3%
Other/Not Mentioned
3%
Other/Not Mentioned
3%

Total votes : 102

Which Fic Of Fire's Is Your Favorite?

Postby Metroidvania » Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:41 pm

As A tribute to Fire's now almost certain demise of writing fiction, due to the homepage dying out, I thought it might be interesting to list your favorite fic from one of the greatest Ranma/SM authors out there...
Unfortunately, since the homepage has gone down, and I didn't have a chance to double-check if there are fics I missed, there may be several I don't know about, which is why that last one is an option....
Personally, I love all of Fire's fics, and it's a hard not to pick Vengeance and a Half......
But I'd have to go with Destiny's Child..It was my first Ranma/SM cross, _ever_, and it inspired me to keep going down the rabbit hole, and eventually led me to here.....
Fire, wherever you are, hope you're enjoying yourself!
Metroidvania
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Pale Wolf » Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:16 pm

While DC is better, nothing had me waiting for the next installment as much as Vengeance.
That may've been because DC, being complete, didn't have a next installment...
On the other hand, maybe it was just the fact that he actually had Hotaru in VAAH.
There is no problem that cannot be solved through the proper application of immense levels of firepower.

- Finally promoted to Spammaster Indeterminate Rank as of June 18, by Stratagemini

<Stratagemini> My Titanium Anus Armour will repel all challengers!

Would you believe this is one of the more tame bits of dirt I've got for him?
Pale Wolf
Fukufics Staffer

Postby antimatterenergy » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:44 am

I liked all of his stories but I think my favorite was Teineina Tenshi No Teze. I'm not sure why but I found it very amusing for Ranma and Rei to share a body. Particularly liked the scene when he was talking to misato on the phone while exercising and she though he was doing something else.
Of all his fics I liked vengeance and a half the least. It was very good but every time I read it (read it more than once because it is very good) It bothered me how much he weakened the Ranma cast and if Ranma went to war with the senshi I felt that it would be a lot worse for the senshi because even if Ranma was weaker than them I always felt Ranma would use other tactics such as making a deal with cologne to bring more amazons and magic items in (junsenkyo water, super soba, stolen military hardware from russia etc...) , convincing (blackmail, call in a favor, trick, etc...) or at least trying to convince other people he met or knows into fighting the senshi like Herb. Trying to isolate a senshi so that can take them out one at a time or set up some traps so as to get an advantage. Trying to sneak up behind them with a sword and cutting thier heads off. All the types of things that Ranma or the people around him have done to some degree within the manga. Also felt that Nabiki would be trying to tear down the senshi's reputation even creating false information so that the people in general would start to hate and fear the senshi and trying to get the government involved. Sorry about the above rant but remembering the things in his fics and stuff I've been reading/watching lately brought it about. (when I started writing this all I had planned was to praise his fics.)
"Did you really think sealing me in concrete and burying me in the yard was even going to slow me down?!" Ranma v8p92

My Blog: http://ranmarelated.blogspot.com/
antimatterenergy
Asteroid Senshi

Postby camk4evr » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:01 am

'Destiny's Child' was my favorite of his fics, followed by 'Bubble Burst', and 'Teineina Tenshi No Teze'. I just couldn't get into Vengeance for some reason.
camk4evr
Moon Senshi

Postby Screwball » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:21 am

I liked Vengance. Maybe it's because putting the senshi in bad situations amuses me...
After careful study of Number One's biographic work My Ceaseless Quest to Conquer Earth and Destroy its Puny Inhabitants, we have come to the conclusion that the Ghast Empire may well be up to something rum.
Screwball
Asteroid Senshi

Postby mondu_the_fat » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:45 am

Vengeance (which was responsible for getting me into SM fanfiction), followed by TTNT. Like all of his work, I like Destiny's Child, but wasn't too impressed by it. Red Moon is fantastic, but not my favorite.
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Lord Aries Greymon » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:16 pm

I remember truly loving Vengance at some point, but I kinda hate it now, if only because it could have been done better as a war of vengance.
I still like Destiny's Child, and I loved TTNT. Well, what there was of TTNT. (I don't remember if I just forgot to finish reading it, or if it really wasn't complete)
Lord Aries Greymon
Prism Power Senshi

Postby AscendedWarrior » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:46 pm

I am rather partial to vengence and a half but I found Destiny's child was also a good read. The reason it was not the first on my list however was the heavy amounts of Akane worship in it, she may not be the devil incarnet but she is defenetly not an angle...
AscendedWarrior
Senshi Cadet

Postby Materia-Blade » Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:32 pm

Destiny's Child Here.
I didn't actually ever read many of his other fics. Heard they were good but never struck me as interesting. Maybe I'll open them up one of these days...
"I killed the world and you can too, if you try hard."
-- Lews Therin Kinslayer
Materia-Blade
Senshi Cadet

Postby Ninsaneja » Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:54 pm

It's a close one between DC and VAAH, but I have to go with Destiny's Child as it is complete, since Fire doesn't seem like he's going to be finishing the other one I have to go with the story that can give me the satisfaction of a completed plot and resolution (as well as the ending being very emotional and tense)
"For a good time, call Molimo"
- Inscribed on a bathroom stall door in Yavimaya.
Ninsaneja
Senshi Cadet

Postby Shadow Wolf » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:10 am

I like Destiny's Child a lot, but I always wanted to see more of Under a Different Moon as well.
Shadow Wolf
Senshi Candidate

Postby Atlan » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:31 am

They all rock. Except Vengence, but then again that's the sort of fic I avoid.
Red Moon almost came first, because it was so dam ridiculas.
Destiny's Child almost came first, as it was my first Fukufic.
But the winner for me would have to be The Use Of Power. That's the one where Ami gets stuck in the Weel of Time world.
Of course, the reason I picked it might be related to the fact that it was the last of Fire's fics that I found. I read everything else, then found that.
Deft Touch was good too.
The Banana, the Atheist's Nightmare:

God made it with a non-slip surface, a color coded system so we know when to eat it, and an easy open tab at the top of the banana. It's just the right shape for a mouth and is easy to digest!!
Atlan
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Anime_Freak317 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:13 am

I have to say--Destiny's Child. I personally think it's a great fic. Even though it's somewhat of a pro-Akane-fic, I still like it. A love that spans throughout the ages. It also has a unique pairing that I don't think that there is another of--Ranma/Rei. If there is, I haven't read it yet.
JoT is on hold..again. Legal issues and work modes have been incresingly harsh. Chapter is 25% done. Sorry.
Tear of the Lone Wolf P( :cry:
Anime_Freak317
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Cyber_Skaarj » Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:58 pm

Sailor Ranko for me. As good as all the other fics are, SR holds a special place in my heart, simply because without it I would not be here on fukufics.
"Never send a Henchkitty to do an assassin's job..."
The Devils Creed

Appointed Spammer Rank C By Himitsu, 11th March 2007
Cyber_Skaarj
Moon Senshi

Postby Himitsu » Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:40 pm

Teineina Tenshi No Teze would be my favorite, because it's really hard to find a good Ranma/Eva crossover that I like. To bad that Fire seems to have given up on writing, but hey, people have to eventually move on in life. He probably got distracted by those evil life, family and job things.
When you're as smart as me, you don't need proof.
Spammaster Rank S.
Himitsu
Trickster Priest

Next

Return to Polls