Nodoka
7%
Nodoka
7%
Genma
7%
Genma
7%
Someone else (Please specify. Since I'm constricted to ten options, you can also use this option to specify more than one person in a post, who couldn't be fit into the poll.)
3%
Someone else (Please specify. Since I'm constricted to ten options, you can also use this option to specify more than one person in a post, who couldn't be fit into the poll.)
3%

Total votes : 60

Who becomes Sailor Chaos?

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:52 pm

Well, there's an element to a story idea that I have, which I can't decide upon, and I figure it's "fan-fiction related," so... Without giving away too much about the idea, what I'm looking for is one of the cast of Ranma 1/2 characters becoming Sailor Chaos. This character will be killed by Ranma, so whoever becomes Sailor Chaos needs to make enough sense, as well as have enough of a dramatic impact on the story because of Ranma's relationship with them. There are a few good ones that are obvious, and several others besides them to consider, so I can't make up my mind.

(I set it so you can choose up to three characters.)
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Re: Who becomes Sailor Chaos?

Postby Konsaki » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:57 pm

Ryoga due to his status as rival and antagonist through most of the series, though he and Ranma carry an undercurrent of friendship which surfaces quite a few times. I can see Ranma lamenting the need to take Ryoga's life, but I don't see it damaging his psyche as much as some other deaths would.

Akane due to her status of major love interest will give Ranma angst over the entire situation, but I can see her becoming the enemy due to her lack of emotional control. Her death will cause one of those 'fall to your knees and yell to the sky' scenes from Ranma as he can't save her from herself.

Nodoka due to Ranma's unwavering need to seek approval and acceptance from her. Played right, this could be the most damning Sailor Chaos you could choose, as her death at Ranma's hands would not only scar his ego forever but also leave a stigma on him which would affect the rest of the cast. Genma no longer sees him as his son but the slayer of his wife, the Tendo's see a tainted martial artist due to the loss of their own wife/mother only Ranma was the cause... and it could go on, depending on how dark and depressing you want to make it.

Of course, all three deaths could be done within the light of redemption, that last little conversation before they pass on in where they forgive and thank Ranma for freeing them from the taint of 'Chaos'...

It's all up to you and how you want to turn the story around.
Konsaki
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:29 pm

How about Ryu Kumon? He's chaotic enough, and nobody would mourn forever.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Wyrd » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:36 am

I'd say Genma, Ryouga, and Akane are the characters that most seem to be touched by Chaos already, depending on how exactly you interpret the canon, and any of these would affect Ranma deeply for having to kill, though Ryouga would probably hurt him the least. Soun could also work, and have really big consequences for all of the Tendos and Saotomes.

Since you aren't saying where you are going with it, a possiblity occurs to me: Chaos sends fragments of itself out into the galaxy to corrupt both planets and individuals. One such fragment could have gotten lodged in Happosai. When he dies, whether violently or of natural causes, it jumps directly to Soun or Genma, or it attempts to jump to Ranma and someone else gets in the way. This person already had a dormant link to the Galactic Cauldron(where Chaos resides), which the fragment uses to turn him or her into Sailor Chaos, or they just had a better natural star seed that enabled the fragment to achieve a level of connection that it never could while in Happosai.
Wyrd
Senshi Cadet

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:35 pm

Well, if it helps anyone to know, Sailor Chaos will reincarnate in the past, from the future (like Pluto did). Saying why would reveal too much, so... Basically, the reason why the character has to die is because they are Sailor Chaos (right down to the star seed). Otherwise I can't really justify a reason to kill whoever happens to be Sailor Chaos, since my goal is to fit it with a certain tragic element found in the manga of Sailor Moon.
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Wyrd » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:08 pm

If you are going with Sailor Chaos used to be Sailor Galaxia, the purest, strongest Senshi of the galaxy, then Kasumi could work. Her mischievous nature in the earlier series gets more and more suppressed as she started to feel the stirrings of Chaos inside her, leading to what is otherwise the flanderization of her character from homemaker with a twisted sense of humour to Yamato Nadeshiko. You could have it where each life she is born into she always starts off good and pure before slowly being corrupted by Chaos.

If you want the Senshi in question to literally be the Senshi of Chaos, then you are already separating from canon, since Chaos is a discrete being and not a planet/moon/celestial object for someone to be Senshi of.
Wyrd
Senshi Cadet

Postby WG_Writer » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:20 pm

I say Nabiki, and here is my reasoning: first of all If Ranma could bring him/her self to kill Akane it would have a major enough shift in the character that while effecting the result of "shifting relationship dynamics" it would also result in a major shift in his character. the same would be true to a lesser extent on Ukyo and Shampoo. with Mousse or possibly even Ryoga he would get over it and recover eventually, and none of the relationships may be effected it depends on how its written. also I doubt any of the older generations would have the same sort of impact I think you want. This leaves Kasumi and Nabiki. However despite the situation if you recall he is protective of both (Even if he denies it about Nabiki), I submit the 10 yen battle as an example.

now to split this up between Nabiki and Kasumi as options Remember one thing about Chaos that describes her past that we know so little about, she defined her homeworld as "Trash" I can far more easily see Nabiki saying that about a place then Kasumi.
Storm trooper effect works against good guys as well.
No matter how strong you are, there is always a teenager able to beat you without breaking a sweat.
A blind Paladin can only hear half truths
A deaf Paladin can only see half truths
Either way the Paladin is a berserker
WG_Writer
Moon Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:27 pm

Well, considering that Ranma wouldn't be able to defeat Sailor Chaos as his normal self, his character will undergo a bit of change due to, as you've no doubt guessed, whatever makes the story a fukufic. ;p And then it would come down to either killing Akane, or allowing Akane to kill everyone else.

That aside, if Nabiki were to win in the poll, then I'll take what you've said into consideration. Including whatever anyone else has said, depending which character comes out on top.

Wyrd wrote:If you want the Senshi in question to literally be the Senshi of Chaos, then you are already separating from canon, since Chaos is a discrete being and not a planet/moon/celestial object for someone to be Senshi of.

As far as the manga is concerned (since I'm not as familiar with the anime), it's canon. Aside from Sailor Cosmos saying "Sailor Chaos" more than once, its independent power source is no different than the Ginzuishou's.
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Wyrd » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:12 pm

Crescent Pulsar R wrote:As far as the manga is concerned (since I'm not as familiar with the anime), it's canon. Aside from Sailor Cosmos saying "Sailor Chaos" more than once, its independent power source is no different than the Ginzuishou's.

You must be using a different translation than I read. I don't recall that ever happening, but the manga has been translated on several different occasions, sometimes quite poorly.
Wyrd
Senshi Cadet

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:54 pm

My source is the Tokyopop graphic novels, and I'm more willing to trust them than online translations. (I especially grew wary after I got a glimpse of what some online translators have done for Ranma 1/2. I'll stick with Viz's translations, thanks.) Besides, I seriously doubt that they'd get something like "sailor chaos" wrong, and I also doubt they'd make it up since it'd be unnecessary to do so in the event that there's no "sailor" mentioned. Especially since Chaos by itself is also used, so it's evident that there's something to signify the different states.

My guess is that Chaos can become Sailor Chaos when it becomes a star seed. Since it hadn't become a star seed in the written story, that's probably why it was still in the Galaxy Cauldron and tried to take it over. Sailor Cosmos probably spoke of a Sailor Chaos because, in the future where she comes from, Chaos developed into a star seed and took on its true form.
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Konsaki » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:01 pm

Wasn't that the translation which made Michiru and Haruka cousins... which then made them incestuous lesbians? :P
Konsaki
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Wyrd » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:28 pm

Konsaki wrote:Wasn't that the translation which made Michiru and Haruka cousins... which then made them incestuous lesbians? :P

They weren't lesbians, they were women in comfortable shoes(outside of Senshi form, though part of the Senshi magic might make them comfortable) who happened to be really friendly with each other. Really, really friendly. Haruka wasn't flirting with all of those girls, she was teasing them for their inability to tell that she was a girl. Yeah, that's the ticket...

The amount of sanitization the people think children need, and what exactly they tend to sanitize, has bothered me for a while and will likely continue to do so, especially with how bad some of the stuff they let through instead is.
Wyrd
Senshi Cadet

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:44 pm

Konsaki wrote:Wasn't that the translation which made Michiru and Haruka cousins... which then made them incestuous lesbians? :P
Well, since the question followed my post, I might as well cover a base. Just in case.

Tokyopop's translation? Nope. Nothing about family relation is mentioned, that I recall.
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Cheb » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:22 am

This is the most clear image of SE:RA:KAOSU in existence (from sailor Cosmos' flashback):

Proud owner of 1.5 kilograms of Germanium transistors
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:46 am

And that's saying something of the black blob that she appears to be in the small, pocket-sized graphic novel Tokyopop produced. Until I saw that I wasn't even sure if Sailor Chaos had a human form or not.

But, yeah, the katakana for Sailor Chaos is unmistakable.
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Next

Return to Polls