Things you don't care for in Ranma 1/2 fan-fiction: Part 4

Post any fanfiction related polls here

Which of the following don't you care about?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:28 pm

Nabiki is the breadwinner of the household, or the sole source of income.
17%
Ranma experiences motherhood, especially if it's not by choice.
12%
Ranma can control his curse, yet it's not seen as a cure even though he can choose to be a guy 24/7.
2%
Jusenkyo can impart the spirit of someone or something from a spring when someone falls in, for one reason or another.
7%
Ranma's curse gets locked. Especially if it's irrelevant to the plot, and thus the plot itself won't work to resolve it.
10%
The author portrays Ranma as something akin to a saint, and/or is innocent of any wrongdoing on his part while being the victim of how everyone else treats him.
14%
Ranma makes a habit of claiming to be the best, perhaps even despite evidence to the contrary.
7%
Nodoka considers perverts and/or at least some forms of perversion to be manly, perhaps going as far as seeing Happosai as being manly.
7%
With or without a furoshiki (wrapping cloth), the umisen-ken is actually seen as a technique rather than as a collection of techniques, especially if said technique makes the user invisible rather than as a way to hide one's presence.
5%
Even with so much evidence to the contrary, Ranma actually has to be convinced that girls aren't weak (possibly stupid and other negative things, as well).
19%

Total votes : 42

Things you don't care for in Ranma 1/2 fan-fiction: Part 4

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:28 pm

Yes, I have nothing better to do with my time. Well, I do, but I haven't gained enough levels for my prioritizing ability and time management skills, yet. But, unless I get a lot of suggestion for that Tenchi crossover poll, this will likely be the last of these polls.

Woot?
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Re: Things you don't care for in Ranma 1/2 fan-fiction: Part 4

Postby frice2000 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:49 pm

Woot? :P.

As to these poll options I'd select the curse locked for no reason but it's not quite specific enough.
frice2000
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:00 pm

It isn't? So by principle, or having no purpose in the plot, isn't enough? O.o
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:33 pm

Ranma experiences motherhood, especially if it's not by choice.

This can occasionally be done well.. but it overwhelmingly is IMHO not.

One example of one I thought done well, with time travel and a mystery attached to it, is 'Goodbye is Not Forever' by Coutuva

EDIT:
The author portrays Ranma as something akin to a saint, and/or is innocent of any wrongdoing on his part while being the victim of how everyone else treats him.

Saint Ranma (Ick), Saint Akane (Bleagh), and even a couple that are Saint Kuno (double Bleagh) stories generally are bad ones... because the author never explored other avenues to make Ranma look good compared tot he others.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Return to Polls