Submit button issues have reappeared.

Got a suggestion for the site? Put it here

Submit button issues have reappeared.

Postby PCHeintz72 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:12 pm

Well... I enjoyed a couple weeks on this forum with no submit button woes on the post screen...

Regrettibly, they seem to have come back.

Once the other day, and just now... the forum seemed to have lost its connection upon hitting submit and got a page cannot be displayed issue..

I hit the back button a couple times, and saw my post was not there, but then hit refresh a few seconds later and it was.

I guess I'll have to again start copying the post to the clipboard for larger posts just as I go to hit submit to insure I do not loose post content..

using IE9 under Win7

EDIT: I just had to hit submit for this post multiple times, it would not post at first
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Re: Submit button issues have reappeared.

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:07 am

I had similar problems yesterday.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby khammel » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:03 am

Ellen Kuhfeld wrote:I had similar problems yesterday.

This happened to me too yesterday (after spending over an hour on a reply to a post). I just presumed my login credential had expired. Normally I copy to a buffer before hitting buttons like that.
khammel
Senshi Cadet

Postby PCHeintz72 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:57 pm

khammel wrote:This happened to me too yesterday (after spending over an hour on a reply to a post). I just presumed my login credential had expired. Normally I copy to a buffer before hitting buttons like that.

That was unlikely the issue in my case, being I was only makin it for a few minutes on the one, and only several on the other.

I started having issues back around Oct of 2011... with randomness upon hitting submit...
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:57 pm

khammel wrote:This happened to me too yesterday (after spending over an hour on a reply to a post). I just presumed my login credential had expired. Normally I copy to a buffer before hitting buttons like that.

That was unlikely the issue in my case, being I was only makin it for a few minutes on the one, and only several on the other.

I started having issues back around Oct of 2011... with randomness upon hitting submit...

in point of fact... it just did it again on this post... and it is not long at all...
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:34 am

Hmmm... new behavior... it is duplicating posts and threads.

I just deleted one duplicate post of mine, and I have been PM'ed that this thread was duplicated... must have been when I hit the edit button... I'll delete the duplicate thread if it will let me...

EDIT: Grrr... It just duplicated this post as well... and would only allow me to delete the first copy, not the second. Definately wierd behavior.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Return to Site Suggestions