!” Turning about to face the girl, she thumbed her chest and stated, “The name’s Curly Dadan but you can call me Dadan like everyone else.”

“Thanks for the hospitality, Dadan.” The crimson haired girl gave with a nod.

Dadan just shrugged before she moved her bulk back to the kitchen area. “Don’t mention it and there’s a basin over there if you want to wash up.” She waved off towards a metal bin on the side the room.

“Thanks!” Ranma happily set her pack down in a nearby chair and made her way over to clean her hands and face.

Stirring the large pot of stew on the wood stove, Dadan smirked to herself. “Well, at least Ace managed to get himself a good girlfriend while he was in town. You got the right attitude for keeping him in line.” The large woman let out a belly rolling laugh as the girl sputtered and spit out the water she was just washing her face with.

“I am not Ace’s girlfriend!” Ranma vehemently declared, wiping the dripping water from her face angrily. “I just want to fight him and kick his ass!”

“Yeah, fat chance of that happening.” A confident voice male voice cut in, causing both Ranma and Dadan to spot Ace standing right inside the front door.

Seeing the black haired teen with a smug grin on his face, crossing his arms over his chest, Ranma ground her teeth as she put the towel back on it’s hook. Slowly gaining a smirk, she unstrapped her sword and placed it next to her bag. “Oh, I’ll make you eat those words along with my fist. I’m not even going to need my sword to beat you.”

“Ladies first.” Ace sarcastically offered her the door.

Ranma just flipped him the bird as she sauntered out into the daylight once more, her crimson braid swinging along her back with each step.

As Ace followed her, Dadan could only shake her head and chuckle at the antics of youth as she added more curry to the stew.
Konsaki
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Konsaki » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:38 pm

“Ung…” The redheaded girl groaned out, touching her split lip and looking at the bloody fingers. “You’re not bad.”

Ace glanced over at the girl leaning against the trunk of a tree; his swollen shut left eye impairing his vision. Twinging at his bruised jaw, he answered back, “You’re pretty good, too.”

“Thanks.” Ranma accepted before rubbing her sore left breast. “But did you have to hit me in the boob? That hurt!”

“You left an opening.” The raven haired teen smirked in response before grimacing at another event in the fight. “Did you have to go for the nut shots? I barely blocked them all.”

“You left the openings.” Ranma smugly echoed in answer.

Ace just closed his eyes and sighed, begrudgingly giving her the point. “Touche.”

“Well, well. I finally meet Luffy’s long talked about sister and I find out she’s been wiping the floor with our eldest brother.”

Both beaten up teens turned their attention to the intruding voice, seeing a smiling young man leaning over a nearby boulder, his face propped up by both arms. He was wearing a bright blue shirt with a worn looking white cravat at his neck. Atop his short curly blonde hair was a large black top hat, blue goggles over the hat band.

“Sabo, if you think she’s so easy, you fight her.” Ace dryly identified the young man, spitting a bit of blood out the side of his mouth.

Laughing, Sabo raised his hands in a defensive gesture. “Oh, no; I think I’ll learn from your mistake and just say hello to our younger brother’s beautiful sister.”

Ranma just snorted at the swave air the same aged teen tried to put on, wincing as it aggravated her bruised side. “So you’re Luffy’s other blood brother, huh?”

“Yeah, that’s him.” Ace answered her question, waving a flippant hand towards the grinning Sabo. “What’s up, Sabo?”

“Oh, Dadan just wanted me to fetch you for lunch. Something about interrupting your makeout session with your girlfriend.” A wide grin on his face as he weathered the twin shouted denials from both battered teens.

Face still flush from the insinuation and the yelled denial, Ranma quickly tried to change the subject. The insinuation that she’d do something like that with Ace felt… wrong. “Hey, where’s Luffy?”

“Yeah! Weren’t you keeping an eye on him?” Ace immediately jumped on the topic change.

Sabo just waved off the concern for their younger brother. “He’s back at the cabin, Dadan dunking him in the water trough outside to clean all the mud off him.”

Ranma laughed lightly, pushing herself up slowly from the tree trunk. “That sounds about right. Mom would do the same thing when he lived with us, washing him down in the back yard.”

Standing as well, Ace favored his right leg slightly, feeling the bruised muscle objecting to use. “Well, come on. If we don’t get back soon, Luffy’s just going to eat everything and leave us nothing.”

After a few minutes of travel, the two battered teens limping as their limbs complained the entire way.

Eventually, Ranma got tired of the sideways glances Sabo kept giving her. “I know I’m hot but you can stop looking at me like that.”

Ace laughed as Sabo’s face reddened. Coughing into a fist, he appologised. “Sorry, I was just wondering what a great fight I must have missed to see Ace beat up so badly.” Grinning, he jabbed his raven haired brother in the shoulder, eliciting a pained hiss. “Usually, I have to go all out to get him looking so beat up.”

“Like you look any better once I get through with you.” Ace ground out, rubbing his sore arm.

“So, what you’re saying is I’m a good fighter and you want a piece of me.” Ranma smugly stated, clenching a fist at the top hat wearing teen.

“Yes… well, no… ah.” Sabo floundered, scratching the back of his neck, face flushed. He tried to regain his composure by coughing into his fist once more. “What I mean to say is, I’d like to challenge you at a later time, yes. But more importantly, I was considering asking you to join our crew.”

“Seriously, Sabo?” Ace glared at his blonde companion.

“Her feat of taking you down is evidence enough, Ace.”

“This is the crew you’re making with Luffy, right?” Ranma questioned with a quirked brow.

“Yeah, that’s what he’s talking about.” Ace confirmed, sniffing at the smells coming from the cabin they were approaching.

“Just think about it; fighting, fame, fortune and One Piece!” Sabo excitedly dreamed as Ace opened the door to the cabin.

“Piwat Kng!” Luffy tried to shout out in reaction, his mouth full of bread.

Ranma just palmed her face. “Swallow first, Luffy!”

Following her command, Luffy forced down the food in his mouth, a large lump visibly distending his stretchy throat all the way down. Once cleared, he clearly shouted this time. “I’m gonna be Pirate King!”

“Quit yelling in the house!” Dadan bellowed, whacking the loud boy across the back of his head.

“Some things never change.” Ranma sardonically reminisced with a small grin.

Ace just grimaced. “No matter how much you want them to.”

“We’re gonna find One Piece and become Pirate King!” Luffy excitedly stated, careful to keep his volume just low enough to not make Dadan mad.

“I thought there was only one Pirate King, but there are three of you.” Ranma pointed out a flaw she saw.

“I’m just in it for the adventure and freedom.” Sabo admitted with a smile.

Ace frowned. “I’m not interested in becoming Pirate King, so that just leaves Luffy.”

Said eleven year old was grinning like an idiot, spoon still held in hand as he thrust his hands up into the air in victory. “Pirate King!”

“Quit yelling!” Dadan bellowed out once more, even louder than the small child ever could be. The three teens silently shook their heads at the hypocrisy but let it go.

Smiling slightly, Ranma stated, “I’m not interested in being a pirate. Luffy already asked me when we were kids.” Shaking her head slightly, she closed a fist before her. “I’m going to be the greatest martial artist in the world.”

“Not the best swordswoman?” Sabo asked, having noticed the sheathed saber leaning against what her bag.

Ranma’s smile became more melancholic as she looked at Blazing Thunder.

“Shanks gave her that like he gave me his hat!” Luffy answered for her, pointing to the straw hat safely hung on the wall. Considering it was still too big for him, Dadan had suggested hanging it up until he grew older to keep it safe.

Ace and Sabo gave the girl weird looks at that proclamation. Ace shook it off first and stated, “You know, you’re gonna have to go to the Grand Line to do that, right?”

“Yeah, I know.” Ranma answered with a determined nod. “I’ve got to go there to show Shanks how far I’ve come and to challenge anyone who thinks they’re better than me.”

“So, why not join our crew?” Sabo asked again, confused since they planned go to go after One Piece, which was at the end of the Grand Line.

“Cause I need to follow my own path, just as you guys have yours.”
Konsaki
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:22 am

So, who whon in the end? Ace or Ranma? Both seem pretty beat up. Shouldn't Ranma have had an easier time against Ace with all the training she'd done for years?
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Konsaki » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:29 am

Dumbledork wrote:So, who whon in the end? Ace or Ranma?
I'm not telling. :twisted:
Dumbledork wrote:Both seem pretty beat up. Shouldn't Ranma have had an easier time against Ace with all the training she'd done for years?
Ranma has been practicing a more structured training style, using books and prior lifetime memories to work her way up. Ace has been brawling since around the same age Ranma started training.

Either way, I'm leaving it up to the reader to decide for the lulz. :twisted:
Konsaki
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Blackcat101 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:29 am

I will said it was a draw, still, I hope Ranma does the Bakusai and chestnuts fist training before she leaves to the grand line.
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Kyogre264 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:18 pm

It's great to see such a great story being continued. There are hundreds and thousands of fics on ff.net that have a great prologue or first chapter but have long since been abandoned due to evil gremlins which get in peoples heads and destroy story ideas.
Kyogre264
Initiate

Postby Spica75 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:35 pm

Kyogre264 wrote:It's great to see such a great story being continued. There are hundreds and thousands of fics on ff.net that have a great prologue or first chapter but have long since been abandoned due to evil gremlins which get in peoples heads and destroy story ideas.

Fierce and nasty creatures those gremlins.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby RobustPhysics » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:34 pm

Weird, I missed this. I saw chapter 1 on fanfiction.net, but never this one! Just re-read chapter 1 and went through this. I can't wait to see what future chapters are like <3

Although it's been almost a year since it was last updated? =s
RobustPhysics
Senshi Candidate

Return to Stories and C&C