Ranma or Sailormoon which do you like more?

Post any fanfiction related polls here

Which series do you like more Ranma or Sailormoon

Ranma
34%
Ranma
34%
Sailormoon
1%
Sailormoon
1%
How can you ask that I like them both and can't choose one over the other
14%
How can you ask that I like them both and can't choose one over the other
14%
They both suck I just like the people on this forum
1%
They both suck I just like the people on this forum
1%

Total votes : 98

Postby Anchoku » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:09 pm

stratagemini wrote:If It's "Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon" live action? I guess it's a toss up.

I've never seen (or, heard of) a live action SM. Is it good? It had better not have Mark H in a rubber suit. :/
Anchoku
Senshi Cadet

Ranma

Postby Dark Magic » Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:12 pm

I like Ranma better. To me after the first season of Sailormoon is was almost the same. They get new stronger enemy then beat it and maybe they introduce a new sailor or everyone dies and moon brings them back. Ranma is better.
Dark Magic
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Vasey » Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:58 pm

I'm not a gigantic fan of Sailor Moon on its own to be honest. The anime was bleeding awful (watched all of about three episodes and then never went back) but the manga is tolerable. I haven't actually finished reading it but it's a damn sight better than the padded out nonsense of the anime from what I've seen of the two.
Vasey
Senshi Cadet

Postby stratagemini » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:37 pm

Anchoku wrote:I've never seen (or, heard of) a live action SM. Is it good? It had better not have Mark H in a rubber suit. :/

Er... No. no Mark H in a rupper suit. Though it does have a plushie Luna that transforms into a sailor scout... (I'm still wrapping my mind around it).
It's pretty good. one of the girls I know swears by it anyway. And it certainly explains some things (Usagi has black hair until she transforms for instance).
Not as good as the Manga though.
I See in Your Eyes, The same fear that would take the heart of me.
A Day may come, when the courage of men fails!
When we forsake our works, and break all bond of authorship- But Is Not THIS Day!
This Day, We WRITE!
stratagemini
Moon Cat Advisor

Postby Neko- » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:34 am

I've never seen (or, heard of) a live action SM. Is it good?

Define good... I watched the whole deal just for laughs. But knock yourself out: http://www.tsukiyama-sama.net/BSSMLA/
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Cyber_Skaarj » Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:11 pm

Ranma to be honest. As good as I've heard the SM manga is, I prefer the Ranma manga as it's far more open ended and lends itself far better to fanfiction (which is an addiction for me really, 'cos for some reason I really love to read fics), especially as the characters can be put into any sort of fic and work in the roles they are portrayed in, whereas SM is far more restricted in what sort of roles the characters can believably have.
As for anime, Ranma is by far the more superior of the two, especially as it has a huge amount of variety in it's episodes when compared with the SM "monster of the week" trend.
"Never send a Henchkitty to do an assassin's job..."
The Devils Creed

Appointed Spammer Rank C By Himitsu, 11th March 2007
Cyber_Skaarj
Moon Senshi

Postby Materia-Blade » Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:01 pm

I prefer Ranma in all but the sparse moments where I love Usagi.
When made to mature slowly and well thoughtly, Usagi can be one of my favorite characters. Ami's pretty high up there too. For all that I make her evil I kinda like Setsuna as well... more as a villain then a hero but i still like her as a character.
Ranma outweighs them so much though.
Ranma is great. It has Ranma, Ryoga, Akane, Xian Pu, Ukyo, Hell even Kuno! There is something to like about every character in Ranma. Seeing Kuno regain his sanity fun to me. Seeing Kodachi revel in her never ending sanity is quite fun as well. Akane and Ranma is my favorite pairing but Ranma/Xian Pu is steadily becoming more attractive to me with Ran/Ukyo not far behind.
Ranma has the curses and hilarity that Sailor Moon simply cannot match but in sparse moments of seriousness...
but then... it's pretty hard to compare seriousness to downright comedy but... in the end. The comedy one.
"I killed the world and you can too, if you try hard."
-- Lews Therin Kinslayer
Materia-Blade
Senshi Cadet

Postby EdenB » Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:58 pm

Ranma 1/2, though I think Sailor Moon's story is actually better. Ranma 1/2 keeps me laughing the whole time and has a decent story and very good characters, Sailor Moon can get somewhat boring at times and a lot of fanfiction seems more interesting than the episodes themselves.
As for the Live Action of Sailor Moon, that was actually pretty good, however bad the acting was at times.
EdenB
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Metroidvania » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:39 pm

Whoops.... :shock:
Accidentally hit the last one. :oops:
You guys and gals are all great, but like others have said, there too different for me to choose one or the other.
That said, I'm leaning Ranma, but it's like ocean, the tide rises somewhere and falls elsewhere, then it switches. :D
Later,
MV
Princess of Hyperion
Spammaster Rank A
Appointed "Universal Translator" by Cyber_Skaarj on July 22, 2006
Metroidvania
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Tovath » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:13 pm

Ranma I can't stand watching SM anymore unlessits a sence with Haruka and Michiu in it.
Tovath
Prism Power Senshi

Previous

Return to Polls