Repeat search, らんま goes to school as a girl.

Do not request fics that a simple search engine lookup can find. Follow the rule when naming threads

Repeat search, らんま goes to school as a girl.

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:04 pm

Years ago I did this search. I don't mind if there are repeat results. I'm kinda having trouble finding the original search and I would also like to see if there are any new fics along these lines.

The criteria is Ranma goes to School as a girl all the time or at least most of the time. Thats it. No conditions on the reasoning just Ranma spends most of the time in school or all of it female.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Re: Repeat search, らんま goes to school as a girl.

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:02 pm

Spokavriel wrote: Years ago I did this search. I don't mind if there are repeat results. I'm kinda having trouble finding the original search and I would also like to see if there are any new fics along these lines.

The criteria is Ranma goes to School as a girl all the time or at least most of the time. Thats it. No conditions on the reasoning just Ranma spends most of the time in school or all of it female.

I wrote that. It's called Different Colors The reason Ranma does so is in chapter 10, "Pinkku Monday".
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:18 pm

Thank you Ellen but you aren't the only one to write a fic with this situation. There is even one story actually titled Girl's School that I am blanking on the author of at the moment. All are welcome.

Edit: Even one crack fic crossover that was set on the training trip before curses would be fine. It involved Genma hiding Ranma in an all girls primary school to hide from some people he had not too long ago stolen Ranma back from. So long as it is a situation where Ranma is either living as a girl for the time or really a girl its ok.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Makoto » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:41 pm

Miko is the author of Girl's School (and Muyami Academy, which may also fit your criteria).
Miko2 - FanFiction.Net

I've written a handful, too, which may or may not qualify - Mercury's Song, The Cost of Silence, Instruments of Change, My Life in the Garden of Rainbows (my Ranma/Futari wa PreCure crossover), and that one series which We Shall Not Name Here, For Various Reasons. ^_^;
Still alive, but failing miserably at dodging Real Life.
My webpage has returned! http://www.fdnest.com/~makoto/
My Fanfiction.net profile: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1473284/
Makoto
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:47 pm

Do you have them online anywhere because I haven't had much luck getting to the archive of your former site since Archive.org changed over to their own home brew software.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Makoto » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:53 pm

Instruments of Change should be in the RAAC archive (can't remember if I've updated any of the parts since I originally posted it to RAAC, though), and I think ranmafics had a page for it. Mercury's Song and The Cost of Silence may be in the RAAC archive as well, but I'd have to check. My Life was only posted to my homepage (and even then, I haven't posted the latest chapter, which I do have finished, due to the server being down for the time being).

Of course, if all else fails, I can always email you an archive.
Makoto
Asteroid Senshi

Postby frice2000 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:54 pm

Last edited by frice2000 on Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
frice2000
Asteroid Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:33 am

Spokavriel wrote: Thank you Ellen but you aren't the only one to write a fic with this situation. There is even one story actually titled Girl's School that I am blanking on the author of at the moment. All are welcome.

Edit: Even one crack fic crossover that was set on the training trip before curses would be fine. It involved Genma hiding Ranma in an all girls primary school to hide from some people he had not too long ago stolen Ranma back from. So long as it is a situation where Ranma is either living as a girl for the time or really a girl its ok.

The first is actually more likely 'Girl Days' by Kenko... though it would not surprise me if there was one titled Girls School... not sure on the 2nd, but does not sound like something I would read.

Repeat search or not... it is not a matter of finding stories like that, but not finding them... meaning they are so common I'm surprised you need a search for it all... dozens come immediately to mind both some non-crossover ('Tattered Mist' by jade-0rchid) and many more that are crossover (ex. 'Princess of the Moon' by C Rose, or 'Warriors of Light and Shadow' by Storm Bringer). The way it is worded virtually every lock fic she goes to school applies, as does many where she is hiding out from the Finacee mess and thinking that going to school as a girl would be better...

I'd suggest searching for one that Nodoka decides to punish Ranma for deceiving her over the curse, and offers as punishment a partial death of 1 year and for that year can only be a girl and go to a girls school... Kodachi's.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby TerraEpon » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:40 am

Girls' Shcool has Ranma going to St. Hebereke, IIRC (and Akane and Nabiki too)....because Nodoka is the assistant principle.
TerraEpon
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Makoto » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:50 am

Here's a direct link to the story on fanfiction.net: Girl's School. I posted a link to the author's fanfiction.net profile in my first post, above.
Makoto
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:55 am

#1 reason for a search is that I don't know anyones site that has a list on the subject compiled. And it is painfully hard to use Google to search for the fics without getting almost every Ranma fanfic ever written in the results. And because there are so many there is almost always one that I have not read yet any time I try looking.

Another one that fits is a Negima cross where Ranma-chan has gotten her arm replaced.

Thank you for the suggestions and the more links the merrier. I kinda wish a few of the more general searches like this could get stickied to be easier to find or add to when new ones come up.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Makoto » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:06 am

Spokavriel wrote:Another one that fits is a Negima cross where Ranma-chan has gotten her arm replaced.

That's Chibi-Reaper's MahoRanma, which frice2000 linked to, above (and I just happened to re-read, yesterday... :shock: )
Makoto
Asteroid Senshi

Postby frice2000 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:22 am

Yeah Mahoranma is an interesting story but the problem with it and most of Chibi's fics, including Honor Among Thieves, which I also posted a link to here, seemingly is he writes them into quite odd and a bit too over the top circumstances and then they kind of die off...that and all his characters become quite intelligent badass mildly evil a bit too easily. Still overlook those points and those two are pretty good stories and good examples of this search.
frice2000
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:30 am

Or goes too fast charging into areas that just aren't as enjoyable. Like the fic where Ranma and Rei got joined into the same body didn't get to explore that situation much before it was slammed into Kingdom Hearts and they were separated again. So much potential, heck even a rival trainer was there in the Pokémon world but it got blown through so fast it might as well have been a trip to a store for equipment.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:54 am

Té Rowan wrote:So do I, mon, so do I, but that's wanhope, I fear. I think I've read Girl Days a double-digit number of times already.

That's one I'm not worried about. Girl Days has a perfectly good completed arc, but it jumped the shark when the scandinavian Amazons were introduced. Better Kenko spend his time on Redheads.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Return to Fic Search