Favorite Company - (Reverse SI)

This is for posting Fiction and C&C replies ONLY. Note this does not have to be a "fukufic" or even fanfiction. All completed /ready-for0review longform creative writing allowed. No posting of individual scenes; that is what the Outlines and Scenes section is for.Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Re: Favorite Company - (Reverse SI)

Postby Ryu Gabriev » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:37 am

PCHeintz72 wrote:Not Bad... sadly not much to comment on.

One thing though, even as far as bets go, this seems a bit... tame for Q's standards.

While I profess ignorance to his personality, the guy from airbender seemed intelligent enough to know not to make too much in way of waves.

Jadzia could fit in just about anywhere.

Yohko I can see causing problems of the small sort. But even then, it would be mostly mudane, likely guy related. Since they are in the U.S. really does not have much in the way of truancy officers like described in legions of Japanese anime/manga/fan fiction, can't see her bring picked up.

Hmmm... After typing all that, I think to the old 80's movie Bill and Ted's Excellent adventure, with them taking all those misplaced people (Like Bee Toven and Ghengis Khan) to a mall... yeah... maybe this guy will have issues after all.

EDIT: Is this still all one chapter, or is the last scene the start of a new one? I ask as from a splitting up standpoint it makes sense to split them, but the scene breaks imply to me it is one chapter.

It is still one chapter so far, I'm holding myself to at least 10k word limits for chapters, but I'm willing to go higher if I need to. Also, remember the point of the Bet series: the smallest alteration that yields the greatest fallout is the winner. So Q can't really do his normally flamboyant way of doing things, but rest assured, there will be massive fallout with what's already happened.
Ryu Gabriev
Senshi Cadet

Postby Ryu Gabriev » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:38 am

ckosacranoid wrote:Q with an issues.....time machine, check, time displayed people, check, being with issues, check, visions of wacked out wonders of bill and ted movie priceless.....yoko reading about some of the lemons about her even more amusing...

LINKS. NAO.

With this I can make the fic better!!
Ryu Gabriev
Senshi Cadet

Postby Ryu Gabriev » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:48 pm

An odd windfall of time has allowed this to come back to life. Hope you like it.
My guests called me again near the end of my shift that night with a request to bring something to eat when I arrived. Thankfully, feeding three people for seven days shouldn’t be too great a burden on my bank account, given that Q’ll help me pull off a ‘miracle remission’ of my dad’s cancer after this. I just have to think of it as… paying it forward.

I showed up at the motel a little bit after nine, still in my uniform from Domino’s, with a pair of pizza sitting on my right hand and a few drinks to help wash them down. As I walked up the stairs to the gang’s room, I thought to just knock on their door and say hello, but my sense of humor suggested an opportunity to snag some laughs.

Which is why the moment Jadzia opened the door I said, “Not even interdimensional house guests can stop Domino’s!!”

Between the boisterous catch phrase, my chest puffed out for emphasis, and the pose I took at the door, the effect was instantaneous. Iroh was holding his gut in a deep belly laugh from where he sat, Yohko’s braids shivered and shook like leaves in time with her own giggles, and Jadzia had to use the door for support while she rode her own wave of mirth. I gave them a second to calm down before walking in, shutting the door behind me. The room itself was a simple twin bed option, with light wallpaper on the walls and a painted blue wood overlay at the bottom that linked up with the blue carpet upon the floor.

Iroh was sitting crosslegged style on the bed farthest from the door facing the TV, discovering the wonders of technology. Yohko sat on the opposing bed watching the Tube as well with her legs tucked up close to her chest and her head resting on her knees. Finally, the desk and chair on the far wall seemed to be where Jadzia had set up shop, as her Com Badge was sitting there opened up alongside various other bits of circuit boards and electronics tools.

“Sorry about that guys, but I just couldn’t help myself.” I apologized, cracking open one of the Arizona Green Teas I had brought with me before sitting down on the side of the bed that Iroh had commandeered. I focused on all the tech materials with a curious expression. Did I give Dax the money for this stuff? “Hey Dax, how’d you get the parts for this little operation of yours here?”

The Trill calmly walked back to her seat with something of an embarrassed grin on her face. “Well, suffice it to say I didn’t pay for the parts. They were… gifts, from a fan of my work you might say.”

I could feel a tick in my eye starting to develop. “So you ventured out into the world today, Jadzia?”

The grin faded from her lips before she stared at me with a slightly hardening expression. “Is something wrong with that?”

I met her glare with my own. “Besides the fact the only clothing you have is a two-day old Starfleet uniform that somebody is bound to recognize and a three hundred plus year old slug inside your belly? Not much.”

Her glare morphed into a smirk as she turned her attention back to her current project. “Well, unless someone can scan me without my knowledge, my symbiote is easy enough to hide. As for the uniform, I guess I’m just that good a cosplayer.”

For some reason, that casual flippancy of her situation really pisses me off. But before I could tear into her for it, Iroh suddenly let out a strangled cry of disgust. My head whipped over his way and I found the aging firebender holding one of the cans of green tea as far away from his person as his arm would allow. “What in all the world is this supposed to be?! It tastes like chilled leaf juice!”

I smirked at that. “Yes, Iroh, it’s called tea. Interesting, isn’t it?”

Iroh gave me a half-lidded stare for an instant before sighing aloud and gently placing the can upon the nearby night stand. “Jonathan, though your world is full of amazing technological marvels, it is quite clear your people know very little about the true wonder of tea. So tomorrow, as soon as we are able, I’ll would ask your assistance in journeying to the nearest marketplace for some ingredients.”

I felt faint as I heard that, doesn’t he know what’s riding on this?! “U-um, Iroh, I don’t think that’s a good idea really.”

The old General cocked his head in confusion. “And why is that? I would think it very wise that we begin to acquire the lay of the land so that we might better integrate into this world.”

I waved a hand in his direction to calm him, hoping he wouldn’t notice my rising tension. “Ahh, It’s not like you’ll be staying that long, right?”

The aged firebender narrowed his eyes in my direction before allowing a smirk to grace his lips. “My friend, you wouldn’t have been planning to keep us within this chamber for the next week, were you?”

Busted. I chuckled sheepishly at the spot-on accusation. “Um… no?”

Iroh just shook his head lightly while Jadzia and Yohko took their turns staring me down. I wilted slightly, but only a little. “Ok fine, bad Idea. But still-”

“Chi would kill me if I let this chance to see America go to waste, so don’t even think of stopping me, Jon!” Yohko quipped, before she turned back to the TV. “Besides, I wanna see some American cowboys!”

“But…”

“It would be nice to get some more components for these new Com Badges I’m working on…” Dax trailed off as she turned back to her work, hovering over her tricorder and new electronics tools.

“But…!”

I was cut off again as Iroh placed a hand on my shoulder. “I’m afraid you’ve been overruled, Jonathan. Come, let us sit and plan our outing tomorrow, and perhaps you can help me learn how Miss Yohko is altering the images on this Tea-Fee so expertly.”

My shoulders hitched, then slumped in surrender while a small smile grew on my face. If you can’t beat ‘em… “Ancient Wisdom: ‘Never surrender the remote without a fight.’

I just hope work can deal without me there for the next few days.

On a related note, this story might be picking up steam as my frustrations concerning my dad's deteriorating situation continue. Thank you for your patronage.
Ryu Gabriev
Senshi Cadet

Postby Ryu Gabriev » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:29 pm

As it turned out, my boss was actually rather understanding about the whole ‘sudden family visit’ I had to deal with. Sadly, that was the only thing easy about this impromptu guided tour, since Iroh, Dax and Yohko were still in the clothes they all showed up in a couple of nights ago. Which first meant one thing: New clothes for the lot of ‘em.
… oh, my aching wallet. Even so, a deal’s a deal, which was why I started the day by borrowing my mom’s tape measure from her old sewing kit before hightailing it out of the house in the direction of the hotel. If it hadn’t set in just yet, YES, I do still live with my parents, but these days it’s more of a in-family apartment setting instead of me living off of their dime.

In any case, along with the needed measuring device so that everyone’s size could be found and shopped for by my lonesome, was my laptop in it’s handy carrying case so that the gang could plan their day during the time I was away. With a speed borne of three years spent at my job, I hopped out of the car once I arrived and made my way up the stairs to their room. Once at the right door, I used the keycard they had provided me so I could enter and leave at leisure.

As I walked in I noticed Iroh fiddling with the complimentary coffee maker and the sound of running water coming from the bathroom, so I made myself known to whomever was in there. “Heyo! It’s Jonathan, ready to receive clothing requests and dropping off fancy technical gadgets!”

The voice of my favorite Devil Hunter rang out from the bathroom door. “Just a sec, Jon! Jadzia and I are still freshening up in here! Go play with Iroh or something till we come out.”

I blinked in confusion. “What’s she expect me to do, play Pai Sho with you?”

The aged firebender sighed wistfully from his position over the beverage maker. “Ah, if only we could. You have the look of a crafty player, my young friend.”

A snort escaped my lips. “Shows what you know, man. I couldn’t win at strategy games even if my life depended on it. Besides, I didn’t think to bring anything to play with me when I drove over here.”

Iroh waved it off with little concern. “Nothing to be concerned about. Come, I would like you to try a little experiment of mine.” With that, the tea connoisseur pulled a full, steaming pot of coffee from the maker as well as two complementary mugs from the counter. He set the items on the table in the corner and motioned for me to sit down on the bed next to the table while he himself took the only chair. “I discovered this ‘caw-fee’ of yours this morning. A rather potent brew, very bitter and stimulating. It’s made from ground up seeds, yes?”

Wow… he really is the master of tea. “Uh, beans actually. After they’re harvested the beans are dried and sometimes roasted to give the brew a particular flavor.” I gave my horsetail a tug before continuing. “It’s too bitter for my taste though, I’m more of a soda/energy drink guy in the mornings, myself.”

The retired general set both mugs on the table and began pouring a cup for himself and I. “So tell me, do you have any suspicions as to the why this ‘Q’ spirit has targeted you, and us, in this manner?”
I shrugged. “Trying to figure out Q is like trying to hit warp speed by running laps, ultimately useless and you exhaust yourself in the process.”

Iroh nodded, accepting my point and took swig from his mug, which prompted me to do the same. Honestly, I expected it to taste like coffee I’d had before at the prompting of one of my friends, creamed and sweetened but still having a detectable bitterness to it.

Almost the very instant the brew passed by my lips, I jerked my head back from my mug. “Wha-? Dude, no way is this coffee. This is like… like! Like Not-Coffee!!”

The aged firebender gave off a roar of laughter just as the bathroom door opened and the two visions of loveliness padded in with towels around their waists and, in Yohko’s case, one wrapped around her head. “Sorry we’re running so late, boys. It’s been an interesting experience having a shower using water instead of sonic waves, so I lost track of time.”

I smirked while discreetly adding the sight of the two girls to my long-term memory. “Null Sweat, Dax. The God of Brewing over here was just showing off his method for putting Folgers out of business.”

That earned me a raised eyebrow from the Trill scientist. “Oh? It’s that good, is it?”

I nodded and passed my mug over to Dax, smirking as she took a hit from it, before her face lit up in a smile. “No way a replicator could make something like this.”

The retired general gave off a grin while I turned away just long enough to put aside my computer bag. When I turned my attention back in the girls’ direction Yohko had just taken my mug from Dax and had a sip of it herself, before giving off a deep shiver in delight. “This is amazing! How’d you do it, Iroh?”

Iroh shrugged nonchalantly. “As I’ve always said to those who have asked, ‘The secret ingredient is Love.’”

My rolled around in my head before I continued speaking. “By the way, Ladies, at which point are the both of you gonna cover up those legs of yours better? Not that I’m not enjoying the view…”

Dax smirked and gave a wink before she turned back towards the bathroom as Yohko tried readjusting her own towel for better coverage. Which in hindsight proved to be a bad idea as the towel suddenly loosened and dropped away from her torso, revealing her feminine curves to all who might look her way at that particular moment. Which I was kinda already doing at the time of the surprise unveiling. Honestly though, it wasn’t my fault that my voice could still work without input from my brain! “Whoa… Some things really do get better with age.”

That was the last thing I knew for a while once Yohko’s mind reset and she decked me into a sudden nap.

Ahh, how I suffer in the name of beauty.
Last edited by Ryu Gabriev on Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ryu Gabriev
Senshi Cadet

Postby PCHeintz72 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:34 pm

Ouch... and he set himself up for a repeat once he explains that comment.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby ckosacranoid » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:37 pm

NICE T SEE MORE WORK ON THIS.
http://otakuracing.blogspot.com/
my blog for busniess and other things i do.
ckosacranoid
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Ryu Gabriev » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:04 pm

When I came to about an hour later, the first things I noticed were the concerned brown eyes of my favorite devil hunter looking me over for any other damage she might’ve dealt me by accident. Maybe that was where we first started to see each other in a very different light…

Yea. Right. What d’you think this is, a fanfic? The first thing I saw when I finally came to was the ugly white speckled ceiling of the hotel room. As I slowly moved into a sitting position, I glanced around the rented room finding Iroh watching what looked like the History Channel with a now familiar steaming teacup in his hands. “Welcome back, Jonathan. For a time, I was concerned you might be sleeping the rest of the day. Care for some tea?”

“If it can cure a headache, sure…” I gave my head a shake before looking about the room, noticing that I was shy two of my three visitors. “Iroh, please tell me that the girls are in the bathroom or something.”

“Actually, from what I understand of it, Miss Jadzia discovered how your funds were stored upon the...credit card, as well as how to release them from their confines.”

My eyes widened to their utmost as my brain flatlined at that little gem of information. “She. Did. WHAT?!” My hands quickly flew to the back pocket of my jeans, only to immediately notice the familiar bulge of my wallet no longer there. “Dax and I need to have a talk about personal boundaries when she gets back. Not to mention compensation.”

The retired general’s cup had bounced into the air briefly before landing back where it started, but otherwise Iroh seemed otherwise unruffled by my sudden outburst. “My friend, I’m certain Dax will not overtax your funds given your eventual need of them once we depart. You must have faith.”

Part of me felt like exploding simply on principle, but the calming presence of the firebender helped me keep my head. “Iroh, I know I should, but you have to understand something. If practically anyone from my own world found out how to access my bank account. they’d take everything they could without a second thought and many who learned of it would see me as in the wrong for not being careful enough. They’d be right, of course, but…”

The Dragon of the West nodded in understanding as he finished my sentence. “But still, such a loss would be devastating to you, especially as a reward for your kindness so far.”

“Don’t get me wrong, I know Dax wouldn’t do anything on purpose, it’s just the economy where she’s from has been on easy mode for a rather long time.” By this point, I’d noticed that I had risen to a standing position during this exchange and allowed myself to flop back down onto the bed with my legs crossed lotus style and my head lowered, thinking more about DS9 and Dax’s universe in general. “It’s kinda cool really, being able to travel to other planets like that. Used to be a dream of mine as a kid.”

My eyes rose back up to see the retired general holding another cup of steaming liquid towards me with a smile. “Perhaps you could tell me some of Jadzia’s world to pass the time until our lady friends return. From the sound of it, you admire her and her life quite a bit.”

I grinned before taking a sip of the tea to wet my whistle. “You could say that. Well if you wanna know, Iroh, first you need to understand the scale of things Dax’s used to. Guys, like you and me, we’re used to travel between continents across the ocean. Folks like Dax are used to travel between planets across outer space.”

The aged firebender’s eyes widened slightly before turning his gaze skyward. “Traveling the heavens… it sounds quite romantic, indeed.”

I nodded with a wistful sigh. “Honestly though the Star Wars universe, especially the Expanded Verse set during the Old Republic, is far more romantic in my opinion. Star Trek is more about the hard pseudo-science and the episode’s mechanical surprise of the day.” I gave a pause before continuing. “DS9, thankfully, was something of an exception to that given the whole Dominion War that started up in Season 3, which was where Sisko really started to-”

I trailed off as my eyes focused on my audience, who looked like he was nodding off slightly. “-er, sorry Iroh. I forget that not everyone is on the same page as me during one of my geekout attacks. Mind if I start again?”

Iroh suddenly snapped back to attention before nodding his consent. And for the next few hours, I helped someone from another world understand a space station I had never visited, but knew quite well.

A little short, but I wanted you all to see how it's coming along.
Ryu Gabriev
Senshi Cadet

Postby Ryu Gabriev » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:32 pm

I know it's been a while, but I was trying to get the last scenes done before posting the rest of chapter 1 in one huge burst. Still though, please enjoy!
The sun had long set by the time I heard someone knock on the door to the hotel room, seconds before it swung open. I turned that way expecting mountains of clothes, more shoes than what a centipede would have use for, and a dozen other scenarios…

…only to see the girls walk in with only a few bags between them, though Yohko’s seemed a bit more varied in the store logos shown than Jadzia. Dax’s uniform had been changed for a light green button-down blouse with long sleeves and a simple pair of khaki slacks. As for the young Devil Hunter, she was now sporting a short white skirt and a silver-grey T-shirt that actually had the yin-yang symbol emblazoned on the front. The breath I didn’t know I was holding suddenly released with the realization that I probably wasn’t destitute as was previously feared. Even so…

“Dax, mind telling me what the hell compelled you to yank my life savings and go on a shopping spree?!” I’d quickly stood up from my position on the bed after I had started speaking, and had quickly closed the distance between the two of us until my eyes were scant inches from her own. “I dunno about the Ferengi, but here on Earth, in this timezone we have an old saying for three things you never do.”

I started ticking off my fingers as I began to recite. “Never mess with another man’s Woman. Never mess with another man’s Ego. and Never mess with another man’s Money.

Part of me was unsure how I could actually shame Dax of all people, but somehow some of what I was saying seemed to make it through as the Trill scientist let her head dip with a somewhat mollified expression. “I’m… sorry, Jon. I wanted to wait till you woke up, but at the same time I wanted to show you that Yohko and I can handle ourselves in this big, nasty city of yours.”

...ok, maaaybe the whole ‘Keep them in a small room for 7 days’ plan was a bit stupid…

But before I could speak up to defend myself, Yohko tossed her bags onto the nearby bed before sitting down herself. “Besides, it’s not like you weren’t going to pay for these things anyway. What’s it matter if you weren’t there to watch us get what we wanted?”

I frowned, turning to the Devil Hunter as she began rifling through one of her bags looking for something. “Do you have an innate idea of how much money I have to spare? Or what bills I have to look forward to after you three are back where you belong? That’d be a start. Not to mention it’s still rude to do to someone.”

Her gaze suddenly shot up from her bag before locking onto my own, her eyes narrowing. “I’m being rude?! I’m not the one who stared at someone like they were a piece of meat!”

My mind ground to a sudden halt before my eyes mirrored Yohko’s at the accusation. “If I honestly were staring like you were a buffet, I’d have to say it was due to the feast you laid out for me.”

Me?!” I flinched slightly at the shrill rebuttal from the young Japanese woman. “Are you saying I wanted you to see me?! You’re a jerk and a pervert, aren’t you?”

My teeth bared in a snarl before I moved forward till I was almost nose to nose with the Devil Hunter. “Oh yes! Blame me for bowing to the opportunity of seeing Yohko Mano in the hottest look she’ll ever wear!!”

As if someone flipped a switch within her mind, Yohko’s face suddenly lost all the anger it had been showing before her cheeks grew rather flushed. Anything else she might’ve said to me was lost as the brown-eyed woman turned her gaze from mine, mumbling slightly to herself, before resuming her search through the bags she had brought in with her.

Dax took that as her cue to interpose herself between us. “Well, now that you two have cleared the air about that little misunderstanding, Iroh’s almost ready. I was hoping we could see the inner metropolis first tonight, then some of the more interesting sights tomorrow. How’s that sound?“

The aged firebender’s voice rang out from the bathroom before Yohko or I could respond. “It sounds perfect to me, Jadzia.” Iroh stepped out of the lavatory wearing only a pair of khaki shorts and holding two collared shirts, a plain red one and a super loud hawaiian styled one, floral print and all. “Tell me, which do you believe would look better: the red, or this stunning floral style?”

I took one look at the sizzling pink flowers over that eye-searing yellow cloth and knew that Hell was coated in this color scheme. “Iroh, you wear that Hawaiian shirt outside and everyone in a 5-block radius is gonna go deaf.”

Iroh looked puzzled for a moment before holding the affront to my vision right next to his left ear. “I cannot hear anything...”

I palmed my face with my right hand as Dax started giggling slightly. “If you wanna wear that one, go for it. I’ll just avert my eyes when I’m speaking to you.”

“Here they are!” The Devil Hunter suddenly cried out with glee, causing all of us to turn back her way. I swear, my wallet seemed to cry out in pain just as Yohko pulled out one of the objects of her searching through the many parcels and bags: a matte-black stiletto-heeled shoe. “Chi’ll look so sexy wearing these!”

My hand clapped against my head again. “Yohko, it’s crap like that that I should’ve been around for to approve of or deny! I’m up for giving you kids the essentials so you can look around my world without being noticed or getting into trouble, but I’m not a no-risk charge card for you to go on a bloody shopping spree with!!”

The japanese woman gave a slight pout. “But Jo~~on! Chi does need these! How else could she find a boyfriend if she can’t make herself feel attractive!”

Before I could say anything else in reply, Yohko quickly moved right next to me and gave me one of the most heart-rending gazes she could in my direction. “Pleease Jon? You don’t mind helping me make my best friend feel like a new woman, do you?”

Oh God, she’s even doing that pouty lip/fluttering eyelash thing! That. Is. Cheating!! “Gh-ehh… A-Alright, alright! I’ll help, okay, just turn of the damn girl power already!!”

The young Mano woman bounced up and down happy as a clam, while I sulked slightly at being defeated by my own chivalry. But just as fast, a side of me came up with a rather nasty idea to get back at that little sneak play of hers. “One thing, Yohko, I expect a favor in return for this little ‘Extreme Makeover’ of yours.”

The Devil Hunter’s chocolate brown eyes focused back on me and my growing smirk, blinking twice. “Favor? What kind of favor?”

I moved up close before whispering in her ear, seconds before she blushed red and pulled away from me, stammering wildly. “It’s either that, or no extra stuff. Besides, you did it in front of a metropolitan area before, how’s doing it in front of me worse?”
Ryu Gabriev
Senshi Cadet

Postby Cheb » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:21 am

I took one look at the sizzling pink flowers over that eye-searing yellow cloth and knew that Hell was coated in this color scheme.

Uh, a color couldn't be *that* bad. Right?

, how’s doing it in front of me worse?”

I hope it's not that bad :(
Proud owner of 1.5 kilograms of Germanium transistors
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:40 pm

Cheb wrote:Uh, a color couldn't be *that* bad. Right?

It’s close to hot pink on chrome yellow. Dumbledore might like it, but...

I hope it's not that bad :(

I’d guess at karaoke, which would make it pretty bad.
I go walking. My mind goes wandering.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Ryu Gabriev » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:40 am

I think this'll do nicely for a chapter ending, sorry it's shorter than usual.
In the end, Yohko relented to my terms, such as they were, and once Iroh had settled on the Hawaiian shirt (dear lord, my eyes) and khaki shorts, we were well on our way into the city proper. Thankfully, I remembered an old nightclub that I visited a couple of times a few years ago. It seemed as good a place as any to finish up the evening after showing my three guests the inner city of Dallas. I started out by driving them to the city center using the I-35N freeway, as the motel I had them bunking in was right at one of that route’s off ramps. It was especially funny to hear Iroh geeking out over the buildings as we crossed the river.

“Incredible! Not even the Great Walls of Ba Sing Se could reach such heights. And with simple metal and glass, no less!” The aged firebender’s enthusiasm was contagious inside the car cabin, as Jadzia and I were soon smiling along with him. Yohko, however, had a melancholy air about her and was just looking out her door window as the night scenery passed by. She had exchanged her new outfit for the familiar red silk cheongsam that she wore as a Devil Hunter.

Didn’t take long for Iroh and Dax to notice how somber the young Mano woman was acting, though the retired general was the first to speak up about it. “Miss Yohko, what seems to be troubling you? Do you not find the towers of this city fascinating?”

The japanese woman’s frown deepened before answering. “Ask Jon.”

Not even a picosecond later I could feel the heat of the Trill Scientist’s eyes boring into the back of my head. “Jonathan, what did you do to Yohko?”

I frowned, and would have stared right back at Dax were I not currently driving. “Hey, she knew the deal well in advance. If it was really that much of an embarrassment then she shouldn’t have agreed to the terms and just accepted the fact she wasn’t getting any extra clothes out of me. Not to mention, I got decked into La-La land just because I was present for Yohko’s wardrobe malfunction earlier today. The way I see it I’m giving her a two-for-one sale, under the circumstances.”

The Trill scientist gave off a confused reply, so I continued. “Lemme put it this way: There’s a reason Yohko’s in her work uniform right now.”

Much to the Starfleet officer’s credit, it didn’t take long for her to guess what I meant by that. “You bartered that dress she wanted for her performing her transformation for you.”

The young Mano woman’s face flushed scarlet again as I gave off a rather loud cackle. Suddenly though, the light music coming from my car’s radio was interrupted by an announcer coming on the airwaves. “All travelers in and around the Dallas/Ft. Worth area should be advised of the unusual rise in violent behavior since the morning of December 7. All drivers are advised to adhere to defensive driving procedures as a precaution and to avoid the freeways wherever possible. We now return you to you regularly scheduled programming.”

I raised an eyebrow at that odd bit of news seconds before some jackass in a black and red muscle car roared past, clipping my bumper in the process. “Wha-? TH-That ASSHOLE!!” My foot stomped down the accelerator till it was pressing tight against the floorboard, forcing my silver Nissan forward as fast as the engine could muster. That guy might be driving a massive masculine overcompensation, but no one does that to my car!! I can barely hear the others shouting at me to slow down, but there’s no way I’m stopping till I catch up to that jackass. Oddly enough, my car seemed to respond to my mental demands for more speed as the speedometer continued to climb. 80 miles an hour... 90… 100 miles an hour. I caught up to that affront to the driving code and was in perfect position to bump his rear bumper just so so that he’d go into the middle dividing wall. Heh, that didn’t sound so bad now that I-

I felt someone’s hand clap onto my shoulder, snapping me out of what I had been doing moments ago. At the same time, my car slowed back down to the 65 mph I’d been going before I had the run-in with the speed demon. Not that I could remember any of that at the time. “Wha? Where’d the black car go?” I glanced in Yohko’s direction, noticing that she seemed rather concerned over what had happened earlier. “Guys, what just happened to me?”
Chapter End.
Ryu Gabriev
Senshi Cadet

Postby ckosacranoid » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:48 pm

Great, now we have people getting under the infusance of stupid on thecroads.....nice to see an update.
http://otakuracing.blogspot.com/
my blog for busniess and other things i do.
ckosacranoid
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Ryu Gabriev » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:49 am

Well, this is disturbing. The fic I discontinued since I'd written myself into a wall is still getting traffic...yet Favorite Company isn't being touched with a ten-foot keyboard. No one's looked at it for days now.

Could someone from here look at my FF.net page where the story is and let me know if I'm missing something?
Ryu Gabriev
Senshi Cadet

Postby PCHeintz72 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:52 am

The chapter end was on the short side, did not think it needed much comment.

The twist at the end was interesting, but without knowing more then how much sense it made for the situation is yet to be determined.

I am curious to see where going with it, and if you check them, then you would have noticed I do mention this in my update posts in my thread on this and other forums when it does get an update.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Ryu Gabriev » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:46 pm

PCHeintz72 wrote:The chapter end was on the short side, did not think it needed much comment.

The twist at the end was interesting, but without knowing more then how much sense it made for the situation is yet to be determined.

I am curious to see where going with it, and if you check them, then you would have noticed I do mention this in my update posts in my thread on this and other forums when it does get an update.

Yes I do, and thanks for that. Mostly I asked the question for my FF.net page. No one there's reading the chapter at all. Dunno if it's the summary, or they don't seem interested in what I've written...or that I'm just worrying about nothing and should get on with the next chapter scene already...
Ryu Gabriev
Senshi Cadet

PreviousNext

Return to Stories and C&C