Ranma the healer

Do not request fics that a simple search engine lookup can find. Follow the rule when naming threads

Ranma the healer

Postby three headed dog » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:59 pm

I feel like reading some fics in which Ranma nurses or helps heal other people in some way. I've seen a few such as a couple fics by Cloud Dreamer in which Ranma enters the healing professions. To clarify while I know a number of fics in which Ranma works as a masseur/masseuses I'm not really looking for fics in which that is the only type of healing he does. Also if the fic only has one instance of Ranma doing say CPR, placing a band-aid on a kid that skinned her knee, or healing his own wounds that really isn't enough for my current interest though taking care of someone with a fever would be enough provided it takes more than a paragraph of the story.

I like fics that explores aspects of Ranma's character that most don't and helping an ill person (such as how he tried to do for the sick kid that wanted a kiss), saving a drowning person (like he did Miss Hinako), worrying about an ill person (like he did for Happosai), or just helping a random stranger (like he did several times) isn't something I've seen much of in the fics I've read lately.

Bonus points if you can find a fic in which he combines healing into a martial arts style (healing ki such as healing hands, use of acupuncture, pressure points, massage, bandages, medicinal herbs and powders and incense, etc.) and uses it for healing more than combat (other than the healing ki these are all things he knows of and has used in the manga).
three headed dog
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Re: Ranma the healer

Postby PCHeintz72 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:24 pm

Ranma being a healer or nurse/assistant or doctor is not that outlandish... several occur to me, though they are a mix of different concepts so not all might fit what you want.

R-IY 'A Third Chance at Life' by Lumias

R-OMG 'Healing' by SJiriki

R-MULTI 'Ice Squared' by Lerris

R-SM 'What if you had to die to save the world' by krisrat

R-TM 'Hearts' Healing' by DF Roeder-Sinom Bre

'A Healer's Art' by DeepQuote

'Cost of a Promise' by Ranko's Knight

'Unfair Warning' by Brian Randall
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby three headed dog » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:13 pm

Thanks. I haven't read most of those and will read or at least browse to see if I find the fic interesting but I can't find Hearts' Healing' by DF Roeder-Sinom Bre via search engines for some reason so do you have a link?
three headed dog
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:10 pm

three headed dog wrote:Thanks. I haven't read most of those and will read or at least browse to see if I find the fic interesting but I can't find Hearts' Healing' by DF Roeder-Sinom Bre via search engines for some reason so do you have a link?

http://www.rakhal.com/onnaranma/index.html
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Return to Fic Search