Things you don't care for in Ranma 1/2 fan-fiction: Part 3

Post any fanfiction related polls here

Which of the following don't you care about?

Poll ended at Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:15 am

If there happens to be a fight scene, it's short and/or poorly written.
10%
Akane actually has the ability/skill to make a mallet out of ki, rather than said mallet just being a gag object.
7%
Nodoka thinks that Ranma can't fulfill the pledge because of his curse.
11%
Soun and Genma, usually together, say things like, "the schools must be joined," or, "now the schools with never be joined."
4%
If Ryoga makes an appearance, other than fighting Ranma he offers nothing to the story other than, "where in the world am I now," or, "Ranma, prepare to die," or, "Ranma, this is all your fault."
11%
Akane's food is lethal or becomes a living thing.
12%
The neko-ken is a technique/ritual whereby the one being trained in it is meant to be possessed by something (evil or not).
10%
If the author doesn't change who Ranma will end up with, yet his relationship with Akane hardly improves, if at all.
11%
Rather than the girls fighting over Ranma, they eventually (for whatever reason, or by whatever influence) decide that sharing him is A-O-K.
15%
Even though Ranma is cursed, he rarely gets changed into a girl, especially involuntarily.
10%

Total votes : 73

Re: Things you don't care for in Ranma 1/2 fan-fiction: Part 3

Postby TerraEpon » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:11 pm

Ok, here's one I thought of I don't think is on the lists --- Ranma being able to "control" the curse....but it's not considered a cure. If he can control it (especially if there's no water trigger any more which is usually the case), then it's hardly a curse any more, and can only be considered a positive thing.

(I don't have any problem with the author going in that direction, more the mentality of it)
TerraEpon
Asteroid Senshi

Postby frice2000 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:29 am

Another one came to mind reading a story today: Jusenkyou imparts the spirit of the drowned victim into the victim. Often this makes no sense considering the amount of victims the Springs have had, or its used to justify rapid Ranma embracing femininity, or some other usually flimsy plot device. There are very few stories that do it well...and even then it's a very disquieting notion and likely better left on the drawing board in my opinion.
frice2000
Asteroid Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:27 pm

frice2000 wrote:Another one came to mind reading a story today: Jusenkyou imparts the spirit of the drowned victim into the victim. Often this makes no sense considering the amount of victims the Springs have had, or its used to justify rapid Ranma embracing femininity, or some other usually flimsy plot device. There are very few stories that do it well...and even then it's a very disquieting notion and likely better left on the drawing board in my opinion.

While not a huge fan of it myself, I can see some arguements to support it.

It would not stop me from reading the story. BUT, that does not mean the story is good... An example of this would be one I came across long ago that had *all* the ranma characters take on the drowned spirits of the Slayers cast... Bleagh...
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:43 pm

You know none of this is saying something is wrong. Its just asking what you don't care for. Well I know a related one was in a prior poll but what is with all the stories where the only thing Ranma gets hit with, by Akane, is a mallet. I can only think of maybe 2 times where Akane even has a mallet in hand in the comic. Most of the time its a Boken, shinai or her bare hand. If not some weapon of opportunity like the table, garden lantern, big rocks, Bricks, etc.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:46 pm

Spokavriel wrote: You know none of this is saying something is wrong. Its just asking what you don't care for. Well I know a related one was in a prior poll but what is with all the stories where the only thing Ranma gets hit with, by Akane, is a mallet. I can only think of maybe 2 times where Akane even has a mallet in hand in the comic. Most of the time its a Boken, shinai or her bare hand. If not some weapon of opportunity like the table, garden lantern, big rocks, Bricks, etc.

Were I Ranma... I'd be far more concerned with the 'getting hit' part, not so much the getting hit with 'what' part...
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:54 pm

Yeah but Ranma has been hit with a wash tub full of water more often than Akane has had a mallet. Or bath house bucket. Or even Soap!
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Return to Polls