Ranma-chan in Space.

Do not request fics that a simple search engine lookup can find. Follow the rule when naming threads

Ranma-chan in Space.

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:13 pm

I think I saved the links for this on another computer. I'm looking for fics where a majority of Ranma's screen time is in Girl Form and she is in outer space. It doesn't matter what it is crossing over with. The key elements in this search are Ranma-chan and space travel.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Re: Ranma-chan in Space.

Postby Makoto » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:31 pm

One that immediately comes to mind is one of the Ranma/Tenchi (GXP) crossovers... I think it was lawra's. Not sure if she'll spend as much time as a girl in the future, though. Edit: Yeah, it looks like the one I was thinking of is indeed Career Opportunities.
Last edited by Makoto on Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Still alive, but failing miserably at dodging Real Life.
My webpage has returned! http://www.fdnest.com/~makoto/
My Fanfiction.net profile: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1473284/
Makoto
Asteroid Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:32 pm

Spokavriel wrote: I think I saved the links for this on another computer. I'm looking for fics where a majority of Ranma's screen time is in Girl Form and she is in outer space. It doesn't matter what it is crossing over with. The key elements in this search are Ranma-chan and space travel.

Tisk.... you're getting sloppy, as such, here are category examples only, not a full listing...

Hmmm... the two more obvious immediate examples to come to mind would be:

R-HH 'Wild Honor' by MageOhki2 - [Dld Date=04/29/2009] - [Dld Size=167kb] - [Dld Files=4] - [Status=Inactive]
and

R-ME 'Wild Effect' by Largo - [Dld Date=07/14/2010] - [Dld Size=481kb] - [Dld Files=7] - [Status=Inactive]
If the moon and pluto count for outer space but no ship, there is also:

R-MULTI 'A Time Apart' by Ozzallos-TeflonBooger - [Dld Date=07/31/2009] - [Dld Size=542kb] - [Dld Files=3] - [Status=Inactive]
If being female part of the time counts, then (though it gets points added for Usagi being a evil and manipulative bitch in the name of forcing a soul enslavement bond on Ranma/Nabiki):

R-MULTI 'Ice Squared' by Lerris - [Dld Date=05/16/2006] - [Dld Size=570kb] - [Dld Files=15] - [Status=Inactive]
There is also:

R-ROBOTECH 'Dragon Lady of Macross' by Calamity-Queen of Cordite - [Dld Date=11/07/2005] - [Dld Size=892kb] - [Dld Files=30] - [Status=Complete]
If flashbacks count:

R-SM 'Eclipsed' by belleradh - [Dld Date=02/27/2011] - [Dld Size=284kb] - [Dld Files=13] - [Status=Not Complete]
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Makoto » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:37 pm

Oh, right. Forgot about the Robotech/Macross crossovers. In that case, I'd better include Tail Kinker's crossover(s) - I believe Macross OneHalf fits the qualifications, but I'm not sure about Wednesday's Child (haven't read it in a long while).

Edit: Oops - actually, Macross OneHalf probably doesn't fit. Ranma doesn't really spend the majority of the series/flight time/etc. as a girl, even though being a girl does factor into a few military plot points...
Last edited by Makoto on Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Still alive, but failing miserably at dodging Real Life.
My webpage has returned! http://www.fdnest.com/~makoto/
My Fanfiction.net profile: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1473284/
Makoto
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:38 pm

It's been a while since I've read it, so I don't recall the extent of the space travel or how often Ranma's a girl, but I know that Ranma becomes the pilot of a space ship in Ice Squared, in addition to acting as a senshi, and that at least some space travel is done. (EDIT: hopefully this adds a bit more to what PC said.)
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby frice2000 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:44 pm

Dragon Lady of Macross is pretty good, but I think the last third was a bit incongruous with the rest of the material within the fic. Lawra's Career Opportunities is very good, and as with most of Lawra's/Lawohki's fics there is substantial Ranma-chan, really good read all in all worth a look if you haven't seen it, Lawra's stuff deserves more love doesn't get appreciated enough mostly because the plot is quite long-term.

Other then those:
Shadow of the Sun probably is going to count as well, bonus as it's a fukufic. Author recently updated it to say work is progressing so there's that.

Materia Blade's The Anarchists counts doesn't it?

Could you count Wild Times? Probably not...

Not a ton of Ranma-chan and it has self-destructed it's potential thanks to obscene amounts of crosses in recent chapters but No Need for Destiny?

Ryoko Saotome, not really exactly what you want...But eh, it's a quite good story, nice amounts of Ranma-chan and a nice complete story overall.

Oh and isn't there a quite long Outlaw Star/Ranma/SM Cross on AA? That's pretty competent...Don't remember if it was -chan though. I'll edit if I find it. Edit: Outlaw Senshi first on the chain. Don't know if it's got any -chan elements don't remember and it's rather lengthy to read through again.

Edit 2: Ether Morph would possibly have counted if it had kept going considering some of the GD plot lines...maybe and one of the offshoots that got shot down was going to do that explicitly. Wish Konoko would go back to that story I really quite liked it >.<.

Doesn't count at all, it is not Ranma, but it's got um...space. And very strong female main characters but it's really quite good give it a read if you play out on Ranma stories.
frice2000
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:23 pm

There is Sailor Goddess, but I'm not going to admit to having a link to that.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Return to Fic Search