General Error received while accessing forum

Got a suggestion for the site? Put it here

General Error received while accessing forum

Postby PCHeintz72 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:12 am

More a FYI than anything else.

Received the following at 11:52pm EST Sunday, and could not get in for an hour or so...

General Error

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Too many connections [1040]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Re: General Error received while accessing forum

Postby Yando » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:32 pm

Received the same error around the same time I think but I was only locked out for a min or two
Yando
Senshi Candidate

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:53 am

Forum is currently acting slow. But that is not what I'm posting about.

I just got the general SQL error again... BUT, this time it was on a specific thread in the search section, not access overall in the forum... turned out if I clicked on the updated post icon link (which in theory for any thread should take to the 1st unread post), it would give the error, if I clicked on the thread link leading to the first post, it would not give the error and went to the post properly. What is weird is in theory, those should be pointing to the same post in a new thread with 1 post.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:38 pm

Very strange. I'll forward to Stacy to see if she has any ideas.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby Stacy » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:59 pm

I occasionally get a notice from the host about an SQL query timing out, and every time it's a basic SELECT query that should only take a few seconds or something. I'll try to optimize the tables, if that'll help, but I'm thinking it's a problem with someone else on the server overtaxing MySQL.
Ask me about my curses, clothing, contracts, wishes, viruses, potions, wards, prophecies, mutant abilities, school uniforms, books, hexes, jewelry, wards, DNA resequencers, computer programs, enchantments, weapons, water springs, musical instruments, blessings, alchemic techniques, porphyric feline hemophilia, spacial anomalies, kitsune magic, demonic adoption rituals, and data manipulation techniques for turning people into girls!
Stacy
Site Mistress

Return to Site Suggestions