Night Shift 2

This is for posting Fiction and C&C replies ONLY. Note this does not have to be a "fukufic" or even fanfiction. All completed /ready-for0review longform creative writing allowed. No posting of individual scenes; that is what the Outlines and Scenes section is for.Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Re: Night Shift 2

Postby ijp92 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:16 pm

I didn't realize Ryouga was dead. I just thought he was possessed.
ijp92
Senshi Cadet

Postby LawOhki » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:48 pm

“Hotaru-chan is adopted.” Michiru finally volunteered, clearly uninterested in making Akane play twenty questions.

“Why didn’t you just say that?” Akane turned to glare at him angrily.

“You didn’t ask.” He answered lamely, seeing that she was ready to explode. “I’m sorry.” Ranma apologized and saw that it was clearly still not enough so he floundered while trying to come up with something suitable to placate his fiance’s anger.

“Don’t feel too bad.” Haruka butted in, saving him from imminent harm. “He thinks you’re cute when you’re angry.”

“Haruka! Don’t say that! You know she’s not cute, she doesn’t have a cute bone in her body, she’s a tomboy through and through!” He waved his arms animatedly in the air in panic, even though Akane seemed to be more focused on the idea of him calling her cute.

“Now Ranma.” Haruka put an arm around his shoulders. “You two are engaged. You shouldn’t be embarrassed to say nice things to her. Pleasant comments lead to even more enjoyable-- bedroom activities.” Ranma’s face blushed crimson along with Akane’s. He rapidly sputtered out denials at the same time as his fiance.

“Haruka.” Michiru warned as a distraction before a camera flash went off. “Perfect!” She announced gleefully at taking a picture of him and Akane with her cell phone.

Akane sobered up instantly and grabbed him by the pigtail to pull away from Haruka. She then shoved his head forward in a bow before letting him rise. “Thank you very much for the wonderful evening, but we need to be going.”

“What? But we just got here.” Ranma whined, wanting to sample some of the high class food. “Look at all the food we can try!”

“I’ll make something when we get home.” She answered, dragging him away from the two women.

“No!” He exclaimed in horror, feet skidding across the floor as he resisted Akane’s pull. “Haruka-- Michiru, save me!”

“Remember foreplay and have fun you two!” Haruka answered his desperate plea with a tiny wave.

‘I’ll remember this.’ He cursed the blonde who had doomed him. Ranma felt his phone vibrate angrily in his pocket, so he let Akane do the work as she stomped down the hall. Checking the message, he found that Michiru had sent the photo to all of the senshi. ‘Oh this won’t end well at all.’ He groaned.

“Ranma.” Akane spoke calmly. “I don’t want to find out that you’ve been talking about me to more perverted lesbians.”

“They’re not-- well yea they are, but you should be more thankful.” He suddenly pulled his jacket free from Akane’s grasp and grabbed her hand to stop her from stomping more cracks in the floor. “They’re good to Hotaru and just spent all this money so we could go to the concert when they didn’t even know you.”

“It’s not-- well not like that.” Akane sighed. “Ranma, why didn’t you ever tell me you were friends with people like that?”

“You’re busy, I’m busy, so I didn’t really think you would want to know.” He answered with a shrug. “Haruka really was just playing around. She didn’t mean anything.”

“Well I didn’t like it. People like that just-- weird me out.” Akane admitted.

“Really Akane?” He asked in a deadpan voice. “You don’t even know them.”

“It doesn’t really matter, just leave me out of it if you’re going to talk to them.” She crossed her arms irritably and stared him down, daring him to disagree.

“Alright--.” He felt bad over her reaction but this may not have been the best way to introduce Akane to Haruka and Michiru. Ranma felt sure that she would come around but with his teasing she was too upset to think straight. It wasn’t like Akane was all that reasonable to begin with after all. “Did you at least like the concert?”

“Yes-- I did like the concert.” She conceded with a cute pout.

“Ya know that limo driver has to take us where we want. So let’s go get something to eat.” He suggested, hoping dearly that she had forgotten her intent to make him something. “My treat.” He added to sweeten the deal.

“Not Ukyo’s or Shampoo’s-- right?”

“Of course not.” He chuckled nervously, cursing the fact that his other fiances ran two of his favorite restaurants.

zx

Ranma knew that something bad had happened the moment he entered into the room he shared with his parents. The light was on with Nodoka kneeling in the center of the floor, family sword placed before her. He stopped halfway through the door, seeing the look of controlled disgust on her face. Placed to her left were several stacks of properly folded clothing that he immediately recognized as his entire stock of female clothing.

“Sit.” Nodoka commanded sternly.

He slid the door closed and did as she ordered. Waiting in an uncomfortable silence, he could hear her breathing noisily through her nose as she looked between her sword, him, and his clothes.

“Mother.” He immediately stopped talking when she raised up a hand. His attempt at formality was apparently wasted.

“You spent a considerable amount of time hiding from me as Ranko. I understand that I-- pressured you into wearing clothing inappropriate for your true gender.” Nodoka took a slow and very deep breath before continuing. “I expected after declaring you manly and that the ruse was over that I would not find you willingly wearing female clothes.”

‘She declared me manly?’ He didn’t remember her making that announcement. “It’s not-- I mean.”

“When I caught you wearing my kimono the other day, I accepted it as a simple relapse that wouldn’t occur again after seeing my reaction.” Nodoka sighed, the disappointment in her voice practically filling the room. “I took it upon myself to do laundry this evening while you were out on your date with Akane, your fiance, and when I went to put your clothing away properly I found these. Carefully hidden where I would otherwise miss them.”

Bowing his head, Ranma felt his throat tighten up, stopping him from explaining himself. His mother was one of the few people that he did not want to disappoint. She had expectations for him, some of which were insane, but there were plenty of others that were reasonable.

“Son-- you’re going to get rid of these and you’ll put all of this behind you.” She explained, sounding less strict and more concerned. “It’s for the best that you put this deviancy to rest.”

“I-- I can’t.” He choked out.

“You-- can’t?” She asked slowly, the hard edge returning to her voice.

“Uh-- occasionally I can’t change back right away. It’s nice to have stuff that fits.” He fumbled with his hands worriedly, hoping that this would be enough to assuage her desire for him to purge his clothing.

“You’re not in the wilderness, hot water is a luxury you can easily obtain. The only reason you could possibly have to remain a girl is if you want to. Why would my manly son want to spend time as a girl?”

“There are reasons.” He really didn’t want to mention occasional trips out with the other senshi or random days he simply spent as a girl. Nodoka was right about hot water, there was no other reason to explain why he didn’t change back quickly. “Can’t it be enough that there are times I need them?”

“No!” She yelled, making him recoil in surprise at the normally composed woman’s outburst. “Explain!”

Wilting under his mother’s anger, he responded in a tiny voice. “I don’t think you really want to know.”

Nodoka finally responded after a long silence, her voice no longer filled with anger. “Ranma-- son-- whatever it is that makes you think you have to spend time as a girl, I’m sure we can find a solution.”

“It might be better if I show you.” His shoulders slumped as he double checked that no one was listening outside the door. Seeing that the hallway was empty and everyone in the home had the good sense not to respond to Nodoka’s earlier outburst, he slid the door closed, and turned around to lean against it. Seeing that his mother was watching him with a look that alternated quickly between curiosity, disappointment, anger, and sadness he raised a hand above his head and made a fist.

“Water.” He spoke softly and flexed his hand causing enough water to squeeze between his fingers to fall on his hair, activating the curse. Dropping her hand to her side, she flicked her fingers to get rid of the excess clinging to her skin. Nodoka was staring at her with wide eyes, shocked over the sudden display of a strange power. She would have to pay the price of using senshi magic as a male but it would help get the point across.

“Was that magic?” Nodoka asked slowly.

“Yes.” Cupping her hands upwards in front of her chest, a silver half circle brooch appeared. “Sailor Theia, Make Up.” The brooch snapped open into into a full circle to reveal an orange flame filling the inside. The flame pulsed brightly as a white light surrounded only her form for several seconds. Starting at her feet, the glow rose upwards like a flame to reveal her uniform. As it finally passed by her head, her now unbound and styled hair rose up with the light before falling into place on her back.

Her low heels made soft clacks on the wood floor as she took several steps towards her stunned mother who had recoiled at her approach. “In a long forgotten magical kingdom I was Princess Euryphaessa and the Sailor Senshi Theia.” She introduced with as much grandeur as she could muster while worrying about Nodoka’s reaction. “When everything came to an end, our kingdom destroyed, my Queen sent me forward to be reborn along with the rest of the Sailor Senshi.”

“Are you really my Ranma?” She asked, voice quivering with emotion, and covering her mouth with a hand.

“Yes.” Ranma answered, struggling to keep the sadness she felt from being heard. Nodoka’s reaction made her feel like she was back at their first meeting, when her own mother had looked at her like she was a complete stranger. Kneeling down in front of her mother as close as she dared, she smoothed out the tiny flare of skirt her uniform had as best she could. “I’m Ranma, just like I’ve always been, and will always be.”

“You don’t talk like him-- and you move like a woman.”

“Oh--.” She felt her cheeks heat up at her mother noticing that. “Even though Euryphaessa and I are the same person, she had a great deal more experience in emotional discussions, and I guess I just fell into her mannerisms for a moment.”

“So you're a princess named Eu--Eu-- Euryph--” Nodoka struggled to pronounce the alien sounding name, her face scrunched up in concentration.

“Everyone used to just call me Theia, but please I’m just Ranma.” Ranma laughed nervously at being reminded of her past lifes name troubles. Seeing that her mother was giving her a far off stare and was likely being lost, she allowed her senshi form to dissipate. “You could say I'm her but it would be more accurate to say we're us. The only difference is the world we live in.”

“This must be my fault.” Nodoka raised her right hand to cover her mouth in worry. “It’s Jusenkyo-- if only I hadn’t let Genma take you-- or if I set better guidelines this might not have happened.” The woman rambled on in a near panic.

“Mother.” Ranma reached out and grabbed her parents hand, shocking her with the contact. “I wouldn’t say it was the best move-- that contract-- and Pops. But Jusenkyo is the only way you can still have a son.” Seeing that she only increased Nodoka’s confusion she continued. “Only a woman can be a senshi. If I had become aware of my past self without Jusenkyo-- and I changed, I would be a girl permanently.”

Feeling awkward about holding her mother’s hand, she let it go. “As long as I’m careful, and I don’t transform as a guy, I can keep being your son.” She tried to smile as reassuringly as possible.

“Why would you need to ever do that then?”

Ranma took in and released a slow breath. “Because no one else can. It’s my burden to bear.”

“What is so important that you would risk losing yourself for?”

“To bring life.” She answered with as much reverence as she could. Feeling weighed down by the immensity of her responsibility. “And protect it.”

“Who told you this? Why would you trust them?”

“My mother-- and then my queen. But I’ve always known-- it’s a fundamental part of me.”

“I never told you such a thing.”

“Theia’s mother.” Ranma corrected, having only the vaguest memories of the woman. “My oath to my Queen is eternal, death and rebirth were always a possibility. And there would be no greater dishonor than if I ignored my duty and oaths, right?” She asked, trying to appeal to something Nodoka valued.

“It would. But that still doesn’t explain why you have all this clothing?”

“Oh-- heh heh.” Ranma laughed nervously and scratched at the back of her head. “About a third of them you bought me.” She pointed out before adding. “The rest is a mix of things I got myself or were given to me by the other Senshi.”

Nodoka narrowed her eyes in response, clearly not happy with Ranma’s response.

“It’s not as simple as be a guy for me.” She paused to compose her thoughts. “When I go out to fight monsters, I can’t be worried about becoming a girl forever; that means going out like this.” She gestured down to herself. “And you have no idea how annoying it is to constantly pull your pants up or having your chest worn raw cause you’re bouncing all over the place. Why do you think I wear silk?”

“Women in our family are blessed with enough-- bounce to draw a man’s eye.” Nodoka looked away, a tiny mischievous smile on her face.

Ranma raised an eyebrow, mildly curious for a moment over what her mother was remembering. That was before she decided that what the elder Saotome’s look spoke of were things she didn’t want to know or think about her parents doing. “Mom?” She took the risk of interrupting whatever ecchi fantasy her parent was absorbed in.

Nodoka was jerked so hard from her daydream that she nearly fell over. Composing herself as best she could, the elder Saotome female slowly stood up, and headed for the door. “Excuse me.”

“Mom, you can ask me whatever you want.” Ranma suggested desperately, spinning on her knees to continue facing her mother. “Please-- I want you understand.”

“I can tell, I just need some time-- alone.” She answered evenly, struggling to remain calm.

Ranma couldn’t watch her mother exit the room, dropping her eyes to stare at the floor. “I just didn’t want to disappoint you.” She knew how important Nodoka viewed her being a man. Over a decade of waiting, giving up her child on the hope that he would turn out better without her around. Ranma felt like she owed it to her mother to let her live with that vision; even if it was for only a few more years.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:38 am

Ranma must really love Akane if he can forgive her homophobia that easily. Maybe he should think about what that means for his girl form. Strangely enough the Outers don't really seem to mind. They must be used to that kind of treatment.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby ijp92 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:17 am

well while this Ranma's opinion on the subject is obviously different...
in canon he didn't react well to Konatsu either.
ijp92
Senshi Cadet

Postby Konsaki » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:44 am

ijp92 wrote:in canon he didn't react well to Konatsu either.
I'm pretty sure that Ranma's reaction to Konatsu was more about the fact that Konatsu was everything Ranma feared turning into; a feminine/submissive martial artist.
Konsaki
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Fellow Sufferer » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:11 am

He had some problems with Tsubasa as well, even going as far as trying to 'cure' her of her unnatural preference by going out with 'her' (and it seemed that Akane was, for once, supporting him in this).
'The question is,' said Alice, 'whether you can make words mean different things.'
'The question is,' said Humpty Dumpty, 'which is to be master - that's all.'

Fellow Sufferer
Senshi Cadet

Postby LawOhki » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:47 am

Fellow Sufferer wrote:He had some problems with Tsubasa as well, even going as far as trying to 'cure' her of her unnatural preference by going out with 'her' (and it seemed that Akane was, for once, supporting him in this).

Tsubasa would be the more applicable crossdresser. Ranma never tried to change Konatsu but did try to convert Kurenai briefly. (If you notice, Ranma's first 'fight' with Tsubasa has him doing the same thing as he tried to do to the blob monster. Ya'll don't know about all my references. :mrgreen: ) Both Ranma and Akane thought Tsubasa was confused but neither seemed overtly homophobic about it.

Spoiler though
SPOILER - Show Spoiler
Theia was a lesbian. Ranma is hurt by Akane's comment but is taking it in stride believing it's more that he was being a bit of an ass that really set her off.

Theia's arranged marriage prince will make an appearance in the next chapter. He was supposed to be in the first chapter but it just one more thing that would have taken up too much time if this had stayed a one shot.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby Konsaki » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:51 am

LawOhki wrote:Theia's arranged marriage prince will make an appearance in the next chapter. He was supposed to be in the first chapter but it just one more thing that would have taken up too much time if this had stayed a one shot.
Well, we all know that the Prince isn't Ryoga... :roll:
Konsaki
Asteroid Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:31 am

Konsaki wrote:Well, we all know that the Prince isn't Ryoga... :roll:

That would be exceedingly awkward. Even more than what it's going to be.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby ijp92 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:34 pm

oh god.

Its Kuno isn't it.

...I CAN think of two other choices, but I don't want to mention them for how horrible they are.
ijp92
Senshi Cadet

Postby LawOhki » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:02 pm

ijp92 wrote:oh god.

Its Kuno isn't it.

...I CAN think of two other choices, but I don't want to mention them for how horrible they are.

Which Kuno? Both Kunos? Maybe they're twins and reincarnation isn't a perfect process. :mrgreen: At least that's an idea I have bouncing around.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby Konsaki » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:10 pm

LawOhki wrote:Which Kuno? Both Kunos? Maybe they're twins and reincarnation isn't a perfect process. :mrgreen: At least that's an idea I have bouncing around.
Tatewaki is kinda overused, in my opinion. Kodachi would be interesting out of the pair.
The evil option is to have the Prince be their father though! :twisted: "The big Kahuna gonna give those youma a nice bowl cut for love 'n justice, ya?"
Konsaki
Asteroid Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:24 pm

Konsaki wrote:Tatewaki is kinda overused, in my opinion. Kodachi would be interesting out of the pair.
The evil option is to have the Prince be their father though! :twisted: "The big Kahuna gonna give those youma a nice bowl cut for love 'n justice, ya?"

It's honestly going to be Tatewaki, though I am leaning towards twin thing, which explains why they are so damaged mentally. (I shy not away from things that are overused!)

He won't be any more important than he is in canon, in fact I am operating under the assumption that he was aware of his past self much longer than Ranma, hence his sudden interest in Ranma from the start and delusions of grandeur. Although his interest and Ranma/Akane is actually less to do with romance and more to do with overcompensating, if you catch my drift.... (How's that for different)
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby ijp92 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:02 pm

My second and third choices were going to be Happosai and Mao Mo Lin respectively.
ijp92
Senshi Cadet

Postby LawOhki » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:33 pm

While the chapter has been posted, anyone want to throw in their opinion on how much interest Happi should take in Usa's training? :twisted:

Not like much else is going on fukufics. Sort of like the review page for the return. :mrgreen:
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

PreviousNext

Return to Stories and C&C