Fighters of a New Day, discussion/idea request...

Bridging the gap between Ideas and C&C.

Post individual scenes that need doctoring, outlines, or other detail work that isn't quite ready for the C&C thread.

Fighters of a New Day, discussion/idea request...

Postby Thrythlind » Wed May 06, 2009 2:18 am

Fighters of a New Day

I have a question not about the next chapter but further on down the line...

I'm wondering how to handle the test-fight between Ryoko and Kurumi.

I know Kurumi is head and shoulders above Ryoko, but I'm curious how some of the Konoha set might react.

I figure Ryoko can't hide much of how skilled she is from the jonin, especially as she actively trains Joseibi, however, I'm guessing that most chunin and genin would be taken in by her "quiet arts" which are basically adaptations of umisenken theories to her own use.

The question comes down to...has anyone other than Kuren thought to utter the words "I challenge you to a fight" in speaking to the older Saotome sister.
Thrythlind
Senshi Candidate

Postby Musouka » Wed May 06, 2009 6:58 am

I'm thinking that in the time she and Joseibi have been in Konoha that someone might have taken a liking to her even if she isn't actively looking for someone. Probably someone who has an admirer, standard Saotome charm.
The admirer would probably say those words.
Musouka
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Thrythlind » Wed May 06, 2009 5:12 pm

hmm...I wonder who to target for that...

let's see, Rock Lee and Sakura's kid is 12 and thinks Ryoko is a joke, so he's probably out

so, couples that don't have kids listed yet:

Shikamaru and Temari
Neji and Tenten

and people not yet put into couples

Chouji
Ino
Shino
Kiba

Could be Kurenai's unspecified kid, he'd (assuming he, can't find specification) be about the right age, actually.
Thrythlind
Senshi Candidate

Postby Musouka » Wed May 06, 2009 6:52 pm

Kurenai's kid would be a bit older unless Naruto and friends started making babies when they were 15. Asuma died during Shippuden where the most of the Naruto cast are around 15. I think it would work though if you choose someone a bit older than Ryoko, maybe 5-10 years older?.

Are there going to be single parents among the Naruto cast?

Do you need to have match Ryoko with one of the Konoha nin? How about a kid from one of Naruto's friends in other places who was just visiting but decided to stay because of Ryoko? Naruto has friends in lots of high Places which would give reason to why the kid would have admirers. Candidates: child from Spring Country, Kazekage's(Gaara's) child, Wave country could become rich by this time due to the bridge. I don't all of Naruto's adventure so I don't know who else would fit.
Musouka
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Thrythlind » Wed May 06, 2009 7:11 pm

That is true...hmmm....

And you're right about Ryoko, she and Joseibi came out about the same time the other young-ones did...so Kurenai's kid would be about 4 to 5 years older

This also means that either Nodoka was REALLY young when she had Ranma, or else found some age-mushrooms somewhere...
Thrythlind
Senshi Candidate

Postby Musouka » Thu May 07, 2009 1:09 am

If she had Ranma when she was 16 she would be 31 when Ranma met Akane. Some women can give birth well past 40. She would probably be around early 50's during the latest chapter.
Musouka
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Cheb » Thu May 07, 2009 1:29 am

>either Nodoka was REALLY young when she had Ranma,
[shrugs] She *did* marry Genma, did she? That could be the case.
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby Thrythlind » Sat May 09, 2009 3:02 pm

indeed...hmmm...

I'm thinking probably Kurenai's kid...for one thing, the Uzumakis would be close to that group, what with Naruto's friendship with Shikamaru and Kurenai being Hinata's original Jonin-sensei.

That would make Ryoko having encountered the family a couple of times.

Not to mention the Saotome penchant for "go"
Thrythlind
Senshi Candidate

Postby Thrythlind » Mon May 11, 2009 1:47 am

well, I've laid the groundwork for a Kouki Yuhi/Ryoko Saotome romance (yes, I know, Kooky Yuhi...used a name site and liked this name...think it was the meaning which is apparently escaping me right now...BehindtheName.com should have it though)

as of now, it's more of a friend relationship, especially a big kid/little kid situation, but there's possibility for more developing later...

I'm also thinking of aging Yachiru (mushrooms) to give her a shot at Jiraiya
Thrythlind
Senshi Candidate

Postby Musouka » Mon May 11, 2009 4:16 am

So no third party between Ryoko and Kouki?

Did any of the captains/lieutenants have the urge to make a family? The only Soul Society people I'd like to see with family are probably Nanao and Shunsui, not necessarily with each other.
Musouka
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Thrythlind » Mon May 11, 2009 11:51 am

not as of yet on Ryoko...though in her original incarnation she was making Ranma nervous by dating Kodachi's son...

given that Kodachi in this is an official and high-ranked member of the Musabetsu Kakuto Tadashita-Ryu, I doubt Ranma would have a problem with that this time around...
Thrythlind
Senshi Candidate

Postby Thrythlind » Mon May 11, 2009 2:11 pm

on another note, how long after the most recent chapter's very public match between Ryoko and Kurumi before Might Guy and Rock Lee descend on poor Ryoko like cats on poor mices?

especially given that Kurumi currently has a 2-2-2 record against Konoha fighters (Won vs: Guy and Chouji, Draw vs: Kiba and Sakura, Lose vs: Rock and Kakashi)
Thrythlind
Senshi Candidate

Postby Musouka » Mon May 11, 2009 7:50 pm

They'd probably approach right after the match as soon as they get over the shock of seeing her in action but hold off on asking for a spar until the next day unless Tsunade orders a check up on Ryoko.
Musouka
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Thrythlind » Sat May 16, 2009 9:48 pm

I'm having more fun with the Ranma's sister's subplot than anything else, so I'm thinking I'm going to start a variation of this story...

make it just Ranma/Naruto

Set it earlier in the Naruto time-line (original series or shippuden) so that I need fewer OCs and have plot framework already to play with.
Thrythlind
Senshi Candidate

Postby Musouka » Sun May 17, 2009 8:26 am

Will the sisters be as old as the Naruto cast or will they be younger?
Musouka
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Next

Return to Outlines and Scenes