Star Treking

Talk about various Western Media Here.

Star Treking

Postby Lioconvoy » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:26 pm

Across the universe, boldly going forward because we can't find reverse.

I'm kinda surprised with the numbers of Trekies and Trekers this topic wasn't already made. Anyway instead of making a certain welcome thread more off topic I'll start this off with the Tribbles. In the episode of TAS the three legged creature didn't make safe tribbles, it at them. The guy claimed it was from their home world and their natural predator, but the Klingons claimed they made it.
Sometimes it just doesn't pay....

Expect me when you see me -Doctor Who (The first Doctor)
Lioconvoy
Crisis Power Senshi

Re: Star Treking

Postby ckosacranoid » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:11 pm

not sure about that since its been ages since i have watched trek at all.......
its also been a few years since i took a social studies class about star trek also.....i can think it was 2007, cause some of the class memeber where in a movie that year that we got to see fot the first time about star wars fans....they also went to the big 30th biorthday bash at the big west coast con that year.

star trek....the search for all the bastards that kirk was a father to....
sorry, very amsuing thoughts on this.
http://otakuracing.blogspot.com/
my blog for busniess and other things i do.
ckosacranoid
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby camk4evr » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:08 am

Lioconvoy wrote:Across the universe, boldly going forward because we can't find reverse.

I'm kinda surprised with the numbers of Trekies and Trekers this topic wasn't already made. Anyway instead of making a certain welcome thread more off topic I'll start this off with the Tribbles. In the episode of TAS the three legged creature didn't make safe tribbles, it at them. The guy claimed it was from their home world and their natural predator, but the Klingons claimed they made it.

I believe that episode was called "More Tribbles, More Troubles". Unfortunately, though I did watch the animated series that was one episode that I've never seen. Apparently, it was originally intended to be an episode of the original series but someone decided that their wasn't to be any sequels to previous episodes. I can't remember if it was The Network, the head script writer/editor, a director, some other producer or Gene Roddenberry himself.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shinji: Well suppose some mysterious entities were attacking, and
Asuka:Oh please, Baka Shinji, that sounds like some cheap, pseudo-profound T.V. show. Low budget. Ambiguous ending.
-Asuka and Shinji discussing why you would build a giant robot. NGE: Shinji Ikari Raising Project Vol.6
camk4evr
Moon Senshi

Postby talonhunter » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:31 am

This is to address Spok's statement in the intro threads...
Spok wrote:by Spokavriel » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:18 pm
How could that be so "Tribbles have no teeth" nor claws for that matter.

By it's nature. Any creature that proliferated by feeding...(See Gremlins)...is not only a danger to itself, but others who must co habitats with the creatures...
camk4evr wrote: I believe that episode was called "More Tribbles, More Troubles". Unfortunately, though I did watch the animated series that was one episode that I've never seen. Apparently, it was originally intended to be an episode of the original series but someone decided that their wasn't to be any sequels to previous episodes. I can't remember if it was The Network, the head script writer/editor, a director, some other producer or Gene Roddenberry himself.

I think that was a CBS decision at the time. If you look at the ST:NG stories, they built upon sequels to enhance the storyline, like Rodenberry wanted.
Who needs the light when the shadows are so much more...Playful

Senshi of Dione (Saturn IV)

=^*^=
Come see some of the crew here
talonhunter
Prism Power Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:13 am

Well... The episode in question I think was ep 5 out of 22 or so...

The series was by many fans not really considered canon, a lot was introduced that does not really fit very closely the mainline TOS series.

Also, the TAS series was made early 70's, and made on low budget for even then, the acting and quality is just lacking.

I have it, but can't say I watch it much.

I have every series and movie for Star Trek, and even a number of the specials made over the years.

Along with some 500 novels and tech manuals for it...
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby mondu_the_fat » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:18 am

I have the novelization of that episode.

The predator was genetically engineered by the Klingons. However, it has a limit to how many tribbles it can consume. In the end, facing a Klingon starship infested by tribbles, it retreated.
"So Igor wasn't kidding. Most people just ensure they won't die cold and alone by making friends...I gain superpowers and have mysterious voices tell me I did a good job. My life is a goddamn mess."
-- Minato Arisato, My Life is a Goddamn Mess
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby talonhunter » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:44 am

I know in the ds9 story, the Klingons found a way to eliminate the Tribbles, and the Defiants trip to the past brought them back from extinction. Though it is never revealled what they did to exterminate them finally.
Who needs the light when the shadows are so much more...Playful

Senshi of Dione (Saturn IV)

=^*^=
Come see some of the crew here
talonhunter
Prism Power Senshi

Postby camk4evr » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:49 pm

PCHeintz72 wrote:Along with some 500 novels and tech manuals for it...

I've only got about a dozen novels, a crappy AMT model it whose parts do no fit together properly (understatement), an episode guide for TNG for season 1-4, three books for the Prime Directive RPG (which is based on the Star Fleet Battles game), a PS2 game, the Owner's Guide to the Enterprise (all of the TV one's), and seasons 1 & 2 of TOS. I stopped collecting the novels because there was too many bad ones and I just gave up trying to find the good ones and I found that most (all the one I've seen) tech books make mistakes when it comes to the Enterprise for TOS.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shinji: Well suppose some mysterious entities were attacking, and
Asuka:Oh please, Baka Shinji, that sounds like some cheap, pseudo-profound T.V. show. Low budget. Ambiguous ending.
-Asuka and Shinji discussing why you would build a giant robot. NGE: Shinji Ikari Raising Project Vol.6
camk4evr
Moon Senshi

Postby Lioconvoy » Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:48 pm

More proof that this topic should have been made sooner.

I remember in one of the Marvel DS9 comics they they said the Klingons got their ridges from a tribble alergy.

Lioconvoy
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:19 pm

Lioconvoy wrote:More proof that this topic should have been made sooner.

I remember in one of the Marvel DS9 comics they they said the Klingons got their ridges from a tribble alergy.

Actually... Worf explains why in the DS9 episode dealing with the tribbles when one of them asks why the Klingons look nothing like Klingons.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Lioconvoy » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:44 pm

No all Worf said was "It's something we do not speak of."

In Enterprise it's eplained as the results of Klingon augmetation program.

Lioconvoy
Crisis Power Senshi

Return to Western TV/Movies/Books