Fate\stay night&Ranma 1\2 crossover

Bridging the gap between Ideas and C&C.

Post individual scenes that need doctoring, outlines, or other detail work that isn't quite ready for the C&C thread.

Postby Kilich » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:34 am

Here's full Day 4.

Can't say I'm happy with this chapter but meh... I'll think of improvement after I finish the fic.

Waking up in a rather pleasant mood Rider stretched before she understood that not changing wet clothes before going to sleep was a mistake and the curse activated again.

Nevertheless, something from her dream, even though it was forgotten, kept tonight’s events from completely spoiling her morning.

Stretching again, she debated over should she change back or train more, soon her side that strived to become the best fighter won and she went to the training hall. Maybe this time she’ll get Saber to train with her.

Shiro woke up and saw that Sakura still cuddled him. He raised his hand and brushed her hair from her face, thinking what to do now.

He carefully removed her hands from himself and quietly stood up.
Dressing up, he thought. ‘I have to sort out my feelings. But first I need to know more about Saber.’

He walked out so deep in thought about his plans for this day that he didn’t notice Rider and bumped into her. The impact, even softened by her figure, pulled him out the dreamland and he saw… no felt her burning gaze and stepped back.
“Can you at least warn me if you’re going to do again what you did tonight?” she asked and with a poke to his chest, she added in a much darker voice that promised doom if disagreed with.
“And if you’ll want to do that to me, I’ll kill you.”

Finishing what she wanted to say, she walked past Shiro who was trying to understand what got her so riled up. His face slightly reddened when he understood.
‘Oh, so she felt everything through the Mana link. No wonder.’
His blush turned crimson when he turned his head to watch Rider elegant movements and images of Rider or Saber in a bed with him appeared in his head.

Shiro walked towards the training hall, the usual place for Saber to be, in hopes of asking her out for a walk so he could understand Saber more and if it was possible…

When he walked past Rin’s room, the door opened slightly and Rin’s sleepy voice asked.
“Shiro, when is the breakfast going to be ready?”

‘Ahh. That’s right. Sakura is still sleeping.’
“I’m just starting to prepare it.” He answered and decided to postpone his plans until after the breakfast was ready.

Once he arrived to the kitchen, he opened the fridge and frowned when he noticed that the food that should’ve lasted for a week, would be gone by tomorrow.
‘It’s a good thing that Rin is helping me with money.’ he thought starting to cook.

“Ah, Sakura. This smells delicious!” exclaimed Taiga looking over the food with hungry eyes.
“It wasn’t me. Shiro made everything because I overslept.” answered the girl, her cheeks reddening far more then a usual praise could achieve.
Taiga noticed that slight change of behavior and looked at Shiro, who was concentrating on eating, and then Rider who also had, ever so slight, blush.
“My boy!” she happily exclaimed, hugging Shiro with bone crushing force and her eyes started to tear up. Mere seconds passed before those tears have grown in a full-blown wail.
“Now even Shiro has the one he loves. Why can’t I find that special someone myself!?”

“Fuji-nee! Stop it!” panicked the boy, noticing Rin’s choking and coughing hard.

The breakfast was cut short as only Servants had any appetite left, but no food was wasted, that’s for sure.

“Saber, I wanted to ask you,” said Shiro, when he trained his swordsmanship with Saber.
“Is it true that you can also get Mana by killing people?” He wanted to know because the thought about Saber killing innocent people, using their lives as some kind of food, was deeply disturbing him.

Saber disengaged and looked intently at Shiro before answering.
“Yes, I, as a Servant, can use humans to refill my Mana supply. But attacking defenseless is against my code of honor. “
“But I’m sorry Master. If you wish for me to replenish my Mana this way, you can command me to and I will, but I’ll take away one of you seals as a payment for going against my will.”
With that Saber put her training weapon away and walked out.

Shiro put away his sword as well and said before she reached the door.
“No, I’m sorry for making you think that I can give such order.”
Saber stopped when she heard his answer, but a second later she walked outside.

Looking at her, as she walked away, Shiro thought.
‘Saber is not cold-hearted killer. I’m glad that I was right.’

When Saber went out of his sight, he decided to go one his schoolmates that asked him to came over and repair his computer before tomorrow.

But as soon as he walked out, he met with Rider who had that insufferable smile of hers. A smile that meant that until Sakura prepares mid-day lunch he would stay in the training hall, learning martial arts from her.

When a punch that, as Shiro thought would miss his side, turned into a series of painful strikes and what was worse, all of them were done with one finger, he stepped away on suddenly wobbly legs and decided to talk with her while he recovered.

“Rider, what Sakura wants to do once she reaches Grail Why she became a Master?” he asked panting from training at such pace for over an hour.

Purple haired Servant walked to him and started to press certain points on his body, pressure points as he understood. When she leaned to reach his legs, he turned his eyes away before he could saw more of her figure than he should’ve had.

While she used her knowledge to bring him back to shape that would be sufficient for training, she answered.
“Sakura doesn’t want the Grail, I do. As to why she became a Master… Her grandfather ordered her to. Bastard.“
“So Servants fight for the Grail? And Saber too?” asked Shiro, surprised by this revelation.
He didn’t put much thought to figuring out why Saber fought for, but he wasn’t expecting to hear that.

“Well, yeah. Saber definitely wants it, but so do I. She even won’t spar with me because she’s afraid that I learn her moves.”
Rider finally tapped the last point and Shiro felt some of his strength return to him.

“Now, where were we?” she grinned and backed away, so Shiro could try the attacks she showed him earlier on her.

“Dinner’s ready.” said Sakura opening the door to the training hall and saw Shiro on floor, breathing heavily and her Servant who trained alone.
“Sempai, do you need my help?” asked the plum haired girl, blushing as she looked at Shiro heaving chest and remembered their night together.

“No, I fine Sakura. If I won’t learn to how to fight soon, I’ll be of no help in a battle.” said the boy, standing up and wiping his sweat before going outside.
“Don’t take too long refreshing yourself. Pressure points will wear off in a half an hour and you’ll have to eat a lot to keep up.”

“Half an hour?! What am I going to do after?” he asked slightly shocked at how harsh Rider’s training was. First she squeezed every ounce of strength out of him and then she said that he has a half an hour to eat if he wanted to feel better then a sack of potatoes for the rest of the day.

Looking at the Rider’s back as she went to the living room, Shiro didn’t notice Tosaka walking to him.
“You are going to train with me, Emiya, that what. You are a magi, you have to learn how to use your magic.” said Rin in a harsh voice, but when she saw how tired he was, her voice softened somewhat.
“It won’t be hard. You’ll just have to reinforce at least one of the lamps I found in your shack.”

After the meal, Shiro went after Rin, feeling that those pressure points started to wear off and he wanted to sit before he fell on the floor and suffered Tosaka’s anger.

Rin, opened the door to the store room and switched on the lights, revealing dozens of gas lamps on the floor.
“Here. And you’re not getting out of here until you succeed.“ said Rin and closed the door.

“Now, to talk with Rider. Honestly, how could Sakura mess her summoning up so badly?”
Sighed Rin as she went to training hall, where Sakura’s Servant usually spent her time.

‘Is she eating again? ‘Thought Rin, when she opened the door to the training hall and saw no-one. ‘I wonder why she is eating so much. Is it one of the traits she was famous for?’

When Rin came to kitchen she saw only Sakura there. The girl quickly turned to face her but saw it wasn’t Shiro as she hoped and turned back to her cooking, disappointed.

“Sakura, where’s Rider?”
“In our room.” answered the girl, in a voice that was colder then usual.

Sighing at Sakura’s display of jealousy, Rin went to the room and there, she saw something she didn’t expected, given what she learned of Rider’s character.
The purple haired Servant half sat on her bed and read one of the books that were scattered all over her bed.

“Yeah?” Rider stopped reading and turned to the newcomer questioningly.

“I wanted to know what you remember about your life before you were summoned here.” Asked Rin, Rider’s yesterday’s questions about things that every Servant should know despite how bad summoning was done, making her suspect that Rider memory was more than messed up.

Rider looked at her puzzled and answered.
“Didn’t I tell you that before? I remember my life, before I got cursed at those damn springs and then summoned here, very well.”
“I didn’t ask about your other form legend. I meant your life before you became a heroic spirit.”

The Servant before her frowned and showed what book she was reading.
‘Architecture of Ancient Greece?!’

“If ya are asking about this form’s memories, then I only remember a few dreams about a temple that looked like the ones me and Pops saw in Greece. But it looked almost new and had a strange looking city around it. So, I figured that if I find the temple that looks close then I’ll find out who was the girl I’m turning into.”

‘She doesn’t even remembers what are her Noble Phantasms are?!’ she thought feeling as cold dread started to creep inside of her being when she understood the amount of damage that Rider’s memory sustained.

“Any luck with your search?”

Rider looked at the book she was holding and frowned again.
“No. I found something about a temple that looks close, but it says that it was one of Athena’s temples and I’m sure that I’m not Athena.”

“Trace: on”
Shiro concentrated and started his spell. He felt one of his magic circuits activate and energy flowed through his hand.

“Ahh, damn!” he cursed when the lamp he was trying to reinforce broke apart and he climbed on his feet to go to next row of lamps, leaving the broken fourth one behind.

When the last lamp shattered, Shiro was in less then pleasant mood.

‘Why am I failing every time? My spell does work.’ He thought as he remembered when Rider ended Fuji-nee complaints that she steals all of her favorite food with a suggestion to fight over it with chopsticks. When they were down to last sets, Rider gave him her *weapon* to reinforce. He took them, closed his eyes and after he casted his spell, they never broke.
‘And Caster said that I have a talent. What am I doing wrong?’

Shiro was ready to stop the training for now and do it after he talked with Rin, but suddenly he remembered Rider’s talk about high-end martial techniques she met. Particularly, the hidden weapons style where user made an item disappear and then reappear at will.

He tried to will Rule Breaker to appear in his hand, but stopped himself.
‘I’m a magician, not a martial artist. I’ll never be good enough to pull it this way. But how can I use reinforcement to create something?’

Unfortunately for Shiro, this line of thought was interrupted by Saber.
“Shiro, dinner is ready. “

“Thank you, Saber.” smiled Shiro, climbing to his feet and following her to the living room.

“Where are going tonight Rin?” asked Shiro, when they were finishing their meal.

Tōsaka sighed. “I thought about attacking Ilya, but now I’m not so sure. And I don’t know who other Masters could be. Though, if Kotomine wasn’t a mediator in this War, I would’ve suspected him since one of his arms is bandaged but doesn’t move as damaged.”
“In short, tonight we’ll patrol the city and hope that our Servants would feel the enemy.”

Don't know if I should post the next one, because it's mostly a fight scene you saw earlier.
Last edited by Kilich on Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kilich
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:38 pm

Nice information. Does the original Rider (from the original Fate Stay night manga) also have memory problems or is it just Ranma?
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Kilich » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:16 pm

I never read the manga but I think that only in Fate\stay night Archer forgot his true identity and remembered it only minutes before his death. Other Servants had no memory problems.

Ranma doesn't have a memory problem, he remembers his life quite clearly. But since everyone thinks that he's a Servant, they think that he has memory problems because he doesn't remember Medusa's life.

He'll remember most of it in a few days because without them he might not be able to handle the fights.
Kilich
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Jomasten » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:50 am

No, I think Rider in Nasu-canon perfectly remembers her memories, she probably just chose not to mention them, in fear of her weakness being exposed.
In some respects, this is probably the same with Ran-Rider; if she can't remember his/her memories as Medusa, then he/she's most likely not to reveal any weaknesses in her fighting capabilities, or what she knows from memory. It's just that everyone else assumes she's like Archer, in that she just forgot about it.
Hmm, would Ranma's research about who she might be as a Servant make her turn to like reading?
[SILENCE! You are distracting my concentration to distract myself.]

[Otherwise, I will distract you enough that you can concentrate on distracting yourself!]
Jomasten
Senshi Cadet

Postby Kilich » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:36 am

Here's Day 5.

If you saw the battle scene I posted earlier, then you can skip most of the chapter. I didn't change it. If you have any opinions and commentaries, I'll glad to see them.

Ranma slowly left the dreamland, his senses telling him that it was safe enough to take his time, waking from the dream where he was with two women that looked a lot like his girl form.

‘Some sisters. They treated me even worse then Pops did.’ He thought as he remembered their relentless teasing and stopped when he caught himself.
‘Sisters? But I don’t have any!’
‘Damn, this curse is messing with mind again.’ He thought when he opened his eyes and saw his gloved hands hugging Sakura who snuggled as close as possible.
‘I don’t even feel the difference between my forms now; it’s almost as if I was born that way.’ Rider thought with displeasure, carefully removing her hands and moving away from the girl, her long hair trailing behind.

Ranma stopped when Sakura turned in her sleep and revealed her face.
‘Man, what happened yesterday that made her cry again? And more importantly why am I in cursed form? I don’t remember splashing myself.’ she thought slightly worried and decided to wake the girl.

“Sakura. C’mon, wake up.” She said, lightly shaking the girl, but she only slightly smiled in her sleep and tried to pull the older girl closer.
‘What the hell happened to her? She’s holding me like I was holding the cliff when Pops trained me how to climb it and I almost fell down.’

Deciding to use harsher methods, Rider poked the pressure points on other girl‘s body, immediately waking her up.

“Rider? Good morning. I’m sorry I splashed you yesterday, I just wanted to be near you.”

“Why?” asked Ranma, slightly puzzled by her tone but she felt too relieved to think more about it. She did change because of cold water and not because the curse self-activated as she first thought!

Sakura rose from the bed and went to change to her day clothes, causing her Servant to turn around and slightly blush.

When she finished, the younger girl answered with slight hesitation as if she tried to veil her thoughts from showing in her voice.
“After Shiro fell asleep I thought that you might feel lonely and came to you.”

“Right…” Ranma felt that she should ask more, but decided that delicious smell that came from the kitchen was more important then pursuing some vague notions.

At the breakfast, when Shiro helped Sakura with bringing food and Taiga called away Saber for a minute to talk about something, Ranma asked Rin who sat near at the opposite side of the table.
“What happened to Sakura yesterday? She had me worried in the morning.”

Rin looked at the Servant and answered.
“After we returned I said to Sakura that in the end of this war she’ll have to either void her contract with you, or hurt Shiro, because, most likely, he’ll not be willing to cancel his contract with Saber.”

Rin paused when the door opened and Shiro and Rider’s Master walked in with trays full of food, but continued when everybody took their places.
“What do you think about it yourself, Rider?”
Ranma waved that question off before she started to empty her dish.
“I’ll think about it when I’ll have to.”

After the meal, Masters went to school, followed by incorporeal Archer and Rider, who was having fun practicing her stalking skills. Saber stayed at home because Shiro didn’t want her to come to school with him and she could neither disappear, nor she was skilled at stealth.

After the long uneventful day, when they were returning from school, Shiro separated from the girls because he had to go to the hospital to visit Ayako.
He found her yesterday, in one of the alleys where she laid unconscious, while he and Saber looked for other Masters and immediately carried her to the nearest hospital.
Now he wanted to check on her and ask if she remembered anything that could lead him to whereabouts of other Masters.

Several hours later, when Shiro walked home, he decided to sit in the park and buy himself something to eat. A little peace and quiet, even a short one, sounded nice as well, because when he arrived to Ayako, he met a policeman that searched for the girl and didn’t let him go until he heard in detail about how, when and why Shiro found the girl and carried her to the hospital.

“Good evening, Shiro.” said frighteningly familiar and cheerful voice, interrupting the silence that seemed to permeate the evening air.
Shiro recoiled as if he wanted to run but saw that Ilya was without her Berserker and calmed a little.
“Hello, Ilya.”
“What are you doing here all alone, onii-chan? Its dangerous.” asked Ilya, walking closer and slightly leaning so she could look into his eyes.
“You are here to kill me?”
“No. I don’t want to kill you.” answered Ilya and her eyes suddenly became red.
“Oh, you are caught already.” pouted the girl, seeing Shiro body freeze as soon as she used a paralyze spell.
“You’re so defenseless, Shiro. It’s even cute.” said Ilya when his eyes started to close.
“Good night, onii-chan.”

“Shiro.” Saber looked up from her meditative pose she usually spent her time in and rose to her feet.

“Rin, Shiro is in trouble. Most likely he’s captured by an enemy.” She said when she found Archer’s Master in the yard.
The sorcerer turned around to her. “Archer ran away somewhere on his own. And I don’t want to use my second Command Seal to summon him yet.”
Rin turned back to where she was facing before and asked, pointing forward. “Tell me Saber, is this where Shiro was taken to?”
Saber checked in which direction her link with Shiro went to, and nodded.
“Yes, it appears that Shiro was taken in that direction.”
“If Archer went to help Shiro, then maybe we can defeat even Berserker.”

Shiro was in the dreamland. It was only explanation why he was near a hill that was half surrounded by an army of medieval knights that were shouting praise to their king.
“Long live the king!”
“He never ages!”
“He is an incarnation of a dragon!”
“He never showed fear since he took up his sword!”

‘King?’
He looked up the hill and saw Saber stand on the very top with both of her hands on a vaguely familiar sword.
‘Saber?’
‘That sword. I saw it somewhere else, but where?”

Soon the dream ended and he found himself tied to a chair in a unknown room.
“Onii-chan, you are awake.” said Ilya suddenly appearing before him.
“Where am I?”
“You are in my room. Be thankful for that Shiro, usually captives go to prison in the cellar.”
Ilya walked to him and sat on his knees before saying.
“Become my servant Shiro. Then I won’t have to kill you.”
“What?! No, I can’t be your servant.”
“But when I kill Saber you won’t have to be Master anymore. I’ll protect you forever.” said Ilya, hugging Shiro.
“No! I won’t let you hurt Saber!”
“Shiro, you should remember that I hold your life in my hands.” said Ilya silencing his outburst.
“You’re special to me but if you betray me, I’ll kill you as well.”
“I can’t become your servant Ilya, I’m a Master.”

Ilya got down from his knees and said while she walked out.
“Then stay here, Shiro. I’ll kill all other Masters and Saber. Maybe then you’ll regret your decision.”

When the door closed, Shiro immediately tried to break free, but the remains of Ilya’s spell still hindered his movements.
“I’ll have to clean her spell out of me.”
He concentrated and felt one of his spell circuits activate, forming the spell.
“It forms much faster than usual. Must be the jewel Rin made me swallow when we first met.”

“Just a bit more. Yes!” exclaimed Shiro, pulling his hands out of the ropes.
He sneaked towards the door and was about to open it when the window behind him shattered and a familiar figure jumped into the room.
“Archer?! What are you doing here?”
Archer smirked and created two falchions in his hands. One sword was black, while its twin brother was white.
“I came to kill you Emiya Shiro.”
“What!? Didn’t Rin said that we have a truce!?” yelled Shiro, not believing that Tōsaka could betray him.
“I came here on my own will.” answered Archer, crossing the swords in front of his chest.
“My True name is Emiya Shiro. World’s Counter Guardian. A man who betrays the beliefs he swore not to break every time he kills a hundred to save a thousand, a thousand to save a million.”
Archer glared at the redheaded boy, intently, and added.
“That’s why you have to die. I will remove myself from the history!”
With his last words, Archer leaped at the boy, his swords prepared for an overhead swing.

Shiro desperately thought about defense and suddenly, he remembered Caster’s words.
‘With your talent you’ll be able to recreate my Rule Breaker when you’ll need it.’
Bringing his hand to a position to block Archer’s attack, he tried to create the dagger in his hand.

A falchion met with Rule Breaker and shattered and its twin missed when the force of the first blow threw the boy through the door and into the wall.

Coughing, Shiro stood upright and pointed the weapon at his opponent.
“I don’t believe you! I would never betray my beliefs!”
Archer cursed in disgust at the speech of his younger self and leaped forward before Shiro could react and jump back. The dagger pierced Archer’s shoulder with a flash of light and the Servant took a step back.
“Now that you have removed my contract with Rin, I have more then enough time to kill you. In the end there’s nothing you can do to save yourself, Shiro.” he said creating another pair of swords.

‘This is bad. I can’t fight him with only a dagger, I need a stronger weapon.’ thought Shiro gripping Rule Breaker and searching for a stronger weapon. However, Archer didn’t gave him enough time and attacked, one of his swords meeting the dagger while the other one cut deeply in the Shiro’s arm. Fortunately, this time he didn’t flew into the wall but along the corridor and upon landing he, as quickly as he could, stood up and ran toward the exit.

He ran into the big hall and noting the stairs, he ran down, hoping to reach the door but already hearing the whistle of Archer’s twin falchions that flew to him.

Suddenly, Ilya voice cut through his ragged breathing.
“Berserker!”
Instantly the giant jumped down and with one swing deflected the flying swords, his landing shaking the floor enough to throw the boy to the ground.
“Nobody will kill him but me!” said Ilya in an angry voice and yelled.
“Berserker, tear that Servant apart!”

Her Servant roared and charged Archer who dodged his swing, but even the air pressure waves from the giant’s weapon proved sufficient for a deep cut to appear on his shoulder.
Using his swords, he tried to block the next, fatal, attack but was overpowered and thrown in to the wall.

“Heh. You live up to your reputation, Hercules.” smirked Archer and leaped to the second floor.

“I’m the bone of my sword.” started his incantation Archer.
Bow and an unusual looking sword appeared in his hands, the swords reshaping itself to an arrow of light when he prepared to fire.

He released his arrow towards the boy that was in the middle of the hall, but with surprising agility Berserker intercepted it.
The impact created an astonishing explosion that sent a pillar of energy through the ceiling.

“Berserker had to block? Who is he?” murmured Ilya when the dust and debris settled down and both the Giant and the redheaded boy looked unharmed.
“Berserker, kill him quickly before he kills you!”

Archer once again created a pair of swords in his hands looking defiantly at Hercules.
“Steel is my body. And fire is my blood.”

“Oh, man. Something bad is happening there.” said Rider in a worried voice when a column of light tore upwards out of the castle they were heading to.

“Archer is dead. I hope that Shiro will survive.” said Rin and worriedly looked at Saber, who was carrying her.
“It would’ve been easier if I didn’t have to carry you along.” grumbled the other Servant, looking down at the plum haired girl with two red seals adorning one of her hands.

A few jumps and ten seconds later they knocked down the door and half destroyed hall appeared before them. In there, fought Berserker and …
“Archer! What are you doing!?” yelled Rin, guessing that since he was alive then somehow the contract between was broken.
“Rin! Archer wants to kill me.”

“Rin, get Sakura out of here! I’ll get Shiro.” said Ranma materializing her chain.
When the girl nodded and pulled the other girl back, she jumped in and sent her weapon towards the boy. When it tied itself around him, she pulled but Berserker suddenly turned around, slashed the chain apart and charged at her.
‘This is bad.’ appeared the thought, before her reflexes acted and she jumped high in the air simultaneously reforming her chain.

Archer took his chance to attack and would’ve killed his target if it wasn’t for Saber who blocked his swords and forced her enemy to jump back.
“Shiro, run!”
Looking at his enemy, Archer smiled a sad smile and continued his incantation.
“Unknown to death, nor known to life.”

‘Heh. Stupid brute.’ thought Ranma, jumping from one wall to another in a path that’ll carry her over her target and as soon as she saw Berserker’s back she attacked. Her spikes dressed into a purple light and spinning madly, shot out of her hands with a speed that rivaled a low-speed bullet.
The giant roared when two more bloody holes appeared in his back and tried to grab the chain but Rider, clinging to a wall far out of his reach already retracted them and prepared to attack again.

“Berserker! Kill them all now!” yelled Ilya, now angry beyond belief. Her entire body covered in arcane symbols representing magic circuits and her Servant roared and smashed his fist into the floor. That simple rage-driven move carried enough power to shake the building and even cause his purple haired enemy to lose her hold on the wall.

Ranma’s eyes widened when Hercules, moving with lightning speed, jumped to her and his weapon swung to cleave her in half.
Using the axe-club as leverage, she pulled herself out the gap between the weapon and the wall, a moment before it closed with thunderous crash but was unable to disengage because Berserker grabbed her with his free hand and squeezing her hard, threw her into another wall.

‘Well, if odds are not in my favor, I just need to turn them around.’ thought Rider, trying to keep her consciousness when her body slid out of the crater she just created.

Shaking her head free of the fog and rising to her knees, she looked at the approaching giant and leaped away.

Bouncing off every surface she could use to escape her pursuer even with her slowed movements she made her way towards Saber.
“Let him take care of Archer!” she yelled and abruptly jumped aside, setting Berserker and Archer on a collision course.

Understanding the plan, Saber forgot about her opponent, who barely jumped out of harm’s way, and taking Shiro’s hand, she dashed towards the exit.

Unfortunately for two Servants and Shiro, Archer managed to finish his incantation before they were out of his Noble Phantasm’s reach.
“So as I pray. Unlimited Blade Works”

With those words, everyone seemed to freeze in motion as light erupted from under his legs and a ring of fire expanded from him, changing the stone floor to a brown ground as it ran along it.
As soon as the fire ring reached the ceiling and closed above Archer’s head, everyone found themselves in a barren land with a lot of swords sticking out of the brown soil. The sky was covered by dark clouds, giving enough light and giant gears were seen far away, as if they limited this strange place.

“What… A Reality Marble?” said Ilya as she looked around. “Where is he, Berserker?”

“A Reality Marble?” repeated Rider and looked at Shiro, who only clutched his bleeding arm harder and shook his head.

“I’m here.” said Archer’s calm voice.
When everyone turned around, they saw his bloodied figure standing proudly with smirk on his face.
“As you can see, you are facing an unlimited amount of swords. The finest of swords. Even though my defeat is certain, I’ll take you with me.”
With those words, Archer pulled the sword nearby out of the ground and charged.

“Berserker!” cried Ilya and the giant intercepted the red and black clad Servant.

When Hercules who seemed invincible in their previous fights, roared and fell to his knees with several swords protruding from his body, Ranma felt that Archer might succeed in killing them all here.

“Hey, what the hell?! This guy was dead!” she yelled when Berserker stood up, all of his injuries disappearing and with a leap he intercepted Archer before he could get close to Shiro.

“The strongest of Servants.” smirked Archer and changed his tactics. Now, whenever he found an opportunity and those happened quite often, he threw nearby swords at two Servants that protected Shiro.

“Ouch. What are these swords are from? They pack more punch than a boulder.” hissed Rider when she deflected a sword thrown by Archer and felt the recoil painfully echo in her body.

“Stand aside.” commanded Saber and a strong wind that was coiled around her sword, concealing it, was released and made sure that none of Archer’s projectiles could hit them.

A few minutes later, Archer stopped his assault and jumped away from the Berserker.
“Emiya Shiro.” his voice easily cut through other sounds, even the roar of Saber’s *Invisible Air*.
“Get this straight. You are not a fighter, you are a creator. There’s only one thing you can do, master that one thing.”
Archer’s body started to disappear, turning into sparks, but he continued.
“Always remember. If you can’t defeat your enemies with what you have, imagine what you need and then your only enemy will be you own image.”

When Archer stopped, the world around them changed back in the badly damaged hall they were in before.

“I can’t believe he killed Berserker two times. I can’t believe.” murmured Ilya, irritated, and turned to Shiro.
“Now, onii-chan. I’ll kill those Servants.”

The redheaded boy climbed to his knees, still weak from the loss of blood, and asked.
”Stop this Ilya. I don’t want to fight you.”

Ilya answered in her usual manner.
“No, onii-chan. I’m a Master and while I have Berserker I must kill other Masters.”

“Then… I will kill Berserker.” said Shiro, standing up with Rider’s help, who looked far worse than he did.
Hearing Shiro’s words, Saber stepped in front of them and raised her sword.

“Berserker! Kill them all!”

As the giant flew towards them, Saber’s sword, now fully revealed, started it descent. “Excalibur!” she cried out and a river of crackling yellow energy shot towards the Berserker and engulfing him passed further, creating another huge hole in the castle’s roof.

When the light subsided, only a cloud of sparks showed the place where Berserker stood, seconds ago.
Saber smiled faintly and would’ve fallen on the ground if it wasn’t for Shiro, who ran to her held close, hoping that she won’t disappear as her armor and sword just did. He didn’t notice when his strength ran out and he fell unconscious as well.

“Berserker!” whispered Ilya staring at her hand, where her Command Seals were, her heart filling with sorrow.

“Now, where’s Sakura and Rin?” asked Ranma looking around.
“Even if I look okay, I had a way too rough night to be able to carry them both all by myself” she said when she spotted her target, a small abandoned shack, and walked to it, feeling every bruise that brute left on her body.

Next day will be more of recovery day, but soon a mysterious Servant will suddenly appear and Sakura and Ilya vanish.
Kilich
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:05 pm

WOW, this was great. Will Ranma end up getting all of Rider's memories and skills in the end? And how strong is Rider compared to the others in the original series?

Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Kilich » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:19 pm

Will Ranma end up getting all of Rider's memories and skills in the end?

I don't know yet about all of the memories, but enough of them to use Noble Phantasms. And skills, well, he already knows them but uses them mostly on reflex.

And how strong is Rider compared to the others in the original series?

As I remember from Wiki, Rider is one of the stronger Servants.

(She was born as a goddess and even when she turned into a monster and lost almost all of her divine essence, she was very powerful.)
Kilich
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Muramasa » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:23 pm

As I remember from Wiki, Rider is one of the stronger Servants.

(She was born as a goddess and even when she turned into a monster and lost almost all of her divine essence, she was very powerful.)

To be honest, in comparison to all the other Servants in the 5th Holy Grail War, I don't think Rider was all that powerful.

Without spoiling anything, there are some pretty potent legends under the other servants belts which IMO just blows Riders away. At best she's mid-tier.

Saber would obliterate Rider if she had a half decent master that didn't botch her summon up :wink: .

Beserker is normally near unstoppable and there isn't much in Rider's inventory that can say otherwise.

Lancer is designed for one on one fights.

Archer is about on par with Rider. Physically capable (but weaker then most servants). Projection makes up for most of his short comings. His broken phantasms and UBW make him outright deadly.

From what I can tell, Caster starts off the weakest but if left unchecked can dominate the war.

Assassin and True Assassin are arguably the weakest servants in the war.

And of course there's Gilgamesh...
Muramasa
Senshi Cadet

Postby Kilich » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:03 am

If Rider used her Mystic Eyes or blindfold, it would be easier to fights other Servants but...

Anyway, do you like the story and the direction it goes so far?
Kilich
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:36 am

I like the story so far. And it's perfect that Rider isn't the strongest. Ranma loves challenges and I gues that if he/she managesto perfectly blend Rider/s skill and Anything Goes into one art he could become the strongest. Challenges make stories more interesting.

Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Kilich » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:06 pm

Here's Day 6.

Dawn came, but neither of Emiya household residents had any sleep. In fact they still slowly walked home.

“I’m very sorry to be such a burden Shiro.” whispered Saber to her Master who supported her with his good hand and felt his embrace slightly tighten when he tiredly answered.
“You’re not a burden Saber. It is I who should be sorry for being a bad Master.”

Ranma who was walking with Sakura felt a slight shiver as the girl glared at Saber after hearing her Sempai’s words and shivered even more when she felt Sakura’s feelings through their link.
The plum haired girl obviously was torn apart between helping Shiro and not helping Saber, something she would be surely asked to do by Shiro if she offered her help.

‘Man, this sucks. If the damage I took carries over to my guy form, and with my luck it surely does, then I’ll be dead as doornail because of almost crushed ribs.’
So I can’t even change now. I wonder what’s next.’ She thought unhappy thoughts as she inspected the state she was in, much further then a brief mid-combat scan.
‘Ahh, damn. I just had to ask!’ she cursed mentally when her next step was less careful and her chest reminded her of damage done to it with a brief pain.

“Finally! Took us long enough.” said Rin, eager to rest after she restored some of the Shiro’s strength because Sakura was very convincing that he should healed as fast as possible.

“I think we better skip the school today.” said Rin and continued when they walked inside.
“Shiro, you and Saber better get some sleep. I’ll rest as well.”

Sakura nodded, glaring at Saber who was almost carried by Shiro to his room because it was closer then Saber’s.

“I’ll prepare the breakfast and something for Sempai to restore his strength.”

“Ahh. Food!” happily sighed Rider when she went with Sakura to the kitchen, not to help with cooking of course, but to get a heap of products from the fridge and start to demolish them.

Sakura glanced at her Servant’s actions for a minute before she put away the knife that she cut vegetables with, and asked.
“Can you help with cooking?“
“Cooking? But I only how to make a few things over a campfire.” said Rider, pausing.
“Well, you can help me chop the vegetables. It’s not very… hard.”
Sakura trailed off, when Rider walked to her and, smirking, took the knife and briefly turned it into a transparent metal disk.

“Okay. I don’t like to be a freeloader anyway.”

“Ah, Rider-san. I didn’t wash all of them yet.” Sweatdropped Sakura, when her Servant threw all of the vegetables into the air and neatly sliced them as they fell through the flashing blur that Rider turned her knife into.

“Ehh…Sorry about this.” sheepishly answered the older girl, putting the knife down, next to small accurate heaps of cut vegetables.

Almost as soon as he closed his eyes, Shiro found himself in the dreamland.
He saw a green grass plain with a rock that had a familiar sword in it and two people.
One was a tall man in dark cloak and the other one, dressed in simple pants and shirt, was…

“Saber?”

“Arturia, you must think it over again very carefully. Once you touch the sword, you will no longer be human and you’ll become King of Britain.” said the cloaked man, when Saber’s hand almost touched the sword’s hilt.

“Yes, I know. I’m ready.” Answered the girl and pulled the weapon out of the rock.

Shiro slowly woke up.
“A dream? Or did I saw Saber’s past?”
His thoughts were interrupted when he felt somebody stir near him.

“Good morning, onii-chan!” cheerfully cried out Illyasviel von Einzbern and hugged the boy.
“Ilya?! What are you doing here?” he asked, rather startled, when he saw someone he least expected to see today.

The girl slightly pouted and loosening her hug, said.
“I lost my Servant, so I decided to live here with you. You don’t want me here?”
“Ahh…No, that’s not it.”
“Thank you, onii-chan, you’re so kind!” said Ilya and hugged him in joy again.

“Shiro, you’re awake already? There’s no rush, we already defeated the strongest Servant.” said Rin, who leisurely sat in the living room, as she battled her sleepiness with a cup of hot tea and waited for breakfast to arrive.

“Breakfast is ready Sempai.” said Sakura and walked out the kitchen with a big dish in her hands. Rider followed her with two trays that held the food for other people.

“Thank you Sakura.” thanked her Shiro and wanted to taste what she brought him, but suddenly heard Ilya’s voice.
“Oh, breakfast. Thank you for waiting for me onii-chan?”

“Ilya?!” asked surprised Rin.
“What is she doing here, Sempai? Her Servant almost killed you twice!” Sakura continued Rin’s thoughts.
“Onii-chan said I can stay. He’s the greatest.” Ilya joyfully answered and hugged Shiro, causing Sakura’s brow to twitch in anger.

“Sempai!” Sakura said with anger carefully hidden in her voice and turned to Rider for support.

Ranma felt the girl’s intense glare and raising her eyes from her plate, she said.
“Well, that giant is dead. So I guess she’s harmless… Ehh.” she half-saw and half felt that what she said was definitely not what Sakura wanted and stopped.

“She’s still a Master, so it’s possible for her to make a contract with a Servant that lost his Master.” said Rin, looking at their new guest.

“No, I will not make another contract. Berserker is the only Servant for me.” sighed Ilya as she took her place and started to eat.

“But…”

“I think there’s no harm if we let her stay then, we did wreck her home after all.” said Rin, causing Sakura’s brow to twitch again, undoubtedly from the amount of love for her sister.

“Where’s Saber? It’s not like her to skip breakfast.” asked Rider, when the breakfast was finished and Taiga left for school.
“She put almost everything she had in that Noble Phantasm. And since Shiro can’t supply her with Mana, she might disappear soon.” answered Rin, looking at Shiro who looked rather gloomy.

“Onii-chan, you can save Saber if you order her to attack humans. It’s the best way to restore her power unless you decide to be foolish as usual and give her one of your magic circuits.”

Shiro jerked upright and looked at Rin. The girl sighed and answered with a dejected look since she already knew what he was thinking.
“Yes, I can transplant some of your circuits into Saber with a ritual and you’ll be able to give her Mana. But it’ll make you an even more useless mage, so I don’t think it should be done.”

“No, I agree. I’ll never order Saber to attack humans and don’t want her to die.” said Shiro with determination in his eyes.

Soon they went to Shiro’s room and saw that Saber was still sleeping. Rin walked to the blonde girl and briefly turning to Sakura, said.
“Sakura, Rider. I must ask you not to interfere with the ritual or it will hurt Shiro. And you don’t want that, do you?”

“Yeah, sure.” answered Rider, but Sakura broke her silence only when Rin said a short incantation and kissed Shiro while unbuttoning his shirt.
“Rin?! Please stop!”
Tōsaka stepped away from the dazed boy and walking to Saber, answered.
“It’s a part of the ritual. They must be in as close contact as possible.”

Saber repeated Sakura’s words when Rin half-unbuttoned her shirt as well and kissed the girl.

“Now, come here Shiro. You need to lie on top of her.”

“Come Rider. I can’t stand to see this anymore.” said red-faced Sakura and quickly walked out of the room with waves of anger threatening to overcome other feelings when she saw the boy lay on top of Saber and close his eyes.

When Rin said the last words of her incantation, Shiro found himself falling somewhere. He started to scream as the fall seemed never ending but soon enough the fall ended.
Looking around he saw a huge cave with stone pillars sticking out of the boiling lava below.
“Where am I? Is this place Saber’s heart?”

His idle talk was interrupted when a small island not far from him shook and a great dragon burst through the ground with a thunderous roar.

The dragon noticed Shiro and with a mighty flap of its wings, it flew high in the air before diving towards the boy.

Shiro dodged the dragon’s first attack but the second attack cost him his arm causing him to scream in excruciating pain.

Suddenly, everything around him changed and looking down he saw Saber standing in the middle of a complex pattern that looked like idle magic circuits and quickly, one by one they lit with power.
Saber looked at him and the pain disappeared, allowing him to lose consciousness.

Meanwhile, Ranma was walking to the shop along with Sakura.
“Cheer up. You are uncute when you are angry, you know that?” said the purple haired woman to the other girl.
“… Sempai likes me more then Saber or Rin, right? Why does he care for Saber so much, instead of me?”
“Oh, come on. It’s not that bad.” said her Servant trying to find the right words.
‘What should I say? Damn you, Pops. It’s because of you I don’t know what to say. Oh, I got it.’
“If I almost died protecting you, you would be very worried about me as well, right? So it’s probably only until Saber gets better.”

Seeing that her words had little effect, or even worked in reverse, Rider grinned, embraced the smaller girl and jumped high in the air, drawing a surprised yelp from her.

The rest of the day in Emiya household was peaceful, because Shiro and Saber where still sleeping and Rin stayed in her room doing who know what.

Rider idled around, rather bored, and was starting to think about helping Sakura with cooking or cleaning, when Ilya approached her and asked.
“What is your name, Rider?”
“Eh? Ranma Saotome. I’m not really a Servant.” She started to answer but Ilya interrupted her by raising a hand.
“Yes, I know that story.” she said, serious look in her eyes mixing with curiosity and a little mischief.
“But I want you True name. Like Saber’s real name is Arturia. I asking because I thought that I know who you are but I don’t remember anyone who fits your description being able to change forms like that. I promise I won’t tell anyone, even onii-chan!”

“Ehh…”
Ranma wanted to answer that she doesn’t know because she got this body less then a week ago, but several images from her last weird dream came up. The dream about two younger looking girls that looked a lot like his cursed form.

“Medusa, I think.” she answered recalling how she was called in that dream.

“I thought so. But I never knew you could change… hmm.” Ilya nodded to her thoughts and left.

“We’re going to search for other Masters. You’re sure you want to stay?” asked Shiro, when he, Rin and Saber were about to leave on the tonight’s patrol.

“Yeah, Rin said that I might as well rest tonight and that Grail War judge guy wanted to visit us soon.” answered purple haired Servant as she yawned and involuntarily stretched, attracting Shiro’s eyes to her well-developed figure and causing Saber to elbow the boy, lightly, to distract him.

A half an hour later, Rider was already asleep and another strange dream visited her.

She was walking in robe-like clothes before the entrance to the temple she usually saw with two girls in similar clothes, she felt were her sisters, walking near her.

“I greet you beauteous Medusa. “ Suddenly said a powerful and deep voice, somehow reminding her of sounds she heard at the seashore.
She looked in the direction from where the voice and saw a tall white bearded man, dressed in robe-like clothes that slowly walked to them.
In one hand he held a trident that he used as a staff and with another he led a snow-white winged horse.

“I greet you as well, Poseidon.” Ranma heard her voice say when she stopped to look at her
guest.
“I arrived to present you a gift worthy to carry a maiden of your beauty. It’s Pegasus, a horse that rivals even Helios’s steeds.”

“Ohh, sister. Another gift? How in the world you get even immortals to notice you with those horrendous eyes of yours?” asked her eldest *sister* Stheno in a mocking tone she always used when she talked with her youngest sister.

“… Amazing.” Medusa approached the horse and touching its neck she felt a silk smooth surface.
“It’s one of the best presents I had. I thank you.” She said to Poseidon and even lustful light in his eyes that was stronger then usual, couldn’t diminish her mood.

Suddenly, Rider woke up from the feeling that a Servant was not far away. Thinking that unusual for Saber to walk in silently, she stood up and carefully walked towards the entrance.

If she wasn’t so careful then she surely would’ve missed a barely noticeable presence behind her. She started to turn around and a half a dozen of small blades that targeted her vital organs missed their targets by a hair’s width when they shot through her body with streams of blood following them.

As soon as that happened, Rider rolled away, dodging another salvo of knives and leaped to the exit, spinning in the air so she could see who attacked her. She only caught a glimpse of a hunched man in dark cloak before she flew through the door and embedding one of her spikes in the doorway, threw herself upwards.

Landing on the roof in her usual cat-like stance, she coughed out a short stream of blood and wiping it away thought what to do.
‘Where’s Sakura? She’s not in the house anymore… And that Servant is moving with her. Was she captured? Man, I got to save… her. Damn!!!’
She cursed her helplessness when she felt herself slightly dizzy, a sign that in several minutes she most likely will lose consciousness from the loss of blood.

‘I must find others. Must warn Shiro.’ she thought and roofhoped to find Saber and others, slightly surprised that she cared about the boy wellbeing a lot more then usual.

“Did you felt other Servant, Saber?” asked Shiro, when Saber suddenly stopped and entered her battle stance.
“Yes. It’s closing rapidly.” answered Saber looking in the direction the came from.

Soon they saw a long-haired figure dressed in flickering purple light, land in front of them and almost immediately fall to the ground.

“Rider?!” shouted all three when they saw Sakura’s Servant lying on the ground with a puddle of blood starting to gather under her.

“What happened?!” Shiro ran to her, while Saber carefully scanned the surroundings.

Rider coughed up some blood and said.
“Some invisible Servant ambushed me. I think he captured Sakura and I don’t know what happened to Ilya.”

“Rider!” yelled Shiro, when her body became limp in his hands.
Rin, who stood near, said in a cold voice she only used at the start of the War.
“She’s still alive Shiro. We must return home now.”

Opinions and comments are welcome -.-
Kilich
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Muramasa » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:03 pm

An ambush from True Assassin? SWEET!

I found myself liking day 6 quite a bit. Anyway, nice plot twist. I'm a bit iffy about you revealing Rider's true name to Illya when she hasn't even revealed it to Sakura yet...

That's one of my few gripes with it. Perhaps you can also elaborate on the scene with Rider trying to cheer Sakura up. It feels incomplete.
Muramasa
Senshi Cadet

Postby Kilich » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:46 pm

Well, Ilya won't be be able to tell anyone about it until the end of the fic anyway, so no harm done.

About not revealing her name to Sakura. For Ranma, name Ranma Saotome is his True name. Medusa is more like inherited or borrowed,like Ranko Tendo only with memories.

It feels incomplete? Hmm. I'll explain sentence by sentence.

Sakura is angry and takes a walk, Ranma suggest to walk to the shop.

Ranma sees\feels that the girl is still very angry and since she doesn't want her be unhappy, she tries to cheer her up but it backfires.

Because Sakura always gets jealous and at least slightly angry when Shiro show more then usual attention to Saber and Rin. She thinks that one of the reasons for Shiro liking her *less* is that she shows her *uncute* side so often.

Ranma understands that and tries to fix what was just done by approaching the problem from another end.

Her father never let her any ties like friends long enough to learn how to handle such talks. She gets an idea that as she thinks will do the trick.

It backfires again because Sakura recalls Rin's words *in the end if you want for the War to end, you'll have to make a choice between Rider and Shiro's health, since Emiya won't be willing to cancel his contract with Saber* and thinks of what she'll do if Rider will be critically injured.

Ranma sees that words have little effect and decides that with actions she'll shook Sakura free from her depression much faster then with words. And with a big surprise jump, that pushed away most of Sakura's gloomy thoughts they continue their walk.

If you'll ask *Why didn't I write it in the story in the first place?* i'll answer *I couldn't fit it in, in a form i liked.*
Kilich
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:57 pm

Is Fate Stay Night a hentai manga? I get the impression that Shiro scores with every girl in the series or is that just in your fic?
Last edited by Dumbledork on Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Muramasa » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:59 pm

Dumbledork wrote:Is Fate Stay Night a nentai manga? I get the impression that Shiro scores with every girl in the series or is that just in your fic?

Fate/Stay Night originated as a visual novel that branched into 3 different routes.

The choices you make early on determines what route the story takes and coincidentially what girl Shirou ends up with in the end.

Fate route pairs Shirou with Saber. Unlimited Blade Works for Rin and finally Heavens Feel for Sakura.

Supposedly in the planning stages you had routes for Rider, Illya and Caster too but obviously that didn't happen.

The Fate/Stay Night anime chronicles mostly from the Fate scenario with only bits and pieces of Unlimited Blade Works and Heavens Feel scenario's.

The manga takes only from the Unlimited Blade Works scenario though I hear it's being reworked.

And yes, the PC version of the visual novel does have hentai scenes.
Muramasa
Senshi Cadet

PreviousNext

Return to Outlines and Scenes