Spring of drowned twins curse

Post any fanfiction related polls here

How do you think it would work?

Poll ended at Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:57 am

It'd only work once. The person gets a twin and neither are cursed.
4%
It'd only work once. The person gets a twin and neither are cursed.
4%
It only requires one of them to be exposed to hot water to return to being one person.
17%
It only requires one of them to be exposed to hot water to return to being one person.
17%
It requires both of them to be exposed to hot water at the same time to return to being one person.
4%
It requires both of them to be exposed to hot water at the same time to return to being one person.
4%
Regardless of whether it requires one or both to be exposed to hot water, being exposed to cold water while twins will create another twin, and so on and so forth. (Kind of like the gremlins! XD)
4%
Regardless of whether it requires one or both to be exposed to hot water, being exposed to cold water while twins will create another twin, and so on and so forth. (Kind of like the gremlins! XD)
4%
It works in some other way, that's not explicitly listed above.
21%
It works in some other way, that's not explicitly listed above.
21%

Total votes : 24

Spring of drowned twins curse

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:57 am

I was wondering about this curse since it's different from the others, in that it creates an additional form instead of switching out an existing one. Since all we know is that all of the curses should activate with cold water, and deactivate with hot, this particular curse makes using such a simple system complicated. I guess that's what exceptions are for? And thus I wondered what you would think.
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Re: Spring of drowned twins curse

Postby Tornado Ninja Fan » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:29 am

I voted for the option that only one had to be doused with hot water, because the victims of the other curses change back if parts of their body gets in contact with hot water.

I assume that the twins would share one soul/consciousness, which would be extremely disorientating for the victim who would have to get used to seeing through two pairs of eyes, etc.
Tornado Ninja Fan
Senshi Cadet

Postby Konsaki » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:18 am

I voted 'Other' since the way Jusenkyo works has been up to Rumiko Takahashi's whim. Using this, I consider Jusenkyo to be simi-intelligent/simi-telepathic and determins the effect of the curse based off the intentions of the person being effected by it. Here are some examples to make my vision clearer:

Ryoga jumps into 'Spring of Drowned Twins' (SDT) to try and get his 'twin' to take the curse and leave him curse free. Jusenkyo sees this in Ryoga's mind and makes it where his 'twin' is curse free but leaves Ryoga in a normal state or perma-pig depending on darkness of Jusenkyo.

Ryoga jumps into SDT because he's lonely and wants to gain a traveling companion. He gets a twin but both are still pig cursed and the twin gets seperated/lost due to Ryoga's inherent flaw.

Happosai wants to 'teach Ranma a lesson' through Ryoga and dumps a bucket of SDT water on an unaware Ryoga. Ryoga turns into two pigs when wet but once one hits hot water, the one in the hot water turns back into Ryoga and the other pig disappears somehow with Ryoga gaining it's memories.
Konsaki
Asteroid Senshi

Postby toushin » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:45 am

i think it works similar to the kage bunshin when hit with cold water the victim is split the victims ki is easily distributed among the two given each twin an equal fraction of the victims overall power. the upside is that the twin wont disappear when hit. their would be a mild telepathic link between the two allowing them to call each other and know where the other is. only one needs to be hit with hot water to change back but they do need to be relatively close to each other. not touching but in the vicinity of each other. finally any experience the twins gain during their existence is transferred to the original once they are dispersed.
toushin
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:49 am

Konsaki wrote:I voted 'Other' since the way Jusenkyo works has been up to Rumiko Takahashi's whim. Using this, I consider Jusenkyo to be simi-intelligent/simi-telepathic and determins the effect of the curse based off the intentions of the person being effected by it. Here are some examples to make my vision clearer:

Ryoga jumps into 'Spring of Drowned Twins' (SDT) to try and get his 'twin' to take the curse and leave him curse free. Jusenkyo sees this in Ryoga's mind and makes it where his 'twin' is curse free but leaves Ryoga in a normal state or perma-pig depending on darkness of Jusenkyo.

Ryoga jumps into SDT because he's lonely and wants to gain a traveling companion. He gets a twin but both are still pig cursed and the twin gets seperated/lost due to Ryoga's inherent flaw.

Happosai wants to 'teach Ranma a lesson' through Ryoga and dumps a bucket of SDT water on an unaware Ryoga. Ryoga turns into two pigs when wet but once one hits hot water, the one in the hot water turns back into Ryoga and the other pig disappears somehow with Ryoga gaining it's memories.
So, basically, you're saying it's circumstantial. And it wouldn't make sense, in my opinion, since the twin curse is one of the few (if not only) exceptions in Jusenkyo, and exceptions are rarely accommodated for (or, at least, well) in nature. There'd have to be a lot of curses like the twin curse for the nature of the magic to need to do more than simply: cold activates curse, hot deactivates curse. Because the vast majority of curses (at least, if the ones we know of are any indication) don't require a choice, and thus no "personality" or "consciousness" would develop, or need to develop. That's why I approached the question according to what we do know for certain, and not something out of pure speculation. And what we know is that cold water activates a curse, and hot water deactivates it. Thus, the poll is about how that "on" and "off" system might work in the case of the twins curse.

Fortunately, I set it so a person can switch their choice in the poll. Unless you can think of another way the activation and deactivation might work for someone with a twin curse, that I failed to include in the poll.

toushin wrote:i think it works similar to the kage bunshin when hit with cold water the victim is split the victims ki is easily distributed among the two given each twin an equal fraction of the victims overall power. the upside is that the twin wont disappear when hit. their would be a mild telepathic link between the two allowing them to call each other and know where the other is. only one needs to be hit with hot water to change back but they do need to be relatively close to each other. not touching but in the vicinity of each other. finally any experience the twins gain during their existence is transferred to the original once they are dispersed.

If you chose the last option in the poll, what you said fits the second option. ^^;

(Don't tell me that the question is that hard to understand? That's two out of three, so far... O.o)
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Anchoku » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:18 am

Konsaki wrote:I voted 'Other' since the way Jusenkyo works has been up to Rumiko Takahashi's whim. Using this, I consider Jusenkyo to be simi-intelligent/simi-telepathic and determins the effect of the curse based off the intentions of the person being effected by it. Here are some examples to make my vision clearer:

I agree with Konsaki. My own preference is that Ryouga would turn into two people with one mind and so would talk at the same time, think and move identically. They'd bump into each other to enter the same door at the same time and end up notching out the frame. He'd have to learn how to put food in both of his mouths at the same time, too.

So, my vote would be two bodies, a single mind, double the power and endurance in a fight, half the control. I'm thinking Ranma might have a harder time fighting two Ryougas but may just knock their heads together.

Oh, and about the pig curse, I would guess the curses override each other, newest displacing the older. Taro went back to Jusenkyou, found his original mixed pool, and added octopus before taking another dip.
Anchoku
Senshi Cadet

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:47 pm

*I throw my hands up into the air*

I give up!
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:27 pm

This was probably said but I don't want to read a thread on this topic so I'm just blindly going to say how I think it should work.

The Spring of Drowned Twin makes as much of a complete double of what it is used on as it can for the amount of water that was used. Just like the bump on Happosai's head that got hit by the last drip of it.

So if there was not enough water you could end up with a conjoined twin. And I think for the curse to reverse either they must be in contact or both submerged in the same hot water.

Any other ways going about this either doesn't fit what was seen or has people somehow vanishing like the Wicked Witch of the West on fast forward because they got hit in hot water without their twin there to rejoin with. Or Worse another twin every additional cold water splash like Gremlins.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Return to Polls