The Cat and the Crystal Court

This is for posting Fiction and C&C replies ONLY. Note this does not have to be a "fukufic" or even fanfiction. All completed /ready-for0review longform creative writing allowed. No posting of individual scenes; that is what the Outlines and Scenes section is for.Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

The Cat and the Crystal Court

Postby talonhunter » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:48 pm

New story idea here for a SM/R crossover let me know what you think of the prelude and idea...

Ranma comes into contact with something left over from the silver millennium. Something that is making him uncomfortable in his male side. What could be left that even the vaunted senshi of Pluto failed to know was left?

I don't own Sailor Moon or Ranma 1/2. This story is not written for profit and no monies were made as a result either. As for dates and such, assuming Ranma to be 17 at this point and senshi to be roughly 17 for the inners,19 for Neptune and Uranus, and I'm gonna put Saturn around 16 due to her aging forward once more. Galaxia is recent past for the senshi and Ranma's battle with Safron is less than a month old. This means the characters all would be born from the mid nineties and since this will be 2014 Smartphones, laptops and Tablets are therefore not out of place here. I hope you enjoy my offering here.

:::Prelude:::

A ticking bomb...

Timeline...2003ish...
A young boy cries silent tears of fear as he trembles. The cats have all eaten what was wrapped and smeared on him a while ago, leaving him scratched over most of his body. How many times had it been so far? The young boy had lost count after the first week. How many starving cats could you hope to find and keep after all. Still, the boy felt he was failing his father by not learning this so called ultimate fighting technique. So he silently waited for his father to open the pit once more and check on his son and see if he had mastered the Neko-ken.

Digging his fingers into the earth in frustration, the boy finds something. Temporarily forgetting his fears and pain, he digs around more til he has uncovered something. It's cold and smoothe to the touch, but because it was dark, he couldn't see what it was. It had funny bumps over a small round shape and that was attached to a larger 3/4 rounded shape as well. Wrapping both his small hands over the thing, he wished he could learn this stupid martial arts thing already and not be put back in the pit anymore. The object in his hands suddenly warmed. It's ancient magics finding compatible souls nearby in the half hungry cats. In a flash, the cats all fell, their energy and souls rushing towards the weeping child. As the cats souls merged with his own, he screamed in shock and pain, for who wouldn't be in pain as several cat souls merged with their own. As he lost himself in the souls, the pit door flies open to reveal a man in sport glasses. Fleeing thru the open door, the boy shreds the clothing and pit door racing as a blur into the night as most scared cats will do when freedom is at hand. The man, now several shades of pale lighter and wearing a haunted look can only say one fearful word. "...Ranma?"
Who needs the light when the shadows are so much more...Playful

Senshi of Dione (Saturn IV)

=^*^=
Come see some of the crew here
talonhunter
Prism Power Senshi

Re: The Cat and the Crystal Court

Postby Dumbledork » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:33 pm

So, you changed Ranma into a Mau? Much too short to give an opinion yet.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby talonhunter » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:43 pm

Hilly could say that, but it will get more interesting in the next couple chapters. The pools of sorrow still have yet to meet Ranma...^_~

=^*^=
talonhunter
Prism Power Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:01 pm

talonhunter wrote:New story idea here for a SM/R crossover let me know what you think of the prelude and idea...

Barely an intro for a chapter and not much of a prelude, plus too few details to really look like an idea.

Ranma comes into contact with something left over from the silver millennium. Something that is making him uncomfortable in his male side.

Why? What purpose does it serve for that?
What could be left that even the vaunted senshi of Pluto failed to know was left?
A whole lot since that's not really her job or something she does.

A ticking bomb...

Timeline...2003ish...
A young boy cries silent tears of fear as he trembles. The cats have all eaten what was wrapped and smeared on him a while ago, leaving him scratched over most of his body. How many times had it been so far? The young boy had lost count after the first week. How many starving cats could you hope to find and keep after all. Still, the boy felt he was failing his father by not learning this so called ultimate fighting technique. So he silently waited for his father to open the pit once more and check on his son and see if he had mastered the Neko-ken.

Digging his fingers into the earth in frustration, the boy finds something. Temporarily forgetting his fears and pain, he digs around more til he has uncovered something. It's cold and smoothe to the touch, but because it was dark, he couldn't see what it was. It had funny bumps over a small round shape and that was attached to a larger 3/4 rounded shape as well. Wrapping both his small hands over the thing, he wished he could learn this stupid martial arts thing already and not be put back in the pit anymore. The object in his hands suddenly warmed. It's ancient magics finding compatible souls nearby in the half hungry cats. In a flash, the cats all fell, their energy and souls rushing towards the weeping child. As the cats souls merged with his own, he screamed in shock and pain, for who wouldn't be in pain as several cat souls merged with their own. As he lost himself in the souls, the pit door flies open to reveal a man in sport glasses. Fleeing thru the open door, the boy shreds the clothing and pit door racing as a blur into the night as most scared cats will do when freedom is at hand. The man, now several shades of pale lighter and wearing a haunted look can only say one fearful word. "...Ranma?"[/i]

:| I'm dubious over having that coincidence happen with such a cliched moment when Ranma was 10. Would add a lot to have him come into contact with whatever it is during some original crazy adventure he had with Genma.

I'm also concerned about the soul merging angle. Since usually that means there was a mau there or normal house cats are equated with an out space species. Or Ranma will just end up looking like a Mau in human form and somehow come across Usagi.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby WG_Writer » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:24 pm

my opinion is the date is unneeded and in the way. I have seen many fanfics end up losing much of their original impact years later when dates were implying something. I recommend removing it so you do not ruin the future of your story.
Storm trooper effect works against good guys as well.
No matter how strong you are, there is always a teenager able to beat you without breaking a sweat.
A blind Paladin can only hear half truths
A deaf Paladin can only see half truths
Either way the Paladin is a berserker
WG_Writer
Moon Senshi

Postby Blackcat101 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:47 am

For the story to work as it it, Ranma would not be a Mau, but more like some creature created by magic gone wrong. It was not only the moon that had magic, the Earth Kingdoom had the golden crystal, so maybe Ranma found something slightly less powerful?
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Postby talonhunter » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:22 pm

Black cat, your right. Ranma is something more then a Mau and the artifact he found is like the silver and gold crystals, and not nearly as strong due to other reasons. I'll be working on extending tge preface to give more details as well. (Working on a iPhone in notepad makes you loose track of timing and length at times)

=^*^=
talonhunter
Prism Power Senshi

Return to Stories and C&C