12%
both are the same and it depends on the skill of the fighter
35%
both are the same and it depends on the skill of the fighter
35%

Total votes : 26

shun leep vs anything goes

Postby toushin » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:02 pm

which do you think is better shun leep from gold digger or anything goes. i myself think anything goes is the better style mainly becuase its philosophy totally contradicts shun leep. shun leep is order it allows one to predict opponents moves by the tiny twings in their muscle movement. masters of the style dont even have to relie on their sight. anything goes on the other hand is chaos it allows one to completely change they way their fighting in seconds if something doesn't work it is discarded. the chaotic nature is what will inable it to defeat the mind set of shun leep
toushin
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Re: shun leep vs anything goes

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:26 pm

Good points but the Leep styles training in both use and reaction to weapons and magic assaults I feel evens the playing field between the styles.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby DCG » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:42 am

The Grand masters of both school's are perverted old men. The elite of both school's are Busty, Cocky, Redheads. (granted thats part time for one of them)

I think its less a question of witch is better, and more of. How did Shun and happsoi get separated at birth.
Fukufics Mod, Plot Hammer, And Muse poker.
DCG
Fukufics Staffer

Postby Spokavriel » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:59 am

I have a theory for that. I say some wizard with the gift of premonitions saw what a great evil it would be allowing the brothers to ever exist in the same realm so went and transported both of them to other realities. An Earth with no Access to Jade for Happosai so that even if Leep did get out of Jade he wouldn't unbalance the world with perverse evils.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby toushin » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:22 pm

Spokavriel wrote: Good points but the Leep styles training in both use and reaction to weapons and magic assaults I feel evens the playing field between the styles.

you forget that ranma has shown a number of times knowledge on a veriety of weapons from staffs to projectiles. plus no matter how adaptive ranma is he couldn't have learned techniques like the chestnut fist or the hiryuu shoten ha as fast as he did without some knowledge in ki.

and lets not forget, soun's deamon head, the senkens, and happosai's giant battle aura.
toushin
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby toushin » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:04 am

i started reading Ranma the Prophetess and it had something in it that goes well with this poll.
The power of foresight against unpredictable moves Is more of a mental exercise than a physical one. it causes the fighters to constantly anticipate each others moves. forcing them to repeatedly matching stances and use faints.

their moves start becoming more peremptory, ever smaller. Eventually they will seem to be standing still, faces locked in grimaces of concentration. until the stress becomes to much for them.
toushin
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:21 am

After it gets to that point though can anyone be sure that it is still truly continuing? That was a really fun faceoff.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Shanami » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:53 pm

DCG wrote:The Grand masters of both school's are perverted old men. The elite of both school's are Busty, Cocky, Redheads. (granted thats part time for one of them)

I think its less a question of witch is better, and more of. How did Shun and happsoi get separated at birth.

I've seen a lot of fics that make very good use of the connection. I think my favorite iterations of that idea is that Master Leep is actually Happi's son (from the Faking It addventure I think... forget though). Though I do remember a take on it where they are estranged brothers.
Senshi of Titania (Uranus III)
Shanami
Prism Power Senshi

Return to Polls