Curious about Ranma/Kodachi fics

Do not request fics that a simple search engine lookup can find. Follow the rule when naming threads

Curious about Ranma/Kodachi fics

Postby slickrcbd » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:06 pm

Are there any good Ranma/Kodachi fics that are not only complete, but not completely AU as far as Kodachi's character?
I enjoyed White Rose, but that fic had Kodachi use a wish to recreate herself into something Ranma could love.
Most other such fics aren't as explicit about that, and go the route of "Kodachi is only pretending to be crazy".
The only other fic I can think of is "Right Moments".

So, can anybody make some suggestions? It doesn't have to be anything recent, I enjoy reading the old classics from the '90s. I just realized that I don't recall any fics for that character. Then again, I always thought the Kunos were too crazy to be paired with anyone. Then again, there was Mariko.
slickrcbd
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Re: Curious about Ranma/Kodachi fics

Postby Sunshine Temple » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:12 pm

This is more of a fic search than research.

Moved.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:23 pm

Hmmm... Try:

RANMA 'Roses of Shadow' by Richard Lawson - [Dld Date=04/20/2001] - [Dld Size=264kb] - [Dld Files=10] - [Status=Inactive]
Not exactly a match, but leaning that way when it was dropped.
RANMA 'God Seed' by HitmanPAC - [Dld Date=01/18/2009] - [Dld Size=566kb] - [Dld Files=13] - [Status=Inactive]
Not a matchup, but some good interaction:
RANMA 'A Mother's Tale' by juandelacruz - [Dld Date=07/14/2005] - [Dld Size=670kb] - [Dld Files=6] - [Status=Inactive]

Also... according to FanFiction.NET, there are two other possible ones but i've not read them:

Nezumi »by SoulSurvivorreviews
Ranma faces his heritage in the World of Darkness
Rated: T - English - Drama/Horror - Chapters: 8 - Words: 23,264 - Reviews: 9 - Updated: 2-6-02 - Published: 10-19-00 - Ranma & Kodachi

Final Judgment, Kodachi »by Den Scurmanreviews
The sequel to Final Judgment, Happosai. Happosai gets Ranmachan, Shampoo, and Ukyo as his personal toys for the month, but Cologne will make him work for it. Not to mention Kodachi learns a life lesson in observation. Complete :D
Rated: T - English - Adventure/Drama - Chapters: 11 - Words: 58,606 - Reviews: 42 - Updated: 3-16-05 - Published: 9-10-04 - Kodachi & Ranma - Complete

There was another I recall coming across in passing, but cannot think of it offhand.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby TerraEpon » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:44 am

I seem to remember one where there was a frame story about Ranma's kids through various wives coming back in time and then all telling the story of how their moms and dad got together, and Kodachi's kid was first. The story never finished but I think the first part did....hell if I remember the name though.
TerraEpon
Asteroid Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:43 pm

TerraEpon wrote:I seem to remember one where there was a frame story about Ranma's kids through various wives coming back in time and then all telling the story of how their moms and dad got together, and Kodachi's kid was first. The story never finished but I think the first part did....hell if I remember the name though.

RANMA 'Possibilities' by Brian-kun-Taramoor - [Dld Date=10/06/2006] - [Dld Size=446kb] - [Dld Files=5] - [Status=Inactive]
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby slickrcbd » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:26 pm

Thanks for the replies, and I apologize for clicking on the wrong forum. Somehow I missed the "re" in research and thought I was clicking on the fic search forum. How embarrassing.
slickrcbd
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:53 pm

PCHeintz72 wrote:Hmmm... Try:

RANMA 'Roses of Shadow' by Richard Lawson - [Dld Date=04/20/2001] - [Dld Size=264kb] - [Dld Files=10] - [Status=Inactive]

I've read Roses of Shadow all the way to the end. It's not inactive, it's finished.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:28 pm

Oops... You are indeed correct...

Corrected on my copy. I believe that mistake might have occured way back between when his old page went down and the new one a couple years ago came into existance.

Thanks for reporting it.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Return to Fic Search