Fukufic 101: A mothers love

This is for posting Fiction and C&C replies ONLY. Note this does not have to be a "fukufic" or even fanfiction. All completed /ready-for0review longform creative writing allowed. No posting of individual scenes; that is what the Outlines and Scenes section is for.Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

Re: Fukufic 101: A mothers love

Postby LawOhki » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:12 pm

I find it hard to give any feedback on this due to the characters being complete slaves to the plot and you went really far into Ranma is just an idiot savant who knows nothing outside of martial arts. But the thing that drove me up a wall is that Ranma should have no issue with being a mico. He's done that with no complaint in the time period that you are using. It's one of the funniest one shot chapters. He does odd jobs all the time to make a quick yen. He should have been like "Ooh this'll be good cover!"
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby Blackcat101 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:26 pm

The problem was not him being a miko part time but having to be a girl all the time. Ranma was being influenced by Rose to be a girl all the time so him not wanting to get a job as a girl was resisting somewhat. When Ranma is back to his right frame of mind, he goes to gets a job as a miko to get money for his travel to China with no problem whatsoever.

I never said that Ranma only talent was martial arts, but most of what he does in the manga thats not martial arts is usually odd jobs, like him as a girl trying to get a small kid to leave his room. Dealing with spirits and that seems to be in the job description of being a martial artist, at least in Ranma 1/2. And any skills he learns seem to be martial arts even if they are bizarre and useless ones. And when he learns things that are not martial arts (Gamble King) is because is a challenge of some sort or they force him.

The fanfic is called Fukufic 101 for a reason, I am using most of the tropes and fanon usually seen in a fukufic to subvert them later. For example I already subverted the "Ranma becomes a girl" plot, by having Ranma overcome the influence that was forcing him to be female all the time. Also, I am subverting the plot of Ranma giving up being a guy to become a senshi plot by having him wanting to go to China and get cured. I will probably subvert the "Ranma is just a martial arts" jock plot at some point.

And I don't think he is stupid, upon first facing a youma he started to think on ways and techniques to defeat one. Also, he used his acting skills, is one thing to pretend to be Ranko for a few hours, but he has been doing it for days and has yet to slip.
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:48 pm

Blackcat101 wrote:The problem was not him being a miko part time but having to be a girl all the time. Ranma was being influenced by Rose to be a girl all the time so him not wanting to get a job as a girl was resisting somewhat. When Ranma is back to his right frame of mind, he goes to gets a job as a miko to get money for his travel to China with no problem whatsoever.

Ranma brought waterproof soap and was using it at the start. Not being a guy and being around Nodoka is the point of the trip. He can swim to China, there's a point early on in the series where he's heading off to do just that. Like with the Herb arc, he can pick up odd jobs to get supplies along the way. Is this Ranma you're writing or some OC?

I never said that Ranma only talent was martial arts,
You don't need to, you have Ranma be completely ignorant of basic biology when he's apparently subject to random bouts of getting periods.

but most of what he does in the manga thats not martial arts is usually odd jobs, like him as a girl trying to get a small kid to leave his room.
That wasn't a job, that was cause Genma was mooching off the kid and Ranma was pissed at him for it.

Dealing with spirits and that seems to be in the job description of being a martial artist, at least in Ranma 1/2. And any skills he learns seem to be martial arts even if they are bizarre and useless ones.
And otherwise he's capable/knowledgeable on pretty much everything he comes across.

And when he learns things that are not martial arts (Gamble King) is because is a challenge of some sort or they force him.

He didn't learn anything in that, just had to find a way to cover up a weakness he didn't have before and didn't have after. It's pretty much the most OOC moment in the entire manga. It doesn't fit in with anything else.

The fanfic is called Fukufic 101 for a reason, I am using most of the tropes and fanon usually seen in a fukufic to subvert them later. For example I already subverted the "Ranma becomes a girl" plot, by having Ranma overcome the influence that was forcing him to be female all the time. Also, I am subverting the plot of Ranma giving up being a guy to become a senshi plot by having him wanting to go to China and get cured. I will probably subvert the "Ranma is just a martial arts" jock plot at some point.

You're not subverting if you hit every well worn cliche and then make an inconsequential change. Nor is that brand of subverting all that interesting to read as it is a trope unto itself.

Also, he used his acting skills, is one thing to pretend to be Ranko for a few hours, but he has been doing it for days and has yet to slip.

You haven't shown that in the slightest. Nor that it is any great stretch for Ranma to be a bit more excitable about things and to answer to Ranko. In fact, Ranma has spent so little time with Nodoka that you may as well not have included her.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby Blackcat101 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:37 pm

Is been a long while, here is the somewhat edited version to refresh the story:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9148424/1/ ... her-s-love

And here is

Episode 11? What I do know? part 3 beta /Episode 6 of fanfiction.net version.

Part I

Jadeite woke up screaming, his hands punching glass? No... crystal, he was punching crystal and breaking it. Then he was free, stood naked among broken pink crystals, and looked around confused. Why had he been screaming? Then he remembered, there was pain, so much pain... as if his whole body had been burning. Way worse pain that any torture that bitch of Beryl had ever done to him. At least the pain was gone.

Then he looked himself over, he was... short, it was hard to notice at first but everything in the room looked taller than it used to be. Also, he was naked and his skin was of a slighter darker shade than he remembered. Strange how could he see colors just fine but everything was still blurry. Also, while he didn’t had a headache his mind felt... drowsy... somewhat, as if he was still waking up.

Since vision was blurry, he used his hands to touch his body and find what else had changed. First, he touched his hands and arms, his skin was soft, free of any imperfection, yet at the same time, he could feel strong muscles under it.

Then his chest, something was there, two somethings that a man shouldn’t have. He blinked a few times, his vision clearing and he looked down at his chest.

Breasts.

Small breasts, no bigger than B cups, but breasts still. He reached with his magic to see if it was some illusion or prank, it wasn’t.

Not only did they feel real, they were real, how? Why? Then he tried to think things logically and without looking his hands moved between his legs. He was unfortunately right about something missing. And about something besides what was in his bosom being there that should not.

He was no longer a man, he was now female. Mirror, he needed a mirror.

He looked around the room, he recognized it somewhat, and it was familiar for some reason. Of course, it was familiar, after all, he remembered thinking everything looked taller than what it used to be.

He saw a familiar jail cell, it was open, it had a bed, a huge treasure like chest, a table, equipment to do exercise, some books, and what he had been looking for, a full body mirror.

He entered the cell and looked himself all over. He looked younger, no more than fifteen or sixteen. He was a girl with short blond hair, at least his hair still had the same color and the same length, but his eyes... they were now red, a deep blood red like some youma.

And there was something else that made him look not human, he had big eagle like wings behind him. Strangely he didn’t feel any weight on his back, he reached with his magic and noticed that the wings where simply an extension of his magic. Before trying to will them away, he gave himself a thoughtful look over.

There was a tail, a lion tail sprouting from his tailbone, like his wings, it just felt part of his magic. Thankfully, besides the eyes, wings and tail, he looked like a normal, yet somewhat cute, human girl.

He closed his eyes, willing the tail and wings to fade away, it was easier than doing the most basic beginner spell. When he opened his eyes again he noticed that not only the extra appendages where gone, but his eyes where now green, and looked human.

“I guess you must be confused Miss Jade,” said a familiar male voice in his head, he looked around, but he was alone.

“Who are you?” He asked

“I am your master, remember? I got you free of Beryl’s control and you swore loyalty to me.”

“Wait... Purple... Crow? Why is it hard to remember some things? Why am I so confused? And why the hell you didn’t tell me the change was gonna hurt so much!”

“I will explain later, there are clothes for you in the chest, I didn’t know what sizes you would end up, so there are several.”

“Why the hurry?” Jadeite asked as he started to get dressed, at least there was a pair of pants his size, no way he was gonna wear a skirt.

“Your change used all the power of the omega base save for the emergency backup, the Instant youma factory is not working anymore. Once you are changed, pick the small emerald at the bottom of the chest and shout ‘Henshin’, that way Beryl will believe it was one of the Senshi who did is.”

“So, I will have to fight my way out?” Jadeite asked annoyed.

“Yes, besides this is also a test to see how powerful you have become, good luck!”

“Hey, you just can’t...” Then he heard noise coming from above, dammit, stupid Crow, he would show him!

The two fighters clashed their swords against each other, one was a redhead woman with a long ponytail, and the other was a teenager girl with long black straight hair that reached the middle of her back. Both fighters where sweating hard and looked tired.

“Enough!” The redhead said and the fight stopped, both fighters bowing to each other “I don’t think I can teach you more, not without breaking my vows of not teaching you a few amazon techniques. You have defeated your sisters in both magic and combat. And you can even fight me to a standstill when I am not going all out. Congratulations Raven, you are the new Sailor Mars.”

“Then... Master Rose, why do I feel that I am still not good enough?” The girl named Raven asked.

“Because there is one thing to train, and a different one to fight in real combat. I have taught you everything I was allowed to. Now to get better you will have to seek other masters to learn different things, win real fights, and experience real combat situations. You are the Senshi of War, you will never be complete unless you survive a war or two.”

“I understand Master Rose, thank you.” Raven bowed to Rose again and both females left to take a shower.

He was being stupid and irrational, he should not have run away. But here he was, still in female form, with a backpack and his male clothes, in front of certain Shinto temple. It had been a bit too much, knowing that he had been manipulated, that it really hadn't been his choice to stay as a girl for a few days, that despite all his training he had only won because Rose had let him. There was also the fact that the pigtail was gone, the final humiliation Rose had done to him.

So yes, he panicked, he did not want to explain why he had apparently cut off his own pigtail, and he didn't want to have tea or some hot water 'accidentally' change him from a busty redhead into a male martial artist in front of his mother.

What was he gonna do now? He was free of Rose’s influence, at least for the moment. He really wanted to do that trip to China and find a cure. But he knew he could not do it as Ranma Saotome or Ranko Tendo.

After all, Genma had scammed people in China, and put the blame on him. Both his male and female forms had people who wanted debts paid or wanted him dead or at least seriously injured.

He had a vague idea on how to do this, first he would stay in the temple, maybe even get that job, and he needed money for his plan to work.

So pulling his best cute girl smile, he knocked on the temple doors and said to the old Shinto priest, "Hi, weren't you looking for a cute new miko?"

Kiseki looked at the redhead with short hair, blinked, then blinked again.

"Sorry, not anymore, the position been filled." Kiseki was in her teenager human form, wearing her Miko clothes, the form she called Sakura Kiseki.

"Uh, ok?" Ranma said confused, clearly not expecting this.

"If you want to see him, Miss Tendo, Ryoga-kun is inside."

"You... you know me?" Ranma was even more confused

"Oh, of course I do, Ryoga-kun has told me a lot about you."

"Did he tell you about... uh..."

"Curse? No big deal, I could just smell it even if he had not told me."

"Smell it?" Ranma asked, there was a poof of smoke and the kitsune was back to her usual form of a small five year old fox girl.

"Yes. I am Kiseki the kitsune, part time miko, nice to meet ya!"

Ranma found himself shaking hands with the enthusiastic kitsune and being pushed inside, hot water and a change of clothes later, he was back to being male.

Being a guy feel great, he had been greatly missing it. Being a female was not so bad, not that he would ever admit that to anyone, but simply put, it was not who he really was, even if accepting his female side had made him come to accept it.

IIIII

Golden eyes watched the scene and had to contain her laughter, not because someone would heard her, she was In the timeless place the Time Gates where after all, and Purple Crow wasn't around, but because she figured that if she started to laugh, she would fall down laughing and unable to do anything for several minutes.

What she found so funny was watching Ranma being forced to play with the kitsune, as a guy, because her 'brother Ryoga' was busy with chores.

AN: I know it isn't much, but this is basically forcing myself to go back to this story. I need feedback.

Changelog:

Ranma no longer Becomes a miko.
Ranma meet kiseki.
Ranma has no clue what to do now that he is free.
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Previous

Return to Stories and C&C