Things you don't care for in Ranma/TM fan-fiction

Post any fanfiction related polls here

Which of the following don't you care about?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:49 pm

The author has no idea where or how far Okayama is, particularly in relation to Tokyo.
8%
The Saotome or Tendo families just happen to be related to Yosho somewhere down the line, particularly if it's Nodoka.
7%
Ranma replaces Tenchi.
8%
A crossover with Tenchi Muyo is an excuse to get Ranma engaged to more girls, or at least have more chasing after/fighting for him. (I think this option is obligatory at this point.)
8%
Ramna gets special treatment from any one of the Chousin (usually Tsunami), whether he's somehow their offspring, better than Tenchi, or simply because he's woebegotten.
7%
The author mucks up who the Chousin are, their relationship to each other, and what they are doing, as if they'd only vaguely heard about them instead of watching the Tenchi Muyo OVA.
12%
Unless the author happens to favor either Ayeka or Ryoko, they become one-dimensional depictions of themselves and lose Tenchi to someone else (usually Sasami/Tsunami).
15%
The author assumes that Ranma knows diddly about using a sword, usually due to the whole "I don't use weapons/weapons are a crutch" fanon.
12%
Ranma's strengths and abilities are badly managed when putting them against the strengths and abilities of the Tenchi Muyo cast, making him either too weak or too strong in comparison.
10%
Once again we have to go through the events of the first and second OVAs (especially the first), and the plot involves little else with the addition of Ranma, beyond Ryoga popping up or being chased by and/or looked for by various people from Ranma 1/2 for the usual reasons.
12%

Total votes : 59

Things you don't care for in Ranma/TM fan-fiction

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:49 pm

Because nothing is sacred. If there are enough suggestions a second poll might be possible, because this is all I could think of. I wouldn't be surprised if something obvious slipped my mind, though.
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Re: Things you don't care for in Ranma/TM fan-fiction

Postby PCHeintz72 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:29 pm

Ranma replaces Tenchi.

I do not really see this all that often... A handful of times I have though.

Ranma's strengths and abilities are badly managed when putting them against the strengths and abilities of the Tenchi Muyo cast, making him either too weak or too strong in comparison.

In fairness... it makes a difference first if this is OAV or TIT or Universe... Unless OAV Tenchi and actually manages to go full bore... Ranma can trounce him. With OAV Tenchi going full bore... considering we've seen him split universes and exit black holes... Ranma cannot touch him.

The issue though becomes Ryoko, Kagato/Kain, and the goddesses. As I believe a post manga Ranma could defeat everyone but these.

Once again we have to go through the events of the first and second OVAs (especially the first), and the plot involves little else with the addition of Ranma, beyond Ryoga popping up or being chased by and/or looked for by various people from Ranma 1/2 for the usual reasons.

Generally, I see Ranma's introduction into Tenchi destroy the Tenchi timeline... the few times it does not utterly destroy it, it is often due to external time events still occuring... for example, Ranma being interoduced would change little of the Arrivals of (depending on timeline) Kagato, Kiyone, Seto, Masaki parents, or the hot springs event. None of those would generally be affected by Ranma being introduced.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Return to Polls