Pursuing a New Path (A Ranma x AMG Crossover)

Bridging the gap between Ideas and C&C.

Post individual scenes that need doctoring, outlines, or other detail work that isn't quite ready for the C&C thread.

Pursuing a New Path (A Ranma x AMG Crossover)

Postby ranmafan1 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:17 am

Sorry for the long delay, but here is finally a snippet for the latest chapter of "Pursuing a New Path." Previous chapters can be found here:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/849476/1/Pu ... a_New_Path

A big thank you to all readers for your patience and encouragement.

-ranmafan1

Nabiki stretched as she woke up from a surprisingly comfortable night of sleep. The middle Tendo daughter was generally not a morning person, but on this one she felt particularly refreshed. Additionally, there was also the fact that now she had some juicy pictures of the sexier Ranma-chan as well as their new houseguest, which meant more money for the Tendo girl. “Hmm…today should be a good day.”

Looking at her alarm clock, Nabiki’s eyes widened slightly. “Damn. If I don’t get to school now, I’ll be behind schedule.” The shorthaired teenager generally needed to leave earlier than Akane or Ranma so that she could contact her factors for the daily betting pools and picture sales. After quickly changing out of her pajamas, Nabiki reached under the bed and grabbed the packet taped to the bottom. Stuffing the envelope in her satchel, the middle Tendo daughter walked downstairs.

Upon her arrival in the living room, Nabiki absently noted that everyone was already present and preparing to eat breakfast. A moment later, Kasumi entered from the kitchen with her ever present smile and said, “Good morning, Nabiki. I was about to come and call for you. Breakfast is ready.”

Shaking her head in the negative, Nabiki stated, “Not today, sis. I’ll just have a piece of toast for the road.” The Queen of Debt grabbed said piece of bread (it seemed to be a Western breakfast for a change), and then commented, “I’ll be late enough as it is for all of my blackmailing schemes and there wouldn’t be enough time to sell those scandalous and potentially illegal pictures I took of Mara and Ranma.”

Not seeing the odd looks directed her way, she bit into the toast while looking at the clock to check the time and continued, “Dammit. My body used to be comparable in looks to Ranma’s female form and now she’s beyond a supermodel. And the martial arts jock calls that a curse.”

“Hey!” indignantly shouted Ranma.

Looking at the marital artist with a raised eyebrow, Nabiki observed, “What’s his problem?” She nonetheless dropped the matter, walked to the door, and put on her shoes.

“Have a good day, Nabiki.” Kasumi smiled towards her sister.

Nabiki looked back and replied, “You too, sis.” While exiting the Tendo house, everyone still overheard her next statement. “Someday I’ll find out what drugs you must be taking that makes you perpetually happy.”

There were a few moments of stunned silence following Nabiki’s proclamation. The Tendo homemaker stood there with a quizzical face for moment. “Oh my, Nabiki certainly has been talkative this morning.” Smiling serenely, Kasumi went back into the kitchen to fetch the remainder of breakfast.

The collective household blinked in unison at the strange ordeal, before shrugging off the event. Except for Mara, who was busy trying to contain her laughter.

At the Kuno mansion…

Tatewaki Kuno woke up in a fashion similar to how he acted throughout a typical day, pompously and in an exaggerated manner.

“Ah ‘tis another glorious morning. Today the dawn greets this samurai as his companion in the sure defeat of the demon Saotome!” Abruptly standing, Kuno was about to shout his declarations of love to the pictures of Ranma-chan, Akane, and Mara when he noticed the posters were blank. “What outrage is this! The wonderous murals of my loves have been stolen.” Trembling in anger, the kendoist pulled a boken from the side and pointed to the sky. “Surely this is the work of Saotome’s black arts. To invade this abode is the epitemy of…”

The Blue Thunder was about to continue his rant when he noticed the package lying next to his bed. “What’s this…Could this be a nefarious trap of that demon.” After some contemplation, the delusional swordsman gasped. “Nay, this must be a gift from one, no, all of my ensnared maidens. Knowing of the desecration of their portraits, they offered this as a token of sympathy and affirmation of their undying love for me.” A few tears were at the corners of Kuno’s eyes during his proclamation, before they instantly cleared up and he tore into the package with possessed glee.

The kendoist gasped upon looking at the contents. “S-such majesty…this quality…this design. These wonderous garments must surely have been woven by the gods themselves.” Holding the package closely to his chest, Tatewaki continued, “To receive such an honor, my path is sure. These enchanting robes will aid to shine the light of my intentions, so that I may drive away the darkness that the demon emits. I must don them this instant.” Immediately, the elder Kuno sibling began to remove his nightclothes.

Dressed in her St. Herebeke’s uniform, Kodachi Kuno was elegantly eating the breakfast served in the family dining room. With her eyes closed, she took a sip of the expensive tea that given with the meal. Savoring the aroma and taste, the gymnast contemplated her beloved. ‘Ah, Ranma-sama, do not fret. I will release you from the bonds of those harridans, including that blond, gaijin wench.’ Further contemplations were interrupted by her brother’s voice.

“Ah, my twisted sister, it seems I have the pleasure of your company this fine morning,” arrogantly proclaimed Kodachi’s brother.

The Black Rose opened her eyes and began, just as conceitedly, “It would seem so…” Her words died off at the sight before her.

“Speechless, are you not? I myself was in awe by the sight upon viewing my reflection,” explained the Blue Thunder with a smirk.

Her eye twitching, Kodachi slowly spoke, “Brother dear, what are you doing?”

With a haughty laugh, Tatewaki exclaimed, “So, you are too astonished by my magnificence, eh dear sister? Not even I can blame you. All of my past garments are too peon when compared to this appearance, do you not think so?”

“Not in particular,” slowly commented Kodachi, her eye still twitching slightly.

Taking out his boken, the Blue Thunder pointed to the sky and shouted, “Today, I shall bare the greatness of my sword to the world. Upon seeing its nobility, my loves will be so awestruck by its magnificence that they will no doubt rush into my arms.”

Kodachi demurely wiped at her mouth with a napkin and stood up. “I severely doubt they will, brother dear.”

Ignoring the comment, Tatewaki stated, “Off to school, sister?”

The younger Kuno sibling nodded, “Quite, though I am tempted to stop at the bath first since I have the sudden urge to be violently ill.”

Still distracted by himself, the kendoist absently remarked, “You do as such then. I take my leave!” The eldest sibling made an abrupt dash towards the exit of the Kuno mansion and off towards Furinken.

“It would seem that I am the only remaining Kuno who can carry the dignity of our family name. Perhaps I can have both father and brother dear institutionalized. Then I and Ranma-sama may share this manor all to ourselves,” Kodachi lazily commented.

Suddenly, she tore her school uniform off, underneath which Kodachi wore a gymnastics leotard. Pulling a ribbon out of nowhere, she twirled the instrument and then exclaimed, “Oh, Ranma-sama, how wonderous of a future that would be! Ohohohohohoho!!!” The Black Rose continued to madly laugh on her way jumping the rooftops towards St. Herebeke’s.
ranmafan1
Senshi Candidate

Postby Dumbledork » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:03 am

I'm happy, happy, happy. Nabiki's punishment is really fitting. Can't wait to see her piss of the fiancées.

However, I don't really understand what you did to Kuno. What's up with his new clothes?
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby ranmafan1 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:09 am

Dumbledork wrote:I'm happy, happy, happy. Nabiki's punishment is really fitting. Can't wait to see her piss of the fiancées.

However, I don't really understand what you did to Kuno. What's up with his new clothes?

Here's a quote from the previous chapter with Mara's curse on Kuno:

Pursuing a New Path
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/849476/1/Pu ... a_New_Path

Holding out one hand, the demoness quietly chanted, “For one who refuses to see the truth, let only your eyes see these fabrics of reality.” After the brief glow that subsequently surrounded Kuno and the box faded, Mara grinned evilly.

:twisted:

-ranmafan1
ranmafan1
Senshi Candidate

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:06 am

Dumbledork wrote:I'm happy, happy, happy. Nabiki's punishment is really fitting. Can't wait to see her piss of the fiancées.

Emperor's New Clothes.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby CJN » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:54 am

It's alive! Cheers! :D
Good stuff too, and funny punishments.
CJN
Senshi Cadet

Postby Dumbledork » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:16 pm

I have a question. In the first chapter, after Akane sent Ranma flying, he had the impression that Akane and Ryoga were smirking. Is he right? Does it become important at a later date?
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Return to Outlines and Scenes