Rinne 2

This is for posting Fiction and C&C replies ONLY. Note this does not have to be a "fukufic" or even fanfiction. All completed /ready-for0review longform creative writing allowed. No posting of individual scenes; that is what the Outlines and Scenes section is for.Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Re: Rinne 2

Postby Blackcat101 » Tue May 20, 2014 2:37 am

He is Ranma and he is very very annoyed by all this. Ranma can be nice and friendly when people aren't pushing him around. I wonder if Ranma will get a dog whistle to fight Kiba? Cause that would be hilarious and hey, anything goes!
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Tue May 20, 2014 5:29 am

Blackcat101 wrote:He is Ranma and he is very very annoyed by all this. Ranma can be nice and friendly when people aren't pushing him around. I wonder if Ranma will get a dog whistle to fight Kiba? Cause that would be hilarious and hey, anything goes!

Would also work to annoy Kaede for a bit. :twisted:
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Tue May 20, 2014 9:07 pm

Write in a little kitsune screwing with Ryoga I thought, it'll be easy I thought. The trolling will write itself, I thought.

------------

Poking at his meager fire with a small stick, Ryoga stirred at the coals, and considered what he would have for dinner this pleasant evening. The past few days he had been leery of the clouds that had looked like they would rain down upon him at any moment. But today it had been clear blue sky and sunshine. Having found a clearing surrounded by a sparse forest of trees, he had decided to set up camp.

Giggling merrily nearby as he chased and pounced on nearby leaves was the little kitsune Ryoga had ran into the other day. As soon as Ryoga had found a way to change back into his real body, he had tried to send the mythical creature on its way. Gently of course, he didn’t want to get himself cursed again by offending a kid with magical powers and an attitude.

Instead, while trying to tell the fox he had to go home, Ryoga had found out that his terrible direction had gotten them both lost. Ryoga couldn’t just leave the child alone in the middle of the woods without knowing his way home. So he was now trying to find his way back to Nerima. Dealing with an overly enthusiastic kitsune who was now rooting around inside his backpack, a bushy tail flicking around excitedly the only visible sign of the fox.

“Hey don’t go in there.” He pulled the fox out and set him back on the ground. Not that he knew if the kitsune was male or female but it was just easier to pick one and stick with it.

“But what’s in there?” The kitsune asked bouncing rapidly around him as he pulled out a small pot to start making a meager dinner.

“Everything I need to survive.” He answered, having learned long ago to cull anything unneeded. Though he would have to start foraging for something fresh soon as he only had a few meager root vegetables to fill his stomach tonight. “Could really use some fish or chicken-- anything.” Ryoga was always timid in trying to catch fish due to his curse and he wasn’t fond of plucking chickens.

“I like fish too! I’ll go get some!” The kitsune yipped as he ran off into the woods.

“Don’t run off!” He called after the fox and frozen in indecision. If he followed he would get lost. if he stayed here then the creature he said he would bring home could get lost. Then again he couldn’t possibly be blamed for losing the fox in this situation and then he could get back to life as usual.

‘As tempting as it is, I can’t do that.’ He nodded to himself and stood up to face his destiny. “Hey little fox!” He yelled, zig zagging aimlessly around the clearing, and soon forgetting to look in the direction of his small camp. “Lost already.” He bemoaned his fate, standing four paces from his small fire and facing the opposite direction.

“What ya looking at?” The little fox asked from his right, head cocked to one side quizzically.

“I found you!” Ryoga gathered up the fluffy kitsune to squeeze possessively. Eliciting a happy rolling bird like chirping as the fox tried to chew on his hands briefly. “Heh, you’re kind of like a dog aren’t you?”

This time the fox did bite him with sharp little teeth causing Ryoga to hastily drop him to the ground. “Dogs are ugly and nasty! I’m a kitsune! And we’re super amazing!”

“Well-- okay.” He stared doubtfully down at the little fox.

“Okay I guess you can have some of my fish.” The kitsune sat down and twisted his head around to grab a small sack that Ryoga finally noticed on the fox’s back. Pulling it forward it came off of him to open up into a small blanket with a half dozen fish piled in the center. “Only if you cook them right, okay?”

“Where-- where did you get those?” He knelt down to check and see that they were real.

“I just asked Inari-sama.” The little fox answered like it was the most obvious answer in the world.

“Well next time you see him, give him my thanks.” Ryoga patted the vulpine on the top of his head before gathering up the fish to try and find his camp again.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby ranmas » Tue May 20, 2014 10:37 pm

LawOhki wrote:Write in a little kitsune screwing with Ryoga I thought, it'll be easy I thought. The trolling will write itself, I thought.

Just an evil little thought, but that little kitsune wouldn't happen to be Ranma's kid would it. Just imagine all the fun you could have working Ryoga up with the little kitsune and having THE BIG KITSUNE come to find out where the little one had gotten off to, and giving Ryoga a nice scare. Only then to have it turn into Ranma....

Ranma: What have I told you about following little black pigs, or humans named Ryoga....

little one: eat them?

Ranma: .... You've been talking with your aunt again haven't you.
ranmas
Senshi Cadet

Postby LawOhki » Wed May 21, 2014 5:33 am

ranmas wrote:Just an evil little thought, but that little kitsune wouldn't happen to be Ranma's kid would it. Just imagine all the fun you could have working Ryoga up with the little kitsune and having THE BIG KITSUNE come to find out where the little one had gotten off to, and giving Ryoga a nice scare. Only then to have it turn into Ranma....

Ranma: What have I told you about following little black pigs, or humans named Ryoga....

little one: eat them?

Ranma: .... You've been talking with your aunt again haven't you.

Unfortunately it's not, just a nice little kitsune, who's family will offer Ryoga a boon once he's back. Whether or not that family is related to Kaede in some way I haven't decided.

Actually making Ranma his father would require some time shenanigans to do. Already have the two universes being 'off' in terms of how fast they move to explain how old Ranma is vs the events of Naruto. And there will be some more local time dilation for how Ranma finally gets back. But all that speeds things forwards not backwards.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby Blackcat101 » Wed May 21, 2014 10:41 pm

It would be fun that, considering how bad things started for Ranma in the Naruto universe, at the ends he doesn't want to go back. Yeah to think that he prefers a shinobi war because unlike in Nerima he has true companions. Still, I would try to focus more on Ranma human skills and just leave the whole kitsune thing for after the timeskip, since by then it will be only way Ranma can catch up.
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Sun May 25, 2014 11:01 pm

Sitting in a lotus position, Naruto frowned at the scrolls strewn about his bed and his inability to find answers within. He felt a little dumb for thinking that with the resources he had access to, that he would find more information about the seal used to put the Kyuubi in him. It didn’t help that his worthless, lazy, pervert of a sensei refused to answer his well thought out questions on the matter. (1)

He still didn’t know what had happened to that sexy red headed fox-girl. Absolutely nobody would tell him where she had gone and the destruction of parts of Konoha was being covered up as an impromptu test of security. It was torture not to tell his teammate Haruno Sakura since he had thought up about ten ways for it to make him look cool. Naruto also wanted to desperately rub it into his rival Uchiha Sasuke’s face that he’s not the center of attention.

“Hey, boy.” A man’s voice whispered softly from a place right behind Naruto’s ears.

Moving with lightning quick speed, Naruto spun around to face the intruder to his room but found only his poster covered wall. “Eh?” He narrowed his eyes in thought before bouncing up to his feet on the bed. “I’ll warn you now, you’ve entered the home of the amazing, number one Konoha ninja, and soon to be Hokage, Uzumaki Naruto! Now show yourself!” He declared aggressively.

“Sadly, that’s a bit difficult for me at the moment.” The man’s velvety smooth voice purred from the same shadowy corner just behind him.

“Oh, ya? Why’s that?” His eyes darted from side to side, not being able to figure out where this guy was. ‘I gotta learn this jutsu from him though! Oh the pranks I could pull on Sasuke!’

“Perhaps this would be easier a different way.”

Naruto felt a twisting in his gut before all the blood in his body seemed to rush past his ears all at once. He closed his eyes briefly and when he opened them he found that he was in a different place. Giant bars dominated his vision as they stretched upwards to the ceiling high above. The air was damp and his feet were wet because he was standing in a small puddle.

“Wow, this place sucks.” He commented, continuing to take in the rest of the room.

“My sentiments exactly.”

Naruto didn’t know how to respond to the man standing calmly behind the cage bars. Standing as tall as his sensei Kakashi, most of his body was hard to see due to his all black clothing. Long orange hair framed a face that reminded him of that red haired girl. Around the man’s red slitted eyes were black marks that came to points directed at pointed ears.

“You want to impress some girl, correct?” The man asked casually, red eyes intensely looking past the bars.

“What’s it to you?” He hadn’t been talking about Sakura while in his room, at least not out loud. “Who are you and where am I?” Naruto added as an afterthought.

“Because it seems to me that you’re having a difficult time gaining her affection.” The man laughed softly to himself with his eyes closing briefly.

“That’s not true!” Naruto protested loudly, bouncing up to stand close to the bars. “Sakura-chan is just playing hard to get!” He continued on, not caring how his proximity seemed to make the orange haired man’s mouth quirk into a smile.

“Oh! So, this female has a name!” He smiled even wider.

“Sakura-chan isn’t just some female.” Naruto growled at the man.

“Sure, they’re all ‘special’ in some way.” The man remarked sarcastically, waving his hand flippantly.

Naruto took several steps back and looked up to where a piece of paper was hanging from the bars. ‘Seal.’ He backed away further. “Who are you anyways?” He asked suspiciously.

“I assumed it was obvious.” The man crossed his arms and leaned against the bar, intense humorless red eyes watching Naruto’s every move.

“You’re the Fox.” He whispered and gulped nervously.

“So it wasn’t that obvious. And here I thought we were having a nice chat about your inability to bed some girl.” The Kyuubi spoke in disappointment while rolling his eyes.

Naruto blushed furiously and giggled a little bit at the image before remembering who had just insulted him. “What would you know about it? You’re just some big ugly demon! Why do you even look like that, huh? Why don’t you look like that redhead with the big boobs?”

“Her? Is she still alive?” The orange haired man leaned partially out of the bars, eagerly waiting Naruto’s answer.

“I think.” He admitted, not sure since he hadn’t seen her since that morning. “Well? Why do you look like some creepy guy instead of her?”

The Kyuubi vanished back into the darkness of his cage before answering. “I’m bored of you boy. Leave me be.”

“And who says I’m done with you?!” He called out bravely into the dark. Naruto took an aggressive step forward and promptly fell off of his bed to face plant into the wall of his bedroom. Squinting his eyes against the sudden brightness, he pushed himself up to sit in a lotus position with his arms crossed.

“I fell asleep.” Naruto concluded, resolving that he should probably mention the weird dream to old man Sarutobi.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Mon May 26, 2014 6:58 am

I've been rereading the whole story and there are two very important questions (in my opinion) that need to be abswered.

1) If Ranma is the reincarnaton of some of the Kyuubi's chakra, then how did he end up in a different world?

2) Does Ranma have a kitsune form that he can unlock, or is he pure human?
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Mon May 26, 2014 7:16 am

Dumbledork wrote:I've been rereading the whole story and there are two very important questions (in my opinion) that need to be abswered.

1) If Ranma is the reincarnaton of some of the Kyuubi's chakra, then how did he end up in a different world?

Well if there are different worlds, why would a soul be confined to being birthed in just one? Or it could be someones plot. :wink:
2) Does Ranma have a kitsune form that he can unlock, or is he pure human?

Pure human.
SPOILER - Show Spoiler
However, in order to move between worlds the kitsune transported him through their world where humans are not allowed. Stay too long and a human gets turned into a kitsune. So Ranma got a little dose of that to alter his soul a bit but is otherwise physically human. Mostly this just cranks up the ability I gave him to see through illusions and binds him to promises he makes.

However if he goes back he'll never be able to leave quick enough and it will effectively kill who he is. This isn't exactly a spoiler since as soon as Kaede comes back in she'll be open with explaining things.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby Blackcat101 » Mon May 26, 2014 1:00 pm

SPOILER - Show Spoiler
Cannon Ranma is ALREADY bind to promises he makes, so not much of change there. I hope he becomes a bit more of a trickster due to the kitsune part of his soul. Also Ranma has show in the manga that he can get creative during fights, will Ranma start to show that in non combat situations? Also, pretty please make him get that dog whistle.
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Previous

Return to Stories and C&C