They're running out of good ideas

Talk about various Western Media Here.

They're running out of good ideas

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:09 pm

That's what I thought when I saw "Cowboys and Aliens." (And Harrison Ford is actually in it. O.o )

So, I figured, why not make a topic where people can show movie titles that make you think that they're running out of good ideas. Even if it happens to be a very old movie, since people can run out of good ideas at any time for various reasons.
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Re: They're running out of good ideas

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:29 pm

Crescent Pulsar R wrote:That's what I thought when I saw "Cowboys and Aliens." (And Harrison Ford is actually in it. O.o )

So, I figured, why not make a topic where people can show movie titles that make you think that they're running out of good ideas. Even if it happens to be a very old movie, since people can run out of good ideas at any time for various reasons.

"Battleship. When they try to make a movie out of a simple board game, you know they're reaching.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby BF110C4 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:53 pm

Doom, they get a video game which by itself is mostly lacking plot, and then they manage to fill the blanks with one of the worst stuff ever written for a movie.
BF110C4
Senshi Candidate

Postby frice2000 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:59 pm

BF110C4 wrote:Doom, they get a video game which by itself is mostly lacking plot, and then they manage to fill the blanks with one of the worst stuff ever written for a movie.

That could've been a very good movie though. Adapt this book series or barring that simply have a shooty action fest fighting demons with little character development. What they did failed because there plot was silly and they weren't creative. Complete lack of plot or something interesting and that movie would've been fine.
frice2000
Asteroid Senshi

Postby mondu_the_fat » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:17 pm

Eh, I disliked the Doom books, especially the ending. The characters
"living on" in a virtual reality was a cop out.

I'd say the failure of the Doom movie was because it was Doom in name only, then going comedy/slapstick/superheroic rather than gritty.
"So Igor wasn't kidding. Most people just ensure they won't die cold and alone by making friends...I gain superpowers and have mysterious voices tell me I did a good job. My life is a goddamn mess."
-- Minato Arisato, My Life is a Goddamn Mess
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby WG_Writer » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:07 am

how about the movie "The Day After Tomorrow"

We start with a bad name, add in bad science, a bad idea for a disaster (Granted as a Canadian an Ice storm is not a far fetched idea to me but the speed and extent is way out there), and all that is just the back plot for an over used idea of a guy facing the cold to rescue his child...
Storm trooper effect works against good guys as well.
No matter how strong you are, there is always a teenager able to beat you without breaking a sweat.
A blind Paladin can only hear half truths
A deaf Paladin can only see half truths
Either way the Paladin is a berserker
WG_Writer
Moon Senshi

Postby ckosacranoid » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:39 pm

how about the remake of tv shows from the 60's 70's and the 80's. that is saying something to say the least.
http://otakuracing.blogspot.com/
my blog for busniess and other things i do.
ckosacranoid
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Return to Western TV/Movies/Books