Ranma overcomes his fear of cats

Do not request fics that a simple search engine lookup can find. Follow the rule when naming threads

Ranma overcomes his fear of cats

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:10 am

I'm interested in something specific. I've read plenty of stories where he's no longer afraid of cats because of some incident, either beyond his control or as an unexpected byproduct. I've also read a fair number where events lead to something or someone that can help him, which he accepts because it's such a nice coincidence and he's got the time and inclination. But what I'm looking for is a story where Ranma actively looks/trains/learns of a way to overcome his fear of cats and succeeds. It doesn't matter if he gets control of the neko-ken or not, or if something considered unnatural results from it. Basically, it comes down to Ranma's choice, effort and focus on this matter.
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Re: Ranma overcomes his fear of cats

Postby Dumbledork » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:12 am

Finding an Anchor by TheGrum (the first chapter is a lemon)

http://thegrum.s3-website-us-east-1.ama ... index.html
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:12 am

That is exactly what happens in Different Colors -- specifically the second chapter, "A Bear of a Different Color".
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Karei » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:27 am

Ain't No Rest For The Wicked Naruto crossover.
I'm not sure if it counts or not, since s/he doesn't really "overcome" the neko-ken, at least not in the sense that it's no longer a problem. Rather he manages to bypass it through a monumental effort of willful self-delusion.
Karei
Senshi Candidate

Postby frice2000 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:14 pm

Ain't No Rest for the Wicked, enjoyable story though quite rudderless but still fun regardless, probably took some inspiration on how to deal with the delusion from: Lunocracy which also counts I'd say. Also speaking of fairly good but sadly unfinished SM crosses The Reborn has him learning the neko-ken and thus losing his fear of cats. Those are the only two I can think of off the top of my head.
frice2000
Asteroid Senshi

Return to Fic Search