Akane as Sailor Moon

Do not request fics that a simple search engine lookup can find. Follow the rule when naming threads

Re: Akane as Sailor Moon

Postby Mr L » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:23 am

Spokavriel wrote: Kasumi due to her having to take over being mom for her family is too mature, Nabiki has the wrong temperment she'd be a better replacement for Rei given her proclivities to snacking. Sadly even MuTsu would make a better Sailor Moon than any of the Tendo Daughters.

PCHeintz72 wrote:I've seen Kasumi as Serenity a few times in Fan Fiction... generally seems to be pulled off well...

One to come to mind off top of head with Akane co-leading a Senshi team though is 'Tranquility Protocols' by Mordae Durgul. Akane is *not* sailor moon. in that story, the entire Sailor moon cast is MIA and the Nerima team is activated as a substitute. Ranma is equiv to Tux, and Akane equiv to Sailor Moon.

To be honest, canon Akane does not strike as being interchangable with a Usagi personality wise. It would be a case of doing the right thing for the wrong reasons. Besides, to me personally, a canon Akane with a powerup like Sailor moon I mentally find disturbing. That is why I generally do not read stories where she is powered up to that degree like finding out she is a Sanjiyan from DBZ or a Jurian from Tenchi Muyo, etc...

That is not to say a story with a strong and powerful Akane is not possible... there have been a few I liked, but almost universally the story delves into the how of it, not the end result.

The senshi are reincarnated, a difference in personality wouldn't be too strange. In Bishonen Sailor Moon by Ryowolf, the Senshi are men and they are nothing like the original characters personality wise. And it was a good story.

About Akane being disturbing like Sailor Moon. Are you thinking she'd abuse her power? I think she'd take seriousIy her duties and she'd be too busy fighting monsters, beside it's a desguise she couldn't really show off and she didn't misuse the battle douji until Ranma decided to act like a jerk.
Mr L
Senshi Candidate

Postby Spokavriel » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:14 pm

The problem is how she gets aggressive and then violent after people do not praise her for her inept and some times painful attempts at helping.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby ckosacranoid » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:02 pm

Spokavriel wrote: Kasumi due to her having to take over being mom for her family is too mature, Nabiki has the wrong temperment she'd be a better replacement for Rei given her proclivities to snacking. Sadly even MuTsu would make a better Sailor Moon than any of the Tendo Daughters.

"Cat, Why am I wearing a dress with a short skirt?......Hey, I can see know with out my glasses."
Luna just swaet drops with the image os Moose dressed as sailor moon...still as a male

"I am sorry, Cape boy, I dont swing that way. KEEP YOUR HANDS TO YOUR SELF YOU JERK!"
Poor Cape Boy gets strung up by Moose.

"Forget the damn tiara Luna! Moon Chains! Moon Swords! Moon Childs pooty!"
Everyone sweatdrops with the last attack.

"Our fearless leader is a guy? In Drag? What the hell?"
Any time a new scout gets found.

"This is the fithteenest time that Sailor Moon has attack some attacked some kid named Ranma Satome screaming something about him leading his wife on."
The nightly news during any given month.

Someone made the comment about shapoo about being sailor moon and then someone made the comment about moose being sailor mooon and I had to do this quikc setup.
http://otakuracing.blogspot.com/
my blog for busniess and other things i do.
ckosacranoid
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby ckosacranoid » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:03 pm

"Cat, Why am I wearing a dress with a short skirt?......Hey, I can see know with out my glasses."
Luna just swaet drops with the image os Moose dressed as sailor moon...still as a male

"I am sorry, Cape boy, I dont swing that way. KEEP YOUR HANDS TO YOUR SELF YOU JERK!"
Poor Cape Boy gets strung up by Moose.

"Forget the damn tiara Luna! Moon Chains! Moon Swords! Moon Childs pooty!"
Everyone sweatdrops with the last attack.

"Our fearless leader is a guy? In Drag? What the hell?"
Any time a new scout gets found.

"This is the fithteenest time that Sailor Moon has attack some attacked some kid named Ranma Satome screaming something about him leading his wife on."
The nightly news during any given month.

Someone made the comment about shapoo about being sailor moon and then someone made the comment about moose being sailor mooon and I had to do this quikc setup.
http://otakuracing.blogspot.com/
my blog for busniess and other things i do.
ckosacranoid
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Return to Fic Search