Anime versus manga

Post any fanfiction related polls here

Which do you prefer? (Please use one vote per series.)

Poll ended at Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:32 pm

Sailor Moon: anime
9%
Sailor Moon: anime
9%
Sailor Moon: manga
11%
Sailor Moon: manga
9%
Sailor Moon: no preference
7%
Sailor Moon: no preference
7%
Ranma 1/2: anime
No votes
Ranma 1/2: anime
No votes
Ranma 1/2: manga
17%
Ranma 1/2: manga
15%
Ranma 1/2: no preference
9%
Ranma 1/2: no preference
9%

Total votes : 46

Anime versus manga

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:32 pm

Many of us have a preference. It tends to affect our discussions and arguments at some point. But I never bothered to notice which came up more often, so I thought that something like this might be a bit enlightening. Or the work of the devil. Who knows?
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Re: Anime versus manga

Postby Spokavriel » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:51 pm

I clicked No Prefference on both. But that isn't entirely true. It trades off based on episodes and story arcs. Like in Ranma the Reversal Jewel is better in Anime while the 10 yen battle is allot easier to follow in Manga. I'd point out the Sailor moon examples but I'm spacing on titles right now I got to re-read and review soon.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby WG_Writer » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:13 pm

I chose no preference as well, mostly because while I generally prefer the Manga as a base to each there is enough good add in the Animes that most of us use it without thinking.
Storm trooper effect works against good guys as well.
No matter how strong you are, there is always a teenager able to beat you without breaking a sweat.
A blind Paladin can only hear half truths
A deaf Paladin can only see half truths
Either way the Paladin is a berserker
WG_Writer
Moon Senshi

Postby CRBWildcat » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:26 am

The anime of Sailor Moon is the second that I've ever seen, and the first that I could identify as such when I first learned what anime was. The manga I've never paid much attention to.

I've seen some of Ranma 1/2's episodes, and read a few chapters, but I don't think I really prefer one or the other.
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
Spammer Rank C --- from Himitsu, 10-25-07. "Holy @!#%!, she made Zelas cry."
SpamLady Supreme --- from Colonel Caprice, 8-16-2017
Song of the week. Updated Sundays/Mondays.
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Postby mondu_the_fat » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:34 pm

While I generally prefer the Ranma manga, there are some instances where I prefer the anime. For example, Gosunkugi and Kodachi were much more likeable in the anime, and both characters had episodes dedicated to them which were pretty nice. Artwork in the anime in the later seasons suffered greatly.

As for SM, I prefer the anime. The feel is completely different. It's CAMPY, which makes it memorable, at least to me and the people I know in real life (especially those who watched the localized version, which turns the camp dial up to 11). Besides the artwork in the manga is... kinda bad.
"So Igor wasn't kidding. Most people just ensure they won't die cold and alone by making friends...I gain superpowers and have mysterious voices tell me I did a good job. My life is a goddamn mess."
-- Minato Arisato, My Life is a Goddamn Mess
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Cheb » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:40 am

Manga for Ranma 1/2 (as the anime has too much adaptation decay)

Anime for SM, but in hindsight I probably should have checked both. Unlike R1/2 these are different universes both of which have their own strong points... And their weak ponts. SM anime is silly, goofy and mixes well with Ranma. SM manga is nice dark and lovecraftey but too short and the drawing style makes your eyes plead for mercy.
Proud owner of 1.5 kilograms of Germanium transistors
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby Makoto » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:39 pm

Yeah, the SM anime does extend the series quite a bit (the Generals last quite a bit longer, for one example :mrgreen: ), so there's a bit more story to it. :)
Still alive, but failing miserably at dodging Real Life.
My webpage has returned! http://www.fdnest.com/~makoto/
My Fanfiction.net profile: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1473284/
Makoto
Asteroid Senshi

Return to Polls