The Red Side of a Blue Moon: Chapter 1

This is for posting Fiction and C&C replies ONLY. Note this does not have to be a "fukufic" or even fanfiction. All completed /ready-for0review longform creative writing allowed. No posting of individual scenes; that is what the Outlines and Scenes section is for.Replying posts must give actual commentary, no "GREAT IDEA" or "THIS SUCKS".

The Red Side of a Blue Moon: Chapter 1

Postby Noy Telinú » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:15 am

The Red Side of a Blue Moon

~Noy Telinú~

Warning: this fic is very unconventional… I mean, Akane as Sailor Moon? What the?

Fusion: fall of Ranma ½ and Sailor Moon. Noy did not play fusion fall, it's just the first thing that comes to mind when we hear fusion. Yeah…

Thank you:
tuatara for pushing this. And I mean really push this. Noy had to research a ton of Sailor Moon for this. Telinú laughs about it…

Read on: cuz I'm the Text! Read on, because it's what's next! Read on! Read On! READ ON! Dun, dun, dun, dundundundundun…

You have been warned...

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Chapter 1: She is the one… Sailor Moon!

Ami grumbled as she tried to sleep.

'Stop making so much noise.' Ami fluffed her pillow over her ears.

Much to her dismay, the sounds grew louder and louder, until it was right outside her bedroom door.

Having had enough, Ami got out of bed and walked like a zombie to her door.

When suddenly…

*Swoosh* Akane stood there in all her magic girl glory with Luna struggling in her arms.

"…" Akane was surprised to see Ami up.

"…" Ami could barely see.

"…" Luna fretted, worried about the whole thing.

Seconds ticked by as the twins looked at each other.

Until finally…

"'Kane, go to bed. And stop making noise. I'm tired," Ami spoke and closed the door.

"…" Akane was speechless.

"…" Luna didn't know what to think.

The door opened again.

"Oh, and please take off that… whatever that is. Dressing up as a magic girl doesn't make you one." Ami closed the door again.

Luna sighed in relief.

Akane fumed. "How did she recognize me? I have a mask on!"

"I don't know." Luna shrugged. "Wait, aren't you twins?"

"Fraternal, but we LOOK nearly identical. That's why I grew my hair out." Akane turned towards Luna. "I TOLD you the magic disguise thing was stupid!"

"Maybe because you're twins…." Luna tilted her head.

"Good idea, let's test it." Akane smirked and headed towards Michiru's room.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Michiru's door opened to reveal Sailor Akane… Moon… looking heroic… with Luna facepalming.

Michiru was getting dressed, much to her misfortune. "… Who are you and why are you in my room?"

"You don't recognize me?" Akane asked, striking a pose.

"… No. Are you one of Haruka's friends spying on me?"

"How about NOW?" Akane removed her mask.

"…" Michiru looked her over. "Get out of my house, whoever you are."

"Wow, you're calm." Akane tilted your head. "Big sister, it's me! Akane!"

Suddenly, Michiru was able to recognize Akane's face for some reason. "Alright. What is with the get up?"

"Imma magic girl!" Akane had a huge smile on her face, eyes wide open.

"… Go to bed, little sister," Michiru ordered. "And get out of that costume."

"But I… oh, I… ARRGGG!" Akane stomped away.

Michiru rubbed her eyes. 'Man, I'm still sleepy… I couldn't even recognize my sister's face for a minute.'

Still, the green-bluish-haired girl shrugged and finished dressing.

'I'm cutting it close today…' Michiru grabbed her violin and headed for the koi pond. 'The sun will be coming up soon….'

'Why won't she believe that I'm a magic girl? ARGGG!' Akane clenched her head. "Honestly! What's with her?"

Luna sighed sadly. "They are not going to believe you… Now, go to sleep for an hour or so. Alright? No need to try and prove it to them."

Akane grumbled.

"Akane… just drop it," Luna begged.

The girl wavered. "… Oh… alright…"

"Good," Luna sighed in relief. 'At least there was no other trouble tonight…'

"… But how do you take this thing off?" Akane questioned.

"…" replied Luna.

"Luna? How do I take this off? Luna? Hello? You better have not fallen asleep!" Akane growled.

Luna sweated nervously. 'Great! I forgot!'

"Honestly! Fine I'll figure it out myself," Akane grumbled. "Mean cat, being all catlike and mean…."

A little more than an hour later…

"Are you three alright?" Soun asked, head peeking out over the paper. "It looks like you didn't get enough sleep."

All three Tendo girls' hair was wild and each had bags under their eyes.

"Nothing happened, Father…" Michiru spoke, albeit drowsily. "Nothing at all…"

Ami nodded slowly, eyes droopy. "I… studied a bit later than usual…"

*Bang* Akane's head fell and hit the table.

"…" was every other person's response.

"… Actually, Akane kept me up by dressing in another school's uniform…" Ami confessed.

"WHAT?" Akane popped back up. "IMMA MAGIC GIRL! BLEAH!"

Luna facepalmed under the table.

"… So… It's Tuesday, then?" Soun sighed.

Ami nodded. "That is the day today…"

"Why doesn't anyone believe me?" Akane yelled.

Michiru drank her tea. "Akane, we all know you want to be special…"

"BUT I AM!" Akane growled. "I'll prove it to you!"

Luna panicked. 'No! No, no, NO!'

Akane searched herself but didn't find the brooch. "It's… hold on a second…"

The youngest girl ran back upstairs, only hitting the walls of the house twice. Her black cat followed after her in a hurry.

"…"

"…"

"…"

All the other Tendos simultaneously sighed.

"Excellent breakfast, Michiru… as usual…" Soun eventually spoke.

Ami nodded.

"Thanks…" Michiru answered, drinking her tea.

"…"

"…"

Soun massaged his forehead. "It's times like this that I miss your mother… with her hair so…"

Instantly he started crying.

The other two at the table sighed.

{Moon Prism POWAR!} Akane yelled from her room.

"?" A question mark appeared over the other three Tendos' heads. 'What was…?'

Suddenly! Sailor Moon appeared in front of her family with a black cat chasing after her.

"Fear not, citizens! I will do… something…" Akane silently cursed at her blunder.

Soun continued crying louder and facepalmed. "Akane, daughter, please… what? Why?"

"Yes, Father, this is what Akane did last night…" Michiru frowned.

"Stupid cat! Luna! They recognized me WITH a mask! How HAZ this happened, as you cats would say?" Akane fumed.

'What nonsense is she talking about?' Luna groaned. 'Cats do NOT speak that way!'

"… 'Kane, please change your clothes. We need to get to school…" Ami sighed.

"They don't believe me!" Akane grabbed the tiara on her head and stared at it. "Why can't I do things magical? Stupid MOON, stupid TIARA, stupid MAGIC! ARGG!"

Akane threw it away in anger, only for it to glow and spin into a disk, flying out of the house through the open door before looping around and coming back to her head.

"…"

"…"

"…"

"…"

"…"

Everyone and their cat was speechless.

Michiru and Ami blinked, looked at each other and nodded.

"'Kane…" Ami stated as the sisters stood up. "We need to talk…"

Both older sisters dragged a stunned Akane out of the room.

'Just what I need…' Luna chased after them.

"…" Soun blinked and fell over in a faint.

"Alright, little sister… you're right… you're a magic girl," Michiru sighed.

"Imma magic girl…" Akane was still dazed.

"Great, she's still in shock," Ami noted.

"Perhaps if we slap her…" Michiru tapped her lips with her finger.

"Talking cat was right…" Akane laughed hysterically. "I've figured out a magical attack on my own!"

Ami sighed and nodded to her older sister.

*Smack* Akane's cheek took 1 damage.

"Ow! Michiru!" Akane gasped in shock and rubbed her cheek.

"Sorry, little sister, but you were out of it." Michiru took a deep breath. "Now… tell us what that was about."

Akane smiled. "I learned a magical attack! I'm an action fighting magic girl! Now will you believe me?"

Her sisters nodded.

"Good… Imma magic girl, Imma magic girl, Whoohoo!" Akane giggled hysterically. "Wait… where's Luna? She really talks. I wasn't lying about that."

Luna sighed in defeat. "I'm here…"

Michiru and Ami looked down at the cat and blinked.

"There you are!" Akane was smiling ear to ear.

"Yes… yes, I am… Since you would soak me until I tell you everything, I might as well tell all three of you," Luna sighed. "Akane is Sailor Moon…"

"Sailor?" Ami turned and studied Akane. "Sailor seifuku?"

"… Yes…" Luna answered slowly.

Akane narrowed her eyes. "Wait a second… Sailor… like Sailor V? I'm on a magical girl team of magic girls?"

"Um…" Luna was cut off by a squeal.

"Imma part of a magic girl fighting team!" Akane leaped for joy.

The other three sweatdropped.

"Is she…?" Luna asked.

"You have no idea," Ami deadpanned.

Luna facepalmed.

"Alright, Luna, my magical cat advisor who can talk," Akane struck a pose, "what is my magical girl mission now that I'm a magic girl who can do magic?"

"Well, aren't you giddy…?" Luna sweatdropped more.

"You can tell her later. We need to go to school." Michiru put her foot down.

*Crash* came from behind them.

All four turned around to see a once more unconscious Soun Tendo right behind them.

Ami sighed. "I'll take care of Father."

"I said I didn't tell anyone!" Akane yelled as she walked home with her sisters. "Why don't you believe me?"

The other two Tendo girls looked at each other and sighed.

Ami looked upwards. "Because we know you… all too well…"

Akane fumed. "Honestly! My own sisters!"

Michiru smiled. "Relax, little sister. It's not that we don't trust you, it's that you've been rather excited about this."

Akane sighed. "I guess…"

The trio made it home without any further delay…

"Ah, my fierce tigress!" A wild Tatewaki Kuno appeared.

*Glomp* Oh no, Akane's caught in a glomp!

'Akane! What are you doing here?' Akane screamed at herself. 'This area is perverted! Ease off and smack him!'

"I love you…" Kuno proclaimed as he was sent flying by an Akane kick.

Ami used her hand like a visor. "I think that might be a new aerial record."

"Really?" asked Michiru.

"I have no idea; I don't keep track of that stuff." Ami shrugged.

"Well, you SHOULD!" Akane stomped off, mood darkened.

Her sisters had a hard time keeping up.

Luna took a deep breath as she was surrounded by the Tendo girls in Akane's bedroom.

"I'm sure you have a lot of questions…" Luna sighed. 'I'm beginning to regret this…'

Ami nodded and had a notebook filled with questions that she laid out before the black cat.

Luna sweatdropped.

"Ami, I think I should ask the first question…" Akane got right up into Luna's face. "Why didn't you speak last night?"

Luna sighed. "Because it is dangerous to let other people know. Not that I've had much of a choice since you used your tiara this morning…"

"Letting them know is better than keeping it a secret and creating awkwardness!" Akane argued."'Oh, Akane, where are you going at three in the morning?'I can't tell you because my cat said NOT TO TELL ANYONE!"

"You would put your family at risk for this?" Luna narrowed her eyes. "You have enemies who could use that to destroy you."

Akane blinked. "Well, duh. But that never works. Haven't you read what happens?"

Luna facefaulted. "Just because I'm a talking cat doesn't mean I know your popular culture…"

Ami coughed into her hand. "Question one, formerly question five, what enemies does my sister have?"

Luna sweated as she answered carefully. "I don't know. My memory isn't that good…"

Michiru tilted her head. "Why is that?"

"Um… I don't know." Luna was starting to hate how smart Akane's sisters were.

"Question two, formerly question one, where are you from?" Ami asked pencil in hand.

Luna sighed in defeat. "The Moon… 5,000 years ago…"

"I have a moon cat!" Akane giggled joyously.

Michiru closed her eyes for a moment before getting right in front of Akane.

*Smack* Akane's left cheek took 2 damage.

"OW!" Akane rubbed her cheek. "WHY?"

Ami answered for her. "I can practically feel your intelligence dropping… We want answers from this space-cat and you're acting like a child."

Akane narrowed her eyes at her twin. "You're just too serious to be excited… both of you! I! AM! A MAGIC! GIRL! Shouldn't you be happy for me? We have an alien cat, show some joy! Honestly!"

Ami blinked. "Speaking of which… question three, formerly question one hundred seventeen, how can you speak Japanese?"

Luna sweatdropped. "Magic? How should I know?"

"But you DO know what dangers our little sister is getting into, correct?" Michiru set her glare to stun.

Luna sighed. "Yes… Yes, I do… First off, she needs allies…"

"Like Sailor V!" Akane smiled. "Ooh! Can I haz my ownz video gamez?"

Her sisters glared at her.

"What?" Akane threw her arms into the air. "Sailor V has a video game! And you should speak like cats if you want them to understand…"

Luna facepalmed. "Cats do not speak that way!"

"Says you!" Akane got defensive.

Luna banged her head on the bed. 'Why me?'

Ami poked Luna with her pencil. "Question four, formerly question two, what else does my twin sister have to do on the job as a magic girl?"

Luna groaned. "She… has to find the Moon princess… Hopefully, then we can have someone competent in charge…"

"What is that supposed to mean?" Akane growled.

Ami shrugged. "You have been acting childish."

Her twin grumbled and crossed her arms over her chest, looking away.

"Speaking of childish…" Michiru rubbed her chin. "What do we tell Father?"

*Slam!* The door opened to reveal Soun Tendo.

"EVERYTHING!" Soun commanded, posing heroically.

Those not named Akane sweatdropped.

"DAD! IMMA MAGIC GIRL!" Akane smiled.

"Yes, you are, princess…" Soun nodded his head knowingly. "Now, what have you gotten my baby daughter into?"

Luna internally cried.

"… And that's all you need to know… Happy?" Luna groaned in annoyance after explaining to Soun as much as she was willing to share with him.

Said man smoothed his mustache with his fingers. "Absolutely not!"

"WHAT?" Akane grew scared.

"I will not let my youngest daughter fight crime until she has a disguise." Soun crossed his arms.

Everyone else facefaulted.

"But I have a disguise!" Akane growled. "I showed you this morning!"

Soun stood firm. "And I saw through it. Not very good."

Akane's mind raced to think of an idea. "But DAD! It's only because… you're so awesome!"

Luna massaged her face.

Soun was slightly shocked. "I am? Err, yes, I AM!" Soun mentally high fived himself. 'All that training under He-who-is-dead… forever… has finally paid off! My youngest daughter respects me now!'

"Yes." Akane nodded. "But to normal, un-awesome people, my disguise is good… RIGHT, LUNA?"

Luna sighed, weeping on the inside. "Yes…"

Soun pondered by messing with his mustache. "Very well, then. It's a martial artist's duty to protect the weak, and being a magic girl IS honorable… I'll allow it because I was told about it now, instead of much later after my daughter dies a few times…"

Akane stuck her tongue out smugly at Luna.

"However, I do recommend a better mask…" Soun stroked his chin. "The one I saw this morning is terrible and could poke someone's eye out, not to mention looking too much like Sailor V's…"

Akane's sisters nodded in agreement.

Luna closed her eyes… and pounded her head into the bed.

Ami glanced at the clock. "Akane, please don't do anything incredibly… stupid. I have to go to cram school now."

Akane gritted her teeth but kept quiet.

"Speaking of which…" Michiru turned to leave. "I have practice to go to… and a date. Please don't blow up the kitchen again, little sister. Order out… please."

"I said I was sorry!" Akane blurted.

Both sisters nodded and left.

"Whatever you do, I will support you," Soun said as he headed to the door. "But please, don't die…"

Akane rolled her eyes as her father started crying.

"I believe in you…" Soun closed the door, leaving behind many of tears.

Luna pushed herself up and took a deep breath. "Satisfied?"

Akane looked down and shook her head. "No… I have to do something first… Come, Luna…"

Luna gulped. 'I have a very bad feeling about this….'

Luna gasped in shock as she sat in Akane's lap at the place to which they had gone.

"And here's some for you, open up…" Akane offered Luna some ice cream with a spoon as she sat in a booth.

Luna looked around and only saw a couple of girls near the front; there was no one in earshot. She still whispered, though. "Thank you."

Luna ate the spoonful. "OM NOM NOMNOMNOM."

Akane smiled. "I just wanted to thank you for the whole you-know-what and apologize for harming you…"

Luna stopped to catch her breath. "Does this mean no more water to the face?"

Akane sweated and rubbed the back of her head with her free hand. "Sorry about that…"

Luna studied Akane. 'She doesn't want to do harm… Yet… when she gets angry…' Luna shivered. 'Such an odd girl… and an even odder position… There was no Sailor Moon back then, yet that's who she is… No time to figure that out. We still have to find the Moon Princess…'

"Hey, Luna…" Akane interrupted the cat's thoughts. "Were there ever any whales on the moon?"

Luna's eyes widened. "Is there any reason for asking this?"

Akane shrugged. "It's not TOO important… I just wanted to know…"

"Well… you see…" Luna was about to say more when something completely different happened.

*CRASH* A BANDICOOT came through the wall, a bandicoot that looked to be made of spoons… orange spoons…

Luna's eyes widened further. "It's a youma! We need Sailor Moon!"

Akane blinked. "Hmm? Why would that be necessary? I can take it!"

Luna facepalmed. "Just do it…"

"But those are expensive! Foreign shoes always are…" Akane sighed.

'WHAT?' Luna grew irritated. "Transform!"

Akane rolled her eyes. "Alright, alright!"

Meanwhile, the youma had absorbed the energy of the teenage boy clerk and the two girls and was looking for more.

Akane ducked under the table and whispered, {Moon Prism Power.}

The spoon youma accidentally hit the music controls for the shop and 'I'm a Barbie Girl' song started playing as Akane transformed.

'Barbie!' Akane smiled as she heard it. 'No! Don't get distracted, time to be a fighting magic girl!'

The spoon youma bandicoot turned its head towards Akane just in time to get hit.

"Moon Punch!" Akane smacked the youma as she jumped into action. 'Moon Punch… that's a good one.'

Luna was shocked when she saw that Akane wasted no time (once transformed, that is) to leap into action.

"…" the spoon bandicoot youma screamed.

"…" Akane shook her head. "What?"

"…" The spoon youma leaped to spoon Akane with its left rusty hand…. spoon.

Akane dodged to the left and hit the thing's spoon elbow as it missed her. "Moon PUNCH!"

*Clank* The spoon youma lost its arm below the elbow.

'Wow! That's harder than I can normally hit…' A smile crept across Akane's face. "Stop, evil spoon! Or, I, Sailor Moon shall punish you!"

"…" the spoon bandicoot screamed.

"Moon Kick!" Akane kicked the spoon youma in the shin, denting it. 'It didn't break the shin… Ripoff artist!'

With more anger, Akane kicked the other shin. "Moon KICK!"

*Clank clank clank clank* Spoons fell to the floor as it was kicked.

"Ha ha!" Akane was grinning from ear to ear.

"Sailor Moon, finish it off! Lives are in danger!" Luna cried out, impressed by Akane's fighting skills.

'Oh, right… yipes!' Akane leaped out of the way as the uninjured arm made of orange spoons came down where she'd been standing.

Sailor Moon rolled and stood up, smirk on her face. "Eat this, evil spoon! Moon! Tiara! Um… what was it… Action?"

She threw her tiara at the creature and it spun into a disk, creaming the youma and turning it to dust.

"Wow…" Akane was shocked at what happened. "I just killed an orange spoon bandicoot…"

Luna walked over to Sailor Moon. "Very good, Sailor Moon. The people's life energy will return to them soon…"

As Luna was speaking, the three people seemed to be stirring.

That shook Sailor Moon out of her stupor. "We should go… right after this…"

Sailor Moon found a pen and a napkin behind the counter and scribbled something on it before placing it on the pile of dust.

"Let's go…" Sailor Moon transformed and walked a little too casually out of the building.

Yuka groaned as she came to. "Sayuri… Oh, my head… What happened?"

Sayuri rubbed her head as she awoke. "I don't know… Why are there holes in the floor… and the wall?"

"There's dust here…" Yuka walked over to the dust pile. "Huh… there's something on this napkin…"

"What is it?" Sayuri walked over to her friend.

"It says, 'Sailor Moon 1 Spoons 0' and there's a drawing of a girl in a sailor fuku… with a mask… and its tongue out," Yuka stated. "She looks kinda like Sailor V, but with a different hairstyle."

"Hard to tell much else from a scribble…" Sayuri mused. "So… do we have a magic girl here in Tokyo?"

Yuka nodded. "I think so."

Both were quiet for a few minutes.

"WHAT THE?" The teenage clerk woke up. "My boss is gonna KILL ME!"

"… Think it's Akane?" Sayuri asked.

"Oh, yeah…" Yuka answered. "Who else would it be?"

They stayed quiet for another moment in thought.

"Do you two girls know what happened?" The clerk asked.

Yuka shrugged. "It was Crash Bandicoot…"

"What?' The teenage boy trembled. "He's real?"

Yuka just nodded.

The clerk gripped his head and calmed down. "Good… we have insurance for that…"

With that, he walked to the back room.

"How sure are you about it being Akane?" Sayuri asked. "I'm thinking 50-50."

"I'm at a 93%... did you see how giddy she was today? 5% it's someone else we know, 2% for a random stranger…" Yuka tapped her lips in thought. "Should we ask?"

"Let's just talk about Sailor Moon, and if she has a reaction, then we'll know," Sayuri answered.

"A magic girl martial artist… great," Yuka sighed. "How are we supposed to get boyfriends now?"

Sayuri bowed her head in sadness.

'Imma magic girl, but that's OK!' Akane hummed to herself as she walked home, Luna in her arms.

The blue-haired girl was skipping at this point; her mood was upbeat and pleasant.

That's how her twin saw her as she turned onto the street right behind her. 'Glad to see her happy…'

"Hey, Luna, how was that? Huh? Who's incompetent now?" Akane laughed merrily as she skipped.

Luna rolled her eyes. "Be quiet!" the cat whispered. "People will think you're a crazy cat lady!"

Akane frowned. "Killjoy…"

"'Kane, wait up!" Ami called out not too far behind her twin.

"Sis! Guess what I did?" Akane was giddy with excitement. "Guess, guess…"

"You got to be a magic girl and killed a monster of some sort," Ami deadpanned.

"…" Luna blinked in surprise.

Akane didn't, however. "Mm hmm! Sure did! It was awesome! How was your time at cram school?"

Ami shrugged.

"Same as always, huh…" Akane let out her breath. "And you don't want me to teach them a lesson?"

Ami shook her head.

"Fine… They're mean, though…" Akane mumbled.

Ami sighed. "I don't care what they think…"

"Well, I DO!" Akane shouted. "You're my sister! My TWIN SISTER! I can't let them be mean to you!"

"They haven't hurt me…" Ami argued.

"Not PHYSICALLY!" Akane growled. "But they! They! ARGGG!"

"Please calm down…" Ami put a hand on Akane's shoulder. "It's not worth it…"

Akane sighed and lowered her head. "But I… I… I feel so… helpless, sis… They're making you miserable and you won't let me do anything…"

"I don't care that they make fun of me." Ami tilted Akane's head up.

"Liar…" Akane mumbled. "I hate to see you hurting, sis…"

Ami sighed. "I know… but it's just words…"

Akane sniffled. "That just makes it worse…"

"… Come on, some ice cream will cheer you up." Ami smiled.

"Can't. Destroyed it while defeating a bandicoot. Right, Luna?" Akane smile victoriously.

Luna, who was observing the twins, just nodded.

Ami sighed. "Should I be worried?"

"No," Akane answered. "It just means that your classmates will have to treat you better."

Ami pinched her nose. "If I make dinner, will you not attack them?"

"Well…" Akane bit her lip. "They could… I dunno, be evil…"

Ami looked at Luna, who just shrugged.

"At least wait a day…" Ami countered.

Akane's stomach growled. "Deal!"

"Pass the sauce, Luna." Akane was seated with her father, twin, and magical cat at the table, all enjoying Ami's meal.

"I never thought I would do this…" Luna sweatdropped, but pushed the sauce to Akane anyway.

"And why is that?" Soun asked, enjoying his food.

Luna rolled her eyes. "I… am a cat."

Soun blinked. "So?"

Luna facepalmed.

"There is a chance of you receiving a concussion if you keep doing that, Luna…" Ami stated as she ate.

"I… am a CAT!" Luna stressed. "I am eating here, at a table, but I am a CAT! Most people would find this strange!"

Akane humphed. "Those people suck… Why shouldn't you eat at the table?"

Luna just sighed. "Forget it…"

Ami tapped her lips with her chopsticks. "Did this happen 5,000 years ago?"

Luna took a deep, deep breath. "Yes… I ate with humans 5,000 years ago, BUT, it was… different…"

Akane snorted. "No, it isn't."

"…" Luna opened her mouth, closed it and rubbed her temples.

"Anyway…" Akane raised an eyebrow. "Dad, guess what I did?"

Soun thought it over. "You… ate ice cream?"

Akane frowned. "Well, yeah… but I did something ELSE too!"

"I… don't… know…" Soun honestly stated.

Akane grinned. "I killed a bandicoot made of SPOONS!"

Luna sighed. "It was a youma…"

Akane nodded. "A spoon one…"

Soun paused and looked at Ami, who pointed to Luna, who in turn rolled her eyes and nodded. "… WHAHHH! MY DAUGHTER KILLED A SPOON YOUMA!"

Luna facepalmed while the twins rolled their eyes.

"I'm fine, Dad, jeeze…" Akane mumbled.

Soun kept crying, however. "NOW SHE HAS DEATH ON HER HANDS! WHAHHH!"

Luna tried to help. "Youma are… not of this world, really… so…"

"WHAHHH! MY DAUGHTER WAS ATTACKED BY INTERDENOMINATIONAL CREATURES!" Soun cried.

Luna looked at Ami, who sighed.

"Dad… I want you to train me, then… better." Akane narrowed her eyes.

Soun stopped crying. "Now, let's not get too overdramatic, shall we?"

Luna facefaulted. "What's WITH you people?"

The three Tendos stared at her.

"What's wrong with YOU?" Akane got defensive. "You can't even speak cat right!"

Luna's eye twitched violently.

Ami pinched her nose. "Our family… is used to crazy. And Father doesn't want to see sis get hurt… ever. He's been that way the last ten years. Ever since Mom…"

Soun cut her off. "What my daughter meant to say is… uh… um… Want more rice?"

Luna covered her eyes with her paws as her ears fell flat against her head. 'What did I do to deserve this?'

"Goodnight, honorable older sister…" Akane said as she hugged Michiru.

"Goodnight. I'll try to get Haruka to stop flirting with you." Michiru smiled.

Akane looked hopeful. "Does it involve smashing?"

Michiru closed her eyes. "No, my way is different."

Akane frowned. "But I wanna smash him. He's cheating on you… sorta… and bugging me!"

Michiru giggled. "But if you smashed Haruka, then it would be nurses who would be in trouble…"

"Oh…" Akane sighed.

"I know what I'm doing…" Michiru smiled wider. "Alright?"

"Yes…" Akane let go and went to her room.

Luna yawned as she saw Akane enter. "Feeling better?"

Akane nodded. "A little. Are you sure you want to sleep on a pillow on the floor instead of on my bed?"

Luna sweatdropped. "Yes… I'm sure."

Akane shrugged and crawled into bed. "Goodnight, magical mooncat Luna."

"Goodnight, Akane…" Luna closed her eyes.

'My life is finally changing for the better… I'm special.' Akane smiled and fell asleep.

Author's notes: I think this stresses the characters more, don't you think? Besides, it has a weird uniqueness to it. Akane laughing in the face of danger instead of Usagi, crying and doesn't like fighting. Poor Luna… Originally, the prologue was going to include the first three chapters, but tuatara convinced them to split it. It turned out pretty good… Oh, and the reason this started in August is that it was a blue moon AND a red moon in August. Yeah, wow.
"Oh no! What haz happened? As you cats would say." Akane asked, horrified.

"Cats do not speak that way!" Luna yelled.

"Normal sucks."-Noy Telinú
Noy Telinú
Prism Power Senshi

Return to Stories and C&C