Night Shift - Oh dear I'm writing a fukufic

This is for posting Fiction and C&C replies ONLY. Note this does not have to be a "fukufic" or even fanfiction. All completed /ready-for0review longform creative writing allowed. No posting of individual scenes; that is what the Outlines and Scenes section is for.Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Re: Night Shift - Oh dear I'm writing a fukufic

Postby Dumbledork » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:20 am

The only real thing I can think of is when transformed there is a slight change in actual appearance

Like He-Man (the first series)? Except for the tan he looks just like Adam. At least people should think that thery might be brothers or something like that
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:22 am

Crescent Pulsar S wrote:The infamous disguise field makes an appearance! Oh, noes! :O

Well, I suppose it's alright. Just so long as the believability of the entire plot doesn't hinge on it as a serious plot device.

It doesn't, mostly for humor on people not connecting Ranma to Theia even though it'd otherwise be obvious.

I'd like to think that her insecurities will trump her interest in the sailor senshi. Which is to say that, when she sees Ranma getting along with another girl, especially if he's being familiar with her while she has yet to be acquainted with said girl, she will be more likely to assume/suspect that he's either two-timing her and/or has another fiancee.

After that? It'd depend on the circumstances, on whether or not she wonders or suspects anyone of being a sailor senshi.

Obviously when around them she'll be her usual insecure self. But when bugging Ranma for info on them she's going to mostly be interested in things Ranma isn't comfortable giving out and in a way that he won't like.

WG_Writer wrote:Personally since its never been said that said field to protect identities exist I always believed that it was more of a denial on witness behalf. After all no way could Usagi be Sailor Moon. Then again with the tech today its actually needed to have something. But how you can scram a camera both film and electronic is beyond how I can give a non-convoluted answer even just saying magic. That way falls Harry Potter and the techless castle.

Sailor Moon is powered by reality altering magic, some recently created human technology to capture a flat image shouldn't be able to casually get around things that can rather casually alter time, ignore death, and a whole host of other magical effects.

Simply having it be everyone is in denial or stupid is worse than a wizard did it.

The only real thing I can think of is when transformed there is a slight change in actual appearance, just enough to make any photos provide sufficent doubt as to the actual identity.

Would have to be a rather large change in appearance not just some light makeup. The starlights are the only ones who have one that would be enough of a change.

On another note having Nabiki continously lose cameras trying to get images of Theia would be funny.

Nabiki is going to have her hands full with other things. But her camera frying itself while trying to take a picture could be worth an inclusion in a scene.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby ckosacranoid » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:08 pm

or there coould be the offer to nads, "you want to have a pics with me nabs? you will have to do it naked though? final offer?"....would nbs do that...
the other idea that someone said....one of the other girls over hearing the comment from ranma that akane is willing to share ranma as long as the senshi are involved...which would make for some great misunderstandings with everyone....or even better have the comment really twisted and the comment gets to about kasimi being the one willing to share the shenshi with ranma.....
http://otakuracing.blogspot.com/
my blog for busniess and other things i do.
ckosacranoid
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:47 pm

And the end of the scene

----------

“You know her?” Akane turned to narrow her eyes at the Jusenkyo cursed teen.

“How else would I know her name?” He blinked owlishly at her as though she was the dumbest person alive. Akane’s eyes narrowed into tiny little slits and her lips pursed into a thin line. “What? Why are you looking at me like that?” He asked before she suddenly reached forward, intending to grab him before repeatedly slamming him through the concrete. Only for her fingers to bounce painfully off an invisible barrier between them.

“Ouch!” She hissed, having nearly jammed several of her fingers. ‘What was that? Some senshi power?’

“Akane, this is Usa’s friend, Tomoe Hotaru.” Ranma introduced as though she hadn’t just been thwarted in her pervert bashing attempt by a mysterious force.

“Your cousin’s friend?” She looked suspiciously between the two, noting that this Hotaru girl was their own age, putting her nearly a decade older than Usagi.

“I used to be Chibi-Usa’s nanny.” Hotaru explained smiling pleasantly, hands clasped in front of her hips. “Ranma-san told me that she was staying with him for martial arts training, I just wanted to check in and see how she was doing.”

“Oh--.” Akane continued to give Ranma suspicious glances out of the corner of her eye, mulling over that story. “When did he tell you?” She asked, remembering that Usagi had only appeared late last night and she couldn’t recall Ranma making any phone calls.

“I sent her a text before I went to sleep.” He answered for the new girl.

“You don’t have a cell phone.” She scoffed.

“Sure I do.” Ranma appeared to reach into his pocket and pulled out a silver cell phone and used his thumb to push the top up to reveal a keypad. “It was hard to get one that was tough and waterproof but totally worth it.”

“So who else are you texting?’ Akane asked dangerously, mind furiously listing all the possible females he could be talking to without her knowledge.

“Nobody really-- kind of a waste to have it.” He shrugged, ignoring her accusation. “Say Akane, aren’t you being rude by not introducing yourself?”

“Good afternoon, I’m Tendo Akane.” She greeted tersely with a small bow before turning back to Ranma. “Don’t change the subject, who could you possibly be calling?” She demanded, not wanting him to just slip this by her.

“Way to make a first impression.” He rolled his eyes and put his cell phone away. “Don’t mind her, once she’s calmed down, she’s a lot nicer.” He told the new girl as they simply walked away from her. “When she’s not being a violent maniac.”

Hotaru giggled demurely, falling into step next to the dark haired boy, and appearing immensely amused by something. “That’s funny, how can she be both nice and a violent maniac?”

Ranma just shrugged in response.

Akane’s anger fizzled at Ranma’s strange reaction. That he even had a cell phone was enough to make her mind sputter. He was also acting very friendly with this former nanny. First she had found out that he was one of the Sailor Senshi and now she was finding all these things about him that she had never known or even suspected. ‘Who are you really, Ranma?’ She mused. ‘Because I’m going to want answers.’
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:38 am

Unfortunately I've decided to turn this into a little miniseries of about six chapters. And with that this chapter seems to become really big and unruly with no focus so I'll end it at Usa joking about Usagi/Mamoru going at it like rabbits.

Plan right now (Usually don't do this)
Chapter 2 - Ranma trying to introduce Akane to the senshi covertly and establish some character interaction. Will end with me being a big meanie head to Ryoga.

Chapter 3 - Big bad gets revealed along with his plan. Ranma tries to find a balance with Akane, Kasumi.... and Nodoka. More Theia backstory/powers revealed.

Chapter 4 - Things start to spiral out of control with the big bad being competent. More senshi involvement and a changing dynamic between the inners/outers and their relationship to Ranma and Usagi.

Chapter 5 - Escalation of hostilities and big bad is stopped

Chapter 6 - Aftermath/epilogue
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:13 pm

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9745448/1/Night-Shift
First chapter has been posted, primarily minor edits and revisions to make things flow better.

Would anyone be so kind as to let Temple know that there's a new fukufic to add to his list? :wink:
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Previous

Return to Stories and C&C