Rant: Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter

Talk about various Western Media Here.

Rant: Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter

Postby mondu_the_fat » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:33 pm

My sister got me this two days ago.

Urgh. If this were fanfiction I'd wouldn't have lasted past the first chapter. I'm about 100+ pages into it and I can't seem to have the strength to read the rest.

POV changes EVERY PARAGRAPH, with no breaks. Sometimes POV changes every other sentence. It doesn't help that everything is a flashback within a flashback within a flashback. Heaven help you if there are multiple people on the scene other than Abe Lincoln. And there's a random narrator voice that pops up as well. Its a wild mass guess who is speaking and which POV is being taken.

As for the plot, its just Abe Lincoln's life, except that every tragedy in his life was caused by vampires (for example, his grandfather was killed by vampires rather than native americans, his mother and first girlfriend died of vampires rather than typhoid, etc). Then he goes out to kill them, more often than not a few sentences on how he chops off their head. If you're expecting some baddass actions scenes, you'll be disappointed. Vampires are supposedly much stronger and much faster, capable of ripping people in half and agile enough to jump across tree tops, but after reading a plain "I threw my axe, it hit, he died" several times it gets kinda boring, rapidly.

I was hoping to get "Pride, Prejudice and Zombies" by the same author, but if this is his writing style, forget it.
"So Igor wasn't kidding. Most people just ensure they won't die cold and alone by making friends...I gain superpowers and have mysterious voices tell me I did a good job. My life is a goddamn mess."
-- Minato Arisato, My Life is a Goddamn Mess
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Re: Rant: Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter

Postby ckosacranoid » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:21 am

i seen the book and thought that its was amsuing for an idea, just never looked at it....it really is that bad for a writing style and it got released.....thats fragged up to say the least...
http://otakuracing.blogspot.com/
my blog for busniess and other things i do.
ckosacranoid
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Return to Western TV/Movies/Books