Irresponsible Sailor Saturn

Bridging the gap between Ideas and C&C.

Post individual scenes that need doctoring, outlines, or other detail work that isn't quite ready for the C&C thread.

Irresponsible Sailor Saturn

Postby Tovath » Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:01 pm

Ok I think this goes here rather then ideas, but if I am wrong then you can move it. This has been in the back of my head since the new bet was talked about. So I want you to tell me if I can pull this off.

At the end of the S series the baby Hotaru is pulled into a dimensional warphole and pulled into the world of 'Irresponsible Captain Tylor' She is found and raised by the crew of the Soyokaze. Then after the events in the TV series the Soyokaze is sent to investigate the disappeance of an exploratory craft. They find the craft but the crew is missing and there is this odd ball. When the ball is touched it teleports Hotaru, Harumi and Yamamoto get transported to the Sailor Moon world.

At the Gates of Time Pluto is trying to find a way for at least some of the senshi to survive the up coming battle, but is not having much luck until Hotaru returns to that world. Pluto then gets a view of a future that is very nice although not Crystal Tokyo then Pluto is thrown out of the gates.

Hotaru, Harumi and Yamamoto end up in a park in Juban and they decide to split up to look around. Hotaru runs into some of the bullies that used to pick on her, she doesn't recognize them but recognize her and decide to treat her like they did before. Bad idea Hotaru has been living on a military vessel her whole life and she creams them.
Ranma is in Juban getting away from the insanity for a little while and sees the fight.

That night Hotaru has a dream about her past life. That is she thinks it is just a dream until she sees some girls in short skirts fighting a monster and she goes to help. She leaves before any of the senshi can talk to her and heads back to the campsite. When there she asks Harumi, who is in case you don't know a highly advanced spy android, to look into a few things for her and fixes up a 'present' for Pluto. Yamamoto catches up with Setsuna just after she gets blow up by the bomb in the ‘present’ and they go get something to drink.

They end up getting really drunk and make a deal with Genma that they will pay his bar tab if his son teaches the Senshi Any Thing Goes. After that they go to the house that Setsuna shares with the other Outers and well lets just say that Setsuna was greeted with the comment “I know turn about is fair play but you were really loud last night.” After she gets over her hang over and surprise the next morning, Setsuna goes over to the Tendo Dojo to talk about the deal she made last night with Genma (the details are rather blurry to her) when Happosai says that he will allow this only if Setsuna agrees to let him train her child as his successor. They argue about this for a while and come to the comprise that Ranma will become the next Grandmaster of Anything Goes and he will take Setsuna’s child as a student. After they agree about this Setsuna mentions that she doesn’t have a kid and Happosai says she will in about nine months

Meanwhile Hotaru and Harumi are getting control of Hotaru’s late father’s estate. Aside from giving them a place to live and money to live on Hotaru is hoping that somewhere in her fathers notes will be a way for them to return home to the Soyokaze.

My main problems are (one) Should I put this post cannon or during the stars season? (two) Chibiusa, I will need to have her in the story to give Hotaru a reason to want to stay in this world rather then spend all her time finding a way back to the other world, but I don’t know how to deal with her being from a future that may not exist anymore.
“Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.”
-Hanlon's Razor

"Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much."
-Oscar Wilde

Senshi of Puck
Tovath
Prism Power Senshi

Postby bissek » Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:05 pm

The parts about Ranma seem to be forced into the outline. I don't think that he really needs to be in the story.
Genius is 1.7% inspiration, 98.6% perspiration, and .4% poor math skills.
bissek
Moon Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:39 pm

So long as it's a future where Usagi and Mamoru get together I think she can end up with the same personality. Just don't have her talk about her home time. Use the old not allowed to give away the future excuse. I wonder how Ranma will deal with all of this and when in your plot the curse will show up. Not to mention who Setsuna's kids fater would be.

Edit:
Maybe you should do this as 3 stories. The first two would cover the time where Hotaru is in the other universe and then you could introduce Ranma to the Senshi and help with the time between say Pharoh and Galaxia. Then his being involved wouldn't seem so weird. I mean Pluto would end up having to get some help some way before Hotaru could return and your training idea and all that could go into that arc. That way when Hotaru is returning she isn't the only one changed.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Tovath » Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:45 pm

bissek wrote:The parts about Ranma seem to be forced into the outline. I don't think that he really needs to be in the story.

I plan to have the training that Ranma is going to give play a large role because Hotaru doesn't want to work with either unprofessionally idiots (the inners) or people who did try to kill her (The Outers) but I didn't but that down because I was unsure about how I was going to do due to not knowing when it it would take place

Spokavriel wrote: So long as it's a future where Usagi and Mamoru get together I think she can end up with the same personality. Just don't have her talk about her home time. Use the old not allowed to give away the future excuse.

Actually I am glad I don't have to worry about getting Chibiusa's character right (because Icould even if I wanted to) but even if she doesn't say anything her reactions will be off and that will cause problems for me the way I write
“Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.”
-Hanlon's Razor

"Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much."
-Oscar Wilde

Senshi of Puck
Tovath
Prism Power Senshi

Re: Irresponsible Sailor Saturn

Postby Zwzn » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:22 pm

Tovath wrote:Snip...
That is an interesting idea. It could work with alot of series.

Just a minor nip pick. I would not call any of the senshi to be competent.
Zwzn
Moon Senshi

Return to Outlines and Scenes