What is your favorite type of Sailor Moon/ Ranma crossover?

Post any fanfiction related polls here

What is your favorite type of Sailor Moon crossover.

Your average reletive relationship sort of thing. (Akane is Ami's cousin, Ranma is Usagi's "Brother by another mother" etc.)
3%
Your average reletive relationship sort of thing. (Akane is Ami's cousin, Ranma is Usagi's "Brother by another mother" etc.)
3%
Ranma as a Sailor Senshi (Past life or New Senshi creation)
24%
Ranma as a Sailor Senshi (Past life or New Senshi creation)
24%
Anyone else a Sailor Senshi (Past life or New Senshi creation)
2%
Anyone else a Sailor Senshi (Past life or New Senshi creation)
1%
Anyone in the Tuxedo Kamen outfit.
No votes
Anyone in the Tuxedo Kamen outfit.
No votes
Evil Setsuna
2%
Evil Setsuna
2%
Romance between Ranma 1/2 Cast member and Sailor Moon Cast Member
15%
Romance between Ranma 1/2 Cast member and Sailor Moon Cast Member
15%
Other/Unmentioned
6%
Other/Unmentioned
6%

Total votes : 131

Postby TerraEpon » Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:23 am

You're not the only one. Rakhal actually took it down from his list of favorites on his site....I didn't care much for it either.
-Joshua
TerraEpon
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Metroidvania » Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:29 pm

It was good.....
Until Pluto ripped out Ranma's heart......
Princess of Hyperion
Spammaster Rank A
Appointed "Universal Translator" by Cyber_Skaarj on July 22, 2006
Metroidvania
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby EdenB » Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:53 pm

Metroidvania wrote:It was good.....
Until Pluto ripped out Ranma's heart......

I thought that was good, not because I wanted it to happen but just for the shock value and trying an ending not many people would write.
EdenB
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Materia-Blade » Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:16 am

Eh... i've no problem with a tragedy but with a fic like that you don't go and kill the main character.
Robert Jordan has been building up the wheel of time series so much so that if Rand dies in the end, i'll be satisfied as... well.. it's been said pretty much from the begining!
That was just plan "Sorry! I'm Bored Now! Here's and end for you!" Argg... I... eh... I'll stop. Sorry.
Just got done watching The Davinci Code. It's plausible. I don't believe a word, mind, but it is plausible. Ha ha!
"I killed the world and you can too, if you try hard."
-- Lews Therin Kinslayer
Materia-Blade
Senshi Cadet

Postby Atlan » Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:29 am

Now, I voted for the romance option, even though I find more Ranma-as-a-senshi fics enjoyable.
The reason for this? My favourite fic ever, the fic I consider the best Ranma fic in the net, was a Ranma/Minako romance. One of the only ones out there.
http://www.shadowchronicles.net/ The Shaddow Chronicles: On a Clear Day You Can See Forever. Read it. Love it.
Besides, Ranma is usually more Ranma-like when he's dating a magical girl, not becoming one.
The Banana, the Atheist's Nightmare:

God made it with a non-slip surface, a color coded system so we know when to eat it, and an easy open tab at the top of the banana. It's just the right shape for a mouth and is easy to digest!!
Atlan
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Pale Wolf » Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:22 am

What, he can't do both?
The reason I haven't voted reveals itself...
There is no problem that cannot be solved through the proper application of immense levels of firepower.

- Finally promoted to Spammaster Indeterminate Rank as of June 18, by Stratagemini

<Stratagemini> My Titanium Anus Armour will repel all challengers!

Would you believe this is one of the more tame bits of dirt I've got for him?
Pale Wolf
Fukufics Staffer

Postby Metroidvania » Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:47 am

Materia-Blade wrote:Eh... i've no problem with a tragedy but with a fic like that you don't go and kill the main character.
Robert Jordan has been building up the wheel of time series so much so that if Rand dies in the end, i'll be satisfied as... well.. it's been said pretty much from the begining!
That was just plan "Sorry! I'm Bored Now! Here's and end for you!" Argg... I... eh... I'll stop. Sorry.
Just got done watching The Davinci Code. It's plausible. I don't believe a word, mind, but it is plausible. Ha ha!

Yes, killing Ranma off was sudden, but I don't think it was a spur of the moment thing....you could see it from a couple chapters ahead, at least......
EDIT:
Way OT, the book is _much_ better than the movie....why Tom Hanks was cast for that role is beyond me......
Hmm?
Ozz, did I say something wrong?
Last edited by Metroidvania on Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Princess of Hyperion
Spammaster Rank A
Appointed "Universal Translator" by Cyber_Skaarj on July 22, 2006
Metroidvania
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Ozzallos » Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:50 am

Last edited by Ozzallos on Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ozzallos
Senshi Cadet

Postby Light02 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:27 pm

hmm...I'm a odd ball at this I prefere a Ranma/SM cast relationship myself some of the best I like is Twin Dragons Under Moonlight
Light, The New Avatar of Chaos
Light02
Asteroid Senshi

Postby EdenB » Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:53 pm

Light02 wrote:hmm...I'm a odd ball at this I prefere a Ranma/SM cast relationship myself some of the best I like is Twin Dragons Under Moonlight

Not really an oddball, since it's the second most popular in the poll. I'm proberly going to read this...when it's not almost 5am in the morning. Found it here.
EdenB
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Pale Wolf » Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:01 pm

Except that TDUM isn't that second most popular type.
I believe he meant this one:

Which I find odd, seeing as it doesn't have any votes yet.
There is no problem that cannot be solved through the proper application of immense levels of firepower.

- Finally promoted to Spammaster Indeterminate Rank as of June 18, by Stratagemini

<Stratagemini> My Titanium Anus Armour will repel all challengers!

Would you believe this is one of the more tame bits of dirt I've got for him?
Pale Wolf
Fukufics Staffer

Postby EdenB » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:22 am

Pale Wolf wrote:Which I find odd, seeing as it doesn't have any votes yet.

Ah, you'd be right. ^^; I was thinking other kind of relationship.
Note to self; don't post while half-asleep.
EdenB
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby lwf58 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:11 am

Note to self; don't post while half-asleep.

Especially when it causes you to post nested quotes. That's against forum rules. I'm editing it out this time, but next time will result in a tempban.
lwf58
Site Master

Postby nuclear death frog » Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:58 am

I don't think I have a favorite type, except, perhaps, "good stories".
I'd read almost everything on the old list and the number of stories I actually *liked*, after more than one complete reading, could probably be counted with the fingers of one hand.
While 90% of everything is probably crap, that doesn't necessarily mean that the remainder is good. 'Mediocre' and 'average' can probably be defined as lying between 'crap' and 'good'.
nuclear death frog
Senshi Cadet

Postby Materia-Blade » Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:36 pm

I like to think my fic above "between 'crap' and 'good'" but really i'm just fooling myself.
I find myself going back to read the classic fictions lately. Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Ranma... what was that other one? Not destiny's child... oh my god how did i forget the name... gar... the fic by C.Rose... (though I did reread that one too....)
Ah... I forget.
Sailor Ranko.
Paragon.
Just a plan.
etc.
Princess of the Moon? Was that it? I'm too lazy.
"I killed the world and you can too, if you try hard."
-- Lews Therin Kinslayer
Materia-Blade
Senshi Cadet

PreviousNext

Return to Polls