If you were a fan-fic author, or are one...

Post any fanfiction related polls here

...how many series would be a staple among your fan-fics?

Poll ended at Mon May 07, 2012 4:03 pm

1-2
8%
3-4
54%
5-7
23%
8-10
No votes
11-13
8%
14-16
No votes
17-20
No votes
21-24
No votes
25-29
No votes
30+
8%

Total votes : 13

If you were a fan-fic author, or are one...

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:03 pm

To clarify, what I'm asking is how many series would you use more than once or twice, beyond bit parts. To simplify, the series in question would likely be what you really like (and thus would want to use if possible/applicable) and what you're really familiar with. This question is posed to the fan-fic authors that exist, as well as hypothetically to those who don't.

My main three would be/is Ranma 1/2, Sailor Moon and Aa! Megami-sama. Others I would/will use often enough are Tenchi Muyo, To Love-Ru, Shugo Chara and Touhou. Only seven for me. But they're both what I'm familiar enough with and easy to use or crossover with.

(That's what I came up with after looking over the stories I've started, finished, and the one-hundred and twelve story ideas that may or may not be the next top model. Or something like that.)
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Re: If you were a fan-fic author, or are one...

Postby Dumbledork » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:04 pm

I only write Ranma crossovers. The prologue of my Ranma/One Piece crossover should be ready soon.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:07 pm

So far, I've only used three anime series -- Ranma, Sailor Moon, and Tenchi. I suppose I could do Utena, and it might be fun to mix in Space Pirate Mito with Washuu and Ryoko.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:58 am

I'm fairly familiar with, and will (eventually) use more than twenty series in my stories, but it's only the seven that I'll use often enough and will play significant roles in any given plot. Many of the series I'll only use once or twice, playing a major role at least once. That is mainly because I prefer writing stories with Ranma as the protagonist, but only so many series are easy enough to work with regarding whatever plot idea I may want to put together. (I almost added Slayers, but I've only got one significant role for it and two third fiddles.)
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Return to Polls