Night Shift 3

This is for posting Fiction and C&C replies ONLY. Note this does not have to be a "fukufic" or even fanfiction. All completed /ready-for0review longform creative writing allowed. No posting of individual scenes; that is what the Outlines and Scenes section is for.Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Night Shift 3

Postby LawOhki » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:27 am

Google Doc

Still wearing her pajamas, Ranma leaned heavily on the railing as she descended the steps to the ground floor. The room she shared with her parents and now Chibi-Usa had been empty when she awoke. Judging by the lack of noise coming from outside, she judged that she was late getting up, and breakfast would soon be served. She suddenly had a distressing thought that she actually missed being woken up by her father to train. ‘When did I hit my head hard enough to miss that?’

Still feeling numb from volunteering to reveal her past life to her mother, Ranma slowed to a crawl before entering the living room. Her eyes quickly scanned the room and saw all the Tendos, her father, and Usa arrayed around the table. ‘She’s not here.’ Ranma felt a heaviness in her chest at the lack of her mother, who had left last night and never returned.

“Have you seen your mother, boy?” Genma asked, snatching some food off Usa’s plate as the pink haired child was distracted.

“Not since last night.” Ranma looked at the food and her stomach didn’t even grumble in desire. “I’ll be in the dojo.” She said before letting out an outraged screech as a pair of tiny hands patted and pinched her bottom with impossible speed.

“Oh how I’ve missed your pert derriere in the morning, Ranma-chan!” Happosai cackled happily, bouncing around her retaliatory punch. “But it seems to be a bit bigger than usual, have you been getting enough exercise? If you don’t, you’ll get fat!”

“You little pervert!” She shouted in indignation as he jumped over her kick. “And I’m not getting fat!” Ranma tried several punches and kicks at the ancient master who was able to avoid her attacks.

“Too slow tubby, can’t hit me!” Happosai snuck in and was able to give her chest a quick grope.

“That’s it you stupid old man!” She snarled as he bounced away, preparing to launch himself at her again.

The diminutive old man’s eyes widened. “Don’t worry a great big hug from your master will make everything all better!” He shouted joyously and launched himself towards her chest.

Moving faster, she held up a hand towards him as if to catch him by his bald head. There was the sound of fabric ripping and the air distorted around the elderly man before he vanished from sight. “Why didn’t anyone tell me he was back?” She asked and shivered in disgust, slowly letting her arm drop to her side. “What?” She asked, noticing the incredulous looks from everyone but Usa and Kasumi.

“Boy-- where did the master go?” Genma finally asked for everyone.

“Away.” She answered cryptically, not wanting to explain how she had used a tiny amount of her magic to access the teleport network she had setup with Ami to send the perverted old man to another part of town. Or the country, she really didn’t care which.

zx

Happosai bounced once from his momentum before coming to a complete stop with his feet buried in sand. Blinking his large eyes, he now found himself staring out at the ocean as the sun was just clearing the horizon in the distance. Rubbing at his eyes, he tried to banish the illusion before him. Not five seconds ago he had about to get a hold of some of the most perfect mammaries he had regular access to. But now he found himself on a small deserted tropical island in the middle of an ocean.

“Ranma-chan has learned some new tricks, eh?” He turned and bounced away from the beach towards a moderately sized hut shaded by several large palm trees. “But if she thinks she can ruin my fun she has another thing coming!”

Not bothering to check if anyone was home, because his present would be a glorious gift for anyone on the inside. he leapt through an open window. Nobody was home to answer his questions but he did immediately notice a nicely stocked wine fridge behind a bar and shelves full of a fantastic assortment of liquor.

“Don’t mind if I do!” He gathered up several bottles of top shelf liquor to head back outside and enjoy himself.

Taking a seat on a giant log that had been carved into a bench seat, he lamented that he wouldn’t be able to thank Ranma for sending him to this island paradise. That and because then there would be a pretty girl for him to grope nearby. Quickly downing half of a fantastic bottle of sake, he came up for breath long enough to notice something was touching his leg.

“No--.” He gasped in horror at the familiar octopus that suddenly latched onto him with all eight arms. “Not you!” Happosai screamed in horror.
Last edited by LawOhki on Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Re: Night Shift 3

Postby Atlan » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:44 pm

If that teleport thing works on a network of pre-decided coordinates, Ranma's just sent Happosai to a Sailor Senshi holiday home.

Probably Setsunas.
The Banana, the Atheist's Nightmare:

God made it with a non-slip surface, a color coded system so we know when to eat it, and an easy open tab at the top of the banana. It's just the right shape for a mouth and is easy to digest!!
Atlan
Asteroid Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:14 pm

Atlan wrote:If that teleport thing works on a network of pre-decided coordinates, Ranma's just sent Happosai to a Sailor Senshi holiday home.

Probably Setsunas.

The teleport network does work off preset coordinates and can easily be used by any of the senshi. They do have to be within a certain radius of each 'node' otherwise it can't be accessed. Ranma and Ami set it up and they'll be working on another project soon to hopefully find where the monsters are based at. Since monster Ryoga is going to do something that gets a lot of notice.

Ranma sent him to the whole groups private beach. :mrgreen:
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:01 pm

Ranma sent him to the whole groups private beach.

Oh how happy they will be... Or maybe just Happi will be happy... :lol:
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:55 pm

Spica75 wrote:Oh how happy they will be... Or maybe just Happi will be happy... :lol:

Or he'll find himself adrift in space. :twisted:

------

Hotaru could hear footsteps coming down the hallway to her room and hurried to scribble down more answers on her homework. ‘Please don’t come in.’ She repeated to herself up until the door knob turned. ‘No!’

“Hotaru-chan, why do you have your door closed?” Setsuna asked, the dusky skinned woman with red eyes came in to sit nearby on Hotaru’s bed. Her calf length green hair being directed to fall to the side rather than where she sat.

“Just some-- extra homework.” She answered her adopted parent nervously and received a disbelieving glare from Setsuna who sat waiting for Hotaru to give the correct answer. “The homework I was supposed to do before going out last night.” She answered and hung her head.

“And what were you supposed to have done first?” Setsuna asked, voice full of parental disapproval.

“My homework.” She admitted.

“You’ve been acting strangely since you found out Chibi-Usa has returned to the past. Did you want to talk about it?”

“Not really.” She spun her chair to look away from the Senshi of Time.

“So it’s about Ranma?”

“Can’t I just do my homework?”

“A boy then?”

Groaning she slammed her forehead into her desk.

“Girl?”

Picking her head up, she gave the smiling Setsuna a baleful glare before slamming her head back into the desk.

“Really Hotaru, I’ll find out eventually so you might as well just tell me.” Setsuna warned in her grating I know everything voice. “If you and Ranma are going to have a child I would hope you would feel comfortable enough to tell me.” The dark skinned woman reached over to pat Hotaru on the stomach.

“Mom!” She shouted and slapped her adopted parents hand away.

“I know you have been spending a lot of time alone with Ranma at Theia’s castle.”

“I’m not pregnant!”

“Ranma is then? I remember he had those instant packets.”

“Ugh!” Spinning around in her chair she fell off to land face first on her bed.

“Ready to tell me what’s wrong?” Setsuna asked in amusement, picking at some of Hotaru’s hair while waiting patiently.

“Why did I have to grow up again? Why couldn’t I just stay young a little longer?” She mumbled into her mattress. “Usa didn’t even tell me she had come back because I had grown up.”

“You know why that happened.” Her adopted parent patted her on the shoulder. (2)

“Then why did it keep going?” Hotaru demanded roughly as she sat up. “Why didn’t it stop? Why am I the same age as Ranma and the others?” Receiving no answer, she buried her face in her pillow. “Why didn’t I get to be a kid?”

“Hotaru.” Setsuna gently rubbed at her back. “It’s unfair that you weren’t able to grow up like everyone else but no one has a perfect life. It’s the one thing that seems fair in the universe.”

“I know-- it’s just hard to fit in with anyone.” Hotaru pulled herself together to face her adopted parent. “Usagi and the Guardian Senshi treat me like I’m some frail childish doll. While you and the other Outers treat me like your little girl still holding tea parties.” Balling up her hands into tight fists, her shoulders tightened before she let all the tension drain from her body. “It’s so frustrating.”

“I’m sorry, I had no idea you felt that way.” The elder female gathered her up into a hug. “You know how much we care about you and how much we want to see you be happy, right?”

“Yes-- I know.” She nodded and leaned into the embrace.

“And we are so proud of how you’ve bounced back after you were reborn a second time.”

“Thank you.” Hotaru would freely admit that the short time she had spent with her new parents was infinitely better than her last incarnation. Being turned into a cyborg and playing host to an evil entity that would eventually take her body over and help destroy the world was a huge negative.

“So when are you and Ranma going to tie the knot?”

“It’s not like that!” She pushed herself away from the Senshi of Time.

“I know.” Setsuna giggled and covered her mouth with a hand. “But if you want to be treated like the young woman that you are-- then I need to start teasing you about grown up things.”

“We’re just friends.” She crossed her arms in a huff. “But I’m not happy how he took Akane instead of me to the concert. He was being such a selfish, short-sighted, unthinking, and idiotic oaf.”

“How about this.” Setsuna’s wide smile made Hotaru both nervous and excited about what would be uttered from her adopted parents lips next. “I’ll try to find a way for you two to interact more, study buddies maybe.”

“Really?” She asked excitedly.

“Really.” Setsuna answered before whispering in her ear. “Maybe I’ll even try to remember some of the things Theia liked.”
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby Konsaki » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:23 pm

Could you share the Google Docs link for this chapter, please?
Konsaki
Asteroid Senshi

Postby WG_Writer » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:51 am

*snort* Like Ranma needs more match making.

still.. lol
Storm trooper effect works against good guys as well.
No matter how strong you are, there is always a teenager able to beat you without breaking a sweat.
A blind Paladin can only hear half truths
A deaf Paladin can only see half truths
Either way the Paladin is a berserker
WG_Writer
Moon Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:27 am

Konsaki wrote:Could you share the Google Docs link for this chapter, please?

I could, but I post that to get easier feedback, not to provide people an early read through or spoilers. I think I got 2 actual comments on the last one after posting it and after the initial burst of people reading no one came back again.

WG_Writer wrote:*snort* Like Ranma needs more match making.

still.. lol

Just friends, for real.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:33 pm

There's a somewhat short scene between Ranma and Usa that'll go before this. Mostly just some banter between the two.

------

With Chibi-Usa in tow, Ranma visited the handful of places that she could imagine her mother going to. She didn’t hold out much hope to find Nodoka, but it felt wrong just sitting around the dojo. So she had visited the nearby parks, a shopping district where Usa had wanted to spend money Ranma didn’t have, and now she was coming up on the site of his mother’s destroyed house.

A small crew was out working on Sunday to finish removing the remains of the old home to make way for the new style foundation to replace the old packed earth and stone that was there before. Ranma had seen the plans and the home would be rebuilt exactly as it was, but this time taking advantage of some newer technologies inside a traditionally styled building.

Chibi-Usa whistled. “I wonder what it’ll look like when finished.”

“I guess.” She took in the almost empty yard and found her mother sitting on a simple metal folding chair to the side, watching the workers. “Wait here.”

Ranma started off quick but her feet rapidly became heavy until she slowed to a crawl. Nodoka hadn’t even noticed her presence until only a few meters away. “Hey.” Ranma greeted with a little unsure wave and a nervous chuckle.

“You’re still a girl.” Nodoka stated with detachment, only giving her a momentary glance.

“Yea.” She drawled out. “It’s a bit-- complicated.”

“I have time.” Nodoka continued to look away. “Explain it to me.”

Ranma took a second to come up with an explanation. “When I used my Senshi magic to conjure water, it overloaded how much magic my male form could take. So-- now I have to let that extra energy bleed off.” When Nodoka didn’t immediately respond with whether or not Ranma’s explanation had made sense she decided to continue.

“It’s like the difference between a bowl and a sieve. Guy form is a bowl but girl form is a sieve. Put too much in the bowl and it overflows turning me into a girl. But girl form it can just pour right through. No problem.” Ranma laughed nervously again and scratched at the back of her head. “Does that make any sense?”

“I understood the first time.” The elder Saotome answered slowly.

“Ah-- uh-- I guess a day, maybe two, and I’ll be able to change back.” She supplied, remembering the first painful time she had discovered this little facet of how her Senshi magic worked on a male body. “So why are you here? You didn’t leave because of me-- did you?”

“I wanted to see what’s left of my home.” Nodoka answered with a sigh. “After Genma left with you and I moved in; I spent years making changes. It was my home, not some apartment, or temporary rental. I knew all the little creaks and groans that it made. Which doors that would stick, how to open it up to help keep cool in the summer, and the best way to keep it warm in winter.” Her mother’s voice was trembling as she clasped her hands together. “What you told me last night finally made me realize what I had lost.”

“The stuff that was inside was alright, wasn’t it?” Ranma gulped, her mother’s reaction when it was demolished had been so calm and flippant that she had never thought it was a serious issue.

“I suppose it really doesn’t matter. I never wanted a home for myself.” Nodoka reached out and grabbed Ranma’s hand before looking into her eyes. “I wanted what the Tendo’s have. I wanted a home for a family.”

“I’d give it to you if I could.” Ranma answered and squeezed her mother’s hand, trying desperately not to notice the unshed tears in Nodoka’s eyes. Fearful that she would have to deal with something in her eyes herself.

“I know.” Nodoka’s eyes left Ranma’s to look towards where Usa was kicking at some dirt in boredom. “Does Usa-chan know about your-- issue? You two seem so close, yet I barely know her at all.”

Ranma didn’t think it was her place to volunteer to give away another Senshi’s identity but Usagi had brainwashed her mother, so she nodded. “She does.”

“Is she a Senshi too?” Nodoka smiled sheepishly. “I remember there being a little girl with a pink theme some time ago but they look so different.”

“I’m not sure how much you want to know about her.” Ranma answered evasively. “And I’m not really sure how much I know about her.” She knew that Usagi wasn’t telling her everything but Ranma had yet to make a concentrated to get any real information out of the girl.

“This time I think I’ll take your word on it.” Nodoka stood up and straightened her kimono that looked like it had been slept in.

Ranma felt like she had passed some invisible barrier with her mother even though nothing had really been resolved. “Mom-- I need to talk to Kasumi-- but how would you feel about taking a trip tomorrow night?”
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby uragaaru » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:23 pm

Chibi-Usa whistled. “I wonder what it’ll look like when finished.”

“I guess.”

Did you skip a line of dialogue? Or should maybe Chibi-Usa add a bit to her line.
uragaaru
Senshi Cadet

Postby WG_Writer » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:51 am

that is a tough wording choice to make.

I have heard it in casual conversation more then once. Thus it could simply be a way of speech for Ranma.

From what little I know it could mean Ranma is agreeing with Usa in imagining but isn't really focused on that question.
Storm trooper effect works against good guys as well.
No matter how strong you are, there is always a teenager able to beat you without breaking a sweat.
A blind Paladin can only hear half truths
A deaf Paladin can only see half truths
Either way the Paladin is a berserker
WG_Writer
Moon Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:18 am

WG_Writer wrote:that is a tough wording choice to make.

I have heard it in casual conversation more then once. Thus it could simply be a way of speech for Ranma.

From what little I know it could mean Ranma is agreeing with Usa in imagining but isn't really focused on that question.

Ranma is just randomly agreeing with Usa, not really listening to what she said. :wink:
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:27 am

She knew that Usagi wasn’t telling her everything but Ranma had yet to make a concentrated to get any real information out of the girl.

A concentrated what?
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:47 am

Spica75 wrote:A concentrated what?

Fixed
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:51 am

I like these new snippets so far. It's nice to see some peaceful scenes although it probably won't last.

So, does Hotaru have a thing for Ranma or are they really just friends. I vote for a Ranma/Hotaru/Adult!Usa threesome pairing. That would be hot especially if Usa grows up to look like Black Lady.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Next

Return to Stories and C&C