Ranma literally '1/2' in regards to time

Do not request fics that a simple search engine lookup can find. Follow the rule when naming threads

Ranma literally '1/2' in regards to time

Postby frice2000 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:00 pm

Was just wondering if there were any fics where a central or important plot point was that Ranma had to actually spend roughly half the day in one form then the other half in the other. Just thought that'd be an interesting plot point. Thanks for any responses or links you may provide :).
frice2000
Asteroid Senshi

Re: Ranma literally '1/2' in regards to time

Postby Dumbledork » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:25 pm

THere are 2-3 fics where Ranma found a partial cure. He can switch at will but needs to spend half his time in each form. Can't remember the names of the fics, though. I think one is at anime addventure.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:49 pm

Hrm... I think one story that might fit is Happi's Redemption. If I remember correctly (ha! It is to laugh!), Ranma eventually has it so he can choose when and how long he's in one form or another, and by spending such and such time in each form allows him to spend time in them without being molested by the "water magnet" aspect of the curse. It's been a while since I've read this story, so I could be wrong.

There was this other story where it was a night and day arrangement, but I can't remember the name of the story, or even what it was about. ;/
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:39 pm

frice2000 wrote:Was just wondering if there were any fics where a central or important plot point was that Ranma had to actually spend roughly half the day in one form then the other half in the other. Just thought that'd be an interesting plot point. Thanks for any responses or links you may provide :).

I know migele had in the Ranma/Please Teacher crossover that asumi and Tofu discovered if he did not equalize his time, Jusenkyo would fight it, even blowing open windows to get him wet, so when Ranmaa was aware, Ranma would spend some days as a girl, and some as a guy...

There was an AA thread where a sort of cure was offered with these ind of equal time share conditions, but if he took it, itwould give him control of his life, but would never be able to fully cure himself.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:27 am

That was a fairly major plot point in Different Colors. But I wrote a postlude which mentions it: Genmas_Travels. A lot has happened before this; Ranma and Akane are married, and Ranma's made peace with the Cat. The short section that includes it follows:
Later that day, as the household was preparing for sleep, Genma passed a male Ranma in the hall. "So you're finally being a boy, boy?"

Ranma looked the part-time panda-girl up and down. "If I'm a guy half the time, and a gal half the time, I'm hardly a water magnet at all. I like that. As a cat, I insist on it."

Genma sniffed. "You're going to waste your boy time asleep?"

Ranma smiled. "I'm a tomcat and a married man, oyaji. I'm going to spend my man time in bed." He waggled his eyebrows at Genma, then went into the room he and Akane shared. He closed the door.

Genma stood for a long time, thinking of Nodoka. She was acting standoffish because he hadn't been at the wedding. When he heard the schools being joined, he went, disconsolate, to his lonely futon in the guest room.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby frice2000 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:09 am

Thanks for the links guys. Except only half thanks to Crescent since while I like lots of Mykon's concepts each and every one of his stories make me feel dirty and like I just read a Satanic Bible while my Catholic and almost a nun-grandmother stood on my shoulder and stared at me with the fires of damnation and extreme disappointment in her eye for reading them for a chapter, so I had to stop as yeah they really kind of sicken me. Just kidding do appreciate the link Crescent but yeah I really don't like that guys fics. Never had as visceral a reaction to a story as I have his and I've read some pretty dark and disturbing stuff in regards to Ranma before and they all made me just close them and chuckle. His stuff? It feels wrong, really really wrong.

Oh and found another story on my own to add to this in a almost match: Twilight Existence.
frice2000
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:06 am

I can understand that. But from what I remember Happi's Redemption isn't like, well... those other ones.
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Return to Fic Search