Looking for fics fitting the theme of a quote.

Do not request fics that a simple search engine lookup can find. Follow the rule when naming threads

Re: Looking for fics fitting the theme of a quote.

Postby Spokavriel » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:07 am

How the hell does anyone get through even the first chapter trying to read Shadows of Honor? The language is a bit screwy before the guy appears in a column of light and lightning I guess but then it kills believability. This guy knows NOTHING about the people he is talking to and is insulting ... And then the use of language was even worse. Just the way phrases were applied. Who in their right mind equates dozing off with jet engines? Gah. I'll try giving it another shot after some sleep but so far I don't think this fic is worth trying to read.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Makoto » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:32 am

Haven't read the story, but I have seen some writers equate snoring with the noise from an aircraft engine, on occasion (and usually as an exaggeration).
Still alive, but failing miserably at dodging Real Life.
My webpage has returned! http://www.fdnest.com/~makoto/
My Fanfiction.net profile: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1473284/
Makoto
Asteroid Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:32 am

Spokavriel wrote: How the hell does anyone get through even the first chapter trying to read Shadows of Honor? The language is a bit screwy before the guy appears in a column of light and lightning I guess but then it kills believability. This guy knows NOTHING about the people he is talking to and is insulting ... And then the use of language was even worse. Just the way phrases were applied. Who in their right mind equates dozing off with jet engines? Gah. I'll try giving it another shot after some sleep but so far I don't think this fic is worth trying to read.

Shrugs... I read all of it, and dd not think it as bad as many others I've read. However, the guy IIRC was from the middle east, and English was not his first language... I admit the first chapter was not near as good as the rest...
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:17 am

Too soon for snoring it was being used as a metaphor in combination with Ranma relaxing with his head in Kasumi's lap. Letting himself lose consciousness.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:41 pm

Only You appears to be a near miss. Sure the whole story starts because Ranma understands Kasumi and that is what his choice was based on but the plot is more about overcoming obstacles between them. It does show more or less why I was asking for plots based on the understanding and not particularly ones where Ranma and Kasumi fall in love. Not sure how to make the distinction clear though.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Return to Fic Search