Which kind of Ranma-chan story do you like most?

Post any fanfiction related polls here

Well? Don't tarry!

Poll ended at Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:02 pm

Ranma simply spends a lot of time as a girl.
8%
Ranma simply spends a lot of time as a girl.
8%
Ranma gets his curse locked.
No votes
Ranma gets his curse locked.
No votes
Circumstances force Ranma to accept or prefer his cursed form during the course of the story.
4%
Circumstances force Ranma to accept or prefer his cursed form during the course of the story.
4%
Ranma decides, of his own initiative, to accept or prefer his cursed form during the course of the story.
33%
Ranma decides, of his own initiative, to accept or prefer his cursed form during the course of the story.
33%
Ranma already accepts or prefers his cursed form at the beginning of the story.
No votes
Ranma already accepts or prefers his cursed form at the beginning of the story.
No votes
Sex leads to acceptance or preference.
No votes
Sex leads to acceptance or preference.
No votes
Ranma gets amnesia, and ends up living and learning as a girl.
No votes
Ranma gets amnesia, and ends up living and learning as a girl.
No votes
I like Ranko the most! And she's not Ranma! Or it's technically Ranma, except she was born a girl!
No votes
I like Ranko the most! And she's not Ranma! Or it's technically Ranma, except she was born a girl!
No votes
I like something else, which you didn't mention above. (Hey, I only have room for ten options!)
4%
I like something else, which you didn't mention above. (Hey, I only have room for ten options!)
4%
Who says I like any kind of Ranma-chan story? Bah! The less time he spends as a girl, the better!
No votes
Who says I like any kind of Ranma-chan story? Bah! The less time he spends as a girl, the better!
No votes

Total votes : 24

Which kind of Ranma-chan story do you like most?

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:02 pm

Well, hopefully the available options are comprehensive enough.

As for me, my favorite kind of story is where Ranma makes progress accepting and/or becoming a girl on his own. It's also what I prefer to write. Second to that is simply spending a lot of time as a girl. Most of the rest is okay, since I'll take what I can get, with the exception of sex and amnesia.
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Re: Which kind of Ranma-chan story do you like most?

Postby Spokavriel » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:15 pm

I like circumstances of the story making it easier for Ranma to grow into preferring or at least not disliking his softer side. Daimikaicho Ranma comes to mind. Hild's involvement and training in control have gone a long way through circumstances in making Ranma's preference shift.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Wyrd » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:27 pm

I prefer 'circumstances allow Ranma to explore and accept his girl side,' preferably ones that start from close to canon. Every time Ranma even comes close to admitting acceptance of his girl form in canon, something happens to cause backsliding, partially because this is a sit-com where it isn't as funny if the curse doesn't bug him. Still, while I like for circumstance to make it possible, I prefer for it to merely allow him the chance to explore it, not force him into it, thus the choice I voted for, where he voluntarily comes to spend time as a girl.
Wyrd
Senshi Cadet

Postby Shanami » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:20 pm

Honestly, I care a lot less about the circumstances involved as much as I care about the style of writing.

My preferred type of Ranma-chan story is a humorous one. Really, anything funny is going to get my attention as long as the writing is decent. Give me comedy or give me french toast! Actually... give me both together :)

That said, if the point of the story is about Ranma accepting his feminine side, I prefer stories where Ranma has a reason to explore the curse and/or decides of his own volition to explore said curse. I think the story that typifies what I like surrounding the actual Ranma-chan transformation best is "Clothes Make The" where the exploration is a natural consequence of his/her life.
Senshi of Titania (Uranus III)
Shanami
Prism Power Senshi

Postby mondu_the_fat » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:03 pm

The story I'd prefer would be where Ranma is fighting tooth and nail to regain his manhood.

Next would be stories where the curse doesn't bother him as much, but would rather be without it. Stories where he takes advantage of his female form, but still preferring his male form is also fine.

Non-comedy stories where he accepts being female bother me. Worse is he prefers being female over being male. It's like reading an original character rather than reading a Ranma fanfic. It might be very well written, but even then it would be an original piece of fiction rather than a Ranma one.

this is a sit-com where it isn't as funny if the curse doesn't bug him.

This.
"So Igor wasn't kidding. Most people just ensure they won't die cold and alone by making friends...I gain superpowers and have mysterious voices tell me I did a good job. My life is a goddamn mess."
-- Minato Arisato, My Life is a Goddamn Mess
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Return to Polls