Pets or Mystical Beings--Companion for Ranma?

Post any fanfiction related polls here

Which pets/mystic beings do you like with Ranma?

Cats
4%
Cats
4%
Dogs
No votes
Dogs
No votes
Birds
1%
Birds
1%
Dragons (any country/universe)
9%
Dragons (any country/universe)
9%
Fairies
18%
Fairies
18%
A Phoenix
7%
A Phoenix
7%
A Farm Animal (Horse, cow, goat, sheep, etc...)
No votes
A Farm Animal (Horse, cow, goat, sheep, etc...)
No votes
Amphibian Animals (Frogs, nutes, Snakes, etc...)
No votes
Amphibian Animals (Frogs, nutes, Snakes, etc...)
No votes
Other Living (at least known) creature.
4%
Other Living (at least known) creature.
4%
Other Mystical/Magical Being
6%
Other Mystical/Magical Being
6%

Total votes : 68

Pets or Mystical Beings--Companion for Ranma?

Postby Anime_Freak317 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:04 pm

Here's a new poll. This is just to get an opinion of what type of creature would make a great companion to Ranma.
Also if you have a specific Anime, or even an American Cartoon (brrrrr) that you can reference it to, please put it in on the comments section.
My vote is for Fairies, like Belbel in Petite Princess Yucie (Puchipuri Yucie).
JoT is on hold..again. Legal issues and work modes have been incresingly harsh. Chapter is 25% done. Sorry.
Tear of the Lone Wolf P( :cry:
Anime_Freak317
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Tovath » Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:17 pm

When I saw Fairies I just had to chose that one but I have no idea why
Tovath
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Bliss » Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:20 pm

Not being too serious but I think it would be awesome for Ranma to have his own Pen Pen *grins*
or an Undead Monkey *smirks*
Princess of Nyx (Nix)
Saving the world, One Bishie at a Time

Rank Up! Spammaster Rank C by Himi-chan Sept. 5, 2007
Appointed 'Universal Translator' by Cybses July 22, 2006
Bliss
Super Power Senshi

Postby Nekomata-sensei » Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:39 pm

Cats! Because we love neko-Ranma, even if Ranma doesn't. :twisted:
"Health, Learning & Virtue will ensure your happiness; they will give you a quiet conscience, private esteem & public honor." Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)
Nekomata-sensei
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby antimatterenergy » Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:50 pm

I chose fairies because I like them. I also like dragons though. Is there a dragon/fairy hybrid I think that would make a cool pet for Ranma. It could have the ability to be a fairy, a dragon, or a hybrid mix of the two. That would be cool a draconian fairy. With dragon like wings. Reptilian slitted eyes. Small little fangs. Metalic hair. Burps up flames. Skin that is actually microscopic scales.
"Did you really think sealing me in concrete and burying me in the yard was even going to slow me down?!" Ranma v8p92

My Blog: http://ranmarelated.blogspot.com/
antimatterenergy
Asteroid Senshi

Postby DCG » Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:01 pm

A cabbit!
DCG
Fukufics Staffer

Postby Sunshine Temple » Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:29 pm

For magical companions I've used both fairies and a wolf for Ranma.
Since there was no Wolf option, I went with fairy.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

A Dragon, definitely a dragon

Postby Daniel Jess Gibson » Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:56 pm

I think a dragon, a la Smaug would be the best. But Ranma would have to have a way of controlling it. My suggestion would be to keep it small (its curse or something),
I mean teeny-tiny sized,
and it could only stay big when and as long as Ranma permitted it. Of course the Dragon's personality would pit it against Nabiki immediately, and it would give Ranma (a grudging) ace in the hole. Of course a fire-breathing flying gecko would still be something of a threat.
It would also give Ranma someone to comiserate with, they're both given the worst curses (in their opinion) imaginable, and they both have to live with it.
Daniel Jess Gibson
Moon Senshi

Postby Neko- » Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:53 pm

Does Ranma actually need a furry/scaley/feathery/something sidekick?
I'd go for a dragon then, cause those have been depicted in the anime enough as befitting him.
Appointed Spammaster Rank D by Himitsu - June 21st 2006
Appointed Spammaster Rank C by Himitsu - September 2nd 2006
Prince of Bob (the Black Hole)
I reject your reality and substitute my own - Adam Savage
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby AscendedWarrior » Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:48 pm

personaly I think faries would work best as Ranma's companion. I think I've been playing far too much zelda :p.
AscendedWarrior
Senshi Cadet

Postby Anime_Freak317 » Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:25 pm

Tovath wrote:When I saw Fairies I just had to chose that one but I have no idea why

To each their own. :?
Bliss wrote:Not being too serious but I think it would be awesome for Ranma to have his own Pen Pen *grins*
or an Undead Monkey *smirks*

Ah yes, the warm-water Penguin that drinks beer in NGE. Nice. 8)
Nekomata-sensei wrote:Cats! Because we love neko-Ranma, even if Ranma doesn't.

You are a sick twisted individual. That's why we love you. :twisted:
antimaterenergy wrote:I chose fairies because I like them. I also like dragons though. Is there a dragon/fairy hybrid I think that would make a cool pet for Ranma. It could have the ability to be a fairy, a dragon, or a hybrid mix of the two. That would be cool a draconian fairy. With dragon like wings. Reptilian slitted eyes. Small little fangs. Metalic hair. Burps up flames. Skin that is actually microscopic scales.

Hmmm....I think there may be something like that out there. Maybe "Sprites" or something, but other than that, it's too complicated to comprihend. I like it. :D
DCG wrote:A Cabbit!

Nice thought, but I said "Pets" as in living Earth Animals, or "Mystical Beings" that may have existed before or exist in the mystic folklore or classic literature, like Lord of the Rings (Elfs, Gollum, Dwarfs, etc...). And a Cabbit is a Manufactured Creature. Sorry. :P
Sunshine wrote:For magical companions I've used both fairies and a wolf for Ranma.
Since there was no Wolf option, I went with fairy.

Wolf would have gone under Other Living Creatures. Since these polls only limit the choices to 10, I had to improvise the last few choices. (Can you this get fixed???) :cry: :cry: :cry:
Daniel Jess Gibson wrote:I think a dragon, a la Smaug would be the best. But Ranma would have to have a way of controlling it. My suggestion would be to keep it small (its curse or something),
I mean teeny-tiny sized,
and it could only stay big when and as long as Ranma permitted it. Of course the Dragon's personality would pit it against Nabiki immediately, and it would give Ranma (a grudging) ace in the hole. Of course a fire-breathing flying gecko would still be something of a threat.
It would also give Ranma someone to comiserate with, they're both given the worst curses (in their opinion) imaginable, and they both have to live with it.

A gecko?!?!?!? Yeah, I can just see it now. Flying in to save 15% on Ranma's expences in 15 minutes or less. All with just one call.
As for the reshaping/resizing dragon...Interesting. These sizes would be neccessary for surviving around Genma, the Amazons, and Happosai.
Neko- wrote:Does Ranma actually need a furry/scaley/feathery/something sidekick?
I'd go for a dragon then, cause those have been depicted in the anime enough as befitting him.

No, he doesn't, but I thought it would be fun if he did. After all, everyone needs a friend they can count on.
And he just likes the dragon designs. He doesn't like the dragons that much, thanks to Herb. Remember that Neko-Ojou-Sama.
AscendedWarrior wrote:personaly I think faries would work best as Ranma's companion. I think I've been playing far too much zelda :p.

Another Zelda-freak. Where are the classics when we need them. And there is a nice story that crosses Ranma with Zelda--The Orca (sp.?) of Time. It's called The Legend of Ranma.
Anyways, I was watching Petite Princess Yucie and even though Beth, the princess of the Fairy Realm has pink hair and is stuck as a 10 year old, I was thinking that it would make a nice crossover. So I started working on some scenes for that story. All I got for the time being is a few lines and a fair outline of how I want the story to go.
JoT is on hold..again. Legal issues and work modes have been incresingly harsh. Chapter is 25% done. Sorry.
Tear of the Lone Wolf P( :cry:
Anime_Freak317
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Daniel Jess Gibson » Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:36 pm

Daniel Jess Gibson wrote:I think a dragon, a la Smaug would be the best. But Ranma would have to have a way of controlling it. My suggestion would be to keep it small (its curse or something),
I mean teeny-tiny sized,

Anime_Freak317 wrote:A gecko?!?!?!? Yeah, I can just see it now. Flying in to save 15% on Ranma's expences in 15 minutes or less. All with just one call.
As for the reshaping/resizing dragon...Interesting. These sizes would be neccessary for surviving around Genma, the Amazons, and Happosai.

Sorry, I meant it's normally about gecko-sized, but it is still a dragon, so people would assume it is a fire breathing Gecko, although I like the idea of it trying to sell insurance to people. Right before Ranma pulverizes them, or it could warn ranma.
R:'I've got a better figure than Akane and Shampoo."
S:"Would you like some short-term life insurance?"
R:"No, why?"
S:"No reason." Flees while Shampoo and Akane discuss it with Ranma.
N:" So, Smokey the Lizard, is the insurance a good deal?"
S: flames Nabiki
Daniel Jess Gibson
Moon Senshi

Postby Screwball » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:43 am

A Giant Turtle. Because I like Giant Turtles.
After careful study of Number One's biographic work My Ceaseless Quest to Conquer Earth and Destroy its Puny Inhabitants, we have come to the conclusion that the Ghast Empire may well be up to something rum.
Screwball
Asteroid Senshi

Postby migele » Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:59 am

I like demons and fairies. since fairis is always weird I picked it and demons is very varying.
migele
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby WG_Writer » Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:53 pm

I choose Dragon, if only for my fic, 'Forbidden' where Herb could turn into a full dragon and was his 'magical companion'
Storm trooper effect works against good guys as well.
No matter how strong you are, there is always a teenager able to beat you without breaking a sweat.
A blind Paladin can only hear half truths
A deaf Paladin can only see half truths
Either way the Paladin is a berserker
WG_Writer
Moon Senshi

Next

Return to Polls