Doctor Who (Possible Spoilers)

Talk about various Western Media Here.

Doctor Who (Possible Spoilers)

Postby Lioconvoy » Wed May 25, 2011 12:40 am

I don't know if there are other Doctor Who fans, but in my mind it's the greatest Sci-Fi series ever. My favorite Doctors were 2,5, and 10.

Two was interesting because of his recorder the first time I saw him was on the Five Doctors. I later saw him in the Three Doctors, and then one of his own adventures the Dominators. He was a fun guy, and I really like Jamie and Zoe.

Five was probably the first I remember seeing. I know I've seen other episodes before that when I was younger I'm sure, but the Fifth was the first I remeber seeing a full episode of. He Brocly on the lapel was humorous and he seemed there was just something about his personality I enjoyed.

Ten reminded me a lot of five, and I guess kinda of myself where sometimes he'd ramble on about things that were remotely connected with what he was doing.
Sometimes it just doesn't pay....

Expect me when you see me -Doctor Who (The first Doctor)
Lioconvoy
Crisis Power Senshi

Re: Doctor Who (Possible Spoilers)

Postby Lioconvoy » Wed May 25, 2011 1:57 pm

Dragonicsoul, long time no see.

Well Nine was as starting point for a lot of new fans. I was dissapointed Nine didn't last long, but Ten was a great coninuation. To be honest, I'm not sure how I feel about II. Some of his stories...sometimes he's okay other times he reminds me of 6 who I didn't quite like.

I got it from Barne & Noble for about $30. I had seen it oringally when it was on TV. It's okay... but somethings mess with coninuity, but I guess in a time travel show that's acceptable.

Lioconvoy
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Lioconvoy » Wed May 25, 2011 3:26 pm

Budgets can be annoying.

I know I probably could do better with my money especially since I'm unemployed, but I have a bad habbit of just spending my money anyway. I just picked up the first appearance of the Master, and the last of the third Doctor.

Lioconvoy
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Vocaloid » Thu May 26, 2011 12:17 pm

I grew up with 3 4 and 5, (...Although Tom Baker had some moments, I always thought he was a bit too arrogant as the Doctor)...and the little bit of seven I saw was good and quirky. I havent had much time to watch any of 9 thru 11, though what I have seen of Eccleson I liked. But for a bit of trivia here, when did the master fist appear and how many deaths has he had since his new body exchange plan
Know Music, Know Life
No Music, No Life
Vocaloid
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Lioconvoy » Thu May 26, 2011 6:52 pm

Er I did say I just got the Master's first appearance.

There was his first actor who was and enemy of 3. Then two actors played a decayed version that bothered 4. Then we have the body he took over and it lasted untill the movie where he became some kind of parasite. The Parasite took over a medic then died. The timelords later brought the Master back durring the Time Wars but he ran away and hid at the end of the universe. He then regenerated to Mister Saxon.

Mind you this listing is TV cannon not including the books or Radio Shows.

Lioconvoy
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby camk4evr » Fri May 27, 2011 3:14 am

I started watching Doctor Who in the late 80's with reruns of the 3rd Doctor's series. My favorites at the time were (in order of most to least liked) 3, 1 and 7. At the time i didn't care much for 5, disliked 4, and 8, didn't know much about 2 (only saw him in the serials The Three Doctors and The Five Doctors) and hated 6.

Now I rank the various Doctors from best to worse: 3, 10, 9, 1, 7, 5, 11, 2, 4, 8, and 6 (I still hate 6 who travelled with the companion I hate above all others; Peri).

The funny thing about all this is that I started watching Doctor Who because my grandmother gave me a K-9 storybook (The Beasts of Vega. I've still got it. Somewhere in my room), and it would be some time before I saw my first K-9 serial (his first one funnily enough though I wouldn't see his and 4's last serials until I bought the DVD's). I even remember wastching Doctor Who and The Silurians and The Three Doctors in black and White.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shinji: Well suppose some mysterious entities were attacking, and
Asuka:Oh please, Baka Shinji, that sounds like some cheap, pseudo-profound T.V. show. Low budget. Ambiguous ending.
-Asuka and Shinji discussing why you would build a giant robot. NGE: Shinji Ikari Raising Project Vol.6
camk4evr
Moon Senshi

Postby Lioconvoy » Fri May 27, 2011 12:57 pm

K-9 Mk I has his own show now, and the Mk IV shows up in the Sara Jane adventures.

Sadly I haven't really found much on the K-9 show.

Lioconvoy
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Lioconvoy » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:15 am

There is a reason I put Possible Spoiler in the title and that is because I wanted to talk about recent episodes, and I never know who's seen what. While I haven't seen this weeks episode...I saw someone's spoiler free journal entry at Deviant art and I was curious. My curiousity lead me to reading the Wiki article, and....River Song is Amy's daughter? WHAT THE BLOODY HECK!

I'm sorry but there are so many other things they could have done, but to have her be the child of one of the Doctor's companions who got altered by her parent boinking in the TARDIS. I'm sorry I just don't like that. No I don't like that at all.

Lioconvoy
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby camk4evr » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:57 am

Looks like I'm going to have to go to my local hobb store and tell one of the girls that work there that her guess about River was right. Too bad. I thought it would have been neat if she turned out to be the Rani.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shinji: Well suppose some mysterious entities were attacking, and
Asuka:Oh please, Baka Shinji, that sounds like some cheap, pseudo-profound T.V. show. Low budget. Ambiguous ending.
-Asuka and Shinji discussing why you would build a giant robot. NGE: Shinji Ikari Raising Project Vol.6
camk4evr
Moon Senshi

Postby Lioconvoy » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:53 pm

I think Roman was more likely than the Rani. Romana remained in E-Space with K-9 Mark 2. While in the books she eventually returned, in the Series she hasn't yet. The Rani, well I guess the Master escaped death, so it's possible, but it's less likely because really the only escape method was the one the Master used and I doubt they'd want to be to repetative.

Lioconvoy
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby spooky316 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:49 am

Lioconvoy wrote:There is a reason I put Possible Spoiler in the title and that is because I wanted to talk about recent episodes, and I never know who's seen what. While I haven't seen this weeks episode...I saw someone's spoiler free journal entry at Deviant art and I was curious. My curiousity lead me to reading the Wiki article, and....River Song is Amy's daughter? WHAT THE BLOODY HECK!

I'm sorry but there are so many other things they could have done, but to have her be the child of one of the Doctor's companions who got altered by her parent boinking in the TARDIS. I'm sorry I just don't like that. No I don't like that at all.

Thank Christ somebody else shares my opinion.
However...
in return, if I win...
you must spend a night of sinful pleasure with me as my reward
spooky316
Senshi Candidate

Postby talonhunter » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:56 am

Well there is a very real possibility they might use the branch theory of the timeline and say she is possibly Ami's kid from a alternet dimension...or one can hope...@_@
Who needs the light when the shadows are so much more...Playful

Senshi of Dione (Saturn IV)

=^*^=
Come see some of the crew here
talonhunter
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Lioconvoy » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:05 am

...Amy, not Ami. Sorry but she's no Sailor Mercury.

Well history can be re-written, but as it is, River doesn't get raised by her parents and that seems a little to dark for Doctor Who. Him going all evil on one of his enemies is one thing, but a kidnapped kid not being rescued? How can that happen in Doctor Who?

Lioconvoy
Crisis Power Senshi

Next

Return to Western TV/Movies/Books