Genma/Soun Father/Fathers of the Year

Do not request fics that a simple search engine lookup can find. Follow the rule when naming threads

Genma/Soun Father/Fathers of the Year

Postby frice2000 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:12 pm

So often are Genma and Soun showcased as horribly wretched fathers usually bordering on comically evil or out and out child abuse in Genma's case. And while I'd say that's pretty true of Soun in regards to canon I personally think Genma's own supposed canon-evilness is way overplayed. So what I'm looking for is the complete opposite. Stories where an author decided to really make one or both of them excellent parents to their children. There are a few works by Lawra/Lawohki where I'd say you come close to Genma being a pretty good father but even she really doesn't take it far enough, nor start at the kids childhood. The only one I can really think of off the top of my head that meets all my criteria is Genma Ascendant and honestly there has to be more than just that doesn't there? I'm not really looking for stories where they turn things around later and make amends during the story, has to be from pretty much the start of Ranma/Akane/Kasumi/Nabiki's childhoods, as I'm really interested in seeing how the writer of the piece dealt with what effects healthy parenting would have on their progeny...or their own relationships.
Last edited by frice2000 on Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
frice2000
Asteroid Senshi

Re: Genma/Soun Father/Fathers of the Year

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:16 pm

There are several where he died to save Ranma at an early age.

There are also a couple where he changes heis ways and becomes honorable after Ranma dies.

And there are alternate universe Genma's.

Do those count?
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Re: Genma/Soun Father/Fathers of the Year

Postby frice2000 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:19 pm

I really don't want ones where he changes after Ranma dies. Ones where he died to save Ranma at an early age would be ok, as long as that makes a large impact in his/their lives. AU's are of course OK since by it's very nature I'm looking for stories that change things right from the beginning of character development that we as readers/viewers never got to see from canon.
frice2000
Asteroid Senshi

Return to Fic Search